The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Mother Knows Best - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Mother Knows Best

2 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mother Knows Best - Page 3 Empty Bri'ellyith

Post  TRU Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:38 pm

"You caught that, huh?" Elle sighed heavily. "Those cat eyes of yours don't miss much, do they...

"Yeah, I'm worried." She nodded gravely before letting her head wearily droop to one side. "I'm worried about this haunting. I'm worried about what may happen if Avi shows up again. I have no control over it. I have no idea what even triggers it. And what annoys me the most is the fact that I didn't even get to see it all happen! Only one glimpse, enough to shock the living daylights out of me, and then nothing. Blind-thanks to that stupid succubus, and flailing around like an idiot.

"You say the ghost attacked Colin, and even swung at you. Like she had malicious intent, which would make sense if she were some sort of haunting. But what kind of haunting I have no clue! I should know this! It's the one thing, besides alchemy, that I've studied the longest, that I know the most about. And yet this whole thing is a mystery to me. I'm sure I'll solve it, the question just is when.

"But if it were just a simple mystery this wouldn't be a problem," She straightened her listing head and turned earnest eyes on the tiefling. "The fact that this is an unknown hostile phenomenon that I cannot control or predict is the problem. I already get guff from Colin for all the times my aim is a little off. And that's something within my control. But this? This makes me a liability."

Elle's thumbs were rubbing the backs of Drax's hands. The action was unintentional, simply the release of nervous energy in repetitive motion.

"I will come with you guys to Kaer Maga, on that I have given my word. Not to mention my previous commitment to the Society, and the responsibilities I agreed to when I joined. I know I am duty bound to go, and that I will still be of use. But the problem of this unknown quantity... well, you could say it has me pretty rattled. I wish I had more time... I could run some tests, experiment, if you will, and maybe come up with a hypothesis that makes sense." She laughed, suddenly remembering something. "My mother's theory is a bit ludicrous. She believes with her whole heart that Avi has come to help me for some reason. She thinks the act of attacking my friends is a misunderstood prank, and that harming all of us was never the spirit's intent. She even believes that the unexplained instances when I have been able to unwittingly heal Colin are also tied to Avi's appearance. The argument is so flawed." Elle chuckled again. "And yet a part of me still wants to believe it."

Ending with another sigh, Elle turned and laid her head on Drax's shoulder.

"That, my firebrand, is why my eyes changed so."
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mother Knows Best - Page 3 Empty Draxthious

Post  MrPrettyPretty Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:39 pm

He placed his hand on her head, running his fingers through her hair gently. He could understand her worry, especially for what she had been through the sudden appearance of her old friend in what appeared to be ghost form would be enough to cause anyone worry. Something about what her mother said though was making him think.

"What if she's right?" he asked softly, his thoughts still coming together. "What if Avi wasn't trying to attack Colin and I, but rather protecting you?" He rested his head on hers as he continued. "You said you were blinded immediately after she appeared. What if she was simply reacting to anything that came near since you couldn't tell if it was a threat or not. Avi was simply trying to protect you?" He shrugged lightly, "I would find it hard to believe that your friend would ever do anything to hurt you, especially with how close you said you two were.

"As for how she would be involved in healing Colin even incidentally I have no idea." He smirked lightly, "Unless ghost things hit people with the same type of energy that heals Colin but hurts the rest of us." His tone spoke volumes of how he didn't think that was what happened.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:58 pm

"Actually... you may be on to something there..." Elle mused thoughtfully. "I believe the reason for Colin's need for negative energy healing is derived from his undead heritage. The simplest answer is that Avi is some type of undead. And yet it is the most complicated answer as well, because if she were such then she should have detected her with my spell multiple times now... ugh..." Elle rubbed her eyes wearily, keeping her head nestled on Drax's shoulder. "Every time I think I have an idea of what is going I hit a wall."

Elle sat quietly, not moving except to breathe. The moon had risen long ago, and was shining brightly over the water. The view from their park bench in the Alabaster District was spectacular on that cloudless night. Her head stayed on the tiefling's shoulder as she took in the evening sights, strands of his hair mingling with her own. She felt his tail as it wrapped itself around her waist, it's tufted tip coming to rest on her arm. Elle reached over with her free hand and pet it. A few months ago she would have scoffed at the thought of the two of them sitting together like they were now. And yet here they were. She found herself agreeing with Drax, this did feel right.

The evening foot traffic in the streets had dwindled significantly. A lone dilatory passerby began to whistle a pleasantly pensive tune under the starlight sky. The wafting notes brought Elle out of her reverie. She spoke again, softly in hesitant curiosity. "So, back at my momma's, when she bound our hands together. Would you really have gone through with it?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:00 pm

His fingers trailed through her hair for a few seconds before he answered her. "Yes." He turned his head slightly, kissing her on top of her head.

"Not because I want to move too fast or anything like that," he smiled, "Today has seemed like a dream, one I don't want to ever wake from. I am so afraid that I'll open my eyes and I'll find myself back in my room." He smile widened. "The thought of spending the rest of my life with you is indeed one I would like explore further." He sighed softly, his head again resting on hers as his tail seemed to tighten around her waist. "I just, I don't know. If that's what it takes to keep you in my life forever then." he shrugged, letting his action finish his thought.

"Would....would it be something you would be interested in, sometime in the future?" he asked nervously.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:03 pm

"Are you sure you know what you're getting into?" Elle teased sarcastically, lifting her head to flash him a crazy grin. But when she saw the earnest look in his eyes and heard the apprehension in his voice her face changed. "You really mean it, don't you!" She spoke in hushed surprise, her green eyes searching his with mirrored apprehension. “Of course you do. I mean, why wouldn’t you? Nothing you’ve said about me, about us, up to this point has been in jest… And it’s not that I don’t mean it. I do,” she reached up and held his face in her hand for just a moment, “oh, I do! I just can’t imagine why you are so sure of this… of… me.

“And to be honest, I’m not sure of it myself. I told myself that I was out of the game. That love wasn’t for me. And I believed it.” She shook her head, ashamed.

“But now this… Now you… You were unexpected. An unknown quantity. The reaction between the two of us was an accident. A happy, volatile accident, but still an accident. Here I thought I was one thing, and you come along, and by your very existence, you prove me wrong. I mean, Colin tried to tell me I was wrong about love, but his words made no change.

“You’ve changed me.

“I’m not entirely sure what I will become, and I admit, I’m a little scared. But fear can be quite exhilarating. And this new substance of the you-and-I promises to be very beneficial, and very exciting. I think it just might change the world.

"But enough of my alchemical metaphors," Elle placed her free hand on the masculine one that laid claim to the other. "I would be a fool to let go of you. If you ask me to Cam-corm Yanwuva, I will. But know that if you do, you will have to put up with me for at least a year. Think you can handle that?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:06 pm

The tiefling looked down at the lady he loved. Gently his hand that was on the back of her head pulled her in closer as his own lowered, giving the alchemist a long soft kiss. When he finally did pull back, his forehead rested on hers.

"One year, two, ten, a hundred." He smiled softly, "Does not matter to me as long as they are all with you." His words were spoken with both conviction and love.

"As for why you? That is easier to feel and harder to explain." His eyes twinkled lightly in the evening glow. "The short version is not only are you the singularly most amazing person I've ever known, but much like you say I have for you, you have changed me. I'd like to think for the better." He leaned back so he could fully look into her bright green eyes. "With you, I'm....happy." he shrugged, "And I didn't think I would ever be happy, not like this at least.

"Now I won't ask you yet to Cam-corm Yanwuva. I will take both your mother's and your advice, I will move slow. I will, how did she put it? I will put down roots before leaves." He smiled softly, warmly at her. "So don't leave my side until I can, ok?"

His grin widened, "Especially if you want the long version of 'why you'. For that you will have to wait years while I both explain and demonstrate exactly how I feel." His tone was both teasing and loving at the same time.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Mother Knows Best - Page 3 Empty Re: Mother Knows Best

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum