The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin.

+3
xarhelm
Wynnsaren
Mr. Awesome
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin.

Post  Mr. Awesome Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Riff pulled up his chair to the table in the pub, disheveled though it was, and took a slow hard gaze around to all the individuals arrayed about him.

"Okay, so here's the deal. If you're going to be sitting at this table, you're playing the game. We all order our individual drinks at the same time, and don't touch them until we start to play. If you get slightly destroyed by drink, you have to sit out until you sober up."

No smiles crossed his face as Riff listed the rules of the game to his companions at the table who deigned to show for this auspicious occasion. He approached the act of readying this game with all the serious air of a royal banker making sure his books were in order only ten minutes before a major audit.

"One individual starts the game by saying one thing that they have never done in their life at all. If any of the assembled players HAVE done what the speaking player mentioned they have to take a drink of their beverage before them. After the speaking player finishes we move to the next speaker, over to the right of the original speaker, and keep moving around the table that way."

Riff cracked a wry smile off to the side of his face.

"This is gonna be brilliant. Okay, time to order up. I'm going to call over Cinder, who wants what?"
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Lady Darya

Post  Wynnsaren Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:44 pm

"An ale should suffice for me, unless you believe I should try something stronger, my friend," the paladin laughed, grinning mischievously at Riffington. "After that first drink is gone, I'm switching to water I'm afraid. Far too late for any heavy drinking!"

Darya wasn't exactly sure how this game was going to go, as she realized that her companions had collectively experienced many, MANY more things than she had, so it was probably best that she was keeping it to one drink. Otherwise it could get ugly... The game was serving a noble purpose, and she knew that they would be a more cohesive unit once this night was through. As long as no drunken punches were thrown... Yep, best to remain sober if she could.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Riffington Alexander gameywaemy funfun von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:55 pm

"No...no chicanery from me. At least not yet. If you want the one standard ale you got it."

Riff made sure to note that if he was going to start the games again, he was going to have to definately make an earlier start of it. Maybe around 7-ish or so. Yeah...7 is good. Just starting to get all night-ish outside, and comfy. Definately a good time frame.

Also, Darya was sure grinning alot lately. Riff wasn't quite sure yet if it was cute, adorable, or kinda spooky to him yet.
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Nas Ath'quehel

Post  xarhelm Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

In the spirit of fair play I shall have a glass of fey wine. I am willing to wager however that this tavern lacks such a refined drink that i brought my own bottle. I am only willing to have a single glass of this then I too will switch to a lighter drink like the standard bar ale they serve here.

Nas laughed slightlly he had seen similar games played when he lived amongst the humans. He had always understood that there was an unwritten rule that these types of games were never to be played with Elves or Dwarves. Riff was going to play willingly with one of each. He just hope Riff doesn't try to keep pace forhis own heads sake.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Jace Arclight

Post  Magyc Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:35 am

"Uh, I'll have the ale as well." Jace was not unfamiliar with the effects of spirits, having been the son of an innkeeper....but it had been awhile since any noteable indulgence.....quite a long while. Given that he had spent the last eight years (almost half his life) primarily reading, he doubted that would be much of an issue.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Magyc
Magyc

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Jayashree Anjuli

Post  WoTmaster Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm

Jaya was excited about this game. It had been a very long time indeed since she had had any fun!

"I'll take an ale as well." she piped up as she took a seat at the table. She knew she would have to be honest with her new companions for this to be truly the benefit she hoped it would be for the group. She was a little afraid tho of what some of them might "never" have done! She hoped nothing too bad would be revealed... she hoped that they would all still like her in the morning.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Riffington Alexander Hoohaaa Whatsamadigger von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:03 pm

"GHYAHGHH! When did you get here?!?!"

Riff's sheer volume of shock and suprise at the halfling's stealth, both intentional and unintentional, kept getting the better of him. This time making him actually fall out of his chair far too early in the evening for his comfort.

"I swear, I'm going to make you a pair of taps to wear on your feet when we're in town so you don't spook me like that. Okay, so I say the games are officially on right now. Anyone who's not here has to start pulling double drinks until they catch up to us at this point."

