The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

The Future of CoRD?

+4
Penelope
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
TRU
Colin Marcus
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Future of CoRD?

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Wow... Now I suddenly find myself believing that Vikings were ALWAYS minotaurs... affraid

It makes so much sense!

Pat, Do you have the date when the Siege at Eversaka breaks? I think you told us once, but I don't remember anything after 2am Wink

It MAY be over be they even get there...
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:59 am

I could look it up, but, at this point, I'd rather just say that I believe it was in Flamerule sometime . . .

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swiftboot Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:37 am

change of plans, kaber is going to lead his people into the buccaneer lifestyle!! can minotaur become swashbucklers too???

afterall, dr mckaber is a vampirate!
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:44 am

Kaber wrote:
afterall, dr mckaber is a vampirate!

AND a disco king! afro
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 Empty Where will Gwilly be...

Post  TRU Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:40 am

Well after this little adventure in the year of 1376 I have re-thought a few things about Gwilly's future. (awesome adventure by the way! Thank you, Pat, Annie, and Big Matt for letting my join in!)

First, as we now know, Gwilly is currently adventuring with Tomar and Elric's momma. She will stay with them surprisingly for quite a long time. I'm thinking at least 30 some years, that is, if they let her stick around that long.

Somewhere in the 1400-1500 she will want to "settle down", find a pixieman and get married. Well, that's when she will begin looking for one. Who knows if she will ever find true love or not, but i really hope she can.
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:52 am

Gwilly wrote:Well after this little adventure in the year of 1376 I have re-thought a few things about Gwilly's future. (awesome adventure by the way! Thank you, Pat, Annie, and Big Matt for letting my join in!)

First, as we now know, Gwilly is currently adventuring with Tomar and Elric's momma. She will stay with them surprisingly for quite a long time. I'm thinking at least 30 some years, that is, if they let her stick around that long.

Somewhere in the 1400-1500 she will want to "settle down", find a pixieman and get married. Well, that's when she will begin looking for one. Who knows if she will ever find true love or not, but i really hope she can.

AGREED!! SO much fun!!! Very Happy

That'll be fun to have Gwilly back on the road of adventure again! Hopefully she'll still come back at least once a year on CoRD's anniversary! I'm not sure Tomar will make it another 30 years...some of us have very limited lifespans... Wink But he and Gwilly certainly seemed to hit it off!

Hopefully Ashara's still alive when Gwilly finds her pixieman! She's heard so much about these pixie weddings, and she'd certainly be curious to see one!! sunny
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:17 am

Will it be a continual travel? or will she still be coming and going like she did with Eddick?

I HOPE anyway that Marinelle will be visiting occasionally to see them and the grandchildren...

Is she still going to be around to corrupt the children Wink

Also we had it set up with Eddick that there is a CoRD reunion every year on the anniversary of their founding... I don't expect every member to make EVERY year... but it would be kind of sad if they don't see Little Gwilly again till their 50's Sad
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:04 am

Elric wrote:Is she still going to be around to corrupt the children Wink

YEAH! She has to be around if she's going to teach Romen all his sneakiness! Neither of his parents are very sneaksy... >.<

Elric wrote:Also we had it set up with Eddick that there is a CoRD reunion every year on the anniversary of their founding... I don't expect every member to make EVERY year... but it would be kind of sad if they don't see Little Gwilly again till their 50's Sad

That would be a SERIOUS bummer! I can see her coming back in 1400 when Ashara's 50 and Elric's there looking like he's 20... Gwilly's first words to her are "Wow Ashara... You REALLY didn't age well!" >.<
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Wow! People plan so far ahead! Shocked

Dear friends, the second campaign is just beginning! We've got a long way to go before this story is told! The Realms are ever-changing, and you haven't seen anything yet! Rolling Eyes

Naturally, I love to see the conjecture as much as the next guy, but I just want all to make sure they know that things will be happening in the future that may very well continue the adventures of this wonderful little group (albeit together, or in separation)!

However, one thing I can certainly say: Gwilly will be allowed to stay with Marinelle and Tomar for as long as she desires. She has certainly earned the right! Smile

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

The Future of CoRD? - Page 2 Empty Eddick's Stonehinges

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:15 am

Sun’s ring- This ring is primarily made of different colors of granite around the outside of the pond at a distance precisely long enough so that even during the winter solstice where shadows are longest, the shadows of the stones are all off the pond at noon. The stones themselves are approximately 20' by 3' by 4' and weigh well over 20 tons each.

Each month is signified by 4 vertical columns and 3 cross pieces, each open space symbolizing a week. The types of granite correspond to the months with special markers for the special holidays.

For actual granite colors, please use
these three links!

Hammer: Sierra white
Midwinter: Clear white Quartz
Alturiak : Sky Blue
Ches : Salisbury pink
Tarsakh : Rainbow
Greengrass : Quartz with green petrified moss inside
Mirtul : Bahama Blue
Kythorn : Morning Rose
Flamerule : Sentinel Red
Midsummer : Green granite
Shieldmeet : Gray
Eleasius ; Colonial Rose
Eleint ; English Brown
Higharvestide; Wheat colored granite
Marpenoth : India Red
Uktar : Mahogany
Feast of the Moon: Basalt
Nightal: Charcoal Black

12 months with 7 stones each and 6 extra stones
= 90 stones or the equivalent of
2 and ½ years to complete

There are 12 earth elementals in this formation, one in each month. They encompass the one of the center posts and two of the cross pieces so as to not disturb supporting stones. They move the stones each day to corrospond to the actual date of the year, using the small stream that exits the pond to the north as the indicator, making one full revolution every year.

There are 4 gates in this formation
The one in Tarsakh goes to Kara Tur
The one in Flamerule goes to Zakhara
The one in Eleint goes to Var the Golden
The one in Nightal goes to Mazteca

Moon’s ring- made from columnar basalt (eight sided) around the inside of the pond. These stones are in the center of the 200' diameter pond and rise out of the water 10', but really are about 16' long. They are all eight sided columnar basalt, which is naturally occurring, but looks as if it was made that way by man. These columns are 3' thick. For a picture reference, check out this picture.

30 days of moon cycle, three days of full moon, three days of new moon 24 days of transition.
= 48 stones in a full circle, 24 upright, 24 cross pieces
can be done in 1 year and 4 months

New moon, no stones
1st transition 3 stones
Then add 4 stones per day until one more stone is left then add it to signify full moon.
Full moon has all 48 stones

There are 10 earth elementals in this formation, they are all two upright and one crosspiece. The cross pieces in between elementals will fall into the lake if they are up out of the lake and either of the elementals are fully aroused. 5 on the north end, and 5 on the south. There are also two gates in this formation, one on each side. The waxing gate goes to Chult, the Waning gate goes to the Moonshaes

Other stone circle locations
Mazteca: Paradiso
Moonshaes: Blue Pearl
Chult : Tropical Green
Var the Golden : Cranberry
Zakhara : Black
Kara Tur : Lace

Each other stone circle is protected by three grass golems and a dozen grass men.
Other stone circles are only 12 stones, Each taking 4 months to complete

Total number of stones = 198

Allow for 3 months travel across the ocean to Mazteca

Full completion of Stonehinge in 5 years 11 months. First casting of spell started in 1371, Nightal Final casting of spell finished at Stonehinge site on Feast of the Moon 1377 (Should Pat allow this)

Last edited by Eddick the Steady (XIV) on Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed some stuff, added some stuff)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2