The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Letter to Gustavous EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Letter to Gustavous EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Letter to Gustavous EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Letter to Gustavous EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Letter to Gustavous EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Letter to Gustavous EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Letter to Gustavous EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Letter to Gustavous EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Letter to Gustavous EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Letter to Gustavous

Go down

Letter to Gustavous Empty Letter to Gustavous

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:53 am

Lamashan 8th 1311

Greetings to Gustavous.

Greetings from Novastasia. I have often wondered how you fared. I would have sent word to you sooner, but was uncertain of your current whereabouts.

Today our brother Coranious came to visit. It is from him that I heard you were at Stoneclimb awaiting his return.

The meeting did not go well, and I suspect he will be home soon. I suspect his temper will not have cooled by his arrival.

I know not what you have heard of my recent endeavors, nor do I know what kind of spin our brother chose to give them.

I had hoped our eventual meeting would have led to reconciliation, however, it seems he is still as upset as when we left over a year ago.

As you undoubtedly know, Sarala and I went to clear the stolen lands of bandits, as did many other bands. In payment, we were given the rights to rule these lands as we see fit.

It has been a difficult year, with many battles to stake this claim, but it has all been worth it.

Ever eager for peace, Novastasia has opened its borders to those who also seek peace. A place where those who wish to avoid the terror of war can hopefully find a home and prosperity.

As such, Cor's demand that I 'owe' King Surtova and 'must' perpetuate an attack on people who have shown me no hostility has in fact fallen on deaf ears.

You can only imagine some of the words spoken, but know that this time, only words were hurled. I suspect that Cor was disappointed in that, but he left here angry though unharmed.

I fear it may be some time before we speak amiably again.

Novastasia will remain neutral in the inevitable Civil War. It is what I have promised my people, and I can not in good faith abuse that trust.

This decision and my current relationship with Lord Medvyed in no way reflects my love and affection for you or Tharali.

Indeed I would welcome any visits you wished to partake and would love to hear more of your wife and children. Any time you wish to commune with us know that my doors are open and you will be received with all the honor you deserve.

However, we are an independent nation now, and bend no knee to King Surtova or any Oblovsky or Lebedas. The war stops at the South Rostland Road.

I welcome you as a brother, not as an allying nation.

I hope to hear from (or see) you soon.

Your Brother,

Thaddeus Medvyed.

Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum