The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
To Put Down a Dracolich EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

To Put Down a Dracolich

5 posters

Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty To Put Down a Dracolich

Post  Penelope Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:22 pm

**This thread takes place on the evening of the 6th of Alturiak, at the inn. So all this talk will happen BEFORE we hear the big scary guy in the sky and we meet the representative of the Cult of the Dragon. It will be used to discuss strategies for our impending battles. I think to post in character would be more fun, but not necessary if you'd rather not. Smile I'm sure we'll discuss this more on Saturday, but this is a place to start anyway!**

The priestess sat heavily on the edge of one of the beds, left braid firmly within her grasp. The Champions had gathered in Eddick and Therogeon's room in the Den of the Seven Veils to privately discuss ideas on how to combat a foe as powerful as a dracolich. That didn't even take into account the Rod, Red Wizards, or assassins of Cyric, but one problem at a time...

"I've had a few thoughts on the matter from a priest's perspective. I've been told that dracoliches cannot be turned, however, there is a chance that if I am able to hit it with Dawnspeaker, that it could be completely destroyed. The chance is slim, but it is still a chance! Also the mace gives me the ability to cast Sunrise once every ten minutes, in any location I choose. Aside from hurting it, the dragon will be Confused for a minute after the spell hits, and could give us a moment to get some good shots in on it."

She fidgeted a bit, and although the mithril plate fit like a second skin, Ashara pulled at the shoulders as if they were suddenly much heavier than they should be.

"Also I have a few spells, aside from healing of course, that could be useful. One of the most powerful spells I may be given is called Henley's Digit of Disruption. If it gets past any magical resistance, it could utterly destroy the undead dragon. If I cast that spell in conjunction with another I have called Chain Creation, it will create three more Digits of Disruption aimed at him. Even if he does manage to resist the spells, it will still hurt it.

There is False Dawn as well that would do some damage to it, and Confuse it for a minute after the spell hits, but it would have to be within 30' of me for the spell to hit it."

"I had thought that perhaps I could talk with head priest at the Dome of the Roses... Considering that this quest has been given by Lathander himself, they may allow us to have some scrolls of Heal or perhaps some others that may be of use to us. It may be worth asking them."

"I have also been flirting with the idea of creating a Holy Water Elemental, but I fear that we may not be able to get or create enough water to bless and summon one."

She looked around the room at those companions that she had grown to love so much. May Lathander guide them all in this dark hour, and bring them through the darkness to see another dawn.

With a small smile she finished, "Does anyone else have any other suggestions?"
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:16 pm

"Holy water Elem.... " Elric got a look of awe on his face. "I've still got twenty vials... What does everyone else have!!"

"Seriously... How much do we need?"

"From a Fighters view of course... I think I'm going to hit it with weapons until it breaks apart." He tried for some levity. "Actually is this more like a zombie or a skeleton? Some kinds of undead seem to break quicker with Blunt attacks than sword attacks?" He looked over to the corner where he kept his magical sword and Staff. "Any recommendations?"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Did You Know??

Post  TRU Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Psst...

Hey guys... did you know that this is an OOC part of the forum?? (of course you did!) You don't have to be in character to discuss how we want to take down "The Most Hated Wyrm" affraid

Just saying, because Gwilly is not a strategist and as much as I love her, that part of her character drives me nuts sometimes. So... I will probably be posting OOC. I hope that doesn't mess things up to much.

Props for doing it in character!!
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:21 am

Ashara wrote: I think to post in character would be more fun, but not necessary if you'd rather not. Smile

Nope, OOC won't mess things up a bit! This is just for kicks and 'in character' posting is just more fun whenever I can get away with it. So unless someone tells me that I can't play my character, I'm going to try to get away with it wherever I can! ^_^

We only have a few weeks left with them! Crying or Very sad

If anyone has ideas, but doesn't want to rp it, please don't let that stop you from posting something here!
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Eddick

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 am

The old druid listened to Ashara's ideas and capabilities. He nodded in appreciation of what she was able to do. She truly has come very far. Eddick knew he had some abilities that the others had not seen as of yet, but nothing near that useful against something like a dracolich.

"It is good that you have so many things to use against the Dracolich. I would postulate that it would be in our best interests to make sure that you got the maximum possibility to use them.

"We should do our best to distract the beast as best we can. We should also do our best to not be in a group so the beast can consume all of us at once like it did to the druids. If some of us could take to the sky as well, that would be best. I know Gwilly can fly, and I can too, but I cannot cast many spells from the form of a bird, so that might be out. Is there any of us that has magic that would allow us to fly?"

"Also, we need to make sure that every one of us has a weapon that can do great damage to the creature. We need more barrels of holy water, if not an elemental. And even Gwilly could use a wand of Therogeon's perhaps, so that he might use those anti magic spells he is so good with.

"Speaking of, I wonder if one of your magical walls can stop dragon breath. It would be good to us if we could stop that or even misdirect it. It takes quite a while to cast my spells of protection against fire, and even then it would not do full protection, so we need to see if there is something better."
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty OOC

Post  Swiftboot Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:21 pm

i'll do an in character one later, but...

cast stoneskin on elric, and buff him as much as possible. up kaber's strength. then have the ultimate fastball special. with those wraps elric might actually be able to punch completely through the thing, else he'll be in it and can tear it apart from the inside cheers
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Re: To Put Down a Dracolich

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:43 pm

blink.... blink....

umm.... can we vote on the Elric being inside the monster plan???
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swiftboot Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Elric wrote:blink.... blink....

okay, but the minotaur vote counts for 3
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:02 pm

Now... I thought the plan was NOT to end up inside the dragon!

Seriously... If THAT"S not an issue anymore... Same plan, but switch Elric with Therogeon. Fastball the mage inside. Choose to break the staff. Everyone takes cover!

Dragon EVERYWHERE!

<disclaimer: This is a HORRIBLE plan! If Therogeon dies then they won't have fast travel to get to the wedding in time affraid >
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swiftboot Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Elric wrote:<disclaimer: This is a HORRIBLE plan! If Therogeon dies then they won't have fast travel to get to the wedding in time affraid >

good point, we are on a time table here. maybe if we ask it nice, it will lie down and let us destroy it.

or we can somehow get kaber to grow to the size of the dracolich and he can wrestle it!! now that would be a show to charge admission to! also, kaber is in need of a wedding present. is the skull to a dragon impracticle?
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Can't speak for Ashara, but Elric would LOVE for Kaber to bring them a dragon skull! What a Face
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Kaber

Post  Swiftboot Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:42 pm

The minotaur rubbed his chin. He was always up for a challenging battle in order to save innocents. Especially against a greater foe, when they had to use their wits as much as their weapons. However, this one was beyond him. He had little experience with dragons, which were formidable enough. A dead dragon had to be worse.

"What can we expect from this thing? What does being dead give it over a live dragon? Does it attack the same or have the same vulnerabilities? Can I even hurt it?"

He paused, considering Eddick's question about the flame breath, "Did not it's fire scorch an enormous area? Is it possible to even separate enough for that?

"I would suggest tricking it to somehow give up an advantage that it would normally have, if that is even possible. If we can bring it to the ground and somehow bind it's claws or head, even for a bit, it would give us a great advantage."

Looking around at his companions he continued, "Do we have any help, any allies or armies that can aid us? I know we have fought much, but from the way you all speak, it may take more than what we can do."
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:24 pm

OOC First...

Kaber wrote:
Elric wrote:blink.... blink....

okay, but the minotaur vote counts for 3

I think you know what Ashara's vote would be, and then Dawnspeaker should count for AT LEAST two... Suspect

Kaber wrote:
Elric wrote:<disclaimer: This is a HORRIBLE plan! If Therogeon dies then they won't have fast travel to get to the wedding in time affraid >

good point, we are on a time table here. maybe if we ask it nice, it will lie down and let us destroy it.

or we can somehow get kaber to grow to the size of the dracolich and he can wrestle it!! now that would be a show to charge admission to! also, kaber is in need of a wedding present. is the skull to a dragon impracticle?

Dragon skull would be awesome, though we'd have to expand the CoRD house to fit it over the fireplace...

Last edited by Ashara on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:28 pm

ooc- if anyone gets thrown, it should prolly be Ashara with dawnspeaker. That way we would get some guaranteed hits in.

Just sayin...

run that mace down the ribs...
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Ashara wrinkled her brow and tapped her bottom lip with a finger as she tried to calculate the volume of a water elemental...

"Well, the amount we would need would depend on how large of a creature was summoned, but I would say somewhere between 1200 and 2000 gallons of water. I can only Bless about two gallons of water at a time, so I'm not sure how practical that would be, unfortunately." She tilted her head to one side as an idea sprung to mind. "Unless I just blessed its fists... Well, at any rate I don't have the ability to cast more than one of those most powerful spells a day, and Henley's Digit of Disruption seems like a better bet."

"Still," she said with a grin, "it would be interesting to see!"

"I agree with Eddick that we shouldn't all be bunched together. My only concern there is that I need to touch you to Heal you, so we'll have to be careful not to be too far away to get to each other in time!" Ashara let her gaze drift around the room to each of them.

"That dragonbreath is going to be a real problem... If one of Therogeon's Walls of Force could hold up against that, it could be very useful! I do have a spell, and likely Eddick does too, called Flame Walk, that I can cast on all of us in one casting. It grants complete resistance to nonmagical, as well as some resistance to magical fire. [OOC: +2 sv vs. magical fire, only take half damage even if fail save]"

"We also have to think of the possibility that it will likely have the ability to instill terror in our hearts, much like that green dragon we dispatched did. This one is MUCH bigger and MUCH meaner... If we get the opportunity, it might be beneficial to choke down a Heroes' Feast before we go into battle. It takes about an hour to eat, but afterwards we'll be Immune to Poison, Blessed, and Immune to Fear, Hopelessness, and Panic for about twelve hours. That might be something we should make time for if it's possible!"

The priestess listened to Kaber's concerns, but since Therogeon was facing away from everyone, silently pondering their predicament, she decided to speak up in the interim. "I have learned a few things about dracoliches in my studies," she began, "nothing near to what Therogeon will know of them, but I know they need magical weapons to hit, though not as much as those demons we've fought do. Also, they are immune to quite a few different kinds of magics..." She started counting down her fingers as she listed them off. "I've read that they are immune to charm, sleep, enfeeblement, polymorph, cold, electricity, hold, insanity, death spells, aaaannnnnd symbol spells." She inhaled. "It wouldn't surprise me if they had some sort of magic resistance too, since Therogeon said that the green dragon did. It would be good if he could use his spells to Lower that magic resistance before the rest of us casters started firing off some spells."

"I don't know if certain types of weapons do more damage to it, like blunt weapons do to skeletons, but perhaps Therogeon does..."

"Oh..." She started with some trepidation in her voice. "Also...I've read that they have a paralyzing touch..."

Her mind flashed back to the ghouls and ghasts of Mistletoe Keep, and being eaten alive by the undead. It was their first adventure together as a group. And almost their last...
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

To Put Down a Dracolich Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:24 am

Elric listened to Ashara list off it's immunities and his eyebrows came together in concern. "That kind of shoots down the wand ideas... He's only got Cold, Electricity, Viscous globs and fire... It's immune to cold and electricty... I don't picture the globs being big enough to help..." He was quietly counting off the things he's seen Therogeon use.

"What about fire? If it BREATHES Fire... I doubt it will hurt it. Unless a Dracolich loses some of the immunities it had when it was alive, I don't see that helping much either."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down