Waving over Cinder, Riff ordered up for everyone at the table in the form and type of drink each requested. Arriving to the table, all the drinks were distributed with a flourish and a grin by Riff.

"All right, I'm starting us off, and remember, this is for FUN. None of this stuff about soul searing traumas from our past gets brought into this all right? So...I never flirted with someone who wasn't into me at all."
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  xarhelm Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:41 pm

As an elf who has spent the majority of his adult life amongst humans and halflings Nas sits back in his chair further.

xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Torin Dourguard

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:47 pm

The dwarf sat down at the table with his ale and looked around at his comrades. He chuckled at that first statement.

"First... You NEVER flirted with someone who wasn't interested in ye? With yer..." He tried to think of a nice way to phrase it. "Charismatic personality, That surprises me... Though I guess this game is about findin' out bout each other."

He set the mug down and looked at wistfully. "Well, dwarves ain't much for flirtin' as human's figure. Most marriages are set by the elders and then by order of craftsman's seniority or rank... There's a long line."

"Now, if we can only drink when we've DONE one of these things... I hope someone picks something I've done soon... otherwise this ain't going to be a very fun game!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Riffington Alexander snipsnap boomshellack von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:18 am

"Easy on Torin. Things are only JUST getting started. Someone is bound to bring up an idea that you've accomplished or utterly corrupted in one form or another." Laughing
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  xarhelm Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:28 am

Ok then I have Never had servents, slaves or any type of help in my home paid or unpaid.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Riffington Alexander Shmigltypop von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:33 am

Riff settled into his chair at Nas' statement, still longing to sip at his drink though...it was still a half-decent ale.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:02 am

"I'm assuming the home where you grew up counts? If so, then I must drink. My family had hired help to keep up the home." Jaya spoke quietly and blushed. She couldn't believe she was going to be first to drink! She took a deep breath and then tipped her ale to her lips.

"Ahh. That's pretty good. So do I go next? I've never stolen anything that was not mine to take."
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Riffington Alexander kelpto thefteo von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:19 am

"Yeahhhhh...funny story. Some of the more jerky and assy people who visited the courts of Aglahond...welllllllll...lets just say they left a few ounces to a few pounds lighter in their baggage than when they arrived on occasion. Hells...even the Duke ASKED me to lighten their loads on occasion when he didn't like them, but had to play nice with them!"

Riff happily took a long lusted for swig of his ale, and savored the taste of it. Seriously, he began to wonder who made this stuff, and how was it that he could replicate the recipe. He knew his father would almost kill to get a version of this stuff for the brewery back home.
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Jace Arclight

Post  Magyc Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 am

Jace, having spent the last half of his life reading books at an all-male school (where the idea of exploiting servants was scorned at) was 0 for 2.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Magyc
Magyc

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:52 am

"I'm assuming Friend Carlos does NOT count, right?" The dwarf looked at the slave who had attached himself to the group.

"If so we all take a drink... If not, I'm still dry."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:30 pm

"I have never stolen anything, but my family does have three employees that work at our estate. They are not 'servants' as the word is normally used, but well-paid and respected members of our household."

"Still," she said, picking up her mug of yet untouched ale, "they work for us in our home so I believe I must drink as well."

"Friend Carlos doesn't count, no Torin... He's a companion, even if a misunderstood one!"

The paladin took her swallow and crunched her eyebrows together.

"My turn I think? Okay then... I have never in my life stepped foot inside of a mine!"

Darya turned a smile and a nod to the dwarf, who had yet to have a taste of his ale.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:53 pm

The dwarf roared with laughter and took a mighty swig of his ale. Wiping the ale from his beard he tried to think of his 'declaration.' It was peculiar trying to compare cultures this way.

"Good! Then as a slightly confused companion... Come play the game 'Friend Carlos!'" The dwarf was confused and concerned about this man he'd rescued from being eaten by dogs. To have your will so completely broken... he couldn't imagine. Still, there was a sharp mind under all that bowing and scraping. He was very... guarded about everything he said and did. Perhaps a little ale could loosen him up a bit. Reveal something that they never thought to ASK...

"I have never... Riden a horse!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Riffington Alexander Shmigltypop von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:11 am

"Oooooooh...positively SCATHING Darya! Busy with the mines there."

Riff drank deep and even, utterly glowing with a cheshere grin behind his mug, firm in his thoughts that Torin would scarce be able to belive that HE of all people had been in a proper mine in his life.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:20 am

Darya groaned when Torin's revelation at never having been on a horse, and with no explanation needed, took another swallow of the dark brew.

"Okay the mine one was weak, but the dwarf needed a DRINK!" She laughed.

"Alright, alright, let me try again... I have never kissed a man NOR a woman," she said with a snicker. Surely everyone else here would have done that!

"On the mouth that is," the paladin quickly amended, remembering her kisses on the cheek to her mother.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:23 am

The dwarf's eyes got confused as he took a long appraising look at Riff. Not the miner type, Torin thought. Was he some kind of criminal? It had been explained earlier that the only reason humans were 'sent to the mines' was as a punishment...

He filed that bit of knowledge away. He wasn't familiar with the finer points of this game... if it was considered poor taste to question the answers that were given in the spirit of comradarie.

At Lady Darya's admission he choked a bit and obviously pushed his mug away from himself. He was only 60! It's no wonder that Humans had so few true craftsman if they spent their time on frivolity like that... First ye should hone yer craft... THEN worry about forgin' a family!
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Riffington Alexander makeyouty von Ulm

Post  Mr. Awesome Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:48 am

Riff scarcely had a moment to set down his mug from drinking after Torin's statement, only to have to hoist it once more in reaction to Darya's assertion of checking to see whom apparantly had at least the capacity to forge a decent lip-lock amongst the group.

"Oh come on!! At this rate I'm going to be the first one done people...." He paused for a second to consider the potential rammifications of the size needed for his drink. "Say uhhh...Darya, am I supposed to just drink like normal on this, or am I going to have to go in a relative proportion in terms of volume of experience?"

Were it the latter of the two, Riff knew he was probably going to have to go through at least one more mug before play could continue on like normal. At least in his case.
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty "Friend Carlos"

Post  The Sub-Creator Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:10 am

Having heard his name bellowed by the dwarf, the slave quietly appeared beside his Master at the table. Had he currently served Preeminence, none but Preeminence would be acknowledged without command to do so. However, things were decidedly different amongst this group. Each ordered him about on a whim, and no restriction had yet been placed on him to obey but one only. He recognized the halfling as Master simply because she had been the first to take charge over him, but she expected that he listen and obey the others when they spoke, and "Friend Carlos" understood the necessity of asserting himself into a Master's expectations.

Head bowed so as not to offend any by his sudden appearance, he knelt upon knees long ago bereft of feeling from so much time spent with them pressed heavily on stone floors, and awaited the next command to be provided.

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  xarhelm Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:04 am

The questions came rapid fire at this point Nas figured it only polite to name his answers as he drank 3 times.

Once for the Ladies lips. Smiling he thought to himself that elven features are both a blesssing and a curse among humans.

"Does the goblins count? not that it would change my answers just wondering if some others should be drinking too."

A second for taking that which was not given.

and a third smiling at the dwarf for having been in a mine as he drank the last one he said

"A dwarven one at that, or at least it was ONCE owned by Dwarves.

Servents are not very common among my people however horses are and are treateded better usually similar to how Lady Darya's Family treat thier helpers my family treated our horses. "More like Family than servants."

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:23 am

Well, Jaya thought, this game was getting good at revealing what I haven't done. I've never ridden a horse, never had a kiss, and never been in a mine...

When Torin called "Friend Carlos" over, she knew she would have to speak up. It wouldn't be right for him to participate believing himself commanded to do so.

She leaned over to him and said "You are not commanded to participate in this game. You may play if you wish to but may also choose not to. The choice is yours."
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin. Empty Re: Alturiak 29th....night...the games begin.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum