Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 38 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:43 am
Latest topics
» A Journal Bearing the Adventures of Pathfinders
Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:25 pm by Colin Marcus

» For What It's Worth (Adanedhel's Story)
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Mother Knows Best
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» Draxthious' Father
Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» 3rd Watch, In Which Drax and Elle Have Feelings
Mon May 29, 2017 2:58 pm by TRU

» Letters from Derrack
Sat May 13, 2017 3:47 pm by TRU

» The "Bored at work" thread
Sun May 07, 2017 3:42 pm by TRU

» Post Mortem Discourse
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm by Colin Marcus

» Dulgar Foamblower
Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 am by Colin Marcus


Autumn 1372

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 pm

Arms crossed tightly in front of her, Ashara slid upright, eager to hear what the dwarf had to say. They would definitely have to leave out this particular point in the story when telling the tale to her parents... She wasn't entirely sure that she was too old for a good thrashing from her father, and while he'd be glad to hear that at least everyone was at least required to wear small clothes, Ebbard would hardly think this a decent activity for his daughter to be involved in... Probably would forbid her from visiting the Dalelands ever again! AFTER turning her over his knee of course...

Since it wasn't much of a secret any longer to where they were bound, the priestess decided they may as well glean what facts might be learned from their present company.

"Have you done much traveling in Cormanthyr, Toradur?" A certain amount of familiarity was afforded those you bathed with, and the dwarf was not at all shy about introducing himself moments after splashing in to join them. "We're heading in that direction ourselves and would appreciate any information you have, or anyone might have," she added to the other bathers, "of particularly troublesome beasties looking for meal...or worse."

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Tordur / Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:48 am

"Not a lot..." the dwarf admitted. "But I traveled to hillsfar a few times, and I know me some folk who've done a bit more then that... If ye stick to the road ye probably won't have no trouble... but it doesn't sound like ye plan to do that, do ye..."

"Not particularly," Elric conceded. He was uncomfortable talking about their destination. Perhaps it was just a holdover from Evereska. The elves were very particular about hearing who was wandering around their old homes... Here in the dales? He figured most of the wave of adventurers set on Myth Drannor, probably passed through this inn... Probably this very tub! That thought made him a little queasy.

"Yeah... you two look the type..." Tordur mumbled. "I'd recommend against it... Ain't enough people come back to make it a good bet... Two o' you alone... makes it that much unlikelier I'll be seein' ye again. Ye should've planned a party to go in..."

Elric raised his eyebrow at that. "Is that an offer?"

"What?? Me??? No no no... I ain't going to that city... too much dwarf blood spilled there. Shows what happens when ye leave yer mountains and interact with the others... That city's a warning, don't ye be doubtin"
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm

"That city was a symbol of hope. It is a symbol of hope..." Ashara smiled and sank back down into the bath, letting the heated water roll comfortingly over her shoulders.

"Myth Drannor was an example of the harmony that can be achieved...the greatness of civilization that can be reached when the goodly races work in cooperation with one another and put aside their prejudices! Yes, Evil has held sway over the ruins now for generations, but Darkness will always try to blot out the light. That doesn't mean we can't learn from the successes of the ancient city, and pray that one day the Dawn will find it again. Perhaps," she grinned, remembering the information Vailis had shared about the building of the Dawnspire, "that day isn't far off..."

The Seekers of the Dawn and their god-given mission was never far from her thoughts since the day she and Elric set out from Evereska. To think that she might soon speak personally with these faithful of the Morninglord further fueled her immense excitement about this quest they'd undertaken. To meet them... To learn from them... To actually SEE this legendary city with their own eyes and to stand before the Endless Dawn and seek the favor of Lathander himself!?

Ashara felt her heart pounding hard in her chest at the realization that they'd be entering the great forest tomorrow! When her internal musings came to an end, she looked up at the varied reactions of her fellow bathers and laughed aloud. Nods of agreement from some, vacant stares from others, and from across the bathtub, a single, arched, bushy eyebrow.

"I'm sorry," she chuckled, with an apologetic shake of her head. "I didn't mean to launch into a sermon or anything. It's just that...well, I feel strongly about the subject matter!" The young woman glanced up at her half elven husband and smiled brightly before turning her attention back to the dwarf.

"But certainly, Tordur, you can't believe that only bad things happen when you leave your mountains and interact with others. Just think! If you'd stayed at home, you wouldn't be sitting in this stew pot with seven other kind folk of differing heritage, sharing stories and a good soak!"

Many more laughs were to be found that evening since no one was overly eager to be the first one to climb out of the water, but eventually the hour grew late enough that it couldn't be avoided. The Everdawns would be on the road early, for tomorrow's evening would find them in Cormanthyr!

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:35 am

The next morning, the Everdawns continued east to the well wishes of their 'bath companions.' Despite Ashara's strong feelings, Tordur seemed convinced they'd never return. Elric smiled as he remembered what Eldorath had told him once. 'It was easier for the wind to change the face of a mountain... then it was for you to change the mind of the dwarf inside... Quicker too!'

They headed east along the Moonsea Ride, and despite the obvious road, Elric couldn't help but continually check the map. They knew that Myth Drannor was north of the fabled Standing Stone, which was located where the Rauthauvyr's Road branched south to the other 'dales.'

The first day's travel kept them in the open clearing, but by the second they were firmly into the ancient forest of Cormanthyr, the great empire of the Elves. The road winded around, straight enough for wagons, but always going around some of the largest, most ancient trees. Elric knew that this route must have been planned and approved by the elves... possibly Coronol Eltagrim himself!

They were on guard, but not overly so. The threats in the woods were minimal Tordur and the others had said. At least compared to the city. In the open woods they were warned of the typical forest dwelling monsters, bandits, and of course the occassional elf band. Rumors of a dragon or two... but what part of Faerun had they crossed without SOME risk...

As dark neared, they decided to camp. They should be approaching the Standing Stone in a few miles, but then their road ended. Best to continue that part of the journey in the sun. Trade roads are one thing... but wandering an unknown forest in the dark? Unwise...

Finding a clearing off the side of the trail wasn't difficult, As Elric was about to hop off his horse, a weak scream filled the air from further down the road.
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Ashara's horse startled upon hearing the scream, and the roan stallion half reared before the equally startled priestess was able to rein him in. Affectionately dubbed the elvish word for 'Glue', Himbar was fast though skittish. A bandit arrow to the hindquarter when they were traveling just west of the Lurkwood unfortunately broke him of much of his supposed "good training", but a couple of years on the road of adventure will certainly teach a person to become a competent rider.

One hand patted the horses neck to calm him as the other found itself almost immediately upon Dawnspeaker's glassteel haft. The holy mace granted her the ability to light up the surrounding area one hundred and twenty feet in all directions, but if the scream was merely a ploy to lead them into a trap surrounded by bandits, the light would do no more than drive them further into the trees. Keep it dark for now. Perhaps if they were indeed bandits then they would get within range of Elric's vision.

Tucking her glowing medallion beneath her cloak so only a little light would shine out, Ashara trotted her horse up to stand beside Elric's. He'd also slipped his holy symbol beneath his shirt so as not to interfere with his infravision.

"Bandits?" she whispered to her husband, as she tugged her enchanted Gloves of Missile Snaring more firmly onto her hands. "Either way, we've got to check. We are after all, the type that runs towards the screaming..." A nervous grin flitted across her face as she fruitlessly scanned the treeline again. If either of them were in immediate danger, Sacred Guardian would have triggered, and it hadn't. Yet.

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Elric

Post  Colin Marcus on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Elric just shook his head with uncertainty. The scream sounded human, male, and a bit down the road. Whatever it was, it was out of his sight... Carefully they road a bit furthere, and there in the road lay the warm outline of a man.

"There!" The half-elf pointed for his wife's benefit. Moving closer he switched to normal vision in hopes of seeing more. The man was about a half foot shorter than Elric, and had short curly brown hair flopping in the dirt of the road. In another circumstance he may have been considered handsome.

He was in trouble. His clothes were covered in blood, some still seeming from his side. The bloody shortsword lying nearby seemed to be either the cause or the result of his trying to fight back. A groan let the would be rescuers know he was still alive. At least they had that going for them.

Whatever had happened, hadn't happened long ago. The wound was still fresh, and Elric continued scanning the trees. The enchantment on his ring hadn't gone off yet, but that did little to ease his concern. One thing he'd discovered, was when the ring decided something was dangerous, it didn't give you much time to respond.
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Trusting Elric and his superior skills to keep an eye out for potential ambush, Ashara swung quickly down from her horse to kneel at the wounded man's side. He seemed barely conscious and was losing blood quickly, so she wasted no time in aiding him. A quick prayer of healing uttered, a careful hand pressed to his side, and the blood stopped flowing.

"I am a priestess of Lathander," she said announcing herself to the bloodied man as she picked through his cloak and shirt to get a better look at the wound. It looked to have been a single piercing injury probably from that short sword lying next to him. Fortunately nothing vital was hit... Not knowing what she was dealing with initially, Ashara had only used a minor healing spell to ensure that he was well stabilized before questioning him but it seemed that single spell had knitted him up fairly well.

Hmm... The offending weapon lying near the victim. A single wound placed where it wouldn't hit any vital areas...

Suspicion darkened the young woman's features. Could he have caused this injury to himself to lure them here into a trap? Maybe he just stabbed himself a little TOO deeply... She hoped she was wrong, but Ashara's concerned gaze shifted momentarily to the half elf who was already very much on guard.

"Can you tell us what happened here," she asked the wounded man warily. "Who did this to you?"

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Irlon

Post  Colin Marcus on Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:03 am

"They came... out of nowhere..." the man whispered. His bloody hand resting on her arm. "I never... never saw them coming." Ashara found herself leaning forward to hear him better. "Thank you Morninglord..." Suddenly the man's hand grabbed the top of her breastplate and pulled her in, crushing her lips to his.

As he released her the startled priestess suddenly got an image of an arrow flying directly toward her husband. Elric was scanning the treelines, and too far away to intercede, so she simply shouted "ARROWS!" Just as her enchanted gloves snaked out and caught one that was aimed for her.

Elric spun low and felt the feathered shaft fly by, As he did he saw an image of steel slid from sheath. "KNIFE!" he responded. Turning he was surprised to see her clutching an arrow. Apparently while she was wearing those gloves, his ring didn't consider those a 'danger'...

As Elric shouted his warning the man on the ground made his move. He tightened his grip and twisted, rolling the priestess over him as a dagger slid from the sheath attached to his arm. Off balance, hand still clutching the arrow. Ashara found herself slammed on her back with a dagger held precariously above her.

"Weapons DOWN... NOW!" the 'victim' screamed.
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:45 pm

Lying pinned on the ground, a seething Ashara stared daggers at the curly haired bandit who threatened her with his own.

A clever scheme... It smacked a bit of desperation to her though. Stabbing himself and taking it on faith that the priestess of the pair (that he must of scouted previously), would take the risk of healing an unknown bleeding man lying in the road? As it was, the man ran his sword a little too deeply, and could have bled out. Unless of course he had some means of healing himself in case the ruse didn't work... If the bandits were in overwhelming numbers, would the man, who was obviously inexperienced in self-mutilation, have chanced it when they could just attacked in force? She doubted it. Two lone travelers rarely evoked much fear in bandits.

Ashara dropped the arrow clutched in her hand as a show of compliance, though complying with this rogue's demands was the furthest thing from her mind and Dawnspeaker never left her grasp.

"Get up," the priestess Dictated in a snarl, her voice laden with divine power. "Drop YOUR weapons, and tell your companions to stand down."

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Re: Autumn 1372

Post  Colin Marcus on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:33 pm

The rogue quickly climbed off the prone priestess and dropped the dagger held in his hand, and the second dagger he'd been drawing from his belt.

"C'mon out guys... We're standing down!"

Elric had his hand on his sword belt, ready to drop it, when he realized Ashara had the situation well in hand.

A bubbly feminine chuckle came from the trees behind them, and a second volley of Arrows from in front were the only response from his compatriots. One came too near Ashara as she regained her feet, and she deftly plucked it from the air again. The other Elric twisted from easily.

This time, Elric saw a glimpse of heat from the archer. Human male, Little over 6'. Quietly he just pointed at the tree the man hid behind.
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:13 pm

As her hand shot out to snatch the arrow from its flight, the priestess kicked the daggers out of the man's reach and backed a few paces from him.

From Elric's gesture toward the trees, she had no doubt that the threat from the archer would soon be neutralized, so she turned her attention back behind them toward where she heard that giggle. A quick spell cast at the area outlined a young woman about Ashara's age, in flickering red flames.

"You really should listen to your friend here," she called out to the woman. She appeared to be a few inches shorter than the priestess, with long brown hair, and the light flitting over her face as she peeked from behind a tree, marked her to likely be related to the curly haired bait.

"Hmm...brother then maybe?" Ashara guessed as she moved slowly toward the trees. "I wonder, did he stab himself or did you do it for him as a helpful sister might? Either way, no one else needs to get injured here, so just come out and we'll discuss this civilly."

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

The masked Mar

Post  Colin Marcus on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:18 am

Ilueth Dragonil cursed under her breath. This wasn't going as planned. Started well enough though. Irlon had the pretty priestess pinned and the doting half-elf was sure to comply to their demands... Now Irlon had backed off, and was diving for his sword, while his sister was lit like a signal torch. Faerie fire apparently, because Llurella didn't seem concerned. Though the way her dagger spun harmlessly past the priestess, meant she'd be next to useless today...

She watched as the half elf charged toward where Gaurldar was hidden, and had a bad feeling about this. She debated for a moment whether the profit was worth the risk. This mark had been Irlon's idea, having overheard them in the White Hart... Seeing the priestess, she could guess what had drawn his attention... Of course after seeing the half-elf in person... She almost wished 'she' volunteered to be bait.

Still...their marks after all were going TO Myth Drannor, not coming back loaded with treasure... Of Course, few went in without enough magic to think they could survive... Considering there were only the two of them, and they had already turned the tide of the fight... the loot must be immense. It was easier picking people off on the journey, then braving the city themselves. Easier AND safer...

From her shroud of Improved Invisibility the wizardess waved her fingers and sent forth a handful of energy missiles. Trusting in Gaurldar to handle the fighter... and not wanting to damage him too badly she admitted with a grin, she only sent one bolt at him. The other four made a beeline straight for the priestess who had disrupted their ambush.

With enchanted boots, Elric was leaping toward the archer, when he felt a slight thud in his back and saw the Brooch of Shielding that Gwilly had given him flash. Silently, he again thanked the pixie who had given him the 'shiny gift'.

He knew he had the fighter at a disadvantage, but apparently so did Gaurldar. The fighter had dropped the bow after Ashara had caught the second arrow, and retrieved his trusty Halberd. Expecting a charge, he quickly braced the polearm. However he had misjudged the height of the half-elf's leap.

Elric's foot slammed into the fully armored warrior doing minimal damage but driving him back a few feet. Bandits in full plate, he shook his head in frustration. This may take more time, then he wanted to devote to it...
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 am

Ashara suddenly found herself being threatened from three sides, and she she saw the man reaching for his bloodied short sword, she mentally scolded herself for not wording that Dictate more effectively.

If the woman to the south continued to chuck poorly thrown daggers in her direction, there was little to worry about from her. Especially with the Gloves of Missile Snaring picking off any that managed to get close. From the sound of the metallic crash to the north, it seemed that Elric had the archer well in hand, so the priestess was about to turn her attention to the curly haired bandit when she saw four blue spheres of force flying at her from the east!

Grimacing against the stinging and unavoidable blows, she sent a Whisper to her husband.

Wizard to the east. I can't see him...

Unfortunately she hadn't seen the exact point from which the missiles had come, so she'd have to keep one eye in that direction. Wizards could prove more problematic, but unless she had a general idea where the fellow was standing, she wasn't going to start throwing spells out blindly into the darkness...

Already the Regenerative Heal was at work knitting the damage from the Missiles when Ashara began a casting of her own aimed at the man with the sword.

He was sprinting towards her when suddenly his body went rigid and froze in place. His eyes shifted around nervously as he realized the predicament he was in. This fellow was officially out of the fight, and Ashara turned her attention to the woman and the unseen wizard.

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Re: Autumn 1372

Post  Colin Marcus on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:07 pm

Elric's sword flashed and scratched against the bandit's plate mail, and though he kept the man's attention, he couldn't quite find the weak spot he so desperately wanted. Hearing Ashara's whisper, he quickly scanned the treeline while sending a kick out to the warrior. Seeing nothing with his infravision he began to realize how much trouble they may be in. Ashara surrouned by three and him pounding on the tin can, it could get interesting.

Suddenly his ring activated again sending him an image of a Lightning bolt. Spinning quickly he saw where the bolt originated just as blue Electricity started to dance across his wife's armor. "FOUR!!!" He screamed out hoping she remembered their training practice. He saw her turn her head in the right direction and spun back to his own opponent.

Gaurldar didn't waste the distraction. Knowing the half-elf was seeing him in the dark had him at a distinct disadvantage, the seasoned warrior tried to even the field. Elric turned toward the warrior and let out a growl of pain, as Gaurldar unwrapped the continual light stone right in the half-elf's face. Daylight and Infravision being a bad mix, Elric barely heard the Halbred swing in. Still for the master of Salk-Sirra, the burning watery eyes were more of a distraction then the actual blindness.

Ilueth's cry of triumph turned into a growl of frustration. The lightning bolt didn't drop the priestess as she'd hoped it did, and the way she looked at her she knew her position was given away. As she watched the morninglord deftly snag another dagger out of the air, she knew they'd lost. Irlon was out of the fight, Llurella was useless, Gaurldar was making enough noise, but not enough to suit her. She herself was rapidly running out of spells. Well... she admited to herself. Spells that wouldn't kill Irlon too, Still if sacrifices needed to be made...

No, she decided, even if she did blast the priestess to pieces, it would invariably ruin the loot. The battle wasn't worth fighting anymore. Still invisible, it should be easy enough to slip away, and regroup with whoever survives later. Hiking up her robe she started to move carefully deeper into the woods.

She made it one step... maybe two, before her robe caught on a twig. Desperately she kicked it free, only to be snagged on something else. Fear growing in her she tried to force her way through, but the forest itself had answered the priestess' call. Vines, grass, even the trees themselves entwined around her. As she felt her hands and body immobilized she was suddenly very, very afraid....
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:57 am

With electricity still jolting through her body, arcing around her armor and between the two metal bands that held her braids in place, Ashara somehow managed to release a spell of Entanglement in the area from which the bolt had originated. If she managed to snare that troublesome wizard she'd have Elric to thank for it!

Light erupted from the north as Ashara's right hand flicked out to snatch another dagger that had been flung in her direction. It was just at the edge of that illumination that she could see the vegetation flailing about and wrapping tightly around...an invisible form...

Got him!

Or at least she did for a moment...

As soon as the priestess began a new casting, the limbs and vines that had once contained the wizard suddenly lost its prey and began waving around looking for another target to embrace. Teleportation was great when you had access to it. Not so great when your opponents did...

Shouting in frustration, Ashara turned her ire on the woman charging her from the south. She must have run out of daggers, or at least given up on them. The priestess rushed to meet her, sending Dawnspeaker crushing into the rogue's leather-protected ribs, which unfortunately for her did little good against the holy weapon. Nearly weightless, it took very little effort for Ashara to reverse the momentum and score a glancing blow at the opposite hip. The woman remained undeterred. It was her brother that had been held, and it was in protection of him that she pressed the attack.

The priestess raised Dawnspeaker over her head just as the rogue came in stabbing out with her short sword and finding a connection between the plates beneath Ashara's arm, but the hit wasn't solid enough to stop the mace's decent.

A glassteel sphere of shimmering light landed squarely on the woman's right shoulder shattering through bone just before her sword fell to the ground with her arm now hanging useless at her side.

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Elric / Masked Marauders

Post  Colin Marcus on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Guarldar was in trouble and he knew it... Blinding the half-elf was the last trick he had left, and the results were minimal at best. Traditionally he didn't like interference in his fights, but today he wouldn't complain. No help seemed to be coming though, the siblings seemed to have their hands full with the priestess and the wizard... odds are she'd already left!

This should have gone smoother, they'd be lucky if any of them survived this. He growled as the half-elf's whispered something in dwarven. Like lightning his blade found three chinks in his armor and came away dripping red. He was outclassed and he knew it. He dropped the halberd and snatched up his sword and poison laced dagger. If he could just nick him, he may still have a chance!

His target however was so bloody fast!!! the fighter couldn't seem to keep track of where he was... darting in and out. Dodging and blocking... Damn frustrating!! Every time he swung he caught nothing but air.

Back at the road, Llurella screamed in agony as her sword went spinning to the ground. What little consolation she took from knowing she scored a hit, was lost in the pain. Disarmed, she carefully started backing away

Slowly with her one arm cradling the other she tried a different tactic, "Ok... Ok... you win... I'll ummm... just umm.. go now, we can all just go our own separate ways... Ok?? No harm... no foul... "

Seeing Llurella cower like the useless thing she was, Gaurldar knew the battle was lost. Even if the poison took hold, he couldn't fight them both. Not alone... As the half-elf's blade came flurrying in once again, he made his decision, he threw his dagger hoping for the best and just ran into the forest.

Elric easily ducked the knife, and blinked as he saw the man disappear into the forest. He made it three steps, before he realized it may be another trick to separate them. "Mine's running!" he whispered to Ashara, "How are you doing?"

avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:06 am

Ashara stayed her hand as the woman started backing away.

"Ok... Ok... you win... I'll ummm... just umm.. go now, we can all just go our own separate ways... Ok?? No harm... no foul... "

"You may as well stay and wait for your brother," the priestess said, sliding Dawnspeaker back into its place at her hip. "We have no intention of killing you unless you push us to do so, and I doubt you'll last the night alone in your state as you'll be glowing like that for another hour or so. Think of all the unwanted attention you'll attract in the darkness!

"There are bandits in this here forest you know!" She added with a smirk, and a withering glare.

An image of a dagger flying at her husband alerted her that the danger was not yet over. Usually while casting, Ashara would have to try and 'tune out' most of the visuals that Sacred Guardian would send her. When in combat, Elric was always in danger! The images could quickly become overwhelming and too distracting to focus on her spells, but it seemed that for now her combat had come to an end.

His Whisper came just as she was about contact him. "Mine's running! How are you doing?"

"Things are under control," she responded, while waiting for the woman to choose her fate. I think the mage Teleported away. Do feel free to run down the archer if you like, I'm quite fine here.

Once she'd finished relaying the state of things on her end, Ashara laid it out plainly for the rogue who was with good reason, concerned about either course of action...

"Look..." The priestess stated, gesturing with her palms upraised. "If you run, you'll be grievously injured and could very well die. If you stay, you will live, though rest assured you'll be tied up. It's your choice."

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Elric / Masked Marauders

Post  Colin Marcus on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:15 am

Elric nodded once and took off into the forest. He could hear the archer's footsteps in the distance leading him on a wild twisting path, but couldn't see him with or without the infravision. Elric swore quietly in pixish. On open ground he'd have caught this guy by now. In here... with the trees closing fast, and the darkness settling in, the boots were too dangerous to consider. Soon the footsteps went silent.

Elric stopped immediately and fell into a crouch. Was he walking into another trap? He closed his eyes and opened his senses up to the forest. Sounds filled his ears. He heard the wind whistling through the leaves, trees creaking under the strain of a raccoon above him, but of a heavily armored man running? Nothing.

Suddenly he caught a whiff of old smoke. Intrigued his eyes snapped open, and he turned hard to his left. After a few more minutes of travel, he came upon an freshly used campsite. The fire was cold, and the bedrolls (all four of them,) were packed and ready to go. Of the owners, he saw nothing.

"Gahhh... I lost him! " he whispered with a growl. "I found their camp, but it's empty..."

Suddenly a sting of fear shot through him. He didn't know this forest... and he hadn't been paying THAT close attention during the chase... Finding his way to the road may be an issue.

"I'm coming back... "

As the fighter left the camp behind him, two of the trees would have sighed in relief if possible. Ilueth had teleported back to the rendevous point as agreed, and would have waited for the others. Guarldar led one of them right to her! She should have left him but she still had some loyalty to the leader of the Masked Marauders. One quick spell later and there where the two bandits had stood, now two trees stood. One couldn't ask for a better disguise in the forest. As for the two left behind? They knew the score if you got caught or killed...

Meanwhile, back at the camp, the female bandit looked back and forth between her frozen brother and the priestess who may have crippled her. The morninglord was right. Lit up like a candle was no way to spend a night in Cormanthyr... But to surrender?? She knew what she would do to enemies who had surrendered... but clergy of Lathander? She really wasn't up on her deities.

What would she do to them? Just tie them up? Leave them here? Kill them? Llurella didn't think so... If this priestess was the bloodthirsty type, then there wasn't much she could do to stop her... and Irlon would offer even less resistance!

She promised tying up... hopefully that was the worst of it. It offered the best chance of possible escape, or at least escaping with their lives... She choked back a scream and a trickle of blood ran down the lip she was biting as she held out both her good arm and her broken one. Wrists together she surrendered.

"Ok... I'm done... tie me up if it pleases you..." Maybe... if she didn't cause any more trouble... she may even get healed like Irlon...
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:11 am

"If it pleases me?!" Ashara stared at the woman incredulously as she pulled a length of silk rope from the haversack. "What would please me would be to have the chance to enjoy a meal and a pleasant conversation around the campfire with my husband. But no... Instead we get to share our fire with you and your lecherous brother who would just as soon stab us in the back as look at us if it would net you some coin!"

In spite of her harsh words, the priestess was careful not to hurt the woman more than was necessary as she pulled her hands behind her back and bound her tightly.

Night had fallen fully by the time Ashara had tied the rogue woman securely to a tree a few yards off the trail where they would be setting camp. That broken shoulder would be mended in the morning. She had no intention of making it easier for the bandits to escape, and with the Wards that would be put up that evening, the siblings wouldn't be going anywhere without being blinded or paralyzed.

Sacred Guardian had sent her no warnings regarding Elric's safety, but she was beginning to worry and hoped he'd return soon. In the meantime, the curly-haired bandit was nearing the end of his Hold spell...

Ashara moved deliberately over to the fleshy statue, irritated that she had to deal with this man at all. He'd taken advantage of her desire to help those in need, then followed it immediately by a physical affront that she wasn't about to just brush off.

Standing before him in a fighting stance, the priestess measured him for a moment before throwing a right cross at his mouth, drawing her power from the hip just as Elric had taught her. It connected solidly, splitting his lip open and bloodying his shirt even further.

"That was for the kiss," she hissed at him as she stepped in more closely to him.

The priestess smiled and rested her hands on his shoulders. "And this is so you remember never to try that with anyone, ever again..." Gripping him tightly, Ashara drove her mithril plated knee violently into the man's groin as she released the spell. The bandit was too busy writhing and groaning in agony to put up a fight while she bound his hands securely behind his back.

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Llurella

Post  Colin Marcus on Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Llurella almost smirked as she saw her brother getting roughed up by the priestess. As the heist was his idea, and he'd been useless the whole fight, she entirely blamed him for their current situtation. Of course it wasn't the first time the fool's lips had gotten him in trouble, and knowing him... he'd probably think it was worth it!

The agony in her arm however... That was NOT worth it! Maybe she could try to smooth the priestess over... "What... What do you plan to do with us??" She whimpered through her pain. "We weren't going to hurt anyone... "
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:02 pm

"Oh, I suppose those arrows aimed at us were just for show then!" Sarcasm dripped from the priestess' recently avenged lips, as she dragged the bandit brother to a separate tree about five feet from his sister. Ashara had taken a bit of hurt herself in the fight what with the Lightning and Missiles and all, and even that woman had managed to sneak the point of her sword into the chain beneath her plates. Thankfully Regenerative Heal had taken care of that. A point which annoyed her further... She hadn't prepared that spell today to replace any that might be lost.

"To answer your question, I don't know what we're going to do with you," Ashara replied honestly, as she lashed the man to the tree with her second segment of silken rope. "There are a couple of options, which I will be discussing with my husband when he returns. Speaking of which..." She scanned the treeline with mounting concern. "If something has happened to him, or your archer friend so much as scratched him, I'm holding the two of you personally responsible!" Jerking a little too hard on the rope around the man's chest, only served to emphasize her point.

Once she was through binding them, hands and feet around their own separate tree trunks, Ashara began taking out some dried fish to be rehydrated in the stew she'd planned on making for the evening...now with four portions of course... "Until we decide what the plan is, we're all going to have a hot dinner and discuss some of your poor life choices."

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Irlon

Post  Colin Marcus on Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:22 am

"Things... ehhh... " Irlon winced as the rope tightened. "Things kind of got out of hand... I'll admit. But we never planned to 'hurt' you... or your.. umm.. husband. In fact... If things had gone as planned, we MAY have saved your lives!!!"

Llurella winced as her brother started talking. His little stunt hadn't exactly ingratiated himself to the priestess, and if anything, reminding her he existed was the quickest way to a smiting.
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:14 am

"Oh, indeed!" Ashara laughed sharply. "I'd love to hear what your plan was exactly... Certainly you don't just lie in the middle of the road all day long bleeding out until some do gooder happens by to heal you! You must have known we were coming. Please, enlighten me on how you intended on saving our lives by robbing us and pelting us with arrows."

Keeping one eye on the bandits, she returned to the meal preparations.

"Let's hope you're better at lying than you are at kissing."

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Irlon

Post  Colin Marcus on Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Irlon's jaw dropped in a hurt expression. "Y'know..." he said recovering quickly and putting a mischevious smirk in place. "Not everyone shares your opinion..."

Llurella rolled her eyes. Did the idiot really think he'd be able to sweet talk his way out of trouble? While she'd admit that her brother had left many women swooning, most women didn't split his lip in retaliation! A blind women could see the priestess wouldn't fall for it.

"Now... While it's true, I may have been a bit... aggressive when we met. Believe me, I would never have even nicked such a pretty neck as yours... " He tried to smile at her, but the effect was ruined as he spit a glob of blood.

"I was trying to HELP you..." He may have realized how stupid that sounded, and he tried to explain. "When I saw you at the White Hart, I said to myself... 'Self, There is a beautiful woman'. I replied, 'Yes, she is... but did you hear where they're going? Myth Drannor... That cursed city of fell evil that's destroyed many a mortal life...

"Well I couldn't let THAT happen, COULD I?!? How could I sleep at night knowing that I had allowed, such a sweet thing to go off and suffer gods know what at the hands of demons and monsters... Couldn't do it! I said..."

Llurella let her head thud into the tree as she listened to the rant. Maybe she should have just left him... The travelers 'probably' wouldn't have hurt him TOO badly... No more than the rambling idiot deserved. At least SHE'D be free.

"So again... I said to myself, What would make such a delicate thing follow that half-elf into the Woods of Doom... What could I POSSIBLY say to steer them from their path... Nothing, I decided... Nothing I could say with my poor tongue could possibly save your life..."

"But Self, I said... What if they didn't have their equiptment?? All those pretty swords and rings and such that they must have to make them brave the city... SURELY, if they didn't have their gear, they wouldn't POSSIBLY attempt so foolhardy a scheme..."

He took a deep breath and smiled the most winning smile he could manage with the bloody lip. "So ye see... I did it all to save you!!"
avatar
Colin Marcus
Admin

Posts : 1796
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 40
Location : Impresk

Back to top Go down

Ashara

Post  Penelope on Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Ashara blinked at the man. Once. Slowly. Maybe she punched him a bit too hard? Were his eyes dilated? Elric would be so proud!

"That is just so...selfless," she sighed girlishly, pressing her hands against her mithril plated chest. The priestess rose to her feet and came closer to the tree he was hugging to get a better look at him. Just to be sure he didn't have a concussion... "To think that you would have risked your life, actually running yourself through with your own sword, to save the lives of two strangers!"

Kneeling down beside him, she smiled her most winning smile. "So brave...," she whispered. "And you're right people will do foolhardy things when they feel overconfident with the magical equipment they carry. Just as they do foolhardy things when they are trying to acquire magical equipment..."

By the way this roguish fellow carried on, Ashara had to believe that he was used to getting what he wanted. Especially from women who might mistake his lies and flattery for charm... She wasn't sure how he hoped to better his situation here, but he was quickly heading in the opposite direction.

"You know," she said, cocking her head to the side slightly," I think I should return the favor and save you and your sister from doing something foolhardy that might just get YOU killed." She reached over and pulled an amulet from around his neck, then started patting him down looking for any weapons or items he might use against them during the night. Aside from the amulet, there were six darts and a steel flask in a boot sheath, presumably some sort of healing potion, though she didn't check. He also had a small coin pouch, which she left on him after ensuring that there was indeed only coin inside.

_________________
Carpe DM
avatar
Penelope

Posts : 1202
Join date : 2009-09-19
Location : Sandpoint

Back to top Go down

Re: Autumn 1372

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum