Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 38 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:43 am
Latest topics
» A Journal Bearing the Adventures of Pathfinders
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:51 pm by Magyc

» For What It's Worth (Adanedhel's Story)
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Mother Knows Best
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» Draxthious' Father
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» 3rd Watch, In Which Drax and Elle Have Feelings
Mon May 29, 2017 2:58 pm by TRU

» Letters from Derrack
Sat May 13, 2017 3:47 pm by TRU

» The "Bored at work" thread
Sun May 07, 2017 3:42 pm by TRU

» Post Mortem Discourse
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm by Colin Marcus

» Dulgar Foamblower
Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 am by Colin Marcus

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Ashara fought the natural reaction to inhale sharply at the horrific sight. Elric smelled of rot and death and she winced realizing the pain he must be in.

The yellow fog she had seen through the Sacred Guardian spell must have been what had done this to him... Scourge. A powerful and particularly nasty spell that causes terrible, agonizing diseases to those it comes in contact with. If left untreated it would eventually kill. As if that wasn't bad enough, it could easily start an epidemic if an afflicted person went into populated areas!

"Probably contagious!?", she exclaimed, rushing over to her husband, who still even in his condition somehow managed to crack jokes!

"Welcome back... I did ask you to come back soon, but also to come back in tact, Melamin! This is not in tact!" Ashara smirked slightly as she sidestepped another bursting boil. "I trust nothing has fallen off yet?

"I can cure this, but it will take a moment," she said, speaking to both of the men. "This is no minor disease spell he's been afflicted with! Are you sure that no one else was infected?"

It took her a moment to find a clear patch of skin, but she finally managed to lay her fingers against him and began whispering the divine words that would free him of this plague.

Last edited by Ashara on Thu May 06, 2010 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Thornton

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) on Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:52 pm

The golem got up and wiped the dead man's goo off of his nice tabbard. He hoped that Therogeon could cast a spell to get this clean, because he knew this would hardly befit the symbol of CoRD. He thought about it for a second and got out his decanter and tried to pour water on it, but it only succeeded in making the stain bigger.

He considered keeping it on as he went over to the door to block any entrance. It might help him keep people out of the room if they were afraid to see what was in there. But it just as might make people want to see what was in the room too. He wished someone had told him what to do other than guard the room, it would have been better. He decided to leave it on because he didn't have any thing else to speak for him except his slate, but people did not listen well to slates.

Thornton shut the door to keep out any people who might come down the hallway, and then turned around and regarded the corpse on the bed.
"thanks Thornton....preciate it."
He had been thanked! And it wasn't master who thanked him! Thornton could barely contain his excitement. Master had thanked him a handful of times, including thanking him twice for the time he saved his life. That was a very special day. And now Therogeon had thanked him! Thornton was so glad that he came, even though it probably ruined the tabbard.

Being thanked was like being treated as an equal. Thornton knew that he was not the equal of anyone in CoRD, although he might be more potent than most men, there were some who were far greater than he was. To be treated as if he was the same height as the tallest of trees, even for a moment was a glorious feeling. He imagined Therogeon and him, standing in a field, side by side, swaying in the breeze, listening to the softness of the grass rustling around them.

He shook the dream from his head. He couldn't daydream when there might be people coming to the room due to the excitement they just had. So he tucked away the image in his mind and waited.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 pm

Elric breathed deeply as she spoke the divine words. Slowly the pain started to ease and warm comfort that he knew all too well came over him. He watched as the lesions closed and faded. He leaned back with his eyes closed and just savored the pain-free moments.

"Thanks for that..." he said as he squeezed her hand and gave her a reassuring grin.

"Well... that was an eventful trip, if not a long one..." He told Ashara about the note, and the room. He hadn't seen much of the body, but he told what he had seen.

Looking at them both, he asked "So... what do we know now? Priest... Wizard? Cyric? Cult?" Then he noticed the golem wasn't with them.

"How long till we go back?"
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:18 pm

"No, I was able to dispell the fog shortly after it erupted from the kid's mouth. Unfortunitely not before it afflicted Elric." the mage frowned.

"It wasn't shadow magic, and it was possibley from the mad god. One of his floating skulls attacked us just as we entered the room. Verily similar to the ones in the house with the not so lich." He sighed, "This is excately why I both want you with us and am glad you are not with us." He turned to look at her working her divine magic. "I do not know what effect this would have on an unborn child should you have been infected."

When he saw that Elric was on the mend he turned again to Ashara, "I will be in the library. I must replenish my store of teleportation spells before we can go back. I told Thornton to prevent anyone from coming into the room, but we should still get back there in case something happens." So saying he reached out and lightly touched a rune on the wall, disappearing from the kitchen.
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:42 pm

The priestess chuckled as Therogeon disappeared.

"Doesn't anyone use stairs anymore?"

Turning her attention back to Elric, she began checking him over to be sure that all the lesions had faded. Magical diseases were a bit more tenacious than normal diseases and it never hurt to be certain. Especially if it could be contagious to others!

"That was a priest spell that you were hit with," she said looking up at him, "and if it came out of the mouth of that dead boy, that means you were being watched remotely by the caster. I have access to a similar spell that uses an undead creature as a focus, though for a very different purpose!"

Ashara's eyebrows were pushed together in thought as she processed the information given her. "Therogeon was right, that skull would indicate a priest of Cyric. I don't understand the letter he left for you though..."

"Do you have any idea who he might be looking for, and what he meant by a 'gift' that wasn't deserved? Priests of Cyric aren't exactly the most stable sort, I suppose, but still...it seems pretty coherent."

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Elric laughed as she examined him. "Stop that... That tickles.. I'm fine now!" With just a little effort he was able to catch her hands. As he caught his breath he got serious again.

"I don't know who the note was for... and I can't think of anything a Cyricist would think was a gift. When we were thinking Cult of the Dragon, that could have meant Therogeon's magic...

"The note could have been for you, perhaps your freedom was an undeserved gift? For that matter, your freedom was a gift for me too..." He was quiet as he thought about the ramifications of the threat. "Who knows what the mad followers are thinking..."
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:46 pm

"Unfortunately, we've made all sorts of enemies, with all sorts of reasons to hate us," she sighed.

"Therogeon told you that the tower in the note was an old mage's tower? Seems strange if it was a priest that attacked you, but I suppose we don't have much additional information to go off of... It sounds like he wants to leave as soon as possible. Hopefully he knows where he's going!"

Ashara looked down at the scorch holes in his shirt, and just shook her head and laughed.

"How long has it been? Like an hour!? Already you've managed to destroy more of your clothing!"

She pulled one of her hands from his grasp and stuck her finger through the hole, poking him in the chest playfully.

"I'm not sure it's safe to let you out of my sight! This time it's burned clothes and boils, but what will it be next time??" she teased.

"You probably have enough time to run back to the house and change if you like. Maybe pick up whatever healing potions remain to us, since I'm guessing your Regenerative Heal has been used for the day... I would go of course, but I'm a prisoner of the tower until told otherwise!" She grinned and stuck her tongue out at him.

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 pm

He pulled the shirt away from himself and looked at it mournfully. "I liked this one too..." he sighed. "Healing potions aren't a bad idea... but I don't know if I DARE put on a new shirt! I think our enemies specifically TARGET new shirts!" He laughed. "That's... That's just MEAN!"

What did they have left on that shelf... Three healing potions and 2 bottles of Feywine? Or was it the other way around... He'd used one of each last night, but he was a little preoccupied to bother counting what was left.

"As for Therogeon... He said he was out of teleporting magics... So if I remember correctly that's at LEAST an hour... Maybe longer if he gets distracted." He chuckled at the idea. Somehow he DOUBTED the mage would distracted today!

"As for being prisoner... I believe you promised to wait here till I got back!" He grinned and held out his arms as if to say 'I'm Back!' "While I'm gone, I want you safe... When I'm here, I want you by my side! I'd LOVE for you to walk with me."

Suddenly a thought struck him. "Ashara? That spell you used to find my mother and Tomar? How personal an item does it have to be? Would the letter work? Or maybe the wax seal?"
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Ashara's eyebrows raised slightly at her husband's observation.

"Yes... I believe a written letter would probably work! I actually have one of those spells prepared for the day, and it would at least give me a visual of the man and where he is. Maybe Therogeon could look into my mind to get the exact location for himself!

"You've spent so much time around magic users you're starting to think like one! Perhaps you should ask Therogeon for some lessons," she grinned up at Elric, "or maybe I could see how well you'd fit in as one of Lathander's Awakened!"

Ashara laughed and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. The thoughts of the priests and priestesses under her care led her mind to their recent loss...

Her smile faded and she pulled away to look him in the eyes. "Elric, I just used a similar spell to help Bramin locate Marstine..." Her expression left no doubt as to the state the girl would be found in.

"She was murdered just to get to us..." Ashara angrily wiped away the moisture collecting in her eyes. "Whoever is responsible for this needs to be stopped as soon as possible... Do you have the letter with you now?"

Last edited by Ashara on Thu May 06, 2010 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:41 pm

At the confirmation of Marstine's fate, the warriors eyes lit with fire. "He will be. I promise you that... he will be."

He looked around the kitchen for the letter. His mind wasn't as sharp as usual, what with recovering from the PLAGUE and all... but they had showed it to her on the table there... And it was gone. "Therogeon must have picked it up again. I swear that mage is half packrat!"

"I could try to track him down..." he said doubtfully. "but maybe we should just wait till he has his teleports ready... That way we may be able to get the drop on him. According to the Innkeeper, this guy can teleport too."

His face bunched in confusion. "At least he said he did... 'Vanished in thin air' I think is the term he used... Priests can't teleport can they? Do you think he wind walked?"
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:30 am

"Vanished into thin air? Well..." Ashara's hand drifted to midsection as she thought. When the child wasn't busy kicking her than it was doing somersaults!

"The assassin priest of Cyric we fought in Calimport used a spell called Word of Recall to elude us after he slashed the throats of those two men. It's possible, if the man we're seeking is indeed a priest, that he used this spell to take him back to some sort of sanctuary..."

She sighed in annoyance. "He could literally be anywhere right now! The letter did give us a definite location though, and he did say he wanted to meet...one of us...face to face, so I would guess that he would be there."

"You know there's another part that confuses me... You said that skull referred to us as a group. 'Vengeance will soon come to the Champions' or something like that? The letter seems far more specific. More personal."

Shaking her head at the mystery of it, Ashara knelt down and slung her pack and scroll cases back over her shoulder.

"If you'd like I would be happy to take your offer of a walk back to the house to get those potions, or perhaps to the library to wait for Therogeon. Either way I have no idea how to get out of this place, and since you've been here far more than I have I'm hoping you know where to go!

"Hmm...," she muttered, with a lopsided grin as her eyes drifted toward the counter where Elric had rested his hand earlier. "We'll need to tell someone to sterilize this place completely before anyone attempts to eat anything out of this kitchen. It appears you've gotten pus on the table, Melamin..."

Last edited by Ashara on Thu May 06, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 am

"Uhhh... Yeah," The warrior nodded in disgust. "We'll definitely want to tell someone about that..."

"Let's get the potions first, then find our way to the library." He grinned mischievously as he couldn't resist adding. "After all... If this mission starts sending us all over Faerun... Who KNOWS when you'll be outside that tower again!"

Despite his occasional trips to the tower, he really did not know his way as well as he thought he did. Perhaps all mage towers were this confusing... added to the Awe and mystery of the place. Three wrong turns and they finally found the front door. Elric didn't recognize the student on duty there... but that was nothing new.

Elric casually mentioned to him to remind Master Therogeon... that the kitchen needed a good disinfecting before dinner... He'll know why. And with that they were out into the fresh air.

The day that had started so gloomy looked as if it would turn out all right after all. Occasionally through the gray clouds you could see clear blue sky. A good sign.

"I didn't see Almara in there... I figured she'd be there when we teleported in. Was she watching the kids?" A grin formed on his face as he turned to her and asked. "SPEAKING of which... How long have YOU known about Therogeon's little bundle of secrets?"
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:51 am

"Yes, Almara was kind enough to watch the children for me while I tended your plague-ridden body... She probably would appreciate it if we weren't gone too long," she grinned.

"I've only known about the baby since last night. When I healed the cut on her forehead I felt it. She must have told Therogeon sometime this morning!" The priestess smiled brightly and laughed. "I would love to have seen his face when he heard the news!

"It will definitely be interesting from a professional standpoint too! I've never cared for a pregnant half elf before, let alone one with a child by an elvish father! Very much looking forward to recording any differences between the races in that regard. I have read that elvish women carry their children for two years before they're born, and I hope for Almara's sake that in spite of the father, that it won't be much longer than the nine months a human can expect!"

Ashara smiled wistfully and looped her arm around Elric's as they walked toward the house.

"It's really wonderful that our children will have the opportunity to grow up together, and hopefully to become as close of friends as we were back in the day. Our fathers were best friends too! I truly do look forward to seeing what the future may hold. But," she added with a laugh, "I guess that's not much of a surprise!"

She let her mind wander down pleasant paths for a few moments, but her mirth faltered ever so slightly when she realized that any of Therogeon and Almara's children would long outlive their own... There was nothing to be done for it though. It was simply the way of things.

Ashara wondered then that if it was possible, would she really be able to take Elric up on his offer to share the years he had remaining to him? Would she really be able to accept watching her children grow old and die if she had a choice in the matter? How would they feel knowing that both of their parents would be around long after they were gone?

She shook the thoughts from her mind, and continued on. There were much more important matters to dwell on today, like surviving to a ripe old age!

Last edited by Ashara on Thu May 06, 2010 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:48 am

The wizard appeared in his library to the sounds of children playing with an overly patient dog. Calim had seen the children many times before but usually in his yard, where there was alot of room to run and play. Here in his quiet library however, was something quite different. Especially since the children loved to try and ride him as they played some game involving dragons.

Therogeon smiled as he watched them play and stepped into a hug from Almara. They both smiled as they looked at each other and each of them shared the same thoughts, someday it would be their children playing with Calim. Still smiling, Therogeon stepped away from his lovely half elf and over to a relatively quiet corner. A quick glass of chilled cider later and the master wizard was deep into his spell books.
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Almara

Post  MrPrettyPretty on Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:03 am

The children were very well behaved for being so young. Of course they had good parents and that probably helped. Still, she couldn't help but chuckle as one after the other they attempted to ride the large dog.

When Therogeon appeared she had already set out the cider, both for the children and for her love. For some reason he always appreaciated a quick glass of something cold to drink before studying. Indeed, he was deep into his studies when the call came in from the front door, "Mistress Almara?"

"Yes Adraikthul," she responded

"The Lord and Lady Everdawn have stepped out for a minute. Um, they say the kitchen needs to be disinficted before anyone attempts to prepare food in there."

She grinned, "Have a couple of the first year students, the ones with the stronger stomachs, attend to that. Tell them -I- said to use no magic. Knowing how to clean properly without spells is very important."

Once Adraikthul had given his consent and understanding she turned again to the mirror. Whispering Ashara's name the reflection shifted to show the two Everdawn's walking toward their house. Probably going to get a new shirt for Elric. From what Therogeon had told her, that man went through more clothing than anyone he had ever met.

Almara believed the town was safe again, but still it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on things just in case. Of course keeping an eye on things inside the tower was probably a good idea too, as a sudden crash told her. She turned around and saw the twins looking very pensive next to a small table that had collapsed while they both had tried to ride Calim. She smiled at them to show she wasn't upset. The table itself could be easily fixed with a simple spell and the lamp ontop of it had not broken during the fall.

"Ok children, how about a story?" she asked them. Their faces lit up as she regailed them about the story of The City of Hope, as Therogeon had told her.
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

After Elric and Ashara collected the remaining healing potions and a some vials of holy water, they headed back to Therogeon's tower where the mageling on door duty directed them to the library.

The master mage was still pouring over his spellbook when they arrived in the room, and Ashara knew better then to disturb him, so she walked over to where Almara was entertaining the children with some stories, and sat down in one of the overstuffed chairs.

Me'awen grinned when she saw her mother and started to climb up onto her lap until she saw Elric standing a few feet away.

"Daddy!" The little girl promptly launched herself off of Ashara, scrambled over to her father, and stood there bouncing in place with her arms outstretched. "Up! Up! Up! Uuuuupppp!!"

Well, that's all it took to distract the other children, and the priestess shot Almara an apologetic look as the two boys joined their sister in demanding Elric's attention.

"Sorry about that," she grinned at the half elf. "I told them he might be away for a little while, so they're probably surprised to see him! Thank you for watching them for me, and I hope they weren't too much trouble..."

Ashara saw the broken table and sighed. Hopefully they wouldn't be locked away in this tower for too long, or the three kids might 'accidentally' tear it down brick by brick!

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Elric's eyes lit up at the sound of the little quarter-dragon voices. In one smooth movement he scooped up his daughter and sent her up into the air. The squeal of delight echoed through the room, and Elric winced. Therogeon was an adventuring mage, and could study through distractions... but he didn't need to make it more difficult for him. Then he realized with a grin, maybe he'd better get used to the noise of little ones...

Soon there would be four, and not for the first time, Elric wished he'd had Gwilly teach him to juggle. How else would he be able to keep one child in the air at all times? By now the boys were latched onto his legs giggling and causing him to waddle over toward the comfy chairs and the women. "I get the distinct feeling I was missed! How long was I gone again??" He asked with a chuckle.

Last edited by Elric on Mon May 03, 2010 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:46 am

"Time is pretty relative for these three," she grinned in reply. "I told them earlier that you were going on a little trip, so they're probably hoping you brought them back a gift or a new story! That you've returned earlier than expected in no way negates their desire for surprises!"

Elric sat in one of the chairs, and Me'awen and Romen each tucked themselves under an arm while Arturo sat in his lap between his two younger siblings. Three sets of emerald green eyes looked up at him expectantly. Ashara could only laugh and wonder where he would squeeze in a fourth!

As a priestess of Lathander, the deity of births among many other things, there was no misperception about the size of the family they would have. More than that though, both of them had for most of their lives, longed for that connection and love of their family. Elric for his mother, and Ashara for her birth parents. Now they'd created their own family, and though tending to so many young children while they both were busy with various other duties was definitely a challenge at times, the joy they brought the pair was immeasurable.

Her heart swelled with pride watching the smiling half dragon buried beneath his brood. Ashara thought briefly about relieving him of at least one of the children and giving him a little extra breathing room, but she decided against it. Elric was about to head out into considerable danger. Perhaps they all should spend as much time together as they could until Therogeon was ready to depart. In case the worst happened...

Back to top Go down

Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty on Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:52 am

With a quick snap, the spell book closed. Therogeon looked around him then and noted that Ashara and Elric as well as their three children and Almara were all in the library. Somehow a table had gotten broken, but Almara was already using a simple magic to mend the damage.

The wizard walked over and gave Almara a hug and a quick kiss then turned to the other guests. "Well my brother, I am ready to take us back to the Troll. We should grab Thornton before heading off to the ruined tower." Therogeon walked over to the Everdawn's and smiled down at the children. "I am sorry little ones, but I have to borrow your daddy for a little bit. In the mean time, how about if I turned the puppy a different color?" So saying he spoke a quick cantrip and poor Calim suddenly turned a rosey dawn hue. The puppy seemed to sigh as if he was expecting it.
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Elric gasped and grunted in surprise as three small children launched themselves off his lap and toward the poor dog. One of the twins had gotten a pretty good kick in at his stomach.

"Guess, I can't compete with THAT..." He said with a grin. "Play nice..." He futilely called after them. His voice got lost in a high pitched squeal. Standing he gave Ashara sympathetic look. He didn't envy her being trapped in the tower with the three overactive children.

"Let's see our little love note again." He asked and the mage produced. The warrior glanced it over once more without gaining any new clues. Annoyed he handed it over the priestess "Ashara can pinpoint where our mysterious friend is. Once we know that, we can reclaim the golem... if it hasn't gone on a mad rampage by now... and have some words with our new friend."

The thought of Thornton made him nervous. He hadn't been in any condition to dispute Therogeon's plan of action. But he didn't like how it had turned out. Therogeon had been studying for a long time. Much to long to have left the golem in the room alone. Certainly by now the innkeeper had come to see where they'd gone... he wondered how THAT confrontation had ended.
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:41 pm

The priestess took the letter in hand, running her fingers over the lettered grooves from the quill. Using this spell could allow her to give Therogeon an exact point to teleport to, plus it could show them exactly who is responsible for the attack against the Champions. With quickening pulse, her eyes shifted between the two men before she took a deep breath and began the spell.

A few moments passed, and frustration mounted... Nothing?!

"I'm sorry...," Ashara apologized, voice laden with irritation. "Something is blocking the divination. I would guess that if this person is someone who uses scrying often, then perhaps he protects himself against such things as well."

She handed the note back to Elric and sighed.

"I don't have access to the more powerful divinations that might be able to penetrate defenses either, I'm afraid..."

Last edited by Ashara on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:49 pm

Elric smiled ruefully. "Well, so much for the easy way. It figures that someone who likes to scrye will take precautions against it himself... and we know he was watching last night, and he knew we was waiting for us when we got to the inn."

"Still... it was worth a shot!"

"Guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way... We know where we have to meet "A", but we're not sure WHO he wants, WHY he wants them, or even who HE is... and I'm not overly fond of just walking into where HE wants us to go..." He shook his head in frustration, "If we knew who he was... I bet the rest would become clear."
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Therogeon grinned, "I wasn't expecting it to be easy anyway. When has it ever been easy." He sighed but his grin never left his face. "Well my brother, there is no time like the present." So saying he waved to the children and blew a kiss to Almara.

A few quick words and the wizard reached out and grasped Elric's shoulder. One second they are in Therogeon's tower, the next they are in the Flaming Troll standing next to a thorn golem and a hacked apart dead boy. Therogeon had wished that part wasn't there but it was an unfortunate reality. Another crime the mysterious 'A' had to pay for.

While Elric adjusted to the sudden local change Therogeon walked over to Thornton. The golem had secured the door and it appeared that no one had attempted to come in. Least wise there were no new bodies. Eddick had done an amazing job creating this golem. He would have to talk with the reclusive druid once this was all over. A couple of these throughout the town and the school in Waterdeep would both unnerve the students and help them develop skills that would be usefull in the training to come. Wizards should be unnerved occasionally, it helps to keep them humble.

"Good job Thornton." Therogeon made to pat the golem on the back but remembered at the last minute the thorns (thus the name Thornton) sticking through the chainmail armor. Instead he turned it into an awkward thumbs up.
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Thornton

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Good job Thornton.
Thornton decided that he could get used to all of this praise. All he did was close the door and stand around for a couple hours and it seemed the mage was pleased. If it was this easy to please him, this was indeed going to be a pleasant trip. At the awkward thumbs up, Thornton snapped to attention and gave Therogeon his best salute.

Afterwards he realized that he was puffing out his chest a bit during the salute and remembered his stained tabbard. After the moment had passed, he proceeded to remove it and stow it away. There was no need to identify himself in case anyone tried to come in with them there.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:06 am

Once the room stopped spinning Elric senses were buffeted by the horrific scene. The stench of old blood filled his lungs and he wanted to vomit. He tried to push the horror out of his mind, and just examine the room methodically.

First of all the body. Young man, probably about Shamus's age. Short brown hair. Curly. Nobody he remembered meeting before. Naked and hacked to bits with an axe. He vaguely recalled while the plague was coming over him, Thornton going after it in the most brutal method possible. The boy was coated in blood, much more than the zombie would have bled after death. With a little examination Elric found a wound that was not made from an axe. He appeared to have his wrist slit. With the amount of blood in the room, that left little doubt as to the cause of death. He was bled out for some reason... There should have been more of a struggle... Then again, he realized... when dealing with priests and wizards. There was plenty of ways they could have incapacitated the lad. His hand unconsciously rubbed the pale scars on his neck when he had been nearly eaten alive by ghasts. Sighing, he scanned the room for some indication of the dead boy's identity.

The bed had been slept in, though it didn't seem to have been made for several days... A pile of expensive clothes lay at the foot of the bed. Local fashion, but well tailored... No doubt this kid came from money, and would probably have been missed by now. Almost hidden in the folds of the bed he saw a glint of metal. A gold ring with the initials CF. The same as sealed the letter. In fact there was still a little wax residue on it.

"Odd that this was left behind..." he muttered aloud. "Either he didn't want us to track him with it... or..." He took another look at the boy's body. There on his right hand, his suspicions were confirmed. An indentation and a pale circle on his middle finger that fit the ring perfectly.

"Or it wasn't his ring." the warrior sighed audibly. "He killed this kid, sealed a letter with HIS ring, and then tossed it..." He shook his head in disgust. "I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting this guy..."
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top