Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 38 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:43 am
Latest topics
» A Journal Bearing the Adventures of Pathfinders
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:25 pm by Colin Marcus

» For What It's Worth (Adanedhel's Story)
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Mother Knows Best
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» Draxthious' Father
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» 3rd Watch, In Which Drax and Elle Have Feelings
Mon May 29, 2017 2:58 pm by TRU

» Letters from Derrack
Sat May 13, 2017 3:47 pm by TRU

» The "Bored at work" thread
Sun May 07, 2017 3:42 pm by TRU

» Post Mortem Discourse
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm by Colin Marcus

» Dulgar Foamblower
Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 am by Colin Marcus

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Torin Dourguard

Post  Colin Marcus on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:02 am

As the private conversation grew into a group meeting, the dwarf found himself slipping back into his traditional silent role. Watching, analyzing, trying to figure these people out. The Lady Darya seemed the easiest. She was extremely straight forward and seemed to have a similar moral mindset to himself. Also she seemed to have as little experience with the 'outside world' as he did. That was comforting in its own kind of way.

The others still needed more studying. Jace seemed to be new to this life as well and was learning as he went. The others all had some history... most of which they weren't interested in sharing. The elf most of all. He seemed to know the most about the world... or it could be the elven arrogance that he'd heard so much about. Hard to tell... Nas didn't fit his typical expectation of a lazy, frivolous elf...

Strange group of people and an diverse slice of personalities that he'd been sent to learn about. They'd been thrown together by either blind chance or the will of the gods. Either way he could do worse than continue traveling with them.

He listened as the 'Paladin' (another word he wasn't familiar with) formally introduced herself. It was a grand gesture and probably needed for the diverse group to get along efficiently. Still he was leery about revealing too much about himself.

As the silence became deafening, Torin finally made a decision. The woman went out on a limb there, and he wasn't gonna leave her there alone.

"Name's Torin of the Dourguard Clan. Priest amongst my people... ain't really got no secrets that's anyones business... Rest is fairly obvious, I suppose... Ain't been out here long... Most of me skills are in the healing arts and makin' fine boots. Not necessarily in that order."
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nas Ath'quehel

Post  xarhelm on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:54 am

My name is Nasolryl Ath’quehel. You can just call me Nas.
I cannot tell you everything about me. In fact I can tell you perhaps only half of what I am and what I do. That is for your protection. First and foremost I am a ranger but as some of you may have noticed my skills do not wain when I reach town. I posses skills most rangers do not. One of which is the ability to track even in the middle of town. I also am well acquainted with the shadows and darkness both in the wilds and in the midst of town. I employ a subtle and planned approach and prefer not to draw attention to myself. I will however assure you I am no thief. That is all I can say about that side of me at this time as I said for your safety. I shall now speak of my other profession but before I do I must tell you of me.
At this Nas takes a deep breath noticeably struggling with the tale that follows.
My name means “Ancient history hunter of forgotten sadness” it is one I chose myself as I no longer have a family house to call my own.
When I was but a young though older than my human companions are now I went with my family to an ancient elven hunting camp. I was being trained as a hunter and the camp was well known and had been used by the elves for centuries. It was late at night and I had left camp because I could not sleep. I have never slept well even by elvish standards. This night I decided a walk would bring me rest.

I had not gone far when I heard the first cries of battle and screams of pain. I ran back to the camp to help fearing animals had raided the camp looking for food or worse Orcs. I returned to see what looked like bandits but they fought like animals biting and clawing my kin. I did not understand why most of the camps well made weapons did nothing against these strange bandits. I hid in the shadows as my entire family even my sister were slaughtered. I remained hidden as these things drank the blood from the dead and watched in horror as my mother, sister, 2 cousins and several others who i knew well rose from the ground and joined with the bandits. I was enraged how could they join them after what they did. I stayed hidden until just before dawn and then emerged from the shadows to confront these traitors. I was spotted by my mother and one of my cousins who rushed after me with beast like fangs bared. I ran in fear and somewhere in that time the sun arose and I watched as a cousin and my own mother were completely destroyed before my eyes by the rising sun. This Lady Darya is why I do not share your exuberance for the dawn for me it is a time of great sadness.

At the time I did not understand what I had seen and the elves of my homeland did not wish to speak of it even to the orphaned survivor of the incident. It was not until I left and began new types of training in the human lands that I learned what I had seen. Vampires. I discussed this with one of my human instructors and it was he who sent my back to the elves although it was the wood elves not the gold elves where I had come from to complete my transition to elven adulthood. I learned to become an Undead Hunter. During my training there I learned of ancient history and languages. I also learned that the undead had a long mark on my family history as my great grandparents had become lost inside the lost city of Myth Drannor. They are wraiths! I swore someday to release all of my family from their fates and so I shall. I despise all undead and have been trained to destroy them I am well versed in their habits signs and dangers. I am especially well versed in both vampire and wraith lore for obvious reasons as these are my most hated undead. It is for this reason I must apologize in advance to those of you with strong moral codes as I am unable to accept any undead irregardless of their actions and will do my all to see them destroyed even if it means my own life.
I hope this info helps to explain why I do not sleep much at night and also some of my more peculiar traits. Some of you may have noticed that I have not partaken in any of the feasting whenever we have killed an animal. After seeing what I have seen done to my family the eating of flesh turns my stomach.
I spent 70 years amongst my own people another 10 learning from human trainers then 40 with my wood elf kin and finally a 5 year stint with the half lings in their own lands before joining you. So while I have seen and experienced more than most of you in my 123 years and hopefully there is a great deal I have seen you will not. With that said I am still no older to my people than most of you are to yours.

Now if you will permit me I have spoke more tonight than I have in many years. These memories I have not replayed in full for longer still. I have enjoyed my time with all of you and hope to continue on this path. I have not had comrades in a very long time and the change is nice.

Flashing Darya a wry and mischievous smile he hoped would indicate to her that he had in fact taken no offense at her earlier comments but still intended to harass her about it as a good joke between them he said.

I will now put my pointed ears to their proper use now and listen as I always do.

Nas then pulled his hat low and pulled up the hood of his cloak over all of it so that even those with infra-vision could not see the tears developing in his eyes. He had underestimated the weight his memories had been and how much of a release from that burden discussing them would be. It was in the hands of his companions now they would either push him away as his own people did or accept him.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Jayashree Anjuli

Post  WoTmaster on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Jaya knew then why Nas had seemed somehow familiar to her. Though the halfling had never met him before, she had heard of him living in the region. So that is what he meant when he said that she "knew what he was". If she was correct he was indeed just as much a danger to them all as she herself was. Not that she, nor he she suspected, would ever intentionally harm any of the others... it was just a consequence of who they were.

She stepped forward again and cleared her throat before speaking up."My name is Jayashree "Nimble Shadow" Anjuli. As I have said there are some things that I may not speak of, for shame and safety. I hale from Lurien, the homeland of the Halflings. For the very reasons I cannot speak of, I have left my home. I can say that I am seeking redemption for a wrong I have done in the past.

"I wish to continue with the group to try and right the wrong or evil doings that are afflicting the area and hopefully bring Jennilith home safely. I have considerable training and will use it in service of our purposes only to defend our lives, or the lives of those we are trying to save or protect. My master gave me the nickname "Nimble Shadow" due to my ease of blending in with them.

"It is truly good to meet you all formally, and I also am enjoying having companions again. I have been alone for quite awhile now, so please forgive any slights that you may perceive that I have made. I assure you they were not intentional. I fear that I am out of practice in what is polite social behavior." With that the halfling blushed.

"My practice is, like Nas, more slow and well thought out. But, I am willing to learn and to adapt. I fear tho, I will have to work on speaking up. I also am more comfortable to remain quietly in the shadows." With her final words the halfling gave a slight bow and receded back toward the said shadows.
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Jace Arclight

Post  Magyc on Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:54 pm

Jace realized this was a far more storied group than he had thought, and realized how inexperienced he was compared to some of them. He supposed it was best to acknowledge what everyone apparently knew.

"I am Jace Arclight. I have recently completed my studies and my headmaster requires all graduates to go forth and continue their learning with little to no further support from him, in order to teach self sufficiency. My parents are innkeepers, and normally I would never have had a chance learn the arcane arts. However, this school actively searches for promising students who might otherwise be overlooked, so that those without "noble blood" or wealth can undertake such scholarship."

Jace looks over to Darya: "I did note that you are of noble blood. I do tend to consider nobles and others with inherited or unearned advantages as parasites that feed off the toil of the commoners. I do know that there are exceptions to this rule and there are just and honorable nobles, and I recognize you as one of the latter. I find it both rare and laudable that one of noble blood would so completely commit themselves to a path in the service of others, and that is the reason that I initially approached you."

He resumes addressing the group: "My specialty is in elemental spells, particularly those of water. Even though I do not worship water, I understood the goblin shaman when he spoke about his appreciation and devotion to it, and felt pity when we took the gift he felt his goddess had bestowed on him. I find elemental magic to be powerful and pure, and dislike magic from the schools of necromancy and illusion...I find them be distasteful and boring, respectively."

"As several of you have noted, I have very little experience with combat. I have tried to aid the group as best I could during several fights. I know that a few times my choices may have hurt us as much as helped; I am not prideful and would gratefully accept suggestions on what or what not to do when combat occurs. As you have seen, I have a distaste for causing harm to sentient beings, I prefer incapacitating rather than injury, but I have the knowledge to do either."

"I feel I have been very fortunate to become associated with individuals of such high character, and I have noticed the manner in which almost all of you have at one point stepped forward to interpose yourselves between myself and a hostile foe. I greatly appreciate this and as I improve my craft, I hope to be able to do the same for all of you in other ways."

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Magyc

Back to top Go down

Riffington Alexander Shmigltypop von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome on Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:28 pm

"Okay...so lets see here...since everyone is having fuzzy, fuzzy sharing time I may as well tell you all about myself. Oh wait...I ALREADY DID! Oh, and by the by, if you didn't ever know much about me, juuuuust maybe you should have ASKED OR TALKED TO ME!!!"

A mask of apoplectic rage began to smear itself across Riff's face that hithertofore was unhinted at in his personality.

"Just so you ALL know, first and foremost, I've been up front with ALL of you since day one. Most of you doubtless think I'm either dumb as a fencepost, or crazy as a half-starved weasel thanks to the whole round of stereotypes that my profession gives off, but I think I'm gonna safely say right now that you ALL can go stuff them up whatever oriface you damn well please. No. Wait. Go stuff them up whatever oriface you'd LEAST like them stuffed into."

Riff had, in all honesty had enough. Only one person out of this entire group had hardly even bothered to say a string of sentences towards Riff that wasn't a 'matter of fact' statement of things that was right before them, then had begun to presume that he didn't know what he was doing whenever he did ANYTHING. It was high time to set some people straight, and it was probably going to involve a suprising amount of shouting.

"I haven't told you people on single damn lie yet about myself, and suddenly I'm finding out that most of you are covering yourselfs up from one thing or another. Huh. Amazing. A-May-ZING! I'll also have you know I've pretty much heard the whole round of things you people have been saying about me...you can thank stage training and actually listening to an audience for THAT little gift. So thanks for the nice words. THANKS for giving me benifit of the doubt. THANKS for thinking I had a thought other than immediate gain and dooming an entire population by being an IDIOT! Oh...no wait. Sorry...I mispoke. Whats the word people use for people like me? Oh yeah. Fool.

Riff spoke the word through gritted teeth. He hated that word. Hated it like a vampire hated daylight. He had known too many brilliant people whom had had that word plastered over their words and deeds. He had almost killed a member of a lesser noble court in Chessenta when he was getting started out on his own due to him using that title to describe Riff once too many.

"You want to know why I was going to push the gobbos north? Go on. Guess! I SAID GUESS GODS DAMMIT!!!!! Fine...I"ll tell you. HOw many of you have ACTUALLY spent any extended amount of time with a druid. HUH? ANY OF YOU? Let me tell you something. I have. I lived with one whom was ignored and distained until he decided to act as a bard to get by. I knew him, I knew his abilities, and I knew his friends from other druidic groves. I also know from experience, that despite what you think, 9.673 times out of 10, it's only a matter of time before gobs go bad. REAL bad. They weren't hurting people here, sure. But it was gonna happen. Eventually they'd run out of stock to steal off with. Or they'd realize that there was better food inside the stick walls of some villages we've been around. You said it Nas...all they needed to do was to get organized, and they'd have had us. And just how many fighters do you happen to see around this area? I sent them north to die, thats right. Because any good druid who knows their turf can find a way to deal with a small pile of gobs without as much trouble as you're making out for."

Riff remembered back to the times back in Getafic's grove he still called home. He remebered back to the times when he and Getafic were visited by another druid friend of Getafic's named Kongai. He remembered the sharing of skills that they allowed each other to know, as well as the sheer level of power they each held by the gifts of the land itself. Each man was fully capable of defending his own part of the lands, and he expected little else from the woman druid north. She was clearly disiplined in the arts, and knew how to protect the lands. He knew this as more fact than anything else he saw before him now.

Thinking the thoughts of his training with Getafic cooled his temper slightly, and restored a more rational and calm timbre to his voice. But the level of sheer frustration and anger still remained roiling just below the surface waiting for the inevitable prodding that one or another of this group would inevitably give it.

"I'll tell you this right now...we've been together on this mess of a time for what now, it's getting around to being close to a month or so, right? So I'm going to tell you something my father told me a LONG time ago. He told me, 'Son, if you're trying to make a new batch of brews, you always give it at least three months. First month to get an idea how it's going to come together, second month to see if you can't make it actually drinkable, and third month to actually taste it and figure out if it needs more time, or if you just throw it out.' is what he said to me. The first month is almost over, and I'm already thinking I may need to throw out this batch already."

Riff turned his back to the group, and put out a closing word to them.

"Oh, and just so it's noted, don't expect me to simply lay here and take your verbal whippings just because I'm supposed to be a fool. I'm not a fool. I'm a gods damned comedian."

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Torin of the Dwarves

Post  Colin Marcus on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:34 pm

The bard's outburst caught the dwarf by surprise. Coming from a Barakor that MEANT something... As he watched the furious human walk away he tried to analyze the conversation so far. Hard to believe that what had started as a quiet word with Lady Darya had turned into this mess.

He looked over at the Paladin with shocked confusion on his face. "I don't remember 'nyone bein' called a fool tonight... Well.... 'cept fer yerself! But ye were the one doin' the callin.'"
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lady Darya

Post  Wynnsaren on Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 pm

"You're right, Torin. No one has been called a fool, nor has there been any 'verbal whipping' directed at you, Riffington."

The bard's rage rolled over her like a wave of oppresive heat, but this time she had been expecting it. Waiting for it.

"I believe the idea to send the goblins to the hills north of the Eel Hold was a wonderful idea! Shiraz, whom I thought Sir Garyld told us was a ranger, would be able to keep an eye on them to ensure they stay out of trouble. The reason I interrupted was because what you were telling them they should do was not only deceptive, but potentially harmful to both the area, and possibly Milbourne itself."

The paladin paused wondering if he was even listening, but decided to press on anyway.

"No one here has called you any names, let alone fool, and I'm quite sure that no one is even remotely upset with you even though some disagreed on the approach that was taken."

Honestly she was a little confused by Riffington's hostility toward the group as a whole. She had assumed that he would be upset with her since she'd interrupted him while he spoke with the goblins, but now she wondered if it was his pride that had been hurt. All of the 'verbal whippings' over the last few days, including those by Riffington himself, had been directed at her alone, so the paladin wasn't sure what exactly what the bard was referring to.

"As was stated a few moments ago, we are starting over. It was not asked that you share your life story, but simply something you feel is important about yourself. Your time living with your druid friend for instance, would have been appropriate, since I'm not sure by your outburst that anyone had heard that particular story yet. It was also asked that perhaps you could share any specific skills that could be useful in combat or along the road. We know of your skill with the quarterstaff, indeed you've proven quite adept at it!"

"Speaking for myself, and I think the others as well, we'd like you to continue on these missions with us."

The woman laid her hands coolly on her knees.

"Are there any else you'd like to add, Riffington? Does anyone else have anything they wish to add?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Awesome on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:45 pm

Riff groaned at the fact that someone who was supposed to be so educated could miss a point so broadly stated.

"Look Dar-Dar, and yes I'm gonna start calling you that for the time being, my point in all this, is that painfully FEW of you bothered to actually get to know anyone in a PERSONAL sense in the midst of this little loose knit group of ours at all. Sure, there are details people are always gonna omit from their personal history. Fine. However, no one is willing to even talk to anyone about anything beyond what is happening immediately! I'm open. I'm SIMPLE. Just actually approach me and ASK your questions, or gods help us all....start an actual conversation. Thus far only Torin is the only one amongst you to really even chat with me at all, and it's not as if I'm hard to miss when we're in a town. You all know where I'll be during the evenings. I'm in the nearest pub having fun, relaxing, talking, or barring that, I'm working there. People shouldn't HAVE to feel obligated to spill everything in one big lump. I don't know how it worked in your cloistered world, but out here, you have to approach people and put aside pretensions if you want to get to know people."

An amusing thought gripped Riff, and he started to laugh a bit despite his currently bristly demeanor.

"Oh man.....heck, lemme rephrase that. Oh man, AND oh woman. I just had a fun idea, but here we don't have anything to do shots with. Back when I was still living in Sembia with the family, we had a fun little game we used to play. You each start with a shot of something potent to drink, and you go around the table and say something you never did in your life, then if anyone else at the table HAS done that thing you never did, they have to take a drink of what they have before them. Heheh...fun times. Besides, you get to know about people tangentially while sharing about yourself at the same time. Not to mention it's funny sometimes. Yeahhhhh...if we ever get around to that Dar-Dar, you can drink milk shots or something."

The image of Darya doing shots of milk around himself doing shots of his uncle's lightning spirits, Torin drinking a few extra mugs of dwarven ale, Carlos in typically stunned silence in the back behind Jaya while she sipped a wine of some kind, and Nas....well Nas drank whatever Nas would drink, and Jase got drunker than a young mage probably should. The thought was entirely too much visualizing that scene and he burst forth with a wild laugh that shook off his prior mood completely.

"Ohhhh yeah. We GOTTA make this happen. C'mon...it'll be a fun thing to do. We need to actually have fun eventually to really come together. A group forged without a sense of fun or enjoyment is just always going to be people you work with...never friends. I think thats what you're going after in this case, right Dar-Dar?"

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Lady Darya

Post  Wynnsaren on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 pm

The paladin took in a long breath and blew it out slowly.

She met the bard's eyes with a steely gaze. "You may call me Lady Darya, and this will be the only time I will respond to anything other than my own name. I'll forgive the slight since I've never before needed to state otherwise, sir."

"I think Riffington has a great idea," she said, her countenance lightening as she nodded to the bard and addressed the rest of the group, "we definitely do need to take the opportunity to have some fun! Tauster won't be done with the Identify until tomorrow evening around 8 pm, so it seems we'll have the day to enjoy ourselves in the village. I realize the Hound and Tails may leave something to be desired, but I believe we can manage some camaraderie in any atmosphere if we are dedicated to it!"

"Oh, and for the record," she added, "I do drink... Just not after 10 am..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Awesome on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 pm

"Wait...hang on...so you won't RESPOND to anything but 'Lady Darya', but I can still call you Darya or the dreaded...well other name, annnnnnd you prolly WONT kill me. Just you wont' respond to it. HA-HAAAAA!! LOOPHOLE! So anyways, you do drink, just not before 10 in the morning...welllll...technically speaking then, doesn't that mean you only have exactly one minute of the day where you CAN drink? Because, I mean, by all standards, every point in time is TECHNICALLY before 10 in the morning...I mean, stop me if I'm wrong."

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Lady Darya

Post  Wynnsaren on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 pm

The Lady couldn't help but laugh at that point.

"No, you're right, I won't kill you, though I may have to challenge you to a duel!" She winked at him then, indicating that she was 'mostly' joking. "Still, I'd appreciate the courtesy of using my full name until such a time as we're well acquainted enough to simply address me as 'Darya'. I think your idea of sharing some drink and stories will go a long way in that direction!"

"And yes, it is true from that standpoint that every moment could be technically before SOME 10 am hour, but you see, I do have a habit of waking early and I like to have my wits about me in the morning," she smiled and chuckled remembering waking Riffington after some late nights at the tavern.

"SO, if we are to 'do shots' tomorrow as you suggest, I may join you in shots of water. I'm leery of the milk... I'm guessing it may be sheep's milk, and we have been warned to stay away from the mutton!" The paladin shuddered visibly at the thought of bad sheep's milk...

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Awesome on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:55 pm

"Awwwww...TOMMORROW?? Mannn... Okay fine. Tomorrow then. But I insist you have a drink of at least ONE glass of something thats not water, then you can switch over. I'll even buy it. If the family business ever taught me one thing, it's how to have a discerning booze palate, so I'll even make sure it's not gonna be awful. What do you prefer? Beers? Wines? Or something that'll punch you clear out of your armor? C'mon Torin, we MAY have some investigative work to do for the gal before the night wears out completely..."

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Lady Darya

Post  Wynnsaren on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:06 pm

And just like that all of his rage was forgotten! Riffington certainly was a man of extremes, as changing as the seas in the early fall. It would take some getting used to, but she liked to think she was up to the challenge!

"I will defer to your astute judge of beverages, Sir. I'm quite sure I can handle one shot of just about anything!" She grinned the challenge at him as he rose to his feet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Awesome on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:11 pm

"Madam...do NOT tempt the blatantly mercurial and easily distracted person with a challenge like that. I'll go out of my way to find some Cormyrian Absinthe for you if you keep saying things like that."

Riff still relished the idea of this new game however. Hopefully he could find a few good rousing games of 'Get the paladin to be a one-drink drunk' to play once in a while.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Torin Dourguard

Post  Colin Marcus on Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Torin just watched the whole exchanged with incredible confusion. While his hands weren't techniquely ON his weapons... He was prepared to grab them if necessary. He'd rarely heard such anger and rage spoken amongst comrades, however loose the term was to be used... and when he had it ended with spilt blood. Dwarves don't take insults lightly, and if Riff had mocked one of his kinsman... even Tobar, with such disrespect to his name (a VERY important thing to a dwarf), it would have ended very differently.

As it was, the situation had completly resolved itself... without any fighting. In fact the group seemed stronger for it. He hadn't seen moods shift this fast since he'd seen the battleragers work... Maybe there was something to the old dwarven proverb. "You can't make a good blade unless you get it REAL hot, then Beat the impurity out of it. What's left is stronger then what went in. Same with people, though some you need to beat harder than others."

Common refrence to the forgers, but as his family made shoes he had little experience with the practice. Still it was something to see. As he watched the Lady Darya, Riffington, and the others cooling down to a stronger weapon, he couldn't help but wonder to himself...

Is that Normal?
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Alturiak the 28th, First Watch

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top