The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
A Matter of Where? EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
A Matter of Where? EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
A Matter of Where? EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
A Matter of Where? EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
A Matter of Where? EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
A Matter of Where? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
A Matter of Where? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
A Matter of Where? EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
A Matter of Where? EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

A Matter of Where?

2 posters

Go down

A Matter of Where? Empty A Matter of Where?

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:40 pm

Down in the Southeastern part of Faerun is a small forest called Aerilpar forest. It begins about 150 miles east of the Golden Water, around which is several small nations called Durpar, and Var, and Estagund.

The forest I just told you about has been removed from the map in my campaign and replaced with a place called Haranshire. It is a backwater place populated by some people who left Unther to find a new place to live about 300 years ago. They have western sensibilities, but they live right next to Durpar, which has a similar culture to our India.

I am using for this campaign the map I will put the link to below. Third Edition maps leave out much of the area, and have already relabled much of the area that I want to establish on my own, so they lose.

Click on me for 2nd edition mappy goodness.

I simply ask that you bring your characters to the town of Turelve so we can start the campaign there and bring you into Haranshire. Then you should be fine. If you want motivation or have any questions about how to bring your characters there, you can post them here, or email me, or even private message me. Its all good
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

A Matter of Where? Empty Re: A Matter of Where?

Post  Mr. Awesome Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:31 am

Out of curiosity, are we treating these lands as more like the traditional generic Farunian lands, or would I be not entirely remiss in mentioning and bringing in ideas like are seen in India? Just for the sake of gameplay or setting scenes in my RP stuff?
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:31 am

You would not be remiss in bringing in Indian ideas and concepts. This area is like a british colony in India. They have their own way of doing things much like the rest of Faerun, but there are some odd influences around, so they are not exactly so back water as to not have heard of them. The thing is that human culture has not been influential here until the last three hundred years or so, before which this was all goblin, orc, and hobgoblin territory. So it really has a little wild west flavor added in. If you spend time trying to figure out the culture, you might get lost, but if you just meet and learn about people in the culture you should do well. If you are looking for how to jest, try to stay away from the lands you came from and use more local terms and you are likely to get a better response.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down