The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Fireside Chats - Page 10 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Fireside Chats

5 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Fireside Chats - Page 10 Empty Sarala Medvyed

Post  Sarala Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:42 pm

"How would I have handled what? The stabbing incident? Probably rashly. You saw how I was when Dracean was repeatedly disrespectful toward you. But to watch you get stabbed in the neck? I would have flipped! I'm kind of glad that I wasn't there." Sarala's words were frank and honest. She placed the last coil of rope in her bag and looked up at Thad. She could tell just by his voice that he was troubled. The look on his face confirmed it. Who wouldn't be troubled when someone they trust turns on them in what seemed to be an act of malicious violence. She sighed and pursed her lips.

"Yes, I believe Wynn. I believe that she never intended to harm you. If you want to know what I think, well... I think she gave your neck a bit of a scar, but the unseen scar she holds is older and uglier from repeated wounds...

"Still, trust is going to be an issue from here on out, I can imagine." Sarala gave him concerned look. "How are you doing with all this? What are your thoughts?"
Sarala
Sarala

Back to top Go down

Fireside Chats - Page 10 Empty Thaddeus Medvyed

Post  Thaddeus Medvyed Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:54 pm

Thaddeus relaxed visibly as if he'd shrugged off a heavy winter cloak.

"I believe her too. I can't picture a world where she would have intentionally come at me like that... and I sensed no evil, charms, or lies in her story. I went with my gut and I believe her.

"However, I can't tell you what a relief it is to hear it from you too. Just because I believe her... doesn't always mean that I should. I don't suppose it's a surprise that I have a certain... blind spot around friends and family. It wouldn't be out of character to trust a little too openly and have it turn around and bite me.

"As for trust issues?" The king was quiet as he tried to get a read on Sarala. "Do you think you'll be able to see past it? If she was under something else's control or magic was involved... then it could happen to anyone. I... suspect her dreams and visions may make her more vulnerable then others, but there are spells out that could have even you turn on me. I hope that we can get things back to the way they were without too much heartache."
Thaddeus Medvyed
Thaddeus Medvyed

Back to top Go down

Fireside Chats - Page 10 Empty Sarala Medvyed

Post  Sarala Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:10 pm

"Yeah, I know magic messes with people, I'm not stupid." Sarala rolled her eyes at Thaddeus, thinking how ridiculous that he had asked such a question. Hadn't she just spent the majority of the day up in Wynnsaren's room? She glanced up, caught the look of concern on Thad's face and realized that now was the time to show him a little grace. She had already forgotten just how much he would have to deal with. How great would the fallout among their citizens be over this very public attempt on his life?

"I'm sorry," she spoke softly, trying again to see things from his perspective. "That didn't come out right. Yes, I can see past it. Yes, I do trust Wynn... for the most part, that is. There are still some shaky bits in my head but I'll get over it." She smiled sheepishly at Thad. "Am I really so bad at this trust thing that you have to ask these kinds of questions?"
Sarala
Sarala

Back to top Go down

Fireside Chats - Page 10 Empty Thaddeus Medvyed

Post  Thaddeus Medvyed Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Thaddeus shrugged noncommittally. "Sometimes... Sometimes not. I know you and Paido were the last to trust her in the beginning. I just want to see how things stand now."

He frowned slightly as he considered the situation from various angles. "Also, as much as I hate to say it, just because she didn't mean to do it, doesn't mean it won't happen again. A few shaky bits may still be warranted.

"Whoever or whatever this Dreamwalker is... He came close today. We have to be on guard..."
Thaddeus Medvyed
Thaddeus Medvyed

Back to top Go down

Fireside Chats - Page 10 Empty Re: Fireside Chats

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum