The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday

5 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 Empty Re: The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday

Post  Swiftboot Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 pm

Gwilly wrote:I can fill your book with beautiful pictures

Kaber was a little surprised and stammered, "Well...actually...um...it is not..."

The large minotaur nearly jumped as the fruit struck him. Breaking his concentration, he juggled the small object, nearly losing his balance. When he finally had a hold of it, he looked questioningly at Elric then sniffed the pomegranate once. He looked back to Gwilly who was flipping through the book.

He had intended it to be a new journal for her after catching her writing in one from time to time. However, he decided to let her use it as she saw it. She was happy, and that was important. Perhaps he did do good afterall.

Still unsure if he had missed something of importance, he moved back to his seat. Perhaps he could pick up what it was after listening to more of the conversation. After all, if it were important, they would let him know. He sat and took a bite of the little morsal. For the size, it was really juicy and tasty.
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:15 am

The priestess turned her attention to the minotaur as he sat down in his seat next to her. How she had missed him getting up and leaving the table boggled her mind... "That was really thoughtful of you, Kaber," Ashara beamed up at him, hugging his massive arm. "That must have taken some planning!"

Gwilly flipped through the blank paper of the book, as if she was imagining all the wonderous things that would one day fill its pages. "Of course I will teach you to draw, Gwilly, if that is something you'd like to learn! You are VERY imaginitive, it could make for some interesting sketches..." She grinned and threw one of Kaber's pomegranate seeds towards the pixe.

Elric was just polishing off the last of his ale when Ashara spoke up again to anyone who was listening. "You know, I think I'll go rent another room for us to use. There's no reason we all need to be crowded together like we have been the last couple of weeks!" The priestess stood and began walking toward the innkeep before turning on her heel, smiling pleasantly. "Oh, Kaber! I believe Elric wanted to share some news with you that you missed while you were gone!" She shot the younger of the half elves a wink before rushing off to make the purchase.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 Empty Re: The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday

Post  Swiftboot Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 am

The large minotaur turned himself to face the half-elf. He looked down upon Elric expectantly, waiting to hear the news.
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:38 am

Elric just stared in amazement as Ashara walked away. She just set him up! He suddenly had his doubts about that extra room. Perhaps Ashara was spending too much time with the pixie as it was!

Still not even the prospect of explaining things to Kaber could knock the smile off his face. He thought for a moment how to approach the subject, but he really wasnt' sure what the minotaur understood and what he didn't yet.

"Well Kaber," he started. "Ashara and I have just announced that we're getting married." He knew Ashara and Gwilly had discussed Weddings with him, but he didn't know how detailed they got. For that matter he didn't know what terms they'd used. "After we finish Lathander's Quest, we'll be having a wedding celebration!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swiftboot Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Confusion crossed the minotuar's face.

"I already knew that."

Did he miss something more? Perhaps he was not supposed to know that they were to marry yet? That did not seem right. Everything that he had been told about the subject meant that they would. If he had only heard from Gwilly, then he could understand the mistake, but Ashara had confirmed several things.

First came the love, then came the joining ceremony, then came the offspring.

Perhaps the others did not know yet. Yet, the way the two of them were after Dagadar had been obvious to all. Elric even talked about the meal he took with Ashara's parents. And that came after Gwilly had told them.

No, maybe there was more to the news. He looked again at Elric, waiting for him to continue.
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:12 pm

"Oh.... Umm... Okay!" Elric was a little surprised. Not the reaction the half-elf had expected. They were pretty sure Kaber was away from the table. He must have already deduced it himself!

First Eddick, now Kaber!? He was a little disappointed. Apparently this was the worst kept secret ever! Did Therogeon already know? As he looked toward the mage who seemed to be lost again in his own thoughts, back to work on his equations. Elric wasn't sure if he knew now! At least Gwilly seemed surprised. That reaction had made the whole thing worth it.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Swiftboot Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Elric seemed as confused as he was. Kaber looked to Ashara for help, but she was at the bar, and seemed to be avoiding looking back. He turned to Gwilly, but she was touching her gifts and showing them off to anyone who would look. All his knowledge on the subject came from two people, both of which were preoccupied. He turned back to Elric.

"So, married?", the word still felt odd in his mouth. Unsure what to say next, and feeling somewhat awkward, he continued, "Then young ones, correct?"
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:17 am

Elric looked back to Kaber. He had thought the conversation over, and figured Ashara would come back now that it was safe. Looks like he was wrong.

"Young ones... Umm.. " Elric had to stop and think. It was difficult introducing new ideas to Kaber. He was very... Blunt about certain subjects. He still got a chill when he thought about Kaber's 'mating advice' from Dagadar. Today wasn't as bad he realized with a touch of surprise. Apparently there was a major difference in 'comfort factor' between a few hours after first talking to Ashara, and after announcing an engagement!

"Yes..." Elric finally answered. "That is the culturally accepted order of things." For a minute he thought about trying to compare it to starting a new clan... but since he knew too little about clan structure, that would only result in more questions. Questions he either didn't know the answers too, or would still prefer not to discuss.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

The 18th of Hammer-Gwilly's birthday - Page 3 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:38 am

Glancing back over her shoulder, the priestess was slightly surprised that there no blushing or stammering going on whatsoever! Thinking it safe, she pocketed the key to the new room and gathered up the five mugs of ale she ordered from the bartender. She was quite surprised that she could manage to carry them all herself, and thought that perhaps if this adventuring thing doesn't work out, that she could make a passable barmaid!

Ashara passed around the new ales and took her seat between the two warriors. Kaber seemed to be pondering the news, while Elric watched Gwilly chattering to Eddick about all the exciting things she could fill her new journal with.

"Well then, everyone has been filled in now I assume?" She smiled happily at the two companions flanking her. "I'm glad not to have to carry that secret around anymore, I'm just no good at it!"
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:05 pm

"I don't think either of us are..." Elric said with a chuckle. "Apparently it wasn't the earth shattering surprise we thought it would be!"

He leaned back and took a few drinks of his ale. "I'm still curious what went wrong though? Apparently both Eddick and Kaber figured it out." Elric gave an exaggerated sigh. "Well, I thought we did a pretty good job." Remembering Gwilly's perfomance when she 'noticed' her presents, he broke into a laugh. Acting that bad, only gave credence to her reaction a few moments later "I think Gwilly'd agree!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3