The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Don't be afraid of the Dark EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Don't be afraid of the Dark

2 posters

Go down

Don't be afraid of the Dark Empty Don't be afraid of the Dark

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:22 pm

Rated R, Horror

Opinion going in: Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Opinion coming out: Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Language: scratch
Been a week... don't remember any 'issues' so maybe one Mad at worst..

Horror: Shocked Shocked Shocked
NOT the scariest thing ever... but the atmosphere was actually QUITE chilling and fun...

Gore: Shocked
For a horror movie, there is VERY little blood/gore. And what there is happens quick and isn't dwelled on.

Nudity/'Character development' Zero!!!

REVIEW!!!!

First of all... the actor playing 'dad' is Guy Pierce. He is NOT one of the Walbergs... That bugged me half the movie... Looked VERY familiar, couldn't place him...

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Potential Spoilers ahead... but not much more than the average trailer would give. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I really didn't expect much going in... (honestly, I do NOT like Guillemo del toro... For all his vaunted 'imagination' most of his monsters look the same. Well... if not the SAME, then at least I know what's his and what Isn't. (Pan's labrynth, Hellboy 1 & 2, and now this...) They just look... unrealistic. Clever and interesting... but not really... 'real'. Like the artwork in the Planescape books. Almost like watching the real people interact with cartoons... Doesn't work for me.

However, This movie DOES touch on some ancient legends. Deals a lot with the old-school fey with elves and fairies and such.... Y'know... Back in the old days where they were not cute and fluffy... they were SCARY, and you did NOT mess with THEM!!

Now... A LOT of this legends, may/may not be all made up... I haven't done much research into THIS legend... but it FEELS like it could be in a book somewhere and that's pretty awesome!!

Naturally, when it comes to ANY horror movie, you find yourself laughing at the multiple instances of charcter stupidity.... classic examples of running up the stairs instead of out the door... never believing kids till your dead... Why don't people just LEAVE... and this show has it's own head-scratchers... but the over all atmosphere and creepiness with the creatures whispering from the vents and under floorboards is just.... FUN!!!

Good movie, check it out!!

Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Don't be afraid of the Dark Empty Re: Don't be afraid of the Dark

Post  Magyc Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Whoops I was treating this like the Bored at Work thread where everything gets stacked into one thread Smile
Magyc
Magyc

Back to top Go down