The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Alturiak the 28th, First Watch EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch

+2
Colin Marcus
Wynnsaren
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Alturiak the 28th, First Watch

Post  Wynnsaren Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Darya blinked up through the roof of the burned out building to see the stars shining brightly overhead. Her eyes, normally the color of a pre-dawn sky, had gone dark grey with storm clouds of conflicting emotions rolling over them.

There was so much she left out of that letter. So much she wished she could have talked to Dawnmaster Alokkair about, but she was concerned. Afraid to show weakness to her superiors, to her peers or to herself. Now, she tossed and turned herself halfway through first watch wishing for all the world that she had some space to herself at that moment. Actually the "house" had four rooms in it, and she WAS in a room alone, but the walls were literally posts holding up the roof, so there wasn't exactly much privacy.

The whole thing was ridiculous. Why was she losing sleep over such a trivial disagreement? If it had only been a disagreement with one of her companions, that would be one thing, but she hadn't missed the harsh whispers afterward. She had stood up for what she believed was right, and that was not what was bothering her. What bothered her was the hatefulness afterwards.

Frustrated and angry at herself, Darya flung off the blanket and stalked out of the room. Without her armor, she hoped the others wouldn't hear her step between them and out into the open air.

As she exited the structure, she saw Riffington sitting on the side of the building a distance to her right. She headed left. Darya knew Jayashree was out here somewhere, but it would have been impossible to see her anyway, so there was no sense in even attempting to avoid her notice. Friend Carlos was there though, kneeling in the dirt, seemingly alone. The halfling must have been close.

The young paladin walked past the building and sat herself up against the town 'wall' just behind the gutted building they were sheltering in. She was careful not to lean too heavily on it for fear of falling through...

With her head in her hands, she grabbed two fist fulls of hair and pulled violently at the roots, hoping the pain would stave off the tears. It didn't. The Lady Darya had been the only female paladin-in-training at the Tower. She'd worked harder than all of her classmates to win the favor of the instructor and had received more accolades than all of them combined, but now she was faced with something unfamiliar. Companions that couldn't possibly understand her moral convictions. More than just disagreeing with her, they truly disliked her because of it, and the contempt she had seen on Riffington's face tore at her heart.

Silent tears became soft sobbing, but accompanying the sorrow was anger. She was hardly angry at her companions as they were entitled to their opinions as well, but she was enraged at herself for being so weak as to let their disapproval bother her.

By Lathander, please let them not see me in this state! She prayed silently to herself, between sobs.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Torin of the Dwarves

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 pm

Torin heard the Lady Darya leave. He heard everything! It wasn't his watch yet, but he couldn't just turn it off. Ever Vigililant! That's what he'd been taught. He should have been asleep, but for some reason... he had trouble lately.

First of all, there was the debate over who stood watch. Half the group didn't WANT to stand guard! This attitude confused Torin. To him being on guard duty was a sacred trust. It was the highest mark of regard. To say to someone "I trust you to keep me alive when I'm at my most vulnerable." How could humans see it as a chore! One of the reasons he took as many shifts as were open. How could you possibly sleep knowing the one guarding you, didn't really WANT to be doing it!

Second was the goblin 'incident'. Something about that whole situation didn't sit right with him. Not sure why. Honestly not 'really' sure what had happened down there. That Riff started talking and made his head spin.

Still he knew something about that was just... wrong. One more disadvantage to being out in 'the world' as the outsiders called it. He had no Guardians or High Old Ones to seek advice from. Out here he had only himself and his prayers.

That is what the young priest was doing when he heard the women sneak out of camp. Praying for guidance. A thought occured to him. Perhaps this was Gorm's Answer? The woman had been out of sorts herself since 'the incident' and relationships in the unit had become strained. There were times he'd felt he should say something... but it wasn't really his place. His duty was to learn about these people. You don't learn by buttin' in. So far though he really didn't think he'd learned nothing.

Finally he made a decision. Following where he thought she went he heard a sobbing noise. Now he didn't know WHAT to do... He was concerned that she may want some privacy... but a weeping female was something the dwarf was completely ill-equipted to handle. He was about to turn back when another thought struck him. He wasn't known for his silence skills. She may have left her armor (a bit foolishly in the dwarfs mind) back at camp... but Barakor are required to NEVER leave their armor ANYWHERE. He'd taken the oaths that unless dead or dying, the armor was at the ready. Ever Vigiliant.

If she had heard him and he just left, the shame may increase... Who knew what went on in a human's head! Best to forge on ahead!

"Lady Darya? Where ye' be at?" he said in a loud whisper. "I be wonderin' if I might 'ave a word?"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Lady Darya

Post  Wynnsaren Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:56 pm

"Lady Darya? Where ye' be at? I be wonderin' if I might 'ave a word?"

The paladin's head shot up at the sound of the dwarf plodding toward her. She should have known... More than half of the group would awake with a start at the drop of a pin! Come to think of it, Torin hadn't been snoring when she left...

With one last sniffle, Darya roughly brushed the tears from her eyes as she responded.

"I am here, Torin," she said quietly but confidently, with her composure mostly regained, "and of course, I'd be honored to have a word with you."

It occurred to her at that point that as a dwarf, he had infravision... He knew exactly where she was, and likely knew exactly what state she was in when he'd asked. She sighed and brushed her hair back hoping she didn't look as disheveled as she felt!

Torin seemed a very honorable sort, and though he would usually remain quiet, it hadn't escaped her notice that the dwarf had been bothered by what had transpired at the New Mire. What she didn't know however, was whether he was bothered by her actions or simply the entire situation...

As he approached, she took a deep breath, preparing for another possible confrontation.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Nas Ath'quehel

Post  xarhelm Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:59 pm

Nas sat in silence atop the burned out building they were sheltering in. He had just awoke from his first of 3 meditative like sleeps he did. Elves don't sleep like humans and Nas in particular slept unlike almost eveyone else. For some reason watching your entire family and friends "consumed" by vampires in the middle of the night made you not want to sleep much anymore. Perhaps he should mention this to Darya as she so loves the dawn she may not realize or understand the pain it brought with it for Nas. He actually truely enjoyed the company of the young paladin but was very worried about her as well. She failed to see the concequences of her actions and the altercation with the goblins had shown this in very vivid colors.

While Goblins are more like vermin than anything else, and Nas had no moral struggle with the incident. it was evident that Darya did. Her convictions led the group into a very dangerous place and she seemed to not comprehend this portion. Nas had advised against walking into the home of these Goblins but no one cared. In fact it could have been much worse in Jaya had not agreed to come with him to make sure the entrance could not be sealed against them after their entrance. He had advised against it and yet only he bore the injuries.
He did not expect the monolouge of Riff which could have become a much larger disaster and earned the group may more enemies than the Goblins. Thankfully the Paladin spoke up before he sent the tribe north to anger a water elemental,a nixie and a Ranger. Then the mage cast his spell. A poor choice of spells. It was seen as an attack which, I do not think the mage intended it to be. Then as combat broke out and Jaya and Nas killled six goblins and the remainder fled further into the cavern. Darya was then struck with guilt. While slaughtering them after they fled was never part of the plan not removing their stolen valuables is foolish. While they are "thinking" beasts goblins lack the ability to create coins or magic gear this must have come from somewhere. Perhaps if Darya had seen what Nas did deep in the cavern she would no feel so rightous in her belief. 30 or more goblins spears at the ready! Thankfully they were frightened and unorganized or Nas' Thigh might be the smallest of injuries. there could have been comrades to bury.

"Why do these Green fawns not listen and ask questions of those that have been wandering the lands longer than most of them have been alive! Is it because I am not loud like Riff or walk in heavy armor like Darya and Torin." Nas had just whispered this outlound when he heard footsteps inside. he quickly returned to the shadows atop the roof. He knew he gave some of the humans a creepy feeling especially when he just silently lurked nearby. At first he he paid no mind until they turned the wrong way outside of the door. the latrine was the other direction. who would wander out at night? "Gods even now they make foolish errors" he thought wandering off alone at night is not a good idea especially when those on watch are unaware you have left as he guessed Riff was. Since he heard the steps he knew it was not Jaya and their lack of weight could only mean Darya was wandering and without armor. Perhaps she was having more difficulty than he had thought but it was best to let her go unchallenged and give her time to herself.When she went behind the house he was confused and iritated as it seems that even when they want to be alone the forget he often prefers the roof of buildings where he can see better. It was then that her heard the first stuttered breath of someone about to cry and his stance softened.

Then the thunder rolled in. or at least it sounded like thunder in the silent night air. The Dwarf was about and roamed alone along the same path. Nas watched him hesitate and then continue and approach the Paladin. It was then that Nas sat back near the edge close enough to hear he could see them but knew he would not be seen unless they were activly looking for him to be there.

He could always add something if it was needed but perhaps the conversation would not require his input but may help resolve some issues with reaching these two where he had previously seemed to fail.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 2:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Jayashree Anjuli

Post  WoTmaster Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:05 am

Jaya stared out into the darkness. She couldn't see very far, at least compared to some of those she traveled with, but her hearing was impeccable. She could still hear Friend Carlos' very quiet breathing behind her and to the left. It had become a familiar and somehow soothing sound. She thought about everything that had happened that day and the last few days... some things were confusing her and she still didn't know what to make of them -- but that was nothing new to the halfling.

She heard someone approaching from the abandoned building the group was using for shelter, she knew it wasn't time for the watches to change yet. The person approached and then paused, finally moving off toward the city "wall". A few minutes later she heard the dwarf following whomever it was and then Torin spoke...

"Lady Darya? Where ye' be at?" he said in a loud whisper. "I be wonderin' if I might 'ave a word?"

Lady Darya then, and had she heard a suppressed sob? Why would the paladin be crying? She was always so sure of herself and confident! Jaya knew she shouldn't eavesdrop, but her training took over and she listened carefully to see if she could learn anything that she might be able to help Lady Darya with -- at least Jaya told herself that was the reason.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 am

Hmmm, he'd gotten her attention... but now what? Torin wasn't what most people called 'sociable.' He was reluctant to speak. Everytime he did, it seemed that he dishonored himself or showed his ignorance about what everyone else took for granted. Though this shieldmaiden had taken any of question in stride and so far had answered without disdain.

"Umm... I dinna' mean ta disturb ye." He began awkwardly. "I just... hmmm... " He was lost. How to start this conversation? Truthfully he knew very little about any of his companions. Perhaps that's the place to start?

"What are ye about anyway?" He stated bluntly. "I mean... I've been wanderin' around these cities, and Shieldmaidens ain't that common amongst yer folk..."

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:25 am

"More common in some places than others, I think." She managed a small smile in spite of the uncomfortable situation. "And please don't feel as though you're disturbing me, I'm more than happy to attempt to answer any questions you have."

That was not the question the paladin had been expecting... Perhaps he had just come out to learn a little bit more about human society. Since neither of them could sleep it seemed a good a time as any, and with all honesty, she appreciated the distraction from her worries.

"While it's true that it is more typical for men to gravitate to a combat oriented lifestyle, I know a good number of female soldiers that bravely serve in Var the Golden... The region to the southeast that I call home," she added to provide some context to this newcomer to the surface.

She studied Torin a moment while he chewed on the information. Armored head to toe even while he slept. Or at least while he had been trying to sleep... She understood it, at least to a point. When out in the wilds Darya would often sleep in her mail as well, but since they were camping right next to the town wall, she felt safe enough to pull off the armor for a night. Foolish? She guessed that many of her companions would again call her such, but after the last couple of days, she needed the weight literally and figuratively off of her shoulders. Somehow she didn't think the dwarf would understand that rational...

"What of you, brave Torin?" Darya noticeably relaxed, bending a knee and looping her arms around it as she pulled it to her chest. "It has not escaped my notice how you choose to place yourself at the forefront of battle, yet I've seen you cast divine magic on occasion. You are a cleric I would guess, though I doubt I am familiar with your deity, and I see no visible holy symbol."

The young woman pursed her lips as she contemplated pressing him a bit farther.

"Forgive me if you feel I'm prying, but you seem less than pleased to be out...here," she said motioning to the wide expanse of sky above them. "May I ask the reason you left your home?"
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:56 am

The dwarf's brow furrowed at the question. His natural instinct was to shut down. Say nothing. Nosy humans were just out to learn more about dwarves and more importantly where their treasure was. At least that's what he always believed. The way they had jumped on goblin's treasure didn't alleviate that fear either... Still there was something about this one that inspired trust.

He tapped a small bronze mask that held his cloak on. Amongst the dwarves his position and rank would have been fairly obvious. However it didn't surprise him much that humans didn't know nuthin' about the Lord of the Bronze Mask. After all he was the god of Protecting the DWARVEN people, and he didn't know 'anything' about their gods...

"I'm a Barakor. That's a Priest of Gorm Gulthyn. Protector of Dwarves and the Eternally Vigilant." He swelled up a bit with pride. Then slowly started to deflate as he continued. "I'm out here to learn about humans and the rest... Don't know if I like what I've seen yet or not..."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:21 am

"It is my honor to have met you Torin, priest of Gorm Gulthyn," the lady bowed her head as much as she could from the position in which she sat. "I hope that for whatever reason you've been sent to wander among us, that our partnership can be to the benefit of both of our peoples."

"Don't know if I like what I've seen yet or not..."

His words caused the young woman to again replay the incident in her mind... It was her failing that drove her out here this night. Her own unpreparedness for the real world, and dealing with those not raised under the same strictures that she had been... The paladin wasn't arrogant enough to believe that she knew everything...she was very young and she was aware of that, but in her world conflict among allies was resolved with respectful conversation, not hateful words and physical contact! She was well within her right to challenge the bard to a duel for merely laying a hand on her. That wouldn't resolve anything however, and she doubted he realized the offense he committed.

None of that was important though, and she certainly could handle herself. What truly confused her was why she had been the only one to stand up for what, to her, was obviously Just while they were dealing with the goblins. Not only this, but when Riffington's wrath was turned upon her, not only did no one speak up on her behalf, but they joined in with the hostility! The paladin would admit she didn't know her companions as well as she would have liked, but still...their silence surprised and worried her. The fact that their harsh words could affect her so was disconcerting to her as well. She had hoped she was stronger than that, but never in her life had she been mocked or despised. Apparently that was something she would have to get used to...

Lathander give me strength to bear the crucible I have been placed into! May I behave honorably in all situations, and show courtesy and respect to those who show me none. May I ever reflect your Radiance in the dark places we roam, and may I always be humble enough to see those flaws I harbor while I continually strive to perfect myself! Thank you for this opportunity for growth, and grant me wisdom that I might be up to the task!

Darya sighed after completing the silent prayer, and raked her fingers through her hair before lifting her eyes to meet the dwarf's. "I can only speak for my own people of course, but I believe we have yet to do anything worthy of much praise in these matters. However, we've just only begun looking into the issues in this area, and I believe there is yet hope that you'll return to your people with a favorable opinion!"
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:46 am

"Hmmmph.." The dwarf grunted. "Ya think so? By Gorm I hope so..."

"Y'all ain't like dwarves at all... Yer all so... Different from each other! How do ye even share this world together?"

"Dwarves on the other hand... Aye, we've got a healthy dose of individuality... but we all share the same drives and goals. Sense of Community and welfare... What's good for the community before what's good for a person. Can't even imagine it being otherwise!Y'all don't seem to agree on much of nuthin'!" He shook his head in confusion.

"Of course, ain't never heard o' a dwarf feeling pity for a goblin either..." He said with a touch of sadness. His thoughts and emotions confused him. He couldn't imagine admitting that to another dwarf... What did that say about him! Was this world changing him someway, or was it just the situations they were thrown into? Goblins were supposed to be DOING the invading... not DEFENDING their homes.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:39 pm

Lady Darya chuckled and shot the dwarf a genuine smile, her first in days, as she clapped him on the shoulder. Hopefully that wasn't some sort of insult among his people...

"You are completely correct my friend! I cannot of course speak regarding elves or halflings, but humans are an interesting lot, and you just never know what you're going to get when dealing with one!"

"The simple fact that we are all so different, makes it all the more noble when we can manage to work together towards the common good... Precisely what I hope we can accomplish together in this place! It all begins with civilized communication, and I hope I'm not alone in my desire for that."

Her eyes clouded over again as she thought of the unnecessary blood that had been shed. She was more than a little surprised to hear Torin admit his discomfort over the dealings there!

"I also had never found occasion to feel pity for a goblin, but the whole situation in the New Mire got out of hand, and the result was most unfortunate..."

She felt the need to explain her feelings on the matter. "If the goblins had attacked the villagers of Harlaton, than this would have not bothered me in the least. But they hadn't! I still believe the situation could have been resolved peacefully, especially since at no point did they attempt to attack us even after we'd entered their home and confronted their king! They were merely acting in defense of their home, even then they were extremely cowardly and fled from us at every opportunity, even after but a few of their number had fallen when we initiated combat."

"I am glad at least that at that point Nas convinced them to move on to a more advantageous place, and none of us tried to slay any more of them."

The paladin shook her head almost imperceptibly. "I know they are 'just goblins', but if they are innocent of bloodshed, do they not deserve the same courtesy as the rest of us?"

"For the life of me I can't understand why I would be ridiculed for that stance..." At the thought of her allies' hostility towards her, her bottom lip began quivering again, and she bit angrily to hold it still. She doubted seriously that this stoic dwarf would think well of her if she broke down in tears in front of him!
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Jace Arclight

Post  Magyc Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Jace had hoped to speak to her at dinner, but had not sufficiently worked up the nerve. He had viewed Lady Darya as the de facto leader, or at least representative, of the group and had no trouble following her lead. But her actions in the cave were troubling.

Surrounded by goblins who had the group outnumbered 3 to 1, who were making threats to kill and eat us, was no time for dissension in the ranks. Riff had almost talked us out of the situation, before Lady Darya had pointed out to the enemy that he was lying to them! Things rapidly detoriated from that point...he had hoped to break the goblins' morale when they saw their leaders collapse, but that just panicked them into attacking. Every combat brings risks as Jace was keenly aware of, now sporting a small collection of scars (for some reason he seemed to attract undue attention even though he tried to stay well away from the action) and to invite needless combat was disconcerting, to say the least! In the ensuing melee Nas had taken a nasty blow and he had seen a group of goblins head for himself, Jaya and Friend Carlos (although looking back a few seconds later there was only a pile of goblin bodies...still wasn't sure quite what happened...did the halfling do that??) The risks and injuries endured were completely avoidable.

What was most concerning was that her actions were unpredictable. She has shown mercy to the human bandits who surrendered to her (completely understandable), yet she had chased down a fleeing orc and beaten it to death with her shield! And now she was demanding respect and honesty with carnivorous, human-eating goblins that had them outnumbered and surrounded! Jace felt he had to have a discussion with her regarding her moral code, so he and the group would at least know what to expect. Lady Darya did have first watch for the night...perhaps now would be a good time.

He got up as quietly as he could, (knowing full well that he had probably woken half of his hyper-vigilant comrades) and made his way outside the ruined building. The ambient light was pale, but he heard a low conversation and noticed a pair of silhouettes by the wall. He wasn't sure who was with Darya...he still had great respect for the paladin and didn't want to undermine her. He decided to walk over and see who she was with, and then decide whether to bring up his concerns.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Magyc
Magyc

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:19 pm

The paladin smiled as she saw the mage walking toward them. Apparently no one was sleeping this night! Darya wondered if the noble Cleander was asleep wherever he was...

"Welcome Jace! Are you out enjoying the brisk night air, or do you have some concerns this night as well?"

She stood and bowed before motioning to the patch of ground next to her, asking that he feel free to sit.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Magyc Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:01 pm

"Well thank you, Lady Darya." Jace settled down and casually leaned back against the wall Her companion turned out to be Torin. Jace was not sure whether that would be helpful or not, as the dwarf was inscrutable. He had not expressed much of an opinion (other than confusion) after the events of earlier that day. He was a dwarf though, and weren't they supposed to be pragmatic? Surely the efficiency of "winning" without fighting could be appreciated?

"Lady Darya, I was reflecting on the sequence of events that led up to our conflict with the goblins. I must admit that I was surprised when you contradicted Riffington in front of the goblins. Up until that point, it looked like he might have persuaded them to leave and quite possibly we might have escaped combat. Are there precepts in your faith that prohibit deception under all circumstances, even if you are only a passive witness to it?"

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Magyc
Magyc

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41 pm

"Hmmph!" The priest grunted. "Deception ain't no way t'win a fight..." He shook his head delibrately. "If ya cannae win a fight with yer own ax... ye shouldn't pick the fight to begin with."

Mages... Wizards... whatever you wanted to call them. Yet another thing the dwarf wasn't familiar with. If there were ever dwarves who used magic, the power had been bred out of them for centuries. What must it be like he wondered. To have no confidence in your own strength and have to resort to trickery to get what you needed..

He had spiritual power. He could call down the wrath of his god if the situation was dire... but any dwarf would rather be up front where skill and muscle were what mattered. Obviously the mage thought it was right and true to send these goblins off to be someone else's problem. Of course the spell he'd cast had only put a few of them to sleep... Perhaps there was hope yet?

"IF... It was to be a fight... and IF... there HAD to be bloodshed... Then it should have been US to do the killin'. To trick 'em into gettin' themselves killed by the elemental... or droppin em' on the rangers doorstep... Ain't no honor in THAT..."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magyc Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:10 pm

"Ah, but it seemed pretty inevitable that the fight was being forced upon us. We did not threaten them, we made it clear we only wished to converse. It was they who would not let us leave and stated their intention to kill us. Suggesting they deliberately antagonize powerful entities may have been over the top, but once it was said, identifying that as deception fairly guaranteed we would be fighting for our lives. I can see your point if they were far weaker than us, but we were surrounded, outnumbered, and they would not let us leave...I simply do not see the point in forcing combat when your opponent has all the advantages and is poised to strike. We had a chance to avoid that, and lost it."

Torin's statement's were not surpising, but Jace was not sure that Lady Darya's rationale was the same as the dwarf's. He wasn't sure she spoke up in the cave because her honor demanded that she make the kill...that didn't seem to fit her other statements.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Magyc
Magyc

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:12 pm

The young paladin sat and listened quietly to her two companions as they debated their views on the issue. After taking a long moment to collect her thoughts she spoke gently.

"There were three issues I had with Riffington's dealing with the goblins..."

"The first is the answer your first question, my friend," smiling and tipping her head to Jace, "yes. I believe that deception for any reason is wrong. If we were to only adhere to our morals when it is convenient for us, then we have no morals at all."

"Second, as Torin has stated," she nodded to their dwarven companion, "he was leading them off only to be killed by another's hand, when they had done nothing to the villagers they have lived near for two years, nor had they assaulted us with anything but threats when we barged into their own home!"

"Third, if they HAD gone up to the Eel Hold and defecated in the lake, uprooted trees and performed all sorts of heinous acts, they would have not only destroyed the area and a source of food for the townspeople of Milbourne (which is why we wanted them out of the New Mire area in the first place), but they would likely have enraged the water elemental. If they did that, as Shiraz had told us, he would likely have caused large waves to continuously beat against the already compromised dam which could break and destroy both the town of Milbourne and potentially other villages along the river."

"It is for those three reasons that I chose to interrupt Riffington's speech. They were listening to both myself and the bard about moving into a more suitable area before the deception began. There was no need for it in the first place. Even after I confronted him about it, revealing his untruths, never once did they make a move to attack us. We were only in there for maybe five to ten minutes before we initiated combat, and I just believe that we had more time than what we allowed them."

Darya shifted and folded her legs beneath her. Jace's questions had been honest concerns and she very much appreciated the civility with which he asked them. She was glad that these companions would ask questions instead of follow blindly, if they could find a way to work together, than they would be all the stronger for it!

"I understand the concern that we were surrounded, but as the rest of their threats had been empty and the fact that they'd proven themselves exceedingly cowardly I had no doubt at any point that we could have simply walked out of there through intimidation alone. I'm quite sure they would have been more than happy to simply have us out of their home. This is evidenced by the fact that they fled after only a few of them had been killed."

"That being said, these goblins seemed an unusual sort, and therefore a special case. If they had assaulted any of the lives of those villagers in Harlaton, than I would have led the charge to wipe them out. However, they hadn't. We asked those precise questions while we were in town. Nor had they even attacked us. They had done nothing more than take a few sheep for food and unwittingly flood the land, which is why we were going to ensure that they move."

"Those were my thoughts on the matter. I don't believe we were in any real danger from these particular goblins until we attacked them first. Though they had weapons trained on us they never made any move to attack even while we confronted their king, and to be fair, we had entered THEIR home, so they had every right to defend it. As would I if someone came into my home."
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:39 pm

The woman drew her eyebrows together and continued with one more thought.

"In hindsight, we should have discussed the plan before entering the cave. I am used to working with those of a mindset like unto my own, and I erroneously anticipated that we wouldn't engage the creatures unless they attacked us."

She looked each of her companions in the eyes and smiled.

"I am as ever, willing to listen to anyone's opinion on any matter, if it is given."
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Magyc Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Jace was silent for a few long moments as he absorbed the Darya's words.

"I believe I understand your positions now. I now see that the perspective of a warrior is very much different from the way I was looking at the situation."

"Your stance on the use of deception is indeed highly honorable, and was as I suspected. I believe that the the use of deception against an aggressor is justified, especially when it is a case of the stronger party attempting to prey on the weaker one. Expecting the weaker party to be an honorable victim and abide by the rules of the stronger is not just."

"I think the majority of our differences arises from how we viewed the level of danger. I have had very little experience with actual combat and the experiences I have had have been quite painful. When I saw the mass of goblins appear and block off our means of egress, I believed we were in an extremely perilous situation! They stated they intended to kill and eat us, and I took them at their word! However, given the reactions of Torin and yourself, it is possible I may have overestimated how much danger we were in. It sounds like you believe they would not have attacked us at all. I may have been overly anxious in casting my spell, I was hoping they would be unnerved when they saw their leaders collapse."

Jace paused, but continued before Darya could answer:

"I agree with you that ideally, Riffington should not have induced them to desecrate the land they were to head to. But that could have been remedied when we were in a stronger position, outside their lair. Could you not have waited to point out the deception and make it right?"

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
Magyc
Magyc

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 pm

"Whole situation was handled poorly from the start." The dwarf grumbled. "We don't know what we're doin' 'alf the time..."

"Did we go there itchin' for a fight? Did we just want infermation? Were we lookin' fer loot? We ended up with all three!" The dwarf was frustrated and he wasn't even sure why. "If we don't know what we're doin' we shouldn't be so surprised when it falls apart..."

"I ain't had much dealin' with Goblins meself..." he admitted honestly. "They're smelly, stupid things and whenever they invade our tunnels, we dwarves kill em' all." He was quiet for a moment.

"Now I don't know what to think about this batch... They ain't been a bother to the town folks, but mebbe they were bidin' their time. I don't know... We don't know how peaceful they were where they came from... and the idea of eatin people didn't bother 'em none. Don't know where they got that chest o' money either... Even money says they didn't mint it themselves."

"But the fact remains... That day WE were the invaders. We stormed their tunnels. Killed them. and took their treasure. It wasn't even looting the dead! The Dead have no need for loot... but to take from the living? All that don't sit right with me..."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:52 pm

"I believe we will have to agree to disagree on the matter of deception, my friend mage." Darya smiled and patted his knee. " I may refuse to answer a direct question, but I will never knowingly tell a falsehood. I simply cannot stand by and be a party to it either, as it flies in the face of everything I believe and every oath I have taken."

"Regardless, I don't believe that is the issue here, since I don't believe the negotiation was at an end even after the truth of their move to the Eel Hold was brought to light. They were still arguing their point, not beginning an attack. For the record I think your choice of spells was a very astute one, and the thought to put both their shaman and their king to sleep in one fell swoop may very well have sent them scurrying once again!"

"As for what we were doing from the start," she said, addressing Torin, "as I said to the goblins before we entered, we were only there to speak with their leader about the water situation. I had no intention of attacking them except in defense of the party, nor had I any intention of taking any of their gold." She balked noticably at the idea. "That failing is mine. I believed that my intentions were the same as the rest of the group's simply because no one spoke up and stated a differing opinion. After the battle Nas said that he had tried to tell us, but by Lathander if he did I didn't hear it! Even Riffington agreed that he'd heard nothing of the sort. Maybe it's the human ears..." She smiled and rubbed the rounded tip of her ear.

"If we are looking to assign blame for the goblin's deaths, I will accept all responsibility for it."

"The lesson I hope to take from that encounter is that we need to learn to work together as a team. For my part, when at all possible I will ask for opinions before taking action in such circumstances. If someone takes issue with something that is being done, then they have to speak up or hold their peace. It is far too easy to fall into blaming and name-calling if a certain plan falls apart, and I assure you even if we are working together, there will be plans that fall apart..."

Darya pressed her lips together momentarily as the memories of Senegha sprung to mind. With a slight sigh, she continued.

"As I said, I will shoulder the blame for the debacle at the New Mire, and therefore I personally will take no issue with anyone's actions there. Clean slate. That said, I do hope that we can refrain from cruel remarks and physical confrontation if something does go wrong... It is hurtful and unnecessary. All I ask is that I be treated with the same courtesy as I've treated all of you. Whispered comments of 'fool', and 'why did we bring the paladin along', instead of confronting me civilly and directly as you two have done," she nodded her appreciation, "are completely uncalled for."

The young woman could not help the tears that welled in her eyes as she replayed those cruel words, but she pressed on with her point.

"Acting honorably towards one's companions is the basis for any alliance. If someone were to say something hurtful to or about one of you, I would defend your honor. If someone struck or put their hands on either of you, I would insist that the offending party step down, and defend you if the situation called for it. I am an open book. I keep no secrets from any of you. I do not proclaim to have all the answers or be unerring in my ways and in just that I am more flexible to change than many others of my chosen profession. However...there is a certain moral code which I have given my life to uphold, and that I confess I am unable to change."
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Nas Ath'quehel

Post  xarhelm Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:40 pm

Nas knew it was time for him to speak. This time he spoke in voice he had forgotten he possesed loud and clear not yelling for he held no anger but somethings needed to be said.

"Are you always so two sided Lady Darya?" he waited for the initial shock of his speaking from the shadows to wain before contining uninterupted.

"You are insulted and hurt by being called a fool and physically confronted yet you feel free to make fun of someone who until I spoke your 'round human ears' did not realize was nearby. Luckily, I have been around humans long enough that I take no offense and I bear no grudges."

At this he jumped down from the roof softly landing near the his three comrades.

"I speak because there are some points to which you have not yet considered and if you will permit my use of a generalization is often a curse of your short lived race. The world is not so Black and white as most humans believe. it is not straight like a tree but intertwines and is difficult to follow like vines."

He did not want to go that far but perhaps he was a little more angry over the comment than he himself knew and since he took the gold it felt like they questioned him even more than the loudmouthed Riffington.

"First I should state that what happened today was not any one persons fault. Many are to blame perhaps even myself for what occured and what may yet occur as a result of our actions. You say that both you and Riff did not hear my warning when you went looking for trouble but did either of you listen for a dissenting opionon or did you decide this was the course and charge head on? Did you notice when Jaya and I checked the entrance for traps behind you to make sure we could not be trapped inside? I agree some fault is mine for not speaking up louder but please understand that I am not boistorous as Riff or even Torin. I can not speak for Jaya but my guess is she too is listening in but neither of us speak loudly and you may have to listen for our opinions more so than the others. Jace you are a very good mage however your combat experience is limited perhaps if you had mentioned you intended spell to one of us we might have said that may not be what we are looking for as far as results are concerned. Perhaps a smaller cantrip style spell would have served your purpose and not have been seen by the goblins as an attack. That being said your strategy was sound in principle and did help in the battle. I too disagreed with Riff trying to send the goblins to their doom and also risking an unwarned ranger as well as the towns down river should the elemental become enraged. Now onto the matters that most concern you all. Goblins are evil both the Dwarves and Elves have had thousands of confrontations with them over the centuries. They are however not bright enough to forge their own weapons or coinage. In fact much of their possesions make me wonder. Goblins are not welcome in town and thus have no use for the coins we or rather I took. The sword I returned to the king was very well made enough so that it may have been enchanted. They took them from somewhere whether by force or by scavaging the empty home of the people the mire displaced. All of the monies taken were used to identify the ring you seized we gained nothing from the goblins save me you recieved a wound in a fight I warned against. Oh and lest I forget while you guys were interogating the shamen I checked the rest of the cavern and the goblins in their entirty were holed up much deep and while scared the were at least 30-40 spears strong and could have easily overwhelmed us if they had been more organized. "

"As I said blame is not for a single person it is for all of us except perhaps Friend Carlos. I have a hunch we are not yet through with either the goblins or the new mire issue. My appologies for not being louder in my speech and for calling you a fool but please understand that I have been traveling the world longer than most of you have even been alive. In return I will do my best to remember that what may be obvious to me may not be to you who have been training for most of your adult lives. I am positive their will be times when the roles will be reversed and I only ask you return the favor to me."

"Darya you are for all intents the leader of this group and we follow you most of the time I respect your abilities and wisdom Jace I have already said you are very capable and quite good as a mage and Torin despite our peoples historical differences I am glad you are here. Jaya if you are listening as I expect I am aware of what you are as I am sure you are of me and I am impressed and awed. "

"I have said my piece and will now return to listening. I do however, think we should move this impromptu meeting out where those on watch can also take part. Then we can perhaps figure out our next course of action. If you have any questions of me feel free to voice them at most anytime and I will answer them. I do have somethings I am not yet comfortable discussing but I will not lie I just will ask you to forgive my inability to answer. "

And with that Nas scrambled back up onto the roof but sat with his feet at the edge of the roof no longer lingering in the shadow. He had been harsh and direct but perhaps this would clear the air and lead to more open talk. He liked his silence but if the group could not work together they would cause more problems than they would solve.

Last edited by Gwilly on Thu May 06, 2010 2:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : name needed in subject heading)
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:16 am

Lady Darya turned to address their stealthy companion that had hopped from the roof. She bowed to him and smiled genuinely that he had joined in the impromptu conversation.

"My good Nas, I assure you I meant absolutely no disrespect when I mentioned your ears!" The woman looked honestly shocked that he would even suggest such a thing, but in fairness he couldn't have known that her closest mentor in the faith had elvish blood. She chose not to mention that fact in case this particular companion shared so many of his kins' dislike of half-elves. "I meant only that my own hearing is not nearly as good as yours and if it had been I would have heard what you had to say at the cave entrance! I'm sure you've noticed that since traveling together I've oft appreciated your heightened senses as well as Jayashree's. Since we are not well acquainted, I was unaware of your sensitivities in that area, and I will be sure to avoid such comments in the future! I do hope you will accept my apology for the misunderstanding!"

She bowed again, and touched her fingers to her forehead in a sign of respect.

"I did know you were nearby however, as you are always on the rooftop of whatever establishment we're staying in," she winked with a grin. "As I know Jayashree is nearby as well, since Friend Carlos is sitting just there," she motioned to the kneeling man not too far away. "I came out here to have a little breathing space, as I'm sure you can understand, not to have a private conversation with anyone. I have nothing to hide."

While Nas had been recounting the events of that day, she had listened quietly and nodded in affirmation to most of his points, refusing to be bothered this time by his harsh tone and jabs at her race and abilities. He spoke so very little that she thought perhaps this was simply the way he addressed others. She supposed in time she would learn the truth of it.

"As you heard me say to Jace and Torin, I admit my fault in not asking for alternative ideas, and I will from this point onward seek to ask opinions in such situations. I have taken your wisdom into account in every instance you have offered it, but I will be more direct in the asking. You have said that you will try to speak up louder and I would very much appreciate that, as it is truly difficult for me to hear you at times, even when I am listening," she smiled apologetically. "Jayashree as well for that matter, whose opinion I also value highly!"

Darya stood and stretched out her legs before heading closer to the doorway where Riffington could participate in the spontaneous group meeting as well.

"I agree with you that the world is not always black and white, and it is precisely for that reason that I was judging the goblins based on their actions and not their heritage. There are always exceptions to the rule when dealing with beings of some intelligence, and I am loathe to take life unless warranted."

"You must have also heard me commend you to Torin for dealing Justly with the goblins after they broke off combat. Your dealing with the king and returning his weapon before sending them on their way to find a new home was honorable, and I was impressed by the initiative you took there, if you don't mind this short-lived child saying so!" She turned and smiled up at the elf on the roof at that last comment, hoping that he would take it as the compliment she intended.

"Regarding the coin found there, my own personal convictions forbade me from taking it, though I did not tell you that you should not. I'm sure you've noticed that I have many habits that I certainly do not require the rest of you to adhere to, and while we're on that particular topic..." The young paladin paused in the midst of her short walk, and turned toward the elf again.

"While I cannot comprehend why a person would not wish to rise at dawn, I will refrain from waking anyone with my usual cheer. I had thought that you and Riffington were simply teasing me good-naturedly about the matter, but perhaps I have erred in that manner as well." Darya smiled brightly before adding, "I shall, of course, be in my usual cheerful mood in the morning, I'm afraid I cannot be dissuaded from that, but I will attempt to be cheerful more...quietly!"

"Many elves are known for their extraordinary patience, and I pray you are one of these elves! I have never pretended to be more experienced than I am... I am only eighteen years of age, and in fact the day I met all of you was the very same day I stepped off the boat after being sent directly from my temple! If the leadership of this band has fallen to me, than I will accept it, but I must rely on all of your patience in these matters. While I may be young, I am a quick learner...if I may be so bold to say."

She tilted her head to Nas and continued her walk to the front of the doorway of the burned out building, where she sat cross-legged at an angle where she could see both Riffington and Friend Carlos.

"So then!" Having mentally washed her hands of the groups' hostility toward one another, Darya began in a chipper voice in spite of the surrounding darkness, "We are hoping to discuss what our next course of action might be after learning the results of the Identify Tauster is casting on the ring! I personally am still concerned about Jennelith, but until we receive some sort of clue as to her whereabouts, I'm not sure what more we can do. Fortunately many well-trained eyes are looking for traces of where she may have gone."

"Any thoughts?" The paladin smiled as she turned the floor over to her companions.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Jayashree Anjuli

Post  WoTmaster Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:48 am

Jaya had been carefully listening to the conversation and then the exchange between Lady Darya and Nas. She had things to say but hadn't found a way to interrupt, and she was supposed to be on watch.

I am only eighteen years of age, and in fact the day I met all of you was the very same day I stepped off the boat after being sent directly from my temple!

Jaya thought to herself that was very young indeed. A halfling wouldn't be considered old enough to go out on their own till they were 25! But, then again, humans don't live quite as long as halflings... She would have never thought she was ten whole years older than the paladin tho!

"Any thoughts?" The paladin smiled as she turned the floor over to her companions.

Well, now is as good a time as any, Jaya thought and stepped from the shadows and out toward the group. She cleared her throat and tried to speak loudly.

"Ahem. I would like to say something before we close the discussion about the event with the goblins. I admit I am not as quick witted as many of you and was puzzled by the goblins behavior, having never directly encountered them before, but I was very uncomfortable about how everything happened."

She took a deep breath and then continued. "I am pretty certain that you all have noticed my lack of enthusiasm for killing. I find the experience of taking another's life very distasteful. I also am uncomfortable charging into an unknown situation, I have no experience with that. In my life, my experience, I have always known as much about the situation as possible before going in. I realize this is not always possible, but that is what I am accustomed to."

She inclined her head toward where Nas was perched atop the roof. "Nas and I are similar in that regard I think. We checked the boulder to make sure we wouldn't be trapped inside and it seemed like moments later we were confronting the king and shaman and being surrounded. I couldn't understand why we wouldn't check the other tunnels that led off to the sides? I had a bad feeling that we were leaving ourselves open to be attacked from behind and a situation where we would have to fight our way out, and we very nearly did."

Jaya paused to consider her words and then continued. "Like Jace, I took the threats from the goblins that they would eat us seriously. I disagree that we attacked first. Jace was merely trying to scare them into letting us go. Perhaps I am to blame for that as I asked him if he could do anything. Perhaps I should have been more specific but time seemed to be of the essence. I ONLY fight when I have been attacked first. This has not always been the case, but it is now something I live by. They saw what happened to their leaders and attacked us. I defended Jace and Friend Carlos, and myself."

"I also disagree with what Riff was doing. At first I was all for getting them to leave, but when he started deliberately telling them things to anger those that live there already, the nixie and the water spirit and the anger... That was wrong to me. Do not misunderstand, I care not for his deceit, only for the danger his plan was causing to those we had set out to help and those we have no quarrel with."

"I cannot say that my life is an open book. I have a past that I am not proud of, I have left it behind me... I pray that it doesn't follow me. If any of you have questions for me feel free to ask, but know that like Nas I may not be able to answer you. My reasons are for your own safety. It is better for you all if my past stays where it is... buried."

"As to where we go from here... Well there are Orks that need to be cleared out from the bird people? And there was mention of the family that owns most of the land, telling them about the Mire and the goblins?"

Jaya exhaled slowly. Well, that was more than she had planned to say, but it seems this was the time to speak after all. She just hoped that she hadn't set anyone off in their opinion of her. She truly liked having companions and she had been on her own for a while, she didn't relish the thought of going back to her solitary existance.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:22 am

Perhaps they weren't ready to move on to new business quite yet. Everyone hadn't had their chance to vent yet after all, and she was concerned about Riffington's unusual silence.

Darya felt slightly at a loss in this situation... These companions that she'd fallen in with had almost to a person, polar opposite personalities of the comrades she was used to dealing with back in Zelpir! The students at the Tower of the Golden Dawn were bold with their speech and if they had an opinion on a matter they would express it at the time they thought it, as long as it was respectful to do so. More than half of those she traveled with now, remained silent most of the time. The paladin was raised simply to believe that silence meant agreement! Apparently that was not so in this case... So noted.

After listening to Jayashree's comments, the paladin nodded, glad she had felt comfortable enough to express her views on the matter.

"Thank you for sharing your opinions on the situation, my friend." Darya smiled sincerely at the halfling before addressing the group as a whole. "It seems the discussion of the goblins may not have yet reached an end!"

"I would appreciate it if we all could cease the assigning of blame for the incident, and there's no more reason to defend each other's actions. It really will serve no purpose as the event is past. Since it was myself that you all followed into the cave, I will be the one to take responsibility for what happened within. I sincerely hope that will be the end of that particular portion of the conversation. If we have questions or issues yet to discuss that's fine, but the blame has been claimed by me and you'll have to fight me for it before I share it with anyone else." The corner of her mouth turned up slightly to show she meant it only as a tease.

She glanced over in Riffington's direction. She hoped it would be possible to ease some of the strain between them, if indeed there was any...and she guessed there was quite a bit, at least on his part... It would take some work.

"What we should talk about," she continued, "is what we can learn from the incident. As I've said, I will attempt to directly ask for alternative opinions before undertaking an action, but of course if someone has an idea or a thought, they are always free to express it! If one of us sees something, or senses something is...off, I would hope that we all feel comfortable enough to speak up if we can. To the benefit of us all! I cannot read minds, and I don't believe we know all of each other's differing abili..."

Darya stopped.

This company never had a real beginning. By Lathander, they hardly even knew each other, much less knew how to react to their companions in battle! The group had been clustered together to carry a chest to a mage and that was all. They barely had a choice in whom they began that journey with...

"My friends," the paladin began again with a smile, and stood, resting her hands on her hips as she spoke, "I believe we have all decided to continue our travels together through these lands in the pursuit of adventure and good deeds, and to learn what we can from our experiences. We've hardly addressed this fact formally, and there is much I don't know about each of you!"

"I propose that we begin anew!" The idealistic young woman's eyes sparkled, knowing that those very words spoken by a member of the faith could result in Lathander's blessing! "Let's let each of us make aloud the verbal decision to travel together and at this time, to forge a spirit of familiarity and understanding, tell what seems most important about ourselves, and especially those particular skills that may prove useful along our dangerous road. There is no need for secrets to be revealed, since we are just starting out and trust must be earned. Unless of course keeping a particular secret might be dangerous to the rest of the group. If that is the case, than I hope it will be shared soon."

"I will begin," she cleared her throat softly before proceeding. "I am Lady Darya Nishan of Zelpir, youngest in a young noble house, and though I was born into modest privilege, I have no possessions other than what I carry on my person. I have been trained as a holy paladin in service to the Morninglord, and an Inquisitor. One who seeks out those who would attempt to use magic to commit vile acts or bend others to their nefarious whims." Her eyes went directly to Friend Carlos as she spoke, resolving once again to get to the bottom of that particular mystery.

"I have been sent to this particular area to investigate whispers of dark magic, and it is my concern that Jennelith herself may have been abducted at the behest of such practitioners..."

"Besides martial skill, my training has given me the ability to resist illusion magic and those spells which could control my mind. I am also able to perceive evil magic that may exist in an area. In combat, dark-minded creatures are noticeably put off by the intensity of my faith... I do not boast in this matter but state only fact. Those companions around me will be less likely to be struck by the unnerved assailants."

Darya bowed to the gathered group. "It is my honor to travel amongst you all, while we pursue these worthy causes!"
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Alturiak the 28th, First Watch Empty Re: Alturiak the 28th, First Watch

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next