The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Family Councils EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Family Councils EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Family Councils EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Family Councils EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Family Councils EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Family Councils EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Family Councils EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Family Councils EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Family Councils EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Family Councils

3 posters

Go down

Family Councils Empty Family Councils

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:07 pm

12th Erastus 4712

It was a long journey home, but in Thaddeus' mind it wasn't long enough. His mind was everywhere and nowhere, and before he knew he was riding up to the familiar sight of his castle.

There was little joy in the sight though. As his illusionary horse disappeared people came out of the woodwork demanding his attention. Some more preferable than others, but all distractions on an already overburdened mind.

Wynnsaren had returned from Mivon with news of an elven meeting and the availability of Mivon's mercenaries.

The bird he had sent to Lord Varn had returned unread. That news did not bode well for his few confirmed allies to the east.

Henri practically jumped the king with news about the influx of refuges and a thousand details about the care that earned him a glare from Thaddeus he rarely used outside righteous combat. The castellan stuttered a moment before falling silent and stepping back.

"Very well..." Thaddeus stated in an annoyed voice. "The bird will keep till tomorrow. Wynn, I want to hear everything you have to tell, but could you meet me near my shrine in about... three, better make it four hours."

Looking over his shoulder he saw his sister trying to make a subtle exit. The sylph had been silent the entire trip home, and Thad needed to speak with her. Preferably without the entire castle in attendance.

"Henri. When Sir Tambor arrives back, tell him that I need to speak with him immediately. In the meantime, Have some dinner sent to my office.

"Sarala, if you'd join me..." He turned his back on the awaiting assemblage and strode determinedly to his sanctuary.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Family Councils Empty Sarala Medvyed

Post  Sarala Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Cringing inwardly, the sylph followed her brother on into the castle, through the halls and back into the king's private chambers. Normally she would have been relieved to talk through the recent events with her brother. He was one who understood her best and he was ever a patient listener, a solice when her thoughts were in turmoil.

But today she  wished to keep her inner turmoil to herself. She had hoped to slip away once reaching the city. Unfortunately the fog that had surrounded her brother since the meeting with the fey queen had cleared right when she had sought her escape. Now she was stuck. Her brother, the king, wished to see her...privately. It really wasn't a big deal, she thought to herself, just a quick chat between siblings. Despite her self-assurances her stomach continued to tie into knots.

She licked her lips before asking the most obvious question. "So... um... what did you want to see me about?"

Last edited by Sarala on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Sarala
Sarala

Back to top Go down

Family Councils Empty Thaddeus Medvyed

Post  Thaddeus Medvyed Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 pm

It didn't take long to get a small fire going in the fireplace. Even in a drafty castle, the fire wasn't needed in Erastus, but Thaddeus felt an unfamiliar chill that he couldn't shake.

Standing with hands on the hearth and gazing at the flickering flames, he found himself answering his sister in a harsher tone than he had intended.

"This isn't one of your tricks is it? I mean... You didn't do this did you?"
Thaddeus Medvyed
Thaddeus Medvyed

Back to top Go down

Family Councils Empty Sarala

Post  Sarala Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:30 pm

Reluctance quickly turned to rage upon hearing her brother's accusations of trickery. The fire flickered wildly as a sudden gust of wind rushed about the room. The smaller items collected on the mantelpiece began to rock back and forth, a few getting swept from their places and crashing to the floor. Some of the pictures flapped in the wind as if trying to escape from their poorly hung places. A stack of papers on the desk began to slowly decrease as sheets in groups of twos and threes took to the wind, falling eventually on the floor. The cup of quills careened into the ink well sending a black lake to ooze over the remaining papers on the desk.

The door behind the sylph shuddered in it's frame as if it desperately wanted to let the chaos through. And there in the center of it all, with wind tossed hair and wild eyes, stood Sarala, right in the eye of the tornado.

"How dare you," she seethed, barely above a whisper. "How dare you pin this on me! You think this is a joke? You think I would stoop to something so... so low, so absolutely infantile? Are you that dense? We... are... at... war! With an enemy that will most certainly take us out without blinking an eye. And you think that this very good, very positive, very serious alliance with the fey kingdom is an elaborate scheme just to bring me temporary amusement?"

Her tone grew louder and louder with every breath until she was practically shouting at him.

"How dare you accuse me of committing such a great offense not only to you but also to Queen Fulluinill, not to mention the kingdoms you both represent. I was trying to help you back there, trying to keep you from making what might have been one of the biggest mistakes of your life to date. And this is the thanks I get? An insult? Well, I can see when I'm not wanted."

Without waiting for a reply Sarala turned and opened the door to leave.

OOC: this is what happens when Michelle starts digging up old material... she finds the stuff she left unfinished. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed *sighs*
Sarala
Sarala

Back to top Go down

Family Councils Empty Thaddeus

Post  Thaddeus Medvyed Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:29 pm

"No... Stay." Thaddeus whispered to himself. Sarala had a right to be angry and his shoulders slumped in disappointment in himself. "Please stay awhile...

"No... I don't find this funny in the least, and I don't think you would do... this. I really don't," he sighed in frustration.

"It just seems... that I have to choose which is more incredible... that my known prankster sister who has been hounding me to find a bride for months... happened to set up a meeting that forced my hand into just that....

"Or that father lied to me and sold me to the fey as a child..." He turned from the fire and looked toward Sarala in the doorway.

"I guess part of me was hoping it was a joke... But it isn't, is it?

"What do you think Sara? Do you believe her?"
Thaddeus Medvyed
Thaddeus Medvyed

Back to top Go down

Family Councils Empty Sarala

Post  Sarala Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 am

Without turning around, Sarala spoke from the doorway, her voice still tainted with anger. "Why wouldn't I, Thaddeus? Has she ever given any of us a reason to doubt her? Do you really think the fey queen, a being of undetermined power and a wisdom and experience that far exceeds even Wynnnsaren's years, would stoop to such a prank?

"No. This is very, very real."

Sarala paused for a moment, fighting the tension that threatened to rise above her shoulders and choke her. Leaving one hand on the door she turned to look at Thad, her eyes still reflecting the tempest from before. Her words came out slow and measured.

"Oh, and thank you, brother, for showing me just how much, or should I say how little, faith you have in me. It's nice to know where one stands.

"Now if you're expecting me to comfort you in your time of... crisis... well, I'm not really in the comforting mood.

"Is there anything else you require of me at this time, sire?"
Sarala
Sarala

Back to top Go down

Family Councils Empty Thaddeus

Post  Thaddeus Medvyed Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Thaddeus winced as her justified anger cut him like a knife. He was out of line with the pseudo-accusation and he knew it. Sighing... he sat down in his preferred chair and looked over toward his sister.

"Look... I'm sorry. I really am... I would really prefer to speak to my sister for a while... but if I can only speak to my spymaster... then yes, I have a few things for her too...

Before she could answer a wide eyed serving girl arrived at the door and looked at the disaster the room had become.

"Ummm... I was told to bring some dinner for you and Lady Sarala," she said with uncertainty.

"Thank you Meralise," the king said as the girl stepped passed Sarala to set the bread and meat and the bottle of local whisky on the table between the chairs. "That will be all."

Dismissed the servant bowed respectfully and excused herself in a hurry. The state of the room and Sarala's unexpected reaction had really made a mess... and somehow he suspected the gossips would be dining better tonight then he did.

"What do you say? Stay for dinner at least?"
Thaddeus Medvyed
Thaddeus Medvyed

Back to top Go down

Family Councils Empty Re: Family Councils

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum