The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377

4 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:55 pm

"I think at one time or another, they all wore your face..." he unconsciously rubbed his shoulder where the katar pierced him.

He could see the mention of her parents had upset her. Part of him was glad to see her shudder. It meant he didn't have to speak his fears out loud. Elric wasn't a suspicious person by nature and he marveled at the horrid creatures that had attacked tonight. Even as they failed their mission, they had still done damage. Trust was hard to regain, and he couldn't help but know that he'd have a hard time seeing anyone for some time and not wonder if they were truly who they appeared...

Something was nagging at the back of his mind since Ashara had theorized that Marstine was dead. Finally he gave the fear voice.

"They were trying to take me back to Kendra Starbright's place. At least they said they were..." He hated this much duplicity. He didn't know what to believe and what not to! "If 'fake' Marstine's been living there... that's where we should look first."

Quietly he added, "If they wanted to ambush me there... They... Well, They didn't act like they were afraid Kendra would be interrupting..."

In light of their holy symbols, he realized just how tired Ashara looked. It had been a long night, both physically and emotionally... and he could see it was taking it's toll. On all of them! Looking down at yet another ruined bloodstained shirt he wondered with half a grin how bad he must look right now.

As she stared off toward the druid and his tree, he came near and let her lean on him. "How are you?" he asked voice filled with concern.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Eddick

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:27 pm

That should be enough. Eddick smiled. It was time to end her suffering. "Thank you for your honesty. For that I will give you a gift. When I call for you, you will come to me. In the meantime, give my regards to Kelemvor."

He began his spell, weaving the power of the natural world to call forth insects. Thousands of insects came in response to his call, and gathered in front of him. With a final phrase that he uttered, "All flesh returns to the earth", they began feasting, eating all flesh either living or dead. Within a minute the assassin was reduced to bones.

Eddick dismissed the insects he had called before they did any damage to the tree, and inspected the bones. There were a few items on her, which he collected, disentangeling them from the roots. These may be important for additional scrying as needed, he reasoned. When he came upon a dragonbone ring that looked familiar, he thought to himself that there might be things here that needed returning.

After he had finished, he stood up and walked over toward where the rest of them were. He spoke up as he got closer. "That's enough dilly-dally. I thought I sent you to bed. Don't make me go get some fish..." he said, with a wink at Ashara.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:12 pm

"I'm afraid, Melamin..." She whispered into the half dragon's bloody shoulder as she wrapped her arm around his waist.

"I'm afraid for our family! For all of our families and friends... Marstine... That monster," Ashara's eyes shifted to the corpse of the doppelganger, "Elric, she could have taken the children at any time! Ms. Starbright... Tarpin! How many will have to suffer because of the enemies we have made?"

The priestess had no tears left. Shock and exhaustion had stolen them all. She leaned on her husband both physically and figuratively as she knew she always could, but this night could have gone quite another way...

"Do you think we'll ever be truly safe?" Ashara asked quietly. "What about our children? Will they be haunted all of their lives by the shadows we have cast?"

She sighed and slumped a bit more as she felt the burden on her shoulders double in weight.

"We have to make our family safe, Elric. As safe as they can be that is... I just... I don't know if it's even possible..."

"That's enough dilly-dally. I thought I sent you to bed. Don't make me go get some fish..."

Ashara turned to see her friend sauntering over in a rather pleasant mood, and she couldn't help but smile at his perpetually relaxed nature.

"Yes, Eddick, you're right. We'll all feel much better at Dawn! No fish necessary this time," she shuddered, "I have a couple of spells prepared that should allow us a good night's rest and still wake in time for the sunrise."

"Still," she said looking from the druid to Elric, "I feel like there are many things to be done, and I don't know if they can wait until morning..."
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Re: Impresk - Alturiak, 1377

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:26 pm

"Yes, Eddick, you're right. We'll all feel much better at Dawn! No fish necessary this time," she shuddered, "I have a couple of spells prepared that should allow us a good night's rest and still wake in time for the sunrise."

"Still," she said looking from the druid to Elric, "I feel like there are many things to be done, and I don't know if they can wait until morning..."
“Bed, bed, BED!” said the druid, with a touch of annoyance. “You may be a Sunrise Lord or whatever now, but you still need to mind your elders.”

Eddick tapped his foot a little as he waited for another protest which was coming. He intercepted it with an exclamation of surprise. “Oh! That’s it! You can’t get to sleep without your ring!” He dug through his bag and produced it for her. “I had forgotten how sentimental girls can be. It’s a good thing too, or we men would forget all the important things. Crisis solved, off to bed.”

He paused for a slightly shorter period of time as she began to protest again. “If your disciples can’t be without your guidance for the whole duration of a bath followed by a nap, then we can work on your training procedures… TOMORROW.” He said with an air of finality.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Elric pondered her questions. Would they ever be safe? He didn't have an answer to that. Not one she wanted to hear anyway. Lathander himself had set them on the path to foil Xvim and Shar. At any time they could have turned away. They could have lived quiet peaceful lives and never thought of adventure again. But then they wouldn't have been them. Neither of them would have had that spark. Whether through choice or destiny, the path had been set. They simply had to deal with the consequences. They were the Champions of the Red Dawn.

As if on cue Eddick came forward and presented Ashara with the ring he'd had carved all those years ago. Almost on whim really. They had defeated (and throat-punched) their first dragon, back when dragons were the benchmark of a true adventuring group. He had simply wanted to commemorate that achievement. He had done so much more.

In his eyes the rings were a reminder. Who they were, what they've done. Only six people in faerun had rings like that. Together they could do the impossible. In the excitement he hadn't noticed that Ashara's had been taken. He was filled with joy that she hadn't lost it for good.

"Excellent timing as always Eddick..." The fighter exclaimed. Between the debate and the unconsciousness, he hadn't had a chance to greet his old friend yet. "I'm being told you may have saved more than just the day this time..." He indicated his shoulder with a look of gratitude.

"Very well..." Elric laughed at the druids impatience. "Our elder has a point... I doubt there'll be any sleep... but I do want to get back inside with the kids..."

He sighed wearily. "If your so intent on overseeing everything tonight... Please send a couple to Kendra's house... I... I don't have a good feeling about it, but I could be wrong... Both about Kendra and Marstine." He hoped he was wrong, but he knew he wasn't. He liked the helpful young girl who was so often around, and he knew there were quite a few of his students, Bramin especially, who were going to be heartbroken at the thought she wasn't coming around anymore. It seemed they tried just a little harder, when they thought she was watching.

"I can't think of anything else that won't hold till morning." Perhaps... Tarpin, he believed he was called... He'd prefer if Ashara would wait till she was rested for that spell, but somehow he doubted she would.

Last edited by Elric on Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:27 am

"Alright..." She caved, throwing her hands up in the air. "We can sleep now, and we'll worry about tomorrow, tomorrow."

Ashara was pleased to see a familiar glint of silver in the druid's bag after she slid the dragonbone ring back into its proper position. She reached in to fish out her onyx pendant that Elric had given her as a wedding gift.

"It's true Eddick, I do have my sentimental moments, but these simple objects have fond memories attached to them and memories are important to me!" She shot Elric a half smile at the statement.

It hit her then as she looked up at him, covered in blood, while her own dress and hair were saturated as well, that this was far from the first time they'd seen each other this way. In fact it almost didn't even seem out of place! Judging by the little bit of information they'd garnered, it probably wouldn't be the last time either...

Someone was seeking to destroy them, and yes, it frightened her. Not for herself, not even for Elric, as they'd chosen this road long ago. She was concerned for their children. Arturo, Romen, Me'awen...they deserved to choose their own path, and Ashara hoped that they would get that chance to choose without being swept up in the tide of CoRD's enemies.

Her blinks were growing longer and she knew that she really had no more energy left to give this day. They'd all been through too much...

"Perhaps Tarpin could wait just a few hours longer... If I Raise him tonight then he'll be scared and confused and I'll need to heal him and be with him for a time. I'll be able to give him some time in the morning and then your students," she said nodding to Therogeon, "could take him to the tower afterwards, so he can be among his good friends. He'll need that."

Ashara guessed also that if she chose to cast the spell tonight, that she'd end up having to be carried to bed... In truth, she wasn't quite sure how she was even standing upright at the moment!

"Let's all meet at the house tomorrow morning to discuss...matters, if that's okay with you all?"
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:51 am

"The tower is all well and good aisler', except I do believe he can wait as long as necessary."

The elven wizard sighed, "One of the first lessons I learned when assuming command of the Veil was that all decisions come with a price. This is one I wish I could have paid in his place, but I know by my faith that he is not suffering at the moment. He will wait until we, and by that I mean -you-, are rested and healed. Not just physically but emotionally and mentally as well."

He placed a hand lightly on Ashara's shoulder, "I plan on arguing with you until one of us is blue in the face about you going as well. I agree with Elric, there is no one else I'd rather have beside me in times of trouble, but the fact remains that powerfull magic, whether divine or arcane, can have ramifications on an unborn child within you. Tonight was unavoidable...and for that I am sorry." The wizard seemed truely crestfallen about tonights activities, "But I told you earlier tonight, I will do everything in my power to protect you and your children. Both born and unborn."

He looked over at Almara and as usual, the sight of the young half-elf made stars dance in Therogeon's eyes. Even with all the danger and trouble tonight she still looked beautiful. Though for some reason she also looked guilty. He hoped she wasn't blaming herself for Tarpin. He would talk with her once everyone was back at the tower.

Therogeon turned toward Eddick, "For now, I agree with our esteemed elder," his grin showed he was mostly teasing, "For now to bed, everyone!"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Impresk - Alturiak, 1377 - Page 7 Empty Re: Impresk - Alturiak, 1377

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7