The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:28 pm

It took some time before her hands stopped shaking, and still more time for her to find that focus that had so eluded her earlier, but Ashara seemed to finally be getting the hang of bending the stems the way Eddick had demonstrated. Three more rejected crowns lay on her desk. Instead of hurling them against the wall, now she was setting them in front of her so she would remember what NOT to do...

She'd probably read Elric's note a dozen times since Eddick had left her, and though her eyes were still puffy from her tears, she knew she'd be reading it a dozen more before it was time to sleep.

Sleep...right...

Happily though, she was beginning to see another benefit of choosing lavender for his crown. As the scent of it filled her room and permeated her green-stained fingers, the anxiety seemed to abate some. Maybe sleep wouldn't be completely impossible tonight!

After yet another failure, Ashara's hand closed around the onyx stone that hung at her neck. The chatter downstairs had increased a bit as the sun was going down, but no one had come up to give her that 'list of things to do' that her mother kept threatening about. She had begun to suspect that other than the crown, there really wasn't anything else that she would be allowed to do! Or, maybe they were just being thoughtful and giving her some space. Either way, once she finished Elric's crown, if no one had given her any tasks, she had every intention of going to find him! If she could just get the flowers to do what she wanted them to do...

A quiet rapping at her window startled her from her work. The priestess' eyes shifted to Dawnspeaker that was lying on her nightstand. Ridiculous... Assassins weren't about to knock before entering. Her heart thudded hard in her chest as she realized whom it might be! Ashara flew over to the window and pushed it open, sticking her head out a bit to look around. Nothing? She turned her eyes upward toward the roof above her, and saw a mischievous pair of green eyes shining back at her in the darkness.

"Elric!" She whispered, a wide smile splayed across her face, "Please, come in!" She backed up to allow him room to enter, and as her eyes scanned the room, she saw her wedding dress still hanging in the corner, and the crowns and flowers strewn across her desk. "Oh! Wait a second," she directed toward the window, as she rushed about. The dress and cape went back in the closet, and she considered stuffing all the crowns and flowers under her bed, but she didn't want to chance destroying them all, so she settled for just throwing a blanket over the floral disaster that was her desk.

"Okay, it's clear," Ashara laughed as she pulled out some of the purple flowers that gotten tangled in her hair as she worked. She was mess, but honestly she didn't think he had come to expect anything different...
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:07 pm

As soon as she gave the signal, he gracefully swung himself in through the window. Almost before his feet hit the ground he had her in his strong arms. To be honest he wasn't sure if he'd scooped her up, or if she'd leapt into his arms, but as their lips found each other, it didn't matter.

Time lost all meaning, and neither of them knew how long they stayed that way. They both burst into muffled laughter as he lifted her off her feet and spun her around. Only by a small miracle nothing in the small room was knocked over.

Gently setting her back down, He spoke in a soft voice. The tone of voice did nothing to hide his excitement though. His eyes virtually danced liked bottled lightning. "How did you find it? How long did it take? Where? Who had it..." The questions just kept pouring from him. Realizing what he was doing he took a took a deep breath, let it out slowly and tried to calm himself. With a sheepish grin he addded. "Hi. I missed you!'

Really looking at her for the first time since he'd come in, his voice caught in his throat. She truly was beautiful. She looked like she'd been crying... He wiped away some errant moisture from her cheek and with a concerned tone in his voice he asked "Is everything all right?"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:25 am

She still felt the warmth from their passionate exchange as she buried her face in his muscular shoulder. "I missed you too," she said softly, while chuckling at his excitement over the gift. "I'm so glad you came to see me!" She was very aware of his arms around her, holding her tightly, and she knew that though Impresk was her home, that this was where she belonged. With him. Wherever that might be.

Ashara lifted her head so she could look up into his eyes again. "And yes, Melamin, everything is perfect! I'm just slightly emotionally compromised right now. I admit it! Your gift and that note still have me in tears, and Eddick left me over two hours ago! Thank you so much..." She pressed her palm over the onyx pendant that hung around her neck, and thinking of his sweet words started her eyes watering again. "It is without question the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever given me!"

She hurriedly switched the subject before the tears could start falling again. "So, I'm guessing you'd like to hear more about the sword!" The young woman laughed, and she glowed with excitement as she spoke. "It is certainly more beautiful than I could have imagined! All I had really set out to find was something of your father's that might make you feel like a part of him was with you today... Maybe even pick up a few clues that might lead us to your mother!" Ashara smiled apologetically and twisted his hair around her fingers. "Sadly, I wasn't able to find a lead on Marinelle, but I really didn't have much time for both searches..."

Ashara bit her lip anxiously as she watched for his reaction. "You liked it then? The sword I mean? I really should have just gone to find you directly after getting back. I should never have stepped foot into this house before coming to see you... I really wanted to be the one to give it to you, but just couldn't wait until tomorrow! Tomorrow will be busy enough as it is," she smiled happily.

Last edited by Ashara on Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:29 am

"Like it?!?" Elric couldn't believe his ears. "I absolutley love it!" He looked at the stone around her neck and tingled with joy. He'd estimated the length perfect and to see her wearing it... He reached out his hand and ran his thumb across the stone he'd carried for so long. "I meant every word. You are the greatest treasure I'll ever find..."

His own eyes were starting to water a bit, and if they weren't careful he knew they'd both fall to pieces soon. "You have to tell me everything! How did you find it? All we had was two decade old comment and no description!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:20 am

There was no waiver of deception in his voice, nor hint of exaggeration in his eyes. Ashara had to dig her fingernails into her palm to keep herself from showering him in tears and kisses as he confirmed the sentiments expressed in his note. Causing a ruckus would just alert her mother or Gwilly that she wasn't alone up there anymore!

"You have to tell me everything! How did you find it? All we had was two decade old comment and no description!"

"Caradoon was only a guess," she smiled as she began the story, "but it seemed to make sense. If your father had found Impresk and decided to make his new start there, Caradoon would have been the logical choice to get a decent price for his sword. I also brought along a sketch of him, in case anyone might have been around buying weapons twenty years ago... "

"Honestly, it was hard to even hope that something could come of the search. It had been SO long, and I'd really never tried my hand at much investigative work. I ended up walking into the first tavern I came across and trying to get some information about where someone should go to sell a sword. Well, I quickly discovered that when I'm not surrounded by more impressive figures such as yourself, Kaber, Eddick and Therogeon... Gwilly being invisible of course, though potentially VERY intimidating!" Ashara stifled a laugh. "But, I found I wasn't really taken seriously. Hmm...maybe if I had been wearing my plate mail," she thought aloud. "At any rate, when they saw Dawnspeaker, and then the Champions' symbol on my shield, at least they started paying a bit more attention!"

"I was directed to an old weaponsmith, who had retired his hammer, but had a couple of apprentices working at the forge. The man was quite old, probably in his seventies, and he hadn't the slightest clue what I was talking about, but I got the impression that perhaps his age had affected his faculties... Unfortunately, the other four places I went to make my inquiries had no idea how I could possibly think they would remember one man from twenty years ago, and they all said that Rildrath would have been the fellow to talk to about buying weapons back then. He did good business with the caravans going through, and had made quite a name for himself for being an honest dealer. So, I went back..."

Ashara lowered her eyes as she continued. "It was getting near dinner time, so I stopped and bought some food to bring over to Rildrath's house. He lives alone and was more than happy to have me come in and cook a hot meal for him, so I did." She looked up at her betrothed briefly before averting her gaze. "I'm not proud of it, but I was so certain that he had the information that I sought, and no one would get hurt... I... I read his Memory while he was eating..." The priestess blushed and sat down on the edge of her bed. She had always believed the spell to be very intrusive, and she felt that somehow she had betrayed Elric by reading another's mind. The dual Memory Reads on Midwinter day had been the most intimate experience of her life, and somehow it just felt...wrong to use it again after that... "I hope you're not upset with me, but no harm was done, and it was as the old Memory Reads had been. Visual only. I knew basically what and when I was looking for, so I found it almost immediately! I saw your father enter the smithy. The two of them talked briefly, and then Arturo showed him the sword... I simply couldn't believe what I was looking at! Certainly people would remember a sword like that!! They talked a bit more, and then before he left, your father seemed like he was repeating a name that the smith had given him. I had to watch the memory a few more times to catch it, but it looked as if he was saying the name Ormarad."

"I quickly took out a piece of parchment and sketched the sword as best I could with my hand shaking. It looked as if a three year old had drawn it, but I hoped it might be good enough. I slid the sketches of the sword and your father over to Rildrath and asked him if he knew a man named Ormarad. Something about seeing the pictures must have triggered something, or perhaps it was because I was just looking at that specific memory, but he remembered! Brathan Armarand he told me, is a wealthy tradesman that has a penchant for collecting fine weapons. Well...was would be a more apt word... He died about five years ago. HOWEVER!" Ashara's face brightened again, remembering the excitement she had felt at the time. "His son had inherited the estate, or what was left of it, so even though it was getting quite late by that time, I headed over there. I didn't have much time to work with as you know!"

"Runel was the son's name, and though I had apparently woken him from sleep, he didn't seem too perturbed to help answer a few questions. He didn't have the finest things to say about his father. It seems Brathan didn't ONLY have a fondness for beautiful weapons, but also for prostitutes and gambl..." Ashara's voice trailed off as her mind pursued a thought that had just occurred to her. No. She shook the idea from her mind. THAT would be an enormous coincidence... "Gambling, excuse me," she apologized before continuing. "Anyhow, he had squandered much of the family fortune, and since his death, his family had been slowly selling off some of those weapons. After showing him the sketch, Runel said that they did indeed still own the sword, and that he WOULD be willing to part with it for the right price!"

"The first price he quoted me was unacceptable." An angry, red blush rose to the priestess' cheeks. "If I hadn't been in such a good mood, I may have introduced him to Dawnspeaker. I take that back... I wouldn't have given him the honor of being struck by the mace! I learned a lesson though... It's probably not a great idea for young women to wander about at night knocking on men's doors. But, I digress!"

"I calmly told him who I was, and the friends I kept, and he seemed much more agreeable after that. We settled on a very good price, mostly since I think he was embarrassed by his behavior. Maybe because he was afraid of retribution, I couldn't say..."

"That's about it I think! I took your father's blade back to the inn with me last night, and had one of the more lucid weaponsmiths appraise it this morning, though there was little he could tell me, besides it being of elvish make."

Still a bit ashamed, Ashara gathered her courage and met Elric's eyes again. "That sword belongs in your hands, not moldering in some box on a wall! I'm still quite shocked at how it all played out, and in less than a DAY!"
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Elric listened with rapt attention as she spun her tale. He was surprised that she had used the Memory Read spell. Surprised but not upset. The experience they had shared had twisted the magic in unique and special ways. Nothing done before or after would ever alter or lessen that day in his eyes.

"Lathander grants you that spell, to do with it as you see necessary..." he tried to explain. It wasn't for him to say when or where or how to use her god's gifts. He sat down next to her and took her hand and kissed it. "There's nothing for me to be upset about."

"You did it for me... for us! You brought my father's sword home, nobody was hurt, and you probably let an old man relive some memories that age had stolen from him." A playful smile lit up his eyes. "As long as he wasn't reading your mind too... or you start acting like a seventy year old man..." He started laughing as he left the thought unfinished.

He couldn't believe that all this time, it was just down the street. Sitting there, Waiting... She made the search sound so easy. Less than a day, and all they had to do was ask!? How many times had they passed through Carradoon? It wasn't THAT big of a city... he had probably even seen these people himself!

"I would be more interested to know more about this 'Runel' individual. Next time we pass through, you'll have to point him out to me. It sounds like he needs a lesson in manners" Elric's eyes told her that he was only 'mostly' joking.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Ashara had to cover her mouth with her hand to stop from laughing out loud. The image of meeting Elric at the altar while she hobbled up the hill like the seventy year old man, smacking his toothless gums together, had her on the verge of hysterics!

Once she had regained her composure, she squeezed Elric's hand. "Runel is harmless enough, and he DID apologize and sold the sword to me, so I've no quarrel with him now," she smiled up at him. "Thank you for your understanding about the Memory Read... As you know, it's not something I take lightly. Fortunately you won't have to worry about me taking on any of his personality traits! I only spent moments in there before I found what I needed."

"Actually, about Memory Reads," Ashara began softly, as she started wrapping a lock of auburn hair around her finger, "we've talked about going back and reliving all the tales your father used to tell, and I absolutely want to do that, but we'll have to be careful about how much time I spend in your mind. It's possible if I'm there TOO often, that I could become little more than a clone of you. Well...mentally at least. While I can think of much worse fates than that, I think you might find it annoying after a time!"

"I was thinking maybe once a year. On our anniversary perhaps," she blushed, "we could go back and relive any memories you chose. Your father, your mother, our adventures... Dagadar, that chat by the fire, our wedding day... I don't want to forget any of it, Elric! Seeing Rildrath scared me. He had forgotten so much of his life!"

Ashara released her hair and lifted her hand to gently hold the side of his face. "It's inconceivable to me that I could ever forget those times, but at least once a year, I'd like to go back and remember where we began, so I can fall in love with you all over again. I want these feelings we have for each other now, to always be fresh in our minds!"
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:51 pm

"You won't forget Melamin." Elric could tell meeting the old man had shaken her up a bit. The idea of forgetting your life... Who your friends were, your family, yourself? It was horrifying to be sure. He raised his hand to his face and just held her's there. "Rildath was alone, you'll always have me. I won't let you forget!"

The half-elf thought back to the days following Midwinter. It was funny now picturing Ashara with some of his characteristics, and himself with hers. It was a little funny at the time too. Everytime one of them had caught the other doing something that was distinctly theirs, they'd shoot a knowing look that would cause the other to start smiling. When he'd get frustrated and find himself pulling his hair for example. The others never said anything, so he didn't know for certain how obvious it was... but to him it felt like the world was laughing.

From here on though, it wouldn't be the same. He wouldn't be able to see her memories or take on her attitudes. She would only have access to his. The thought seemed to worry her.

"You're the expert on spells my dear. I told you before, your always welcome. Just do what you think is safe. If once a year is optimal than once a year it shall be!"

"Memories are powerful things. The elves use them quite efficently with their reverie. Instead of dreaming, they remember... Hundreds of years worth of memories, and they rarely forget anything. Everything they feel remains new and fresh that way. It's how they can find a love and keep it new for hundreds of years. Its why they keep vendettas for centuries. After a hundred years of marriage, they can relive the first time they ever saw their love."

"I don't want you to become a clone of me." He chuckled quietly. "I want you, to be you! The you I'm marrying tomorrow! "
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:56 pm

"You know," she grinned, "sometimes when you start talking about elven life, you sound exactly like Vailis! Apparently you were able to stay awake during SOME of his lectures!" Ashara laughed and pulled him closer, leaning in to gently brush her lips against his. "Though I don't have hundreds of years to spend with you," she whispered, "I promise to make the most of the time I do have!" Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she tangled a hand in his hair, and kissed him earnestly.

Then the door burst open.

"Ashes, I brought ye some dinner since yer still hard t' work on that cr..."

Arryn Rosemorn's face went white when she saw them. Then red. Then purple.

"Boy," the woman's voice was laden with the same ancient threat of a whipping as it had been when they were younger, "ye best be leavin' the same way ye came..." She set down a tray of roast beef, rolls and vegetables and leveled a withering glare at the pair. "I just sent Ebbard over t' yer house with some food and a pie, and if ye ain't there by the time he knocks at the door, he's gonna come lookin' fer ye. So ye best, SCOOT!"

Last edited by Ashara on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Elric leapt to his feet mentally berating himself. He had intended on being wary of Arryn, Gwilly or anyone else for that matter. Something about Ashara's kiss though, could always make him lose track of the world around him!

"Ahh!!! umm.. Good morni.. uh, Evening, I mean!" Elric corrected himself with a glance through the window into the night sky. Arryn didn't blink, and the half-elf could feel himself starting to blush under that gaze.

"I just... We were... um... I just stopped by... uh... You know, just for minute..." Part of him wanted to start laughing hysterically at the situation, but another, perhaps wiser part suggested otherwise. Arryn's expression made it clear that she was not amused. Perhaps someday... Not now. Still trying to regain his composure he stammered, "umm... How are you?"

Arryn Rosemorn's only answer was a slight raising of her eyebrow.

"Ohh..." Elric began to realize words may not be the solution today. Seeing as how he wasn't having any luck with speech now anyways, it may be for the best. "hmmm... Out the way I came?" He simply asked pointing his thumb past Ashara at the window. Ashara's mother simply crossed her arms over he chest and slowly nodded.

Slowly the warrior answered her nod with a resigned one of his own. "Okay... Out the way I came..." He walked over to the window and raised it up again, letting the cold breeze in. Suddenly a new thought occurred to him. She really couldn't get any angrier at him, and Arryn was always quick to forgive...

He reached out quickly and pulled his bride-to-be in for one more kiss. The last kiss they would share before they met at the altar tomorrow. He made it memorable enough that he knew some anniversary they'd come back to relive this moment. An exasperated cough from the doorway, or two, and Elric released Ashara. As they separated he whispered in her ear, "Quel kaima Melamin, Tenna' tul're yeste' me'a!" <sleep well my love. Until tomorrow's first light!>

Grinning from ear to ear he climbed out the window into the winter air. Tonight however he knew he wouldn't feel the cold.

Last edited by Elric on Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : translation added)
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:49 am

Ashara wobbled a bit after he released her, and she was only barely able to hear his words over her pounding heart. He was usually so careful...so restrained with her. That kiss was neither careful nor restrained, and it carried with it a promise for the future that weakened her knees. It wasn't until a shock of arctic air hit her flushed face, that she realized Elric was already out the window and running towards the Champions' house.

Before he could move out of range, the priestess touched her temple with two fingers and uttered a few divine words as she turned those fingers toward the departing warrior. There was no resistance as she slid into his mind.

"I' ere' nat' tanya leneemuva amin a' kaima naa sintien tanya amin kaimeluva en' lle, A'maelamin." <The only thing that will permit me to sleep is knowing that I will dream of you, my beloved.> She unwittingly whispered the elvish words out loud, as well as into Elric's mind. "Tenna' i'anoron!" <Until the dawn!>

With a silly grin, Ashara gazed out the window after him for a few moments, mostly in an attempt to delay the confrontation with her mother.

"Well then," Arryn began, breaking the silence, "seems I won't be needin' t' worry 'bout either o' ye draggin' yer feet t' the altar..." The tiny woman pushed past her daughter, shut the window and drew the blinds.

She turned around slowly to face her mother, who'd crossed her arms in front of her again, as if waiting for an explanation. Ashara tried to keep a straight face as she attempted to answer. "Elric hadn't been here long, he just stopped by to thank me for the gift I had Eddick bring to him earlier."

"Aye, I saw lots o' thankin' goin' on!" The woman's eyebrow rose as she spoke. "An' what were ye thankin' 'im fer so zealously when I came in, hmm?"

Ashara wondered if she would break something by flinging herself out her window right then. Maybe a snowbank would catch her fall... At the very least, the snow would cool her burning face!

"Uhh... Well, I... He...He gave me this," she stuttered before lifting the onyx pendant for her mother to see. The priestess started smiling again as she looked at the gift. After a moment, she let the stone fall back to her chest as she turned to take the blanket off of the desk full of flowers.

"A pretty thing it is," Mrs. Rosemorn's voice softened as she came over to inspect the failed crowns, "but t'would be okay t' come up fer air occasionally! I'm doubtin' yer friends be wantin' t' see that all the time."

Wishing she were anywhere besides here having this conversation, the priestess glanced towards the window again. Breaking a leg would hurt, but she could fix it quite quickly. An arm would be more problematic though...

"It's not like that momma," Ashara squeaked out awkwardly, "there's really no time to ourselves on the road, and it's certainly not something that happens in front of our friends for goodness sake!" She ran her fingers through her hair and pressed her lips together in frustration. Why didn't she just leave it at, 'it's not like that', she thought with a groan.

"Really... Well, Elric certainly didn't seem t' mind pullin' that little stunt by the window just now, with yer own mother starin' right at ye!"

Wasn't much she could say to that, so Ashara opted for tugging on her hair instead of speaking and embarassing herself further.

Arryn moved next to her crimson-faced daughter and pushed a lock of hair over the girl's ear. "Bah, Ashes, ain't nothin' t' be done fer it, an' I ain't mad at ye. Nor Elric either fer that matter," she added reassuringly. "That boy always did know how t' get ye all tied up in knots, quicker 'n a kitten with a ball o' yarn! Don't think he ever knew he was doin' it though." Mrs. Rosemorn couldn't repress a grin at the memories. "Don't think ye ever knew it either!"

"I gotta say...as much as I love the two o' ye, n' I do," the woman laughed, "yer both idiots for takin' this long t' get t' this point!"

In spite of her embarrassment, Ashara had to join her mother in that laugh. "That does seem to be the consensus on the matter, yes..."

"Now then," Arryn said in her mother-knows-best voice, after giving her daughter a brief squeeze, "there ain't t' be any more visits t'night. By window OR by door... ye need t' get that crown done!"

Ashara nodded and sighed at her own ineptitude after looking down at the mess of flowers. Hopefully perfection wasn't too far off! Though her heart was still fluttering, at least her hands weren't shaking.

"I mean it, Ashes! I'll be comin' up every little while, an' if I'm seein' him up here again, there'll be REAL trouble," the older woman said, wagging a finger at Ashara. "An' try t' eat somethin' please, fer my sake!"

"Yes momma," the priestess sighed as she sat down at her desk and began selecting stems of lavender.

Arryn Rosemorn held the serious facade only as long as it took to shut her daughter's door. Perhaps she had enjoyed embarassing the couple a bit too much, but she figured it would have been much worse if it had been Ebbard instead of herself. Besides, that's exactly what her father had done when Ebbard was caught sneaking in to her house the night before their wedding.

Seemed a fine tradition to uphold!

Last edited by Ashara on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 Empty Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Who knew it would take so long to find a minotaur in a city of humanoids, even a destroyed one like Calimport. After finally finding him, and even longer "just one more search, one more building" from Kaber, he had finally teleported them back to Imperesk. Or more specifically, to the forest outside of the town. Kaber promised he would be back for the wedding, and his insistent questioning about the event proved his curiosity and desire to be there. Of course they were questions Therogeon could not answer, having never been married himself.

It was a bit of a walk into town and back to the house. Thankfully Therogeon new of a cantrip that would keep most of the chill off. Most. Still it was a beautiful night or evening rather. Probably around dinnertime if the angry rumbles of his stomach were any indication.

The first thing he noticed when he got home was that the house was dark and empty. The second thing he noticed was the numerous flowers twisted into a ring or crown shape. He had assumed that, on the night before his wedding, Elric would be nearly pacing the floor in nervous anticipation. He was staying here tonight just for that reason, to keep the half-elf fighter's thoughts distracted. Quietly whispering a cantrip to light the lamps and candles, Therogeon started for the kitchen. Elric was out and about but surely even he wasn't foolish enough to see Ashara tonight.

A soft wiggle at his side brought a smile. His newest acquisition, Calim the puppy, was awake. His leg healed, the small Cormyrian Shepard had been a constant companion ever since Therogeon had rescued him barely three days ago now. The small puppy happily licked the half-elf's face as he was brought out from the folds of the robe. Laughing lightly Therogeon carried him to the door. Now that he was awake, little Calim was going to have to visit nature and outside was always better than inside.

He gently set the small dog outside and watched as it ran off towards some bushes. Smiling he leaned back against the door frame. Tomorrow morning, literally right at dawn, two of his family would become family. Truely he couldn't be happier, though a stray thought did cause him to grimace. He still had no idea what to get them for a present. Oh well, if the gift was destined to be late, he would make sure it was indeed grand. A small bark drew him from his thoughts. Calim was finished and wanting to go inside out of the cold winter night.

Therogeon turned to allow the puppy inside and as he did he caught sight of something or rather someone walking down the road towards the house. Actually, if he looked closely enough, he saw two someones approaching the house, one on the road, one moving quickly and attempting to be stealthy as they moved. Smiling softly in slight confusion the half-elf mage reached inside the door and brought out his staff of power. The elven artifact should provide enough protection if this stealthy wanna be proved to be a threat. Actually, as he looked closer and as the figures moved ever onward towards the house he thought he recognized them. The figure on the road looked to be Ashara's father and he seemed to be carrying something. The figure attempting to move quickly and quietly definitely, at least by how he moved, appeared to be the groom to be himself. But why was he trying to avoid being seen by his soon to be father-in-law. The only reason Therogeon could think of was......

"That sly devil."

Chuckeling softly Therogeon took a small marble enchanted to cast light out of his pouch and held it in such a way to aim a beam of light at the path in front of Ebbard Rosemorn. As much fun as it would be let Elric get caught by the elder, Elric was family, and one always protected family.

Speaking loudly so as to draw attention to himself he approached the gentleman in the street, "Lord Rosemorn, fair eve to you sir. What brings you out here on this chilly winter night, everything is alright I trust?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 Empty Ebbard Rosemorn

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Ebbard was startled as he saw the light approach him, but he recognized the voice behind the glare. One hand shielded his eyes, and the other wrapped around the package that his wife had sent with him. He could still her insisting that he get the food over there to Elric while it was still hot. How he was supposed to do that in this temperature was anyone's guess, but he knew better than to question it today of all days.

"Everythin's fine, Mister Talavar... jus' fine..." He'd never liked mages before. Damned insensible fools. Messed with things that aught not be messed with. Certainly not the type they needed in Impresk. Not the type his pappy had raised him to associate with and certainly not how he'd raised Ashara. Course that girl always did make up her own mind. Add in that this one had moved into Arturo's house and wasn't even putting it to proper sensible use... Still this was the first legitimate magic user he'd 'actually' met, and despite his initial reactions he found himself begrudgingly liking Therogeon Taldavar.

The half-elf kept to himself, and was never known to cause trouble. Perhaps that crystal tower thing in the center of town... but in his defense the mage seemed as surprised as the rest of them by it. And he was credited with getting rid of the ugly thing. And the boy had manners. You couldn't fault him for that.

"The Missus' sent me over with some dinner for the groom." he said as Therogeon lowered the light a bit. "Naturally she sent way too much, and odds are th' boy ain't gonna be hungry anyhow..." The old farmer gave a resigned sigh. "Still, she wants it sent, I send it..."

Last edited by Elric on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 Empty Gwilly

Post  TRU Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:41 pm

It was finally here. The day Gwilly had been waiting for for what seemed like an eternity! Elric and Ashara were getting married in the morning!! Finally!!

All her plans and preperations as Official Wedding Planner were finally coming together. Oh, she had dreamed of this for months now and finally her dreams were coming true. As she had planned, the lovers had decided to get married in Imprisk at the shrine to Lathander at dawn. Sure, it wasn't the spring time like the pixie had imagined, but she could do a few things about that... And joy of joy's Ashara and Elric had asked Eddick to marry them! Oh, it was soooooo much better than their crazy idea about asking some stranger from the temple of Lathander, in fact it was exactally the way Gwilly had always imagined it. Yes, things were really going according to plan!

When Gwilly had arrived back in Imprisk a few days before she was met with a very excited Arryn Rosemorn and the two of them immeadiately fell to planning the "Grandest Event" as Gwilly fondly called it.

"Roses!" she told Arryn. "There must be roses, and pink ones at that. It must look like a fairy garden!! Oh, don't you worry, I will take care of all of that! I can turn this gods forsaken hard earth into a springtime fantasy!
And there must be the best musicians for everyone will want to dance. You know who to ask, I'm sure. And the wine, oh, do I ever have what you need for the wine..."

And Gwilly went on to assure Arryn that she would procure all the best spirits and cheeses for the wedding. She was good friends with the brewer and cheesemaker after all!

All day Gwilly had been flying around town making sure everything was just right and everyone involved knew exactly what to do and when. She double and even triple checked everything! Once, she had almost caught Elric coming near the shrine and she shooed him away like an angry honet from it's nest. She would soon be testings some illisions to see what exactly she wanted to do at the site for the ceremony and she didn't want him snooping around.

Oh yes, it was going to be a beautiful day!!
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:32 am

Therogeon smiled slightly at the lack of a d in his last name. It was probably his own fault anyway, he really didn't socialize much. The elder Rosemorn couldn't be blamed for calling him Talavar instead of Taldavar.

"Please good sir, call me Therogeon." said the half-elf sketching a quick and formal bow. As he stood, he turned to walk beside the old farmer and to carefully aim the light so it shone on the path making the shadows around them seem darker. That should, hopefully, allow Elric to sneak in while he continued to distract Ebbard.

"I am quite sure the groom is hungry and will be apreciative. Judging from the condition of the house, I don't believe the poor fellow has eaten at all today." Therogeon appeared somewhat confused, "Though he has taken quite an interest in flower wreaths." Therogeon shrugged, "Oh well, sir may I help you with that?" He indicated the package Ashara's mother had sent over.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:49 pm

The old man's mouth crinkled into a knowing smile. He could try to explain to this young bachelor about the wreaths, but he'd be wasting his time. Wasn't something you could explain... had to be lived. He imagined what kind of mess young Elric had left in his wake, and wondered if it'd compared to the one he'd left scattered about all those years ago. He hadn't thought about it in quite some time, but the memories came back quite clearly. The frustration, the anxiety, the restlessness... Nope, the wizard wouldn't understand till it happened to him someday.

"Ehh, I ain't that old yet, Mister Tala.. hmm...Therogeon. I ken' still manage to carry me a pie and some Roast beef 'cross town. "How fare's the boy, anyway?"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Elric felt like he could fly. It turns out he couldn't but he still felt like it was worth a shot. After all the window wasn't that far up! As he'd leapt from the window of the Rosmorn's home, sure enough gravity took hold and brought him quickly to the ground. With a graceful roll that never seemed to come when it 'truly counted' he hit the snow and rolled up to his feet in simple move.

It was probably a foolish maneuver to pull. In hindsight the possibility for disaster and ridicule was immense. He imagined what kind of scandalous ruckus would have been caused if he'd broken his leg climbing out of Ashara's window the night before the wedding? With the house full of women at that... It would have been awkward to say the least!

But he hadn't and all was well. Arryn seemed pretty put out, and he imagined Ebbard would find out as soon as he got back... But so what? He just stopped over to thank her for her present, and that's what he did... Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of! Still he hoped he got back home before Mr. Rosemorn got there. Worst case scenario he'd miss out on that pie!

He turned and ran toward the house. If he avoided some of the roads, he knew he could make up some time. He'd probably even beat Ashara's father there. He only made it a few more steps before he felt Ashara slip into his mind and whisper some sweet words. He knew he'd never regret teaching her elvish. He knew she was self-conscious about her pronunciation, but he really loved hearing her speak it. With a quick turn back to the window, he blew her kiss, and heart pounding he ran off into the night.

Racing across the fields and yards, he knew it would be close. Apparently Mr. Rosemorn had more of a head start then he'd imagined. As he approached the house he actually saw the old man ahead on the road. He thought about calling out to him, but before he did, a bright light shown from the house, and startled him.

Therogeon?!? They were back! With no word from those in Calimport he was starting to get a little concerned. He was glad they were back. Elric saw the other half-elf walk out the house and start talking to Ebbard. From this distance and angle he didn't know what they were talking about, so he chose not to interrupt. At least not immediately! Despite the excitement of the night, he was starting to notice an unforeseen consequence for going off the path. His feet were soaked to the bone, and the chill of the winter night was starting to cut through him. Hopping over the fence, the half-elf slipped inside the house. Either they'd be coming inside soon, or he'd go out to meet them. But not until he changed into a dry pair of boots. If he showed up at the altar with a cold, he'd never forgive himself!
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:48 pm

The half-elf's stomach rumbled at the mention of the roast beef and pie. Chasing a minotaur around a destroyed city certainly worked up an appitite. He turned to Ebbard and smiled, hoping the noise from his stomach hadn't been too noticable.

"He is.....well. I actually just got back into town myself and was letting my puppy out to do his thing when I noticed you walking up. Consequentialy I've not had the oppurnity to speak with him."

Therogeon opened the door for the elder gentleman and sketched a small bow, allowing the farmer into the house first. "Elric my brother," he called out, "You've got a visitor."

Meanwhile Calim, having sastified himself outside, casually nibbled on one of the flower wreaths laying around.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:49 pm

As the door swung open they saw the groom-to-be awkwardly putting on a pair of boots. Ebbard winced as Therogeon's call distracted him and the younger half-elf lost his balance and crashed to the floor. Apparently there was no harm done, because he thought he heard Elric laughing.

"Over here..." they heard their quarry say, as he gave up on the boots and tossed them back in the pile and regained his feet. Ebbard raised his eyebrows as he got a good look at him. The boy was a mess. Half soaked and snow in his hair, he was suddenly very glad he'd been the one to deliver the food instead of his wife. If she had seen him like this it wouldn't have been pretty.

"Welcome, welcome!" he heard Elric say with unusual jubilation. "I'm glad your here! All three of you!"

"Three?" He heard himself ask. He wasn't used to seeing this side of Elric. At first he wondered if the half-elf had been drinking. The boy he knew was usually a little more withdrawn. More reserved. At least around him and Arryn. He wondered if this was something his daughter was more familiar with...

"You, Therogeon, and the pie!" Elric laughed. "Come on, I'll get the plates!"

Ebbard just stood there in shock. How had he known about the pie? No way he could have smelled it, maybe he heard him talking with Mr. Taldavar. He'd often wondered if the pointed ears let him hear better than others. Knowing Elric's discomfort on the subject he'd never have asked.

"Nah... Don't get one fer me." the old man said a little bitterly. "I'm just the delivery boy t'day." He handed the packages over to his future son-in-law and local mage, then forced a grin. "Should be plenty fer the two a' you though."

"Nonsense!" Elric insisted. "You have to be able to stay for one piece at least!"

Ebbard felt his willpower tested. It really smelled good, and Arryn didn't make pies for him all that often anymore... Then he remembered the scene in the Manticore.

Apparently even the tavern wasn't safe today from the wild wedding planners. They'd wanted more hands for something and his wife had claimed she'd looked all over the town for him. He didn't rightly believe her, where else would they have looked? Still she had made it perfectly clear he was to deliver the food and rush right back.

Ebbard smiled and shook his head. "Nahh... Thank ye' but best not. Got me an early mornin' tomorrow, and they claim we've still got miles to go... " he chuckled and headed for the door.

"G'night lads. Be seein' ya tomorrow."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Elric watched as Ashara's father headed for the door before he quickly called out to him. "Hold on one moment!" Nobody just turned down Arryn Rosemorn's pie... Turning he quickly took the pie into the kitchen and cut a generous piece out and put it on a plate. It may not have been hot in the strictest sense, but it was still warm.

Returning to the door he was pleased to see that Ebbard had waited. "If you don't have time to stay with us, then here's one for the road." The half-elf enjoyed watching the old man take the plate, with a mischievous smile on his and a twinkle in his old eyes. To Elric he looked like a little kid who was about to do something he knew he shouldn't but also knew he was going to get away with it. Elric just winked and in a low conspiratorial voice added, "Our secret!"

Ebbard gave a knowing smile, thanked him, and left into the night. The warrior watched from the door until the man was was out of sight. Turning he saw the mage just watching with amusement.

"Well then! I guess it's just us then!" Elric Indicated the kitchen table where the pie was getting cooler by the minute. Hearing a slight growl behind him, he saw Therogeon's new puppy getting tangled in one of his first wreathes. The image caused him to raise his eyebrows in amusement. Not for the first time he was thankful that the finished one, and about five failures were safely upstairs in his room.

"Should be more than enough food for the two of us. What about Kaber? Is he around? How went Calimport? How long have you been back?" Closing his eyes he took a deep breath to clear his thoughts and calm the excitement he still felt from that last kiss.

"Welcome!" he started again. "I was wondering if you two would be around tonight!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:27 am

Therogeon laughed lightly at his friends rambeling.

"Thank you, it is definitely good to be back." The half elf ran a hand through his long hair before continuing, his eyes hungrily following the food, "Kaber wanted to be dropped off in the woods. I don't know why but I know he will be there on time come dawn." He shrugged as if to say 'Minotaur's, who can figure em out.'

Sighing softly his face fell slightly, "Calimport is....rebuilding. The amount of damage done was significant as you well know. However it seems that this crisis has indeed unified the city. Everyone is out working to rebuild and clear rubble. I...well, I won't go into anymore detail than that, this is supposed to be a happy night and by Mystra I will make it a happy night."

The mage grinned, "And we have not been back long. Kaber continiously kept putting off teleporting back. I seriously do not know if he was just afraid of teleporting or what, but you should have seen him squirm when I started the spell. For such a large and imposing figure, simple magic can still make him uncomfortable." He shrugged again, "Still, he is better with it then when we first started out."

"Now, I have three questions....question the first, " the half-elf raised one finger, "Are you going to serve that food or am I going to starve to death. Question the second," a second finger went up next to the first, "What is the deal with all these flower rings that so seem to interest Calim. Final question, " a third finger joined the other two, "Were you seriously where I think you were, tonight of all nights?" The sometime herbalist and metamage grinned conspiratorily to his friend and brother.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:46 pm

Elric laughed at the hungry mage and promptly went about serving the roast beef. Even after both plates were filled, there was still plenty left over. Elric hoped the food would help settle the butterflies a bit. It had worked with the stew this morning, but the closer it got to dawn the more active they seemed. And the food smelled really good!

"Question one, Answered." The half-elf grinned. "The crowns... I can only guess they are either designed to frustrated the lucky couple all day long, or possibly to just keep them busy and out of the wedding planners way. Either way its a success!"

"The crowns are something that Ashara and I have to weave for each other for tomorrow's ceremony." Elric explained with a grimace. "It's a lot trickier than it sounds. Seems like it took me forever to get it right!"

Looking at the mage with that mischievious look in his eye Elric started to get a little fidgety. "And as for the final question... Umm... I don't really know what your talking about? You can't ask if I know what your thinking... Totally not fair... I can't read minds..."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Therogeon laughed around a bit of food. He knew he shouldn't be amused by Elric's uncomfortableness, but given the situation, it was humerous. He tossed a bit of the roast beef to Calim and watched the puppy hungrily wolf down the food.

"You know very well what I mean, but if you want to play innocent, that's fine." He picked up one of the wreaths laying at his feet and examined it. The flowers were twisted together flawlessly as far as he could see. Then again, he didn't know much about weaving or flowers beside what they could contribute to spell casting and herbalism. "How many wreaths do you need? I mean, one or two I can see, but all these?"

He grinned again as he tossed the wreath towards Elric.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 Empty Gwilly

Post  TRU Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:44 pm

The sun had set over Imprisk. It had been quite a day for the pixie. Since dawn that morning Gwilly's plate had been filled with wedding preparations. She had counted the number of cheese wheels so many times they seemed to be spinning round in her head. As for all the things she had stuffed into her portable hole for the occasion, fey wine by the gallons, sparkly trinkets in the shapes of roses and the rising sun to use for decorations as well as a few hundred drawings of the couple to use as place markers for the party after the wedding, Gwilly was finding it hard to fit much more into her storage space.

Her preliminary illusions were coming along nicely, how fun it was to play with the colors of the dawn! And the columns added just the right touch, with the ivy and all. Oh yes, things were going to be perfect! Gwilly could not wait until the next day, when all of Imprisk would join to celebrate the love between Elric and Ashara. Yes, this was one of those moments so filled with joy that made life worth living...forever! Gwilly could go to a wedding everyday! Maybe someday she would have one of her own...

All of a sudden the pixie's bowels reminded her that in all the craziness she had forgotten to eat all day. It was time to go find something to eat for dinner before starting on her final preparations for the morning. Now where should she go to find something to fill her belly with... Maybe Arryn Rosemorn had something she could eat.
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Elric caught the wreath easily and looked it over judgmentally. He remembered working on this one. He remembered them all! This one was the first time he almost got what he wanted. Still something about the way the flowers were off center when he pictured it on Ashara's head made it yet another in a long line of failures.

Now that the project was finished however, he didn't mind all the failures. They just helped him appreciate 'the one jewel in the pile of stone' as Eldorath would have said. Thinking of Windwalker made him a bit wistful. He wished he'd had some way to contact his old mentor. He would have loved to introduce him to Ashara properly. Hopefully someday.

"Well... I suppose SOME people could make do with one or two..." the younger half-elf grinned. "But not me... I needed Eleven!"

Trying to keep a serious look on his face Elric put down the wreath next to his plate. With a hint of indignation he asked. "And what do you mean 'play innocent'?" The glint in his eyes betrayed the offense he tried to wear on his face. "I was only there for five minutes or so to thank her for an amazing gift, and everyone acts like I should feel guilty or something!"

"Well, it won't work Sir! I am confident in my innocence and refuse to feel guilty for a quick 'thank you' visit! In fact... NOT going over there would have been... rude! I'd hate to be thought of as rude..."

Suddenly he had an image of Ashara's mother standing there with 'that look' again. He couldn't help himself any longer and just started laughing again. He wondered if he should be worried, these random emotional outbursts were becoming much more frequent lately!
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 2 Empty Re: 14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum