The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Prophecies Fullfilled

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 Empty Thaddeus Medvyed

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Thaddeus grinned. After his disappointment acquiring a priest of his goddess here, it was pleasant to see some part of his arrangement paying off.

"There is much to do..." He said as the overwhelming list flooded his mind. "We return to Restov in a few days, and intend to depart for Novastasia shortly after that.

"Your duties?? We're a long way from receiving or sending diplomats to others I fear.... though your instruction could begin as soon as your available.

"At the moment, our grand kingdom consists of a slightly haunted fort, four days from the nearest trading post... but I hope to start making a city as quickly as possible.

"I'm afraid I won't be able to offer many comforts the first few months... but your welcome to come down as quickly as possible."

He glanced around the shop and home of new advisor. Years upon years of memories and memorabilia. It didn't escape him how difficult it would be to uproot her life for the good of his fledgling kingdom.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 Empty Wynnsaren

Post  Wynnsaren Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:15 pm

"My dear, Lord Thaddeus," she began with a lilting and kind-hearted laugh, "I have lived through both feast and famine, and learned the value and drawbacks of both. I do not overly concern myself with comforts. As long as I have the stars to guide me and purpose in my heart, I have all that I need, and while I always have the former, you have just provided me with the latter."

Wynnsaren smiled and shut her clouded eyes briefly to better focus on the starlight symphony. It would be a good night to run with Glas and there were so many new developments for her to process. The aasimar found herself feeling more excited than she'd been in a very long time!

"As per your wishes, I will begin the process of packing, tying up loose ends here in New Stetvan, and diverting my regular clients to my new location. Expect me to arrive within about two weeks as long as all goes as intended, and then when you are ready I would be happy to begin introducing you to some of the cultures with which I'm familiar. I also look forward to meeting with your subjects and making myself generally useful until such a time as my given duties are required."

She panned her gaze around the table. "Have you already made arrangements for the evening? If not, you are welcome to stay here, humble accommodations though they be. There is a more comfortable room there," Wynn pointed to a veiled doorway on the western wall, "and you are welcome to anything in the larder.

"Glas and I will be out for a few hours tonight so you will have your privacy and the two of us can stay in the shop for the night. It won't be the first evening I've spent taking my sleep in my workroom, I assure you," she smiled.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 Empty Thaddeus Medvyed

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:43 am

"Point of fact, we actually have arranged rooms at an inn for our stay in town. Though of course, your hospitality is greatly appreciated."

Slowly he rose from the chair, realizing just how dark it had gotten. Sensing no further questions from his friend he prepared to take his leave. He had little doubt that the five of them could talk most of the night away discussing the various plans and necessities for his new kingdom, but that could wait.

"And with that, we'll take our leave," he stated simply. "Tomorrow will be a busy day for us. I'm very pleased that you'll fill our need for diplomat, now I have to go about finding a priest and general.

"Hopefully we'll have as much luck tomorrow as we have today. Should all go accordingly, Novastasia will be in excellent shape."

He grinned as he stuck out his hand. "I hope that we'll cross paths again before we leave, but if not... I look forward to your arrival Ambassador."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 Empty Sarala Medvyed

Post  Sarala Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:29 pm

After having her questions answered, Sarala sat back and quietly took in the rest of the conversation. Listening to Zaistrun she found his whole view on the promotion of their kingdom to be detestable. This time her aversion to his opinion did not solely come from her great dislike for the arrogant sorcerer but also from the fact that she disagreed with his premise. How misguided to believe that the general populace of their prospective kingdom could best be led through immature tricks and stories rather than the benevolent and firm, honest leadership she knew her brother would give.

It irked her how Zaistrun viewed everyone to be beneath him and therefore imbecilic. Nobles were not all Zaistrun made them out to be. Often times they were selfish, greedy and shortsighted like her older brother, Cor. Noble men with truly noble hearts like her father and Thaddeus were few and far between. Sarala hoped that Thad would rise above the machinations of the rich and powerful and rule Novastasia with the wisdom it would need and the justice it would deserve. And she would do her best to aid Thaddeus in whatever way possible.

Having a deeper knowledge of the oracle's past Sarala felt a bit easier about Wynnsaren's involvement in their new endeavor. She no longer felt the need to have the woman watched but she still planned on checking Wynnsaren's story with Oleg and Svetlana. They were the only ones Sarala knew personally who could give any more proof to what Wynnsaren had said. Meanwhile seeing their strange friend give Thaddeus the respect he was due did much to elevate Sarala's opinion of her. Some of Wynnsaren's words escaped Sarala's understanding but she had to admit the simple prophecy of their tie to the part of the Stolen lands they cleared had come true... in a way. So maybe the mystery, and the added insight that Wynnsaren could provide wouldn't be so bad after all.

Upon hearing her brother take his leave of their hostess Sarala rose from her chair, ready for their departure.

"Thank you," she turned to Wynnsaren, still polite but now more relaxed. "Your hospitality has been generous. And your sincerity has done you much credit. I look forward to our working together in the near future.

"May you have safe travels to our new homeland."
Sarala
Sarala

Back to top Go down

Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 Empty Wynnsaren

Post  Wynnsaren Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:22 am

"My king." Wynnsaren received the paladin's hand with the tips of her fingers and fell into a deep curtsy.

He was so very young. They all were! Something about them though...something about him, whether it was what the visions had revealed to her, or what her heart was telling her, gave her confidence that this young idealist was a ruler that she could serve wholly and without reservation. Such was not the case in Brevoy. Two decades was more than enough time spent here, and the oracle felt it was a good point to move on and these were exactly people to move on with.

After rising to her feet, Wynn turned her smile toward Sarala. "Thank you, my dear lady, for being direct with me. I look forward to working with you as well, and I hope you know that if there is anything you wish to talk with me about, that my door is always open.

"Our new homeland..." She chuckled softly. "Yes, I like that very much."

She led them out of the shop and reiterated her goodbyes to each of them in turn, before latching the door behind her and leaning against the wall.

'"By the heavens," Wynn whispered incredulously, and gazed up and beyond the ceiling of her shop. "Ambassador? You couldn't give me a heads up about that?"

Glas was there looking up at her with his prismatic eyes. Friends? As if questioning, the akata signed the words with his tentacles using the adapted method that they had been developing over the last month.

The oracle knelt in front of the beast and smiled proudly. Friends, she signed in confirmation, and stroked his rubbery, leonine body as he thumped his head against hers. Now we run. Now we hunt!

Moments later, the strange companions found themselves outside of the walls of New Stetvan, running east into the forest with only the stars to take any notice of them.
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Prophecies Fullfilled - Page 2 Empty Re: Prophecies Fullfilled

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum