The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Under the Crypt EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Under the Crypt EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Under the Crypt EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Under the Crypt EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Under the Crypt EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Under the Crypt EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Under the Crypt EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Under the Crypt EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Under the Crypt EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Under the Crypt

5 posters

Go down

Under the Crypt Empty Under the Crypt

Post  TRU Fri May 14, 2010 11:20 pm

Things were finally quiet in the crypt as it should be. The dead should be quiet, thought Willow, not walking around attacking people! She shuddered as she recalled her fight with the zombies only moments ago. It wasn't natural to kill something that was supposed to be already dead. But Willow didn't want to think about it anymore. She had been told that this place was old and quite historical and she was curious to learn something about the past on which the crypt was built.

The room they had all chosen to bed down in for the night was quite ornate. There were four partitions around the room, each with a different scene depicted on them. Willow had paid them very little attention when they had first entered the room. Her focus had been trained on those in the room that meant her companions harm and how to get rid of them. Looking at the pretty things had not been a priority, killing hobgoblins had. But there were no threats for the time being so Willow could look around the room in more detail.

Willow walked over to what was left of the hobgoblin's campfire. She looked for the longest remaining stick in the pile. The pickings were quite slim but eventually she found one she could use for a small torch. She ripped a strip of cloth off of the bottom of her cloak and wound in around the end of her stick hoping the light of this meager torch would last long enough to enjoy the works of art around the room. When she was finished she walked back to the single source of light in this room, the torch Sir Trueblade had in his possession.

"Well fought, Sir Trueblade," Willow greeted the knight, "Evil has indeed been routed this day."

The ranger stuck her torch into the lantern's flame to light it.

"I know there are more battles ahead before we leave this place but I am glad for the respite! A little rest for the weary will only aid us in our success against the evil we will face later.

"But I must confess, I have another reason to desire a respite. I am truly interested in the history of this place and this room seems to have something of the past that it can offer me. I must know it! And so I am going exploring with my makeshift torch. I hope it does not run out before my curiosity is satiated."

She straightened up and looked back at the knight in the flickering firelight. Her eyes aglow with anticipation and her grin full of joy.
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Under the Crypt Empty Sir Tobias Trueblade

Post  Colin Marcus Sat May 15, 2010 12:38 am

The knight was adjusting part of his armor that had come loose during the fight, when the young lady approached him and lit her torch.

"What? History..." the knight pondered her statements. "Yes, they say this place has much history, though judging by the quality of our foes... I dare say it is not as noble a history as we were led to believe." He was not personally familiar with the undead, but evil that continues after it had been vanquished... riled him.

"Myself, I put little thought into the past. What was, was. It means nothing to the present. My thoughts are focused on the foes that currently need smiting, or the quests I will one day be called to chase. The deeds that have already been accomplished are better focused on by bards and minstrils than a true knight of the realm..."

She had spoken of weariness, yet her eyes shown with excitement and energy. The knight on the other hand refused to acknowledge weakness in any form. The others insisted on resting, and so he reluctantly stayed.

"If you are weary, then perhaps you should get your rest Lady Willow. There is still much Evil about in this cursed place. However, if you insist on exploring the room... I do offer my protection should you require it." Wincing from battle wounds, he stood and gave a short bow to the ranger.

He was torn as he made the offer. There were TWO ladies in the camp at the moment, and the new one wore considerably less armor. There were two new individuals who had joined their band, but in truth he knew very little of them. Still they wore no armor and therefore required his protection. However the lady Willow was leaving the camp and thus he felt the offer justified.

"If the Lady Saedda, gives her leave."

Last edited by Elric on Sat May 15, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Under the Crypt Empty Saedda

Post  Saoirse Sat May 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Chalk clicked furiously against the black slate as Saedda tried desperately to write down the somatic and verbal components that she suddenly remembered studying some time ago before her mother's library was reduced to slag. Something about her pronunciation had always been off at the time but the solution may have just presented itself. Had to get it down in writing before she forgot! Now what was that material component again?

Powder from the chalk drifted up in whorls into the air, riding on the slight breeze that ever surrounded the genasi. For a second, she was distracted by the delicate dance and poked at the cloud of dust with her finger; a playful grin lighting up her pale white face before she forced herself to focus on the task at hand. Slate first to test for accuracy, then spellbook...

While her left hand held the chalk that attacked the slate, her right alternated between scratching Bisera behind the ears and spooning what amounted to warm, wet parchment into her mouth.

Glanen was kind enough to Create Food that evening so she wouldn't have to eat the meat that the deceased hobgobins would no longer be needing. Not that she had issues with the consumption of flesh. In fact she did very much enjoy eat flesh of a few different varieties, but she drew the line at helping herself to hobgoblin scraps...

Saedda's tongue still held the horrid taste of the stagnant air here in the crypt. She couldn't say that she regretted that decision to sate her curiosity and inhale, but...she had no intention of doing it again in this particular place. The Shining Sea was still her favorite taste, thinking of the saltiness of it still made her mouth water pleasantly. She strongly desired to see the mountains someday, any mountains would do to start... The flavor must be so much more pure in the higher elevations, and it was an experience she was looking forward to!

The ashes from the fire still hissed with some heat. The kitty was purring. Glanen was scratching at his beard...was that what he was scratching? *shudder* Rodrick seemed to be sketching out a new idea for a tatoo. Sir Tobias' armor was squeaking. Willow began talking to the other human. Saedda did her best to tune it all out. New sounds and scents from each member of this strange band of travelers.... Focus!

After a few more moments her intense blue eyes alit with the solution! The genasi snapped one of her eel skin gloves over her left hand and looked up to see who was available to be a test subject just as the knight finished speaking at her.

".... gives her leave."

Her gaze shifted back and forth between the two humans who were looking at her as if they expected her to respond. She hated it when she missed a question that was asked of her!!

"Um...what?"

The knight wore an expression of stoic resolve, but then again...he always did... Saedda wondered briefly if he played cards. The woman who introduced herself as Willow was grinning with excitement at the man. Hmm... Willow had tried to explain to her earlier that evening how she had a inexplicable compulsion to follow the knight. It seemed that she might have some sort of affection for Sir Tobias though they didn't seem well acquainted. A strange match perhaps. The ranger seemed to have a sharp intellect, while the knight...well... Something was a little off there. Still, many humans were able to overlook a broken mind if one had a pretty enough face, and Sir Tobais had been blessed in that regard. What would they be asking her permission for though?? They were both standing as if they intended to leave, so Saedda made her assumptions and spoke before the man had a chance to repeat himself.

"Oh! Yes, yes of course it makes no nevermind to me if you two would like to spend some personal time together, though perhaps you shouldn't go too far seeing as there are probably more hobgoblins out there, not to mention someone who is likely responsible for creating the undead that will need to be...smited? Smitten? Smote?" The genasi cocked her head to one side as she attempted to discern the appropriate tense of the word.

She was lost in thought for only a moment before she perked up again remembering her experiment.

"Wait just one second if you please..."

Raising a gloved finger to her lips, she grinned as her eyes met Willow's.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...," the genasi whispered as she pulled the finger from her over mouth and held it out to the ranger, "Vos vadum non narro. Vos es silentium!"

Her black glove shimmered blue for a moment, then the image of a hand the same size as shape as her own pulled free of its owner and sped off to the ranger where it clamped tightly over her mouth.

"YES!!!" Saedda squealed with glee, jumping up from her position and launching herself into the air. She pushed off the stone floor for momentum and levitated toward the ceiling, flipping once before dropping back to the ground with an expression of jubilation painted on her features.

"Forgive me for that Willow," she said with a smirk as she dismissed the Silencing Hand, "it was harmless I assure you, and I needed someone to test it on. I will ask first next time!

"Now please, don't let me keep you from your amorous intentions," the wizard insisted, shooing the pair off with her ungloved hand. "Bisera and I will be here when you return. Oh, and the dwarf too..."

Last edited by Mirelda on Wed May 19, 2010 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Saoirse
Saoirse

Back to top Go down

Under the Crypt Empty Bisera

Post  WoTmaster Sun May 16, 2010 4:22 pm

The tressym purred contentedly under the scratching of the strange blue haired woman scratching her. This woman knows magic, she may know something about what happened to us... or me? It was strange sharing a body with another consciousness. She had only been doing it for a few months, and this was the first time it had been continuously for more than a few hours. How many days had it been now? A few ten day at least. At least Akiko didn't seem to mind sharing too much. She was eternally indebted to the beautiful creature.

