[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 38 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:43 am
Latest topics
» Emerald Spire Session Notes
Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:39 pm by Magyc

» A Journal Bearing the Adventures of Pathfinders
Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:15 pm by Magyc

» The "Bored at work" thread
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:08 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Draxthious' Father
Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:55 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» For What It's Worth (Adanedhel's Story)
Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Mother Knows Best
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm by MrPrettyPretty

» 3rd Watch, In Which Drax and Elle Have Feelings
Mon May 29, 2017 2:58 pm by TRU

» Letters from Derrack
Sat May 13, 2017 3:47 pm by TRU

» Post Mortem Discourse
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:21 pm by Colin Marcus

Family Councils

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Family Councils

Post  Colin Marcus on Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:07 pm

12th Erastus 4712

It was a long journey home, but in Thaddeus' mind it wasn't long enough. His mind was everywhere and nowhere, and before he knew he was riding up to the familiar sight of his castle.

There was little joy in the sight though. As his illusionary horse disappeared people came out of the woodwork demanding his attention. Some more preferable than others, but all distractions on an already overburdened mind.

Wynnsaren had returned from Mivon with news of an elven meeting and the availability of Mivon's mercenaries.

The bird he had sent to Lord Varn had returned unread. That news did not bode well for his few confirmed allies to the east.

Henri practically jumped the king with news about the influx of refuges and a thousand details about the care that earned him a glare from Thaddeus he rarely used outside righteous combat. The castellan stuttered a moment before falling silent and stepping back.

"Very well..." Thaddeus stated in an annoyed voice. "The bird will keep till tomorrow. Wynn, I want to hear everything you have to tell, but could you meet me near my shrine in about... three, better make it four hours."

Looking over his shoulder he saw his sister trying to make a subtle exit. The sylph had been silent the entire trip home, and Thad needed to speak with her. Preferably without the entire castle in attendance.

"Henri. When Sir Tambor arrives back, tell him that I need to speak with him immediately. In the meantime, Have some dinner sent to my office.

"Sarala, if you'd join me..." He turned his back on the awaiting assemblage and strode determinedly to his sanctuary.
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sarala Medvyed

Post  Sarala on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Cringing inwardly, the sylph followed her brother on into the castle, through the halls and back into the king's private chambers. Normally she would have been relieved to talk through the recent events with her brother. He was one who understood her best and he was ever a patient listener, a solice when her thoughts were in turmoil.

But today she wished to keep her inner turmoil to herself. She had hoped to slip away once reaching the city. Unfortunately the fog that had surrounded her brother since the meeting with the fey queen had cleared right when she had sought her escape. Now she was stuck. Her brother, the king, wished to see her...privately. It really wasn't a big deal, she thought to herself, just a quick chat between siblings. Dispute her self-assurances her stomach continued to tie into knots.

She licked her lips before asking the most obvious question. "So... um... what did you want to see me about?"
Sarala

Back to top Go down

Thaddeus Medvyed

Post  Thaddeus Medvyed on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:09 pm

It didn't take long to get a small fire going in the fireplace. Even in a drafty castle, the fire wasn't needed in Erastus, but Thaddeus felt an unfamiliar chill that he couldn't shake.

Standing with hands on the hearth and gazing at the flickering flames, he found himself answering his sister in a harsher tone than he had intended.

"This isn't one of your tricks is it? I mean... You didn't do this did you?"
Thaddeus Medvyed

Back to top Go down

Re: Family Councils

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top