The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Tameiryn's Journal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tameiryn's Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Tameiryn's Journal

Post  WoTmaster Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:00 am

Tammaz 1, 998 NE

Lem and Viska both had the same dream last night during first watch. I did not hear the details, but something about being a wolf and seeing a bear. It is decided that we will go to the cave and try and kill the bear. I made a point of giving Viska control in planning the attack. When he was finished I added that I could make this easier by freezing the animal’s paws in the air. It was agreed and we set off. The plan worked and in short time we were cutting the huge creature up to take some meat back to the village. Lem had skinned the thing and now had a bearskin in excess of 4 paces long! We returned to the village, stoping for the head of the slain wolf and brought them our good news. There was much celebrating. We plan on leaving in the morning.

I am bothered by the lack of participation Viska had in the attack on the bear. I didn’t see him make one strike, in fact he was out of the way. This is the man who is supposed to protect me? Perhaps this was some sort of test...
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Tammaz 2, 998 NE

The blacksmith provided us with the agreed upon supplies and we prepared to leave. The farmer Tay led us to the river and then left us to our travel. We made good time following the river and arrived at the lake in time to see the sun set reflect across its surface. We must wait for the ferry tomorrow. It will arrive sometime after noon. Tay told us the Ferryman’s name is Dolvan and he would deal us fairly if we mentioned him and River Ridge. We made a fire in the common camp area near the dock.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Tammaz 3, 998 NE

The ferry arrived about an hour past noon. The Morning Mist held some surprises. It appears that she is powered by a Sea Folk Windfinder by the name of Raisha. Casabla also recognized that she was a long way from home. I do not recall ever seeing one this far inland before. Raisha made the Morning Mist fly on the water and a couple hours later we were on the northern shore. We still had some daylight so we made our way down the path to Katar.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:01 am

Tammaz 4, 998 NE

This afternoon we arrived in Katar. On our way we encountered several travelers, many talking about the Hunt for the Horn. Valdrid’s obsession has reared its ugly head again. By coincidence the Inn I was to look for my contact at was the same where a Lord Oswalt was staying and looking for a crew to accompany him on his hunt. I inquired after Janya Myrhein and was told there was no one by that name at the Inn. We decided to take dinner at the Whispering Hill and Valdrid began his campaign to convince Casabla to join him in questing for the Horn. Convince Oswalt to allow them to join the team and then keep it for himself. It didn’t go well. Oswalt wanted nothing to do with Valdrid.

I was prepared to stay in town and let them go on their errand. Viska insisted on staying with me. I am beginning to feel that The Mother sent him as a babysitter for me to go out on a daytrip and be brought back safely. He is becoming more of tether than guardian... At length Viska convinced me we could go on this trip and be back in plenty of time for my contact to arrive. I do admit that they might get into trouble and need assistance, or healing, so I eventually relented.

A young girl named Keb had proposed to Valdrid that she had a map and they could partner up and split the rewards. Together they plotted to inconvenience Oswalt and delay him for a couple days. I do not know the details, nor do I want to. We decided to stay at the Soaring Dove Inn run by Keb’s Aunt and Uncle on the west end of town, and leave tomorrow morning, early.

[NOTE: This was the first time I threw out a clue to Casabla, that he missed. The inkeeper’s name was Moray, I mentioned it when they all arrived. Though, Casabla had been drinking and gambling and probably had reason to miss it. The following morning tho... he said something and Mistress Moray looked at him strangly.... Clue number two! Alas, missed as well....]

Last edited by WoTmaster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:02 am

Tammaz 5, 998 NE

Breakfast. I still have not given Viska the medallion. I must soon for I should not like to think what would happen if we became seperated in the mountains. Perhaps today we will get a moment or tonight when we camp down...

We have made camp for the night and I asked to speak to Viska alone. I gave him the medallion, and asked him to keep it with him. It may come to be needed.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:03 am

Tammaz 6, 998 NE

In our traveling today we encountered something that I had not seen the likes of before. A creeping vine that was... alive. I do not meen to say it was living, but it grabbed Casabla and tried to squeeze him to death. It would not let go. He was cut free by Viska. Viska then experimented with the vine and took a sample to have examined.

Valdrid insisted I set a ward tonight, and every night we are not at an inn hereafter. I set the ward against Shadowspawn, but doubt it will be needed. It is not as if we are in the Blight or the Borderlands. Alas it seems to calm the group to have it done, so I will do it.

Last edited by WoTmaster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:04 am

Tammaz 7, 998 NE

We have journeyed most of the way to the tower. We can hear the river from our campsite. I had difficulty tonight composing my emotions to grasp the Source. It took me three tries. In my frustration, I uttered a curse under my breath and Lem heard it. His hearing is incredible. He began questioning me what was wrong, suspecting trouble no doubt. I could not let them know I had difficulty, they would consider me undependable and a liability. I told him everything was fine, but Lem would not drop it. He kept pestering me. I said it was nothing, just a difficulty of mine that was now overcome. He finally let it rest. I think everyone is suspicious. I cannot let that happen again. I cannot fail them, or my mother. I need to learn to overcome this block!
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:05 am

Tammaz 8, 998 NE

Fording the river was an adventure. Viska was swept from his horse and knocked Valdrid off of his. Viska was able to regain his balance but Valdrid was carried a ways downstream. Casabla went to help him. Viska tried to follow to help as well and nearly drowned himself, he was wearing his chainmail shirt.

Our next obstacle was a swamp of sinking sands. Fortunately someone recognized that is what they were and we were able to avoid being caught in them. We then arrived at a long narrow canyon with gysers down its path. It took a while but we were able to count their timing out and pass unharmed.

Not far after exiting the canyon we came to the final challenge between us and the tower. A very old, very unsafe rope and slat bridge. It was decided to tie several ropes together across the way and to tie ourselves to the lifeline they provided. It was good we did because several of us would have ended up at the bottom of the 30 foot ravine.

The tower was very much in ruin from its long dissuse. After some discussion we reached the Southwest corner of the tower and began counting off paces. We discovered an old well and Casabla climed down to investigate. He found a metal box. After breaking the lock we opened it to discover that it was filled with Arturian gold crowns, silver mugs and two onyx statuettes. I believe them to be ter’angreal.
Casabla, Valdrid and Lem then examined the inside of the tower ruins. They found some old armor a shield and sword. They attempted to clean them up but weren’t very successful. I made camp under a large pine tree. I asked Valdrid to see the statuettes and he gave me one. Examining it close up I am in no doubt they are ter’angreal, but I do not know what their purpose is. Valdrid was distracted with Keb dividing the treasure 50/50 and I pocketed the statuette for later study.

It was decided that I should weave a wall of air at the bridge to prevent us from being cornered. I went to do so and Viska accompanied me. My heart was pounding out of my chest, I cannot believe he could not hear it. He seemed to actually consider my opinion on matters, to think me not just some young foolish woman he was sent to protect. Perhaps I have judged too quickly. It was a pleasant walk.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:13 am

Tammaz 9, 998 NE

We set out at dawn.. It took us near two hours to get across the bridge. Near an hour later we had made our way back through the gysers in the canyon. We then headed due south from there going around the majority of the sinking sand swamp and coming to the river just before noon. We crossed without too much difficulty and continued south for the most of the day. We figured that this would allow us to bypass Oswalt and his group. It was pointed out that even if they knew someone was ahead of them, they did not know who we were. Just before nightfall we rejoined the main path.

[NOTE: You all dodged a bullet here. Your quick thinking avoided a conflict with Oswalt and his crew who contrary to your opinions of him was not some wimpy lordling. Three were melee fighters and two had bows/crossbows and they were heavy hitters. It would have taken some effort to get past them. Not only that, but Keb would have flaunted Oswalts stupidity at not keeping a closer eye on his map, practically admitting her theft of it. This would have led to encounters in the city while waiting for Janya Sedai. Congrats on being logical.]
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 am

Tammaz 12, 998 NE

We be safely back in Katar. Janya Myrhein has still not arrived. While we were at the Whispering Hill, Casabla received a letter. How odd, for who knew we should be there? He has become very withdrawn and quiet. I believe something is troubling him or at the very least preocuping his mind. He stayed to gamble while the rest of us returned to the Soaring Dove to get rooms for the duration of our stay. I got my own room for once! What a delight to have some peace and solitude. I sat by the mirror and brushed my hair. I had that onyx statuette in my lap. I still do not know its purpose.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:17 am

Tammaz 13, 998 NE

What an exciting day! I know what the statue does. It allows channelers to see through the eyes of whomever holds the other statue. To verify I asked Viska to try to use it. He was unable to do so. He thought I should pursuade Valdrid to give it over, it not being useful to him. I think it would be useful for him to keep it a while yet. He is very protective of it and cannot use it against me, so perhaps I might observe him a while, especially after what Kheldyn said.

The hunters for the Horn are here. Valdrid and I went to see where they are staying. I saw General Bawlder, whom was leading the expedition, just as I expected. I had not seen him since my last trip to the King’s Palace. I tended one of his soldiers wounded during training. I talked with him for a while and got the distinct impression that this hunt was a farce. I was surprised to learn he did not know of my mother being missing. Though I suppose upon further consideration, she has been gone for Tower business before and why should anyone think anything wrong? I do feel a bit guilty about leaving Illian without my services. I pray the Light preserve Illian and keep it and everyone safe until I am able to bring my mother safely home. As I prepared to leave the inn, I saw someone I did not expect to see there. Kheldyn! He had joined the hunt as a pretense to leave Illian and search for me. Having found me well and in good company he has agreed I might continue and he will go with the rest on the hunt. He said something odd though, after we left Valdrid’s presence when he was going to walk me back to the Soaring Dove. He said there was something strange about Valdrid. He was concerned. There must be some reason for him to voice concern.

[NOTE: Kheldyn suspects that Valdrid can sense Sadin just as he himself can. Though he has the potential to use it he has never channeled. Valdrid had the chance to sense this about Kheldyn because he was holidng Sadin when he met Kheldyn. However, he blew his roll.]

Last edited by WoTmaster on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:18 am

Tammaz 14, 998 NE

It was a rather dull day. Casabla found a blacksmith in town and cleaned the sword and shield he had found at the tower ruins. The common room at the inn was rather crowded tonight. Unusual.

[NOTE: The extra people at the common room were spies that Oswalt had paid to shadow Keb and see what information they could learn]
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:20 am

Tammaz 15, 998 NE

I was watching Valdrid this morning, or more accurately through him. He went along with Viska and Casabla when they went to spar with Casabla’s newly cleaned ancient sword a huron marked blade! Actual and authentic! From one of Artur Hawkwing Pendrag’s knights, no less.

The practicing went well enough. Valdrid appeared to be studying their moves, mimicing them himself. I do wish the statue allowed for more than just visual. (I shall experiment more and see if I can overhear as well as see, perhaps casting a listen weave on it?) On their way back to the inn, they spoted a man who had aparantly stolen the shield from the inn! They were giving chase and then when Valdrid was about 25 feet behind the fellow, he misteriously tripped, almost as if hit from behind. But there was no one and nothing there. Well they ran the man out of town after convincing him to lie to Oswalt. I fear we may not have heard the last from that front.
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum