The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Fishing Buddy Conversations EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Fishing Buddy Conversations

2 posters

Go down

Fishing Buddy Conversations Empty Fishing Buddy Conversations

Post  captain54jcv Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:13 am

To save everybody from listening on Tuesday nights, this is where Cleander can continue his questioning/teaching of Friend Carlos as they fish by the river, hunt for rascally rabbits, run away from Bug Bears, go shopping for black robes, or do whatever else that Shrek/Donkey combination is up to.
captain54jcv
captain54jcv

Back to top Go down

Fishing Buddy Conversations Empty Bug Bear Battle

Post  captain54jcv Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:21 am

The battle is over, and the party was victorious. The morning after their walk through the woods, Cleander and Friend Carlos (FC) return to what appears to Cleander to be a "safe zone" for FC. They will find a nice fishing hole and Cleander will once again attempt to help FC understand that he has free will and that his new type of service is voluntary, appreciated, and his choice.

Cleander: "Friend Carlos, do you understand what nicknames are?"

Depending on FC's answer, there are many possible responses...think of it as a "Choose Your Own Adventure" but social media style...
captain54jcv
captain54jcv

Back to top Go down

Fishing Buddy Conversations Empty "Friend Carlos"

Post  The Sub-Creator Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:00 pm

"I understand that names are a series of phonetic sounds strung together by which many might identify one," he replied. It actually had taken him a long time to string this logic together, as he'd never had much reason to dwell on it in the past. Under the rule of Preeminence, the slave had had many other preoccupations for his thoughts than significance for value of naming. Under Preeminence, the value of such naming had been above him.

"I know nothing of nicknames."

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Buddy Conversations Empty Cleander Alparslan

Post  captain54jcv Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:46 am

"A nickname is a name added to or substituted for the proper name of a person, place, etc., usually related to affection or familiarity. For example, we have given you the name 'Friend Carlos' by our group to identify you. I would like to give you the nickname of 'FC' as a sign of my friendship and familiarity with you. Would it be ok that I consider you my friend and call you FC? Do you understand what friendship is?"

Last edited by Gwilly on Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
captain54jcv
captain54jcv

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:16 pm

"I will answer to whatever phonetic sounds are strung together to identify me," the slave replied with an appeasing bow. "I beg forgiveness if ever my manner has led to contrary belief, and will accept punishment according to the will and right of my masters."

Not straightening from the bow until permission was given, he continued, "I understand the meaning of friendship--to be attached to another person through feelings of affection or personal regard. Preeminence spoke often of the weaknesses of such petty emotional trappings. Preeminence, with masterful wisdom, expressed that friendship requires trust, and, therefore, deserves only contempt. 'Friendship forges the finest assassins,' Preeminence said--often times to those believing friendship with Preeminence might earn power, wealth, or extended life."

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  captain54jcv Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Understanding that Preeminence has had such a dominant effect over FC's life, Cleander pauses to reflect upon the best way to reach the former slave. Wondering if he could reach the person vs. the slave, Cleander replied with:
"I know that Preeminence has taught you many things, and I understand that you learned everything he taught you. I would like to know your opinion and feelings on the emotional aspects of friendship. Do you feel it is a weak emotion?"

Last edited by Gwilly on Fri May 07, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
captain54jcv
captain54jcv

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:02 pm

"I have no proclivities toward friendship," the slave replied evenly. "My sole purpose is to serve as Preeminence--or another, in Preeminence's absence--requires. If, in my service, friendship is required, it need only be explained in what capacity I am to perform, and I will do so to the best of my ability." Though he sought to remain stoic, an edge of fear crept into his countenance. "Preeminence never had need of such. In fact, discredited these sentiments. I would likely make a horrible friend, according to pre-existing expectation and a complete lack of experience on my part."

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  captain54jcv Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:08 pm

"FC, I believe you have potential to be an excellent friend. The type of friend we are to other people relies heavily upon our own actions. Friendships often begin when two people have a common area of interest or experiences. For example, I was beaten and whipped by the black-armored monsters, many of my pride an family were murdered by them. I have seen cruelty and despair in life. What qualities do you think are important in being a good friend?"

After carefully listening to the response by FC, Cleander realizes that there is also an opportunity to learn more about the evil wizard, Preeminence. This question will be asked, however, it depends on the response from the above question --- (OUT OF GAME NOTE - Pat, I wanted to give you a couple questions at a time since we're not in "real time" chat mode...we can continue that line of questioning tonight if it is easier BACK TO GAME)

"FC, you mentioned that Preeminence did not have any friends. Did he have allies? Do you remember their names?"

Last edited by Gwilly on Fri May 07, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
captain54jcv
captain54jcv

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

"What qualities do you think are important in being a good friend?"

The slave consciously tensed the muscles throughout his body, preparing them for the inevitable punishment to come. "I know of only one, as warned against by Preeminence. This would be trust. Forgive my incompetence at inference, I beg." 'Friend Carlos' readied himself, even as he answered the wemic's second question.

"Preeminence 'wielded pawns,' as proclaimed by Preeminence directly," he said. "None were the equal of Preeminence, and so all were subject to Preeminence's will. Such pawns were used and discarded when appropriate. Preeminence has forbidden me to speak of these pawns, and I must not disobey in this. Preeminence would know, as Preeminence knows all, and it would mean the end of my usefulness to Preeminence and once and future Masters alike."

Last edited by Gwilly on Fri May 07, 2010 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Fishing Buddy Conversations Empty Re: Fishing Buddy Conversations

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down