Suddenly the woman next to her flew up into the air! Bisera, startled out of her thoughts, leaped to the air herself, looking alert for danger. Saedda came back down to the ground though after flipping end for end in the air. Then her hand glowed blue and she did something to Willow! Bisera thought it strange, whatever the woman had done, Willow seemed unharmed. That glow tho, Bisera would have to ask her about it. It reminded her of what happened with the tressym body from time to time. Perhaps she would know what it was.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Under the Crypt Empty Willow

Post  TRU Tue May 18, 2010 11:12 am

Willow was taken aback. A bright blue hand had just flown through the air toward her, covering her mouth. It was rather startling at first until she realized that the hand was a spell Seadda had cast her. Apparently this pleased Seadda, because she was currently doing cart wheels in the air. Willow was confused. She wasn't used to friendly people casting spells on her at random. At least thought Seadda was friendly. She seemed friendly enough when they had first met, and she had listened to politely when Willow had shared about her strange compulsion to follow Sir Trueblade even though his methods made little to no sense to her (this was something she still had a hard time understanding, though she was getting better at controlling it). This however, was far from polite. It was shocking and a little intrusive. The ranger wanted to say something but her mouth was quite unmovable at the moment.

"Forgive me for that Willow," she said with a smirk as she dismissed the Silencing Hand, "it was harmless I assure you, and I needed someone to test it on. I will ask first next time!

"Now please, don't let me keep you from your amorous intentions," the wizard insisted, shooing the pair off with her ungloved hand. "Bisera and I will be here when you return. Oh, and the dwarf too..."

"By the gods, Seadda, I should think you will ask first next time! You SHOULD have asked this time!" Willow said in an exasperated tone. She ran her arm over her mouth to wipe away any remaining traces of magic as if it were dirt that had been smeared on her mouth. She felt like her trust had been betrayed and the frustration of it all was building inside of her. She didn't want to yell at Saedda, or anyone else, for that matter so she turned and walked off toward the farthest painting.

"I believe I would rather explore this room alone right now, Sir Trueblade" Willow said coldly over her shoulder. "Thank you for the offer, but I can handle myself just fine, unless, of course, I am being bombarded with magic."

She stopped, turned and looked disappointedly at Seadda. After a moments pause and a long sigh, Willow spoke.

"I thought I might have found a friend in you, Seadda, but now you have lost my trust and I am upset with you. All I wanted to do was learn something new about this place. The thought of that brought me much joy, but you have taken that away."

The ranger then turned on her heels and walked off.
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Tue May 18, 2010 1:23 pm

The knight's face turned bright red, though from embarrassment or fury it was hard to tell. As he opened his mouth to respond to the blue haired woman, Willow beat him to it, promptly putting the newcomer in her place and storming off.

Awkwardly, Sir Trueblade sat back down and examined the mage. He was not so good at determining other peoples emotions. She had a peculiar look on her face, though whether shocked, indignant, or hurt he couldn't tell. He took a deep steadying breath and released it slowly.

"My lady Saedda...." the knight began carefully. "To cast a spell on an ally in such a way was... a lapse in judgement, to say the least. The lady Willow has done nothing to deserve such treatment. In the future, should you require a target for your experiments, I offer my own services.

"As for your other comments... I truly must insist on refraining from any disparaging comments towards the character of myself or my friends. Though I admit I do not know you very well... I sensed no malice in your words and truly believe you meant no harm. However as you can see you have offended one whom I call friend."

His bright blue eyes refused to release the young mage. "The choice is yours of course... but if I could be permitted to offer my advice.... It would be to follow her and make amends."

The knight smiled then. "The fact that you have chosen to brave these dark corridors of evil where even the brave would flee, says much about your character. With Evil pressing around at every turn, we did not get much past names, but I would like to say, I am most pleased to make your aquaintance."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saoirse Tue May 18, 2010 4:56 pm

A single blue eyebrow arched in confusion as she watched the ranger have her tantrum and storm off. Perhaps she didn't understand what a breakthrough that spell was? Perhaps she didn't understand exactly how useful this beautiful magic could be in combat? Maybe she just had some sort of fear of magic. Many did, though not usually the adventuring sort. Oh well, live and learn.

She'd thought the ranger the more rational of the two humans and was quite surprised to find herself mistaken in that regard when the knight addressed her thoughtfully. Erroneously perhaps, but thoughtfully none the less...

"I don't recall making any disparaging remarks to either of you, though the friendly Bisera was purring quite loudly and perhaps I couldn't hear myself speaking," she stated without expression as her own bright blue eyes met those of the man. "And I assure you I intended no offense to the one whom you call friend, but I had no idea that the one whom you call friend could be so easily offended. Perhaps if I ask forgiveness a second time?"

Saedda levitated herself to her feet and headed off after the ranger. She didn't usually make it a habit of pursuing angry, irrational humans in order to pacify them, but seeing as she was interested in the source and secrets of the magic that might be found down here, it was best if she just swallowed her pride at this point.

The wizard stopped a few feet behind Willow, keeping slightly more than a short sword's distance between them, and glad that her Armor spell was still active just in case. Who knows how she would react in this situation!

"Again I will ask your forgiveness, Willow," she said with a slight bow, "as you've trusted me to use magic that will not harm you while I'm casting behind your back in combat, I hope you will trust me not to use any spells that would harm you out of combat. That particular spell will be able to silence a wizard from vocally casting harmful magic on us, so I think it should be of great use."

As she spoke, Saedda was very careful not to make any sudden movements with her hands that might cause the ranger to think she was casting another spell on her.

"As to my magic, I promise to avoid using it on you in the future," the genasi smiled genuinely and bowed a second time. "I'll leave you to your exploration now, in hopes that you might recover some of that joy that I so wickedly stole from you in my mirth, for which I will ask your forgiveness a third time."

After bowing a third time as well, she headed back to her slate and pulled out her spell book to begin transcribing her work. Her left hand scratched at the book with her quill, while the right hand alternated between scratching Bisera behind the ears and spooning what amounted to warm, wet parchment into her mouth.
Saoirse
Saoirse

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Wed May 19, 2010 12:29 am

Bisera watched the altercation between Willow and the blue haired woman. Willow left looking very displeased. Then Sir Tobias spoke to Saedda and warned her about upsetting his friends. I think Saedda believes Sir Tobias and Willow to be sweethearts! How silly! Saedda went away to apologize to Willow and then we resumed our previous positions.

"Saedda?" Bisera mind-asked her, "What was that blue glowing around your hand just now? How did you do that?"
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Under the Crypt Empty Re: Under the Crypt

Post  Saoirse Wed May 19, 2010 1:18 am

WoTmaster wrote:"Saedda?" Bisera mind-asked her, "What was that blue glowing around your hand just now? How did you do that?"

The wizard pulled the quill off of the page and looked up...and around...and finally down, to see the winged cat looking up at her with inquisitive eyes.

"That was you again!" Saedda grinned and giggled a bit in fascination at the remarkable animal. Not only was she a flying cat, and not only did she speak telepathically, but apparently she had some kind of innate casting ability on top off all of it. She'd seen the cat produce an effect resembling Shocking Grasp, and also what looked like it may have been Chill Touch. Perhaps she had some sort of understanding of magic, or at very least an interest in it, and that pleased the genasi quite a bit!

"Yes, yes! It's a spell called Bigby's Silencing Hand," she whispered gleefully with a twinkle in her eye. "It is essentially a field of force...much like what is used in the Armor and Shield spells if you're familiar. It could be of great use to us, especially down here against any evil mages that may be lurking about! It is a way to possibly keep them from casting spells!

"I'd studied it a bit some time ago, but something was always off when I attempted it, but just now the solution hit me!"

She sighed happily and gently ran her long fingers down Bisera's spine between her wings. Probably a difficult spot for the kitty to get to, so she carefully scratched it for her.

"It really is a thrilling experience to pull pure energy from the Weave itself and shape it into something useful! This is not a spell of my own creation, of course," she admitted with a grin and a small smile, "but someday I hope to research a few of my own.

"I've seen you use magic of your own, Bisera! Do Tressym have natural magical ability or have you chosen that path for yourself?"
Saoirse
Saoirse

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Thu May 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Spells? Weave? Magic? Me?? Bisera was getting more and more confused as she listened to Saedda talk about magic and spells. She was certainly enthusiastic. Bisera had though someone was possibly casting spells on her, or that it was something natural to the creatures she was fighting against. Then she thought perhaps it was something about tressyms that she didn't know about, but now she wasn't so sure.

"I've seen you use magic of your own, Bisera! Do Tressym have natural magical ability or have you chosen that path for yourself?"

The tressym looked up at Saedda at this, with almost a questioning look in her eyes. "You've seen me do magic? I don't know how to do magic. I don't know if Tressym have any magical abilities, natural or otherwise... I've never known another. Are you sure you didn't see someone else cast magic on me?" the tressym mind-asked the woman. Could it be that she had some magical abilities that she was unaware of? Could that be why they were after her, whomever "they" are...
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Saoirse Fri May 21, 2010 12:12 am

WoTmaster wrote:"You've seen me do magic? I don't know how to do magic. I don't know if Tressym have any magical abilities, natural or otherwise... I've never known another. Are you sure you didn't see someone else cast magic on me?"

Saedda ruffled her blue ponytail with her fingers while her eyebrows crushed together in thought.

"I've not seen you do magic, as one might properly define it. I've neither heard, nor seen any evidence that you've been actively casting," she began quietly, then paused for a moment before continuing. "However! The two spell effects I saw in combat seemed identical to those produced by Shocking Grasp and Chill Touch. Neither of those spells can normally be cast upon someone to allow them to produce the effect. Also, I'm not sure if any of the others here are capable of casting those things on you. Perhaps Rodrick, though I've only seen him pull a Mount spell from his tattoo..."

The wizard phased out for a few seconds and she pondered again how he was able to create such wondrous things! She would simply HAVE to speak with him on the subject as soon as they had the opportunity! Could he draw them on others as well?!

She startled a bit when the half elf cleared his throat after he noticed her staring at him for a relatively uncomfortable amount of time. Saedda shot him a smile and a quick nod before returning her attention to her fluffy companion.

"Ahh...sorry about that... Anyway, that's why I was thinking that perhaps it was a natural ability of the Tressym! It so happens that have only met one," she grinned, "so I'm afraid I wouldn't know if that's common for them... We could certainly do some inquiring if you'd be so inclined! I would be quite pleased to help you discover any magical abilities you may not yet know you have!"

With budding excitment at the thought of aiding someone on their arcane journey, she very gently squeezed Bisera in a hug.
Saoirse
Saoirse

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri May 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Exploring the pictures and statues in the room had not brought the amount of joy to the young ranger as she had hoped. Her anger had long since subsided yet she found herself still distracted from her pursuit of the knowledge of things past. She suddenly realized that she couldn't remember a thing of the works of art she had just seen. Yes, something was certainly bothering her, there was no doubt about that. Willow sat down facing the lantern light across the room, her back against one of the partitions that she had been studying but to no avail. She needed to think, to clear her head and see if she could figure out what it was that would bother her so. An image sprang to mind. It was of the one they called Seadda, the blue haired girl doing joyous back-flips in the air while a blue hand covered the ranger's mouth. Suddenly Willow realized the joy Seadda had shown in that moment, there was no malice or ill intent, just pure joy. In her confusion Willow had misunderstood her. Then the words the ranger had said to Seadda came back to her.
I thought I might have found a friend in you, Seadda, but now you have lost my trust and I am upset with you.
Willow hung her head in shame. In her confusion she had said words that she did not truly mean. Of course Seadda still had her trust, she had done nothing wrong. Willow had just been startled, that was all. Why did I react so poorly to Seadda's spell? Willow's confusion grew as she tried to sort through all the thoughts in her head. She had seen more action and excitement in the past ten day then she had seen on the road these past three years. Oh dear, she thought I'm getting rather irrational. This is a sure sign that I have not been letting myself get proper rest. I need to watch myself with better care to see that this does not happen again.

Willow leaned her head back against the partition behind her as the light from her meager torch finally extinguished.

I had best apologized to Seadda for my behavior as well.

The ranger got up from where she was seated and picked her way through the low light to the other side of the room where the rest seemed to be setting up camp. She found the blue haired mage sitting next to Bisera near the light of the lantern. Seadda seemed to be saying something to the tressym so Willow decided it was best to wait and not interrupt. I have displayed enough incivility for one night, I imagine. A sheepish smile crossed the ranger's lips.When she noticed that Seadda had gone back to her writing the ranger quietly approached her and bent down on one knee in front of the mage. Clearing her throat Willow began in a humble tone.

"Seadda. Lady Seadda, I fear I have put myself in the position to crave your forgiveness."
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saoirse Sat May 22, 2010 11:33 am

As the genasi worked at penning the new spell into her spellbook, her mind was awash with plans of researching Tressym as soon as she could find a suitable library or perhaps someone with some kind of reliable knowledge on the matter. Here in Bluestitch though...she doubted it.... She'd been bound for Marsember but for some reason completely beyond her control the captain decided to dock here in this little village instead. Made no matter now, and she'd stumbled into some interesting circumstance here, so it was a fortunate detour. It had been a long time since she'd stayed in a proper city with a proper library. Too long.

Willow wrote:"Seadda. Lady Seadda, I fear I have put myself in the position to crave your forgiveness."

"Did you know that due to the forces of surface tension, it is possible to place up to thirty or more drops of water onto a copper piece, without the water spilling off the sides of it?" The wizard's eyes never looked up from her page as she continued. "The volume of water able to be placed on a copper vastly exceeds the volume of the actual coin. Some say that magic is like a liquid, flowing around and through everything in this world. If that's true, than Force magic is much like the cohesive force of surface tension between particles of liquid. Raw magic can be shaped or...aligned...to fuse together to form a strong bond. Once that bond is formed, the new creation can serve many different functions."

Saedda looked up at the ranger then, and while she wasn't smiling, her blue eyes nearly glowed with excitement. "That is what I do my dear. That is what brings me the greatest joy, and sometimes I forget that others may not appreciate the pure beauty of this force. What transpired earlier was a misunderstanding. If we manage to learn from misunderstandings without killing each other, than we can come to a place of understanding.

"I bear you no malice if that is your concern," she said, as a smile finally lifted the corners of her lips. She tipped her head slightly to Willow before returning to her scribing. "Oh, and I am no Lady. I hold no lands, no servants, and no titles." The word, yet was left unspoken...

"Saedda will suffice."
Saoirse
Saoirse

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Sat May 22, 2010 4:18 pm

Willow watched the mage intently as she told about water tension and magic. Some of what she said was foreign to the ranger but she tried to wrap her head around it as best she could. When Seadda looked up from the page she had been writing on Willow saw the passion in her eyes. Seadda loved what she did with magic. If only Willow had noticed that before, it might have helped to prevent the misunderstanding from ever happening. The ranger reached over to stroke Bisera's head as she crossed her legs under her settling in a more comfortable sitting position on the stone floor.
"I bear you no malice if that is your concern," she said, as a smile finally lifted the corners of her lips. She tipped her head slightly to Willow before returning to her scribing. "Oh, and I am no Lady. I hold no lands, no servants, and no titles." The word, yet was left unspoken...

"Saedda will suffice."
Willow hung her head. "No," she said smiling sheepishly, "I know that you meant me no harm. I know that now. I am ashamed of the words I said to you because I did not truly mean them. I am glad to see that they have not dampened your spirit, though they were harsh and unmannerly. Please know that you still have my trust, for you deserve my trust, having justifiably done nothing to persuade me otherwise."

Willow paused and then chuckled to herself. "Though I would appreciate notification before you cast any magic on me again, I will understand if you forget."

The ranger looked at the mage and smiled apologetically. She was in a strange place with strange people and yet somehow it all felt completely normal, at least for the time being. Willow stroked Bisera's head some more as she sat contemplating what Seadda had said about thirty drops of water fitting on a copper coin. How one could have such interest in things that seemed to have no effect on history she did not understand. And yet Willow felt joy as hope sprung up inside of her, hope that she may one day understand why Seadda cared so much about water on a copper.

Willow started to laugh. "You sure are a strange one, Seadda!" she said in her mirth. Willow looked around the room and saw the tressym, Roddrick and his tattoos and brightly colored hair and the knight in his rusted armor.

"But then," Willow struggled to hold back her amusement, "aren't we all a bit strange!"

Glanin is the only one who has a chance at being normal and yet he does not even know what normal for a dwarf looks like, Willow thought clutching at her sides as the laughter overcame her. They still ached slightly from the battle with the Mist but she didn't care. This felt good.

Last edited by TRU on Sat May 22, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didn't proof read well enough before posting)
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat May 22, 2010 4:27 pm

Though Sir Tobias had returned to mending his armor and sharpening his sword, he still payed close attention to the goings on around him. It would not be prudent to input his own opinions into the discussion, for the discussion was not about, or directed, at him. Still as the two young women mended the sudden rift between him he couldn't help the slight smile and found himself nodding in encouragment.

They were both good people, with their own seperate passions. Misunderstandings were unfortunate, but they must not be dwelt upon. If good wasted time and energy fighting itself... then who was keeping evil in check?
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Sun May 23, 2010 2:54 pm

Saedda wrote:"I've not seen you do magic, as one might properly define it. I've neither heard, nor seen any evidence that you've been actively casting," she began quietly, then paused for a moment before continuing. "However! The two spell effects I saw in combat seemed identical to those produced by Shocking Grasp and Chill Touch. Neither of those spells can normally be cast upon someone to allow them to produce the effect. Also, I'm not sure if any of the others here are capable of casting those things on you. Perhaps Rodrick, though I've only seen him pull a Mount spell from his tattoo..."

Bisera contemplated this while Willow came over and the two women talked. Rodrick. Saedda seemed to think that what he could do with his tattoos was magic. Perhaps he could help her understand what was happening to her. She had more questions about magic for the blue haired woman but didn't want to interrupt, she could ask her later.

Bisera enjoyed the head rub from Willow and then stood and stretched before launching herself into the air and heading over to mind-talk to Rodrick.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Under the Crypt Empty Rodrick "the freak" Silverhilt

Post  xarhelm Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Rodrick sat of by himself still not comfortable with his new companions completly. "it's odd.' he thought "I have never been the normal one in a group before." He slowly drew a design into a note book carefully watching the happening around him with a smirk. The quick little exchange between the two females of the group was intresting. Willow was upset about the casting of a brand new her. "At least she knows when a new spell is going happen. Half the time I have to apologoize and say I didn't know I could do that." At this he looked down at his sketch perfect to the last detail. a swarming mound of ants. He had to do this without looking since it would go onto his tounge. This was one of the spells he knew would come eventually summoning spells will come often. His master the wizard who first noticed unexplained abilities had told him so. He was about to get out his ink and needles when he noticed the tressam flying towards him. He cleared his mind of anythoughts he did not want it to know about. He knew it could mind talk but was unsure if it could read minds as well.
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 pm

Bisera found the tattooed man sketching by himself. She watched him as she approached and noticed he wasn't looking at what he was sketching. With amazement she saw that his image was a very well formed depiction of ants. Lots of them.

"Mew?" She said in greeting. "Rodrick? May I ask you a few questions please? I was speaking with Saedda about magic and she mentioned that what you do with your tattoo was casting the mount spell. How do you do that?" She had many questions but best to start small and simple. She didn't want to bother the man and become a nuisance.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  xarhelm Tue May 25, 2010 12:52 pm

"She is right my abilities are magical but they are different from her ability to cast spells. As for how I do it that is much more complicated to answer. Double diffiicult when you add in the fact that I do not complely understand it. The quick and very basic version is that Mages use the weave trying to control and manipulate it. They need cetain words and gestures and even materials to get it to do what they wish. Sorcerers are part of the weave it is in our blood. I cannot learn new spells as a mage would by studying scrolls. The weave tells me what I can do, what my focus is and what I cannot do. Usually my magic just develops on its own. I just discover new spells usually on accident. I have a number of amusing stories on how I discoverd some of my abilities, but those are better saved for a more lighthearted occasion."

Rodrick hoped that he had peaked the cats intrest. it had been a long time since he had a civil and intellegent conversation. Even if it was only in his head. This cat creature was far better than the two headed chicken at maintaining conversation.

So why the keen intrest in my magical abilities? I would think a creature with your abilities would already have a handle on how mine work.
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Wed May 26, 2010 11:33 pm

xarhelm wrote:So why the keen interest in my magical abilities? I would think a creature with your abilities would already have a handle on how mine work.

My abilities? Bisera thought. Seems everyone knows more about tressym than me!

"What abilities are you referring to? I just react to things. I can fly really well..." Bisera mind-spoke to him. "Saedda seems to think I can cast spells from this weave thing. She was talking about it too. So you use it for your magic too? Do you just think things and they happen? I don't know anything about sorcerers! Is that what you are?"

Bisera vaguely remembered hearing something about people who had magic in their veins. She considered all elves somewhat magical. She supposed tressym could be magical too. Could tressym be sorcerers? Was it Akiko's magic? She would have to learn more to try and figure this out.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum