The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Mother Knows Best - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Mother Knows Best

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mother Knows Best - Page 2 Empty Draxthious

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:58 am

As he helped Elle to her feet he placed his hands on her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.  Softly his hands rested on her head, pulling it forward so her forehead rested on his chest while parting her hair to get a look at the bump that was forming.  His fingers were gentle on her scalp as he lightly caressed the knot.  When the poor girl mentioned not being dressed for dinner is when he realized exactly what she was wearing.  Immediately the tips of his pointed ears crimsoned.

"I don't think there's anything wrong with what you are wearing." he said trying for his usual tone and manner of speech.  "And I think we did have a good talk.  Like I mentioned, she's very direct."  As Drax stepped back letting her hair fall back in place he noticed the shock on her otherwise beautiful features.  His mind raced with thoughts, anything to try and figure out why she was that startled.  Was it an elven tradition to dine with family?  Did it have a deeper meaning? Did this mean he had her mother's permission to...to what exactly?  "What, what is it?  What's wrong with your mother cooking dinner for me...us?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Mother Knows Best - Page 2 Empty Bri'ellyith

Post  TRU Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:58 pm

"Her cooking is horrible!" Elle exclaimed, her heart still racing from his oh-so careful inspection of her head. She could feel her cheeks getting hot once again. What was this, the never ending blush?

"I don't know if you can even call what she does with her food cooking! You need to heat something to consider it cooking, don't you?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:05 pm

The tiefling laughed lightly. Elle's blushing was only adding highlights to her beauty and her panicked voice about her mothers cooking was adorable.

"Sometimes yes. Cooking by definition is in fact heating something but that is not the only way to make food." He grin turned wry, "A salad should not be cooked entirely. Sure, some ingredients can be, but could you imagine hot leaves?" he stepped back slowly, still looking her over. "I even know of some soup that is supposed to be served cold."

As one hand ran through his hair, the long locks running through his fingers, he looked down at her. His eyes reflected his worry, the slit shaped pupils widening slightly in the shadows. His tail slowly swirled behind him, the tip curling lightly over and over again. Suddenly he smiled softly, pulling a chair out for her to sit on, "Please, sit. Relax? How are you feeling?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:12 pm

"It must be nice to feel that optimistic." Elle chuckled. "I hope, for your sake, that she makes something palatable. I'm hiding the quinoa either way." She moved over to the shelves on the wall, and after lifting a few of the container lids, selected one, removed it from it's place and dumped it's contents into one of the many hanging pitchers. Then she placed the jar back on the shelf with a relieved sigh. She turned back to look at Drax with a grin, but when she caught the look of worry in his eyes the smile faded. She sighed deeply, trying to push the aside the emotions that were still all too fresh. She had let those emotions overflow just a few hours ago. Her face still felt swollen from all the tears. And she was thirsty. So very thirsty! Grabbing the empty cup off the table she filled it with whatever the juice was that was in the pitcher next to the sink.

"I'd better not, but thanks," she replied in a subdued tone, turning back to the shelves. Selecting another jar, she moved back to the open cupboard under the sink. "If I don't change the crystals on this thing it will never get done."

With some effort, she removed the basin holding the water and positioned herself so she could look at the contraption from underneath. Slowly, carefully, she began to take it apart, taking the time to line each piece up neatly in rows on the floor beside her. As she moved in and out she took care to not hit her head on the cupboard frame anymore.

"I'm a wreck, Drax." the raw truth emerged out from underneath the sink, as Elle attempted to honestly answer his query. "I feel confused, and... all upside down and jumbled!" She spoke so emphatically that her hand jerked a little too fast for the precision work she was trying to do. As a result a handful of damp, translucent white crystals the size of apple seeds rained down on her face. Sputtering and spitting she frantically felt around for the towel she had forgotten to grab in case of such an emergency. In doing so she inadvertently destroyed the careful rows in which she had ordered all her many little parts. Looking at what she had done she swore.

"I can't even keep this together..." she snorted in defeat.
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Drax knelt down next to Elle, a towel in his hand. Gently he took her wandering hand in his and pulled her out from under the cabnet. Once her head was clear he gently began brushing the damp crystals off her face and hair. He used slow, careful strokes making sure to brush them off lightly and not push them into the skin. His other hand rested lightly on the back of her head, holding her gently.

"It's ok. I, well, I really don't know what to say." he said softly yet warmly "But, maybe you are trying to go to fast. You won't get back to normal, or what you feel as normal at least, without time." he slowly lowered the towel. "Get back into your usual way of life. Keep doing what you wanted to do before all this happened."

He grimaces lightly as if he suddenly had a bad taste in his mouth. "I hate to admit it but Colin was right back in the pylon. Keep focusing on what's in front of you. Keep moving forward." The hand on the back of her head slowly caressed her hair. "Even if it doesn't happen tonight, or tomorrow, or even next week. You will get yourself back together. I promise." He smiled warmly, his eyes sparkling slightly, "And you know I will be here, for what ever you need, every step of the way."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Elle gently, but firmly grabbed Drax's hand, towel and all, and held it still. Each brush of the towel was so caring and sweet that part of her didn't want him to stop. This was the second time her had embraced her with such tender impulse that it overwhelmed her a little. His actions exclaimed in vivid detail how he felt about her, as his words strove to say the same-only with much more restraint. Her mother's advice from their conversation earlier rang in her ears. "Do you love him enough to let him love you? Are you willing to show him that regard? Or is his love so trifling to you?" Those words had stung in the moment. Especially after Elle had shared her good intentions with her mother. Her fear that she was too flawed, that Drax deserved more. Her plan to keep him at arms length, to not let him know her feelings for him persist.

But now that the shock of her mother's words had subsided and the sting became the barest prick that Elle realized how true her mother's words were. Here was a man willing to stand by her side despite her irreconcilable flaws. She would be wrong to try and push him away.

It was another in a long, disarrayed list of things she was wrong about. And yet, in spite of her pride, she actually felt glad to be corrected. She would choose to love Draxthious to the best of her ability. He deserved at least that much.

And so, following her own impulses, she used his sturdy hand as leverage to pull herself up so she could kiss his face.
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:05 am

When she took his hand to prevent it from moving anymore he had expected her to push it away. In fact he was in the middle of berating himself for being an idiot when she moved. His surprise was complete when she kissed his jaw just missing his lips. His eyes widened as a myriad of thoughts raced through his head. What was this? Did this mean she was admitting feelings for him? Was it an accident? No, how could it have been an accident? Did she miss on purpose? It was definitely not a 'lets be friends' kiss. Was it a sign? A clear indication of how she felt?

"Wha....I mean...does this....what I'm saying." the teifling rambled on, shock reflected in his eyes.

Those same eyes closed briefly. When they opened again the shock was replaced by resolution. It was a clear sign. In fact, all the signs were there. Their conversations from the Light. Her blushing when ever he came near to touching her. Her sudden nervousness in the same situations. Now this. This kiss was the final proof, she cared for him, she wanted a relationship with him. So she had made the first move. However he, he would make the next.

Slowly he lowered his head to hers taking her lips.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Mother Knows Best - Page 2 Empty Glawarthiel and Bri'ellyith

Post  TRU Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:28 am

Glawarthiel waltzed back into the kitchen, her basket, and arms, full of fruits and vegetables, most of which were out of season, and yet somehow they were still fresh. When she saw the pair pleasantly tangled in a kiss amongst a mess of gears on the floor her smile broadened with pride and even greater joy.

"I'm glad to see you've rested well, my dearest," the elf trilled in amusement, "but if you love birds don't mind tidying your little mess, I would dearly love to use my sink."

Elle startled at the sound of her mother's voice. She broke away from Drax's grasp carefully, biting her lower lip in a sheepish smile. After shaking leftover crystals out of her hair she quickly took inventory of the mess before sweeping the majority of it aside.

"I was just, um, having a look at your filter," she stuttered, "you know, you really ought to change it out more often."

"Well, my dear," Glawarthiel intoned with well honed sass, "I did not realize you needed be acquainted with each piece so intimately in order to refresh that contraption of yours. Now is the thing fixed or shall I go wash these in the greenhouse?"

"No," Elle admitted reluctantly, "I didn't fix it yet. I kinda made a little bit of a mess... But don't go back outside. I'll just plug the drain. We'll make something work." And with that she stuck her head back under the sink for the third time that day.
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:04 am

When he heard Glawarthiel's voice he froze, his eyes widening and the entirety of his ears flushing in a blush. To be honest he had gotten caught up in the moment and forgotten where he was. Needless to say he was brought back to reality quite quickly. He stood up, turning to the cabinet briefly, wondering what in the world Elle's mother must think about him now. Slowly he turned back around smiling warmly and stepping forward. Elle and her mother were talking and she seemed not upset.

"Let uh..let me help with those ma....mom." he said taking arm fulls of the produce. With practiced habit he started to arrange the fruits and vegetables on the counter next to the basin Elle was working under. Carefully he started to examine them, looking for any blemishes on the skin or signs of some deeper in the core. Were any to be found they would be quickly excised, his skill with a knife in the kitchen evident. After Elle had finished plugging the drain and fresh water was pumped in the teifling commenced to washing the food.

In truth everything he was doing was purely by habit. His mind had wandered, thinking back to what had just happened. It was too good to be true and the wide smile on his face told of how he couldn't be happier. Swiftly hands washed the lettuce and spinach. Elle was interested in a relationship with him. Oh they had so many things to talk about. Would his staying by or in her room be awkward now? Should he stay in her room? Did she still need him? What would they tell the others? Would she want to keep it a secret? Would she want to hold hands or link arms in public or otherwise make known she was with him? He had so many questions and he turned to ask Elle, a small fruit in his hand. Which is when he again remembered where he was as he caught sight of Glawarthiel looking at him. Faintly his ears flushed again.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Seeing the man's need to do something useful, and noting his skill with preparing food, Glawarthiel graciously let Drax handle the cleaning process. Having less to do herself she stood back and observed her daughter and the tiefling in their state of awkward fumbling and side-long glances. She was happy. In the short time she had spent with Drax she could see he was a little rough around the edges ('impetuous' had been the word Bri'ellyith had used). Even so, she felt like he had given her a glimpse of his heart, and what she had found there was something worthy of her daughter's love. He was a man who truly wanted the best for her, even if it meant laying aside his pride and accepting the exhortation of others. Glawarthiel's mind went to the story her daughter had related to her about the disagreement Colin and Drax had had over her welfare in the Lady's Light. How even though Drax had tried to fight for his way, when faced with the evidence that Colin was right, Drax had amended his actions. It would not be easy because of his headstrong nature, but she knew that he was still pliable, and that was what was important.

They were two intensely flawed individuals, but if they let love do it's work, they would be each other's greatest help.

"Here," she said to Drax, motioning to the vegetables and fruit he had just finished washing, "Peel the squash, remove the seeds, and julienne the flesh, my dear boy. With hands as deft as yours we will have this food done in no time!" And after producing a bowl out of seemingly no where, she worked in tandem with Drax. Just as she had predicted, the dinner was quickly made. A salad of butternut squash, carrot, avocado, and onion on a bed of spinach, arugula, sage, thyme, mint, and bib lettuce, with a main dish of portobello mushroom caps stuffed with chopped apples, onion, sweet basil, and cashews.

"Now, my children, come together and join me," the elven woman spoke with joyous fervor, grabbing them both by the hands and pulling them toward the table where a pitcher filled with sprigs of greenery graced it's center. Working quickly, so as to catch them off guard, Glawarthiel placed her daughter's hand in Drax's, and deftly wound a green vine of ivy around both of their wrists. She turned and pulled a couple of sprigs of mistletoe out of the pitcher and placed atop her daughter's head like a crown. Elle's eyes were wide with shock and confusion.

Just as Glawarthiel was turning to do the same thing to Drax, Elle found her voice.

"Whoa," she exclaimed in protest, "what on this green earth are you doing, momma?!"

"What do you mean, my dear?" Glawarthiel batted her eyes, feigning innocence. "It's merely an old elven tradition... An expression of love. I had hoped to wait until the upcoming vernal equinox, for that is when nature looks most kindly upon these things. But what with the uncertainty of the Pathfinder schedule, and the intimacy of your living arrangements, I thought it best not to wait."
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Draxthious blinked in mild confusion. One second he was setting the table per Glawarthiel's request, the next his hand is tied to Elle's. A small grin crossed his lips as the entirety of his ears flushed, his fingers reflexively closing over Elle's hand. When she put the plant on her daughters head the teifling had to admit that Elle looked beautiful like that. However Elle seemed to be protesting. He could not figure out why. Glawarthiel said it was an old tradition, merely an expression of love. Did he misread Elle's actions earlier? No, she wouldn't have kissed him if he had. Was she not sure of her feelings? Of his? For that matter why was it so important to mom that they hurry. Yes they lived together and traveled together and they would probably miss the equinox on a hunt for another shard but didn't they have lots of time?

"What is this tradition about mom?" he asked, raising his hand with Elle's tied to it and half smiling at the loops of ivy binding them together.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:24 pm

"I'm pretty sure this is a marriage ceremony Drax," Elle looked at him rolling her eyes, then blushing at the implications of her words. "Not that I don't want to... I mean... It's just that isn't it a little... well... I really like the idea of... oh, hells!" Elle couldn't help but wonder how much her exasperation at her mother's attempts to encourage fidelity was throwing Drax into confusion. They had just kissed, as her mother well knew! Wasn't that enough? Didn't it show that she was accepting Drax love? But even then, it wasn't like one kiss brought about immediate understanding between them. If anything, her mind was full of more questions then it was before. Elle wondered if Drax felt the same. Some of the looks he had given her while they were preparing the food seemed like a crazy mix of joy, relief, and curiosity... though maybe she had just misinterpreted it.

"No, my dear child, on this one you've missed the mark," Glawarthiel patted her daughter's bound hand with deprecating air. "It is not as much of a marriage per se, as it is a yearlong commitment to one another. A trial, you could say, to test the bonds of your love. And if things go well, then you will be married!" The elf smiled winsomely at the two before her.

"How is that even that different?" Elle chuckled in mild defeat. She couldn't even bring herself to be mad, or even embarrassed anymore. When her mother got an idea in her head she was very hard to stop. Elle felt like she needed to at least try, for Drax's sake, if anything.

"Momma," she sighed as she began again in a calmer, gentler tone. "I think I see what you are doing here. And, while I appreciate your intent, I am asking you to give us a little more time. Time to think. Time to talk. Time to figure things out. What you are doing, well, it's serious. I don't know if I'm quite ready to jump into that yet. Please, momma, give us some more time."

"My dear, my bright spot, time is the one thing you are most short on. Especially now that you walk in human skin. Time is precious, and I do not wish for you to waste it." Glawarthiel brushed a strand of her daughter's hair back behind her ear. "Besides the fact that you will be continuing on the road again soon. Your days adventuring do not lend themselves to an easy courtship. The heady perfume of young love will only dull your senses, and you need clarity for the work you have chosen. A little more commitment, I believe, would only aid in focusing you on the tasks ahead. The Cam-corm Yanwuva would avail such an attitude of focus."

Her mother had a point. But even so, Elle couldn't help feeling extremely rushed. Tilting her head to the side she raised her eyebrows at Drax in a questioning furrow.

"I don't know what else to say. You got anything?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:28 pm

Ever since Elle mentioned marriage the poor tiefling's mouth had been moving. It appeared he was trying to say something however no sound was coming out. His ears flushed fully, a brilliant shade of scarlet as he continued to be both surprised and somewhat pleased by this turn of events. However he knew Elle was right. It was moving pretty fast. They had only just kissed! He didn't even know if she wanted to let anyone else know she was with him and now her mother was asking them to be pseudo-married? On the other hand Glawarthiel was also right. Their future was uncertain. They would be going off into danger almost immediately after getting home. Knowing she was promised to him would alleviate some worry but then again, he had never experienced any relationship like this one. The young man closed his mouth and eyes briefly, taking a deep breath.

"Ma...Mom, I understand your reasoning. I'm not opposed to the idea at all but Elle is right, it is moving pretty fast. Neither of us are familiar with relationships like this." His fingers interlaced themselves with Elle's, their wrists still bound together. "I know I have a lot of things I want to talk to your daughter about. While right now I am happier than I've ever been, again, this is new to me. To us."

His eyes narrowed in thought, a curious expression crossing his features. "Unless, what you are suggesting is we take this year, learn everything there is to know about each other. Take our time as it were, within the year, to see how everything goes. Not rushing, but instead a promise to do everything we can to learn, grow, experience everything but at our own pace."

Drax shrugged, looking down at Elle and smiling warmly. "I don't know. What do you think about this? I would not make a decision without your honest opinion."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Elle couldn't help but return Drax's smile. It was very gratifying to see him so happy. And yet, despite her own exhilaration, she couldn't decide what was best to do. Her mind was like a pot ready to boil, with all the bubbles of thought coming to the surface and colliding with each other. Every time she tried to follow a train of thought it slipped away from her mental grasp. Her smile turned to a look of confusion. She blinked her eyes and tried to clear her head with a shake but it didn't help much. Maybe she was hungrier than she thought. Had she even eaten anything that day? Drax had made something wonderful for breakfast, but in her anxiety she hadn't eaten much of it. She needed food.

"No," she looked back up at Drax, her eyes clear and serious. "I need more time to think about this, momma. It's been a day... a week of crazy, and I need to sort the pieces. I need to see how they all fit.

"I don't want to take this lightly," she squeezed the tiefling's hand, "but I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist. Cam-corm Yanwuva will have to wait.

"Besides, I only just started to walk in this human skin. I am not much more than a mewling babe. Don't you think I should grow up a bit before you decide to throw me at handsome men?" Elle gave her mother a teasing glance.

"You are no 'mewling babe'," Glawarthiel chided in a good-natured air. "You are a strong, stubborn girl who goes her own way." She patted her daughter's hand as she began to loosen the vine.

"What?" Elle asked in surprise. "That's it? No cajoling? No stern reprimands? I thought for sure you would be harder to convince!"

"Well, my dear, I must admit you are right, this is not something to be taken lightly. Though I still believe this commitment would benefit you in the long run, it should be something you desire." The elf smiled at the two of them. "I will acquiesce, but I ask in return that you consider my words."

"I will, momma," Elle returned sincerely, "you know I will."

"And Draxthious," the elf locked stern eyes on the tiefling, "you must keep control. Your love will need it most. It is one thing to talk of taking things slow, but a very much another to live it. Grow roots before leaves."
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:19 pm

The tiefling nodded his agreement with Glawarthiel's statement as they started to eat the supper prepared by the elf matron. It was halfway through the meal that he realized what she was referring to and when he did his ears turned scarlet briefly. The rest of the meal passed with much small talk. Elle's mother had many questions for the two new lovers, mostly about their adventures together. Any questions about his past though the young man hedged his answers.Thankfully Elle covered for him as well, helping to move the topics along. Before the three knew it time had passed and it was well into the evening.

Drax and Elle said goodnight to Glawarthiel, promising the woman that when they returned from the next excursion they would again come for dinner. Drax had a feeling they would show up early just so Elle could again hide the quinoa again. As the two made their way out of the garden the tiefling seemed to hesitate for a second. Then as if making up his mind his hand reached out for hers, taking it lightly and holding it as they walked.

Would she continue to hold his hand in public? Would she want the people of the city to know she was with something like him? Time would tell as the approached a more busy intersection. Her continuing to hold his hand would mean the world to him, but even if she didn't, he couldn't begrudge tonight. It was thus far more than he could have hoped for.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 pm

"I'm sorry if momma made you uncomfortable with all her questions, especially the ones about your past," Elle regretfully apologized, the image of Drax's scared back still fresh in her mind.

"Momma can be a bit nosy at times... She actually kept it fairly cool today, which really surprised me, all things considered. Even so, she didn't know what she was asking, or how much pain it might bring you to answer. I think she finally figured something was up when she caught us deflecting. I'm glad she decided to not pursue the matter after that."

Elle squeezed Drax's hand as they navigated through a congregation of people in the road. She didn't want to lose him in the midst of the jostling crowd, and his natural gait was faster than hers so she needed the anchor in order to keep up. Besides, it was comforting to feel the warmth of his touch against her skin. It calmed the nerves that had been rattling inside her ever since their trip to the Lady's Light. The nerves that seemed to keep her tied up in knots at all hours of the day and night. She had too many unanswered questions to form a coherent thought. She desperately wanted to get back to normal... whatever that looked like anymore. Even so she couldn't help but feel that Drax was right. She was trying to hard, going to fast. She needed to slow things down, and take life one question at a time.

And she knew which question she wanted to answer before this day was through.

"Drax," Elle tugged gently on the tiefling's as she spotted a small public bench on the corner of a quieter street ahead. She danced ahead of him, pulling him toward the seat.

"Come over here and lets sit a minute. I don't really feel like going back to the manor just yet." She look at him with uncertain eyes, as if she were nervous to be in his presence again. "Do you mind if we sit awhile and talk?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Drax was over the moon. Not only did she not let go of his hand, she held on tighter even as more and more people surrounded them. For the most part the tiefling led the way through the crowd. His mind fluttered to and fro with thoughts and questions. There were things he was dying to know, questions he desperately wanted to ask but he didn't want to interrupt the mood. Things were good right now and he was afraid if he asked to stop and talk it would break what ever wonderful spell they were under. So when she moved ahead of him pulling him to a bench and asked to talk he was pleasantly surprised.

"Of course." he said smiling warmly, happily. Happier than he could ever remember being in his life before. "I admit, I was hoping to talk some more with you but I didn't know if you wanted to get some rest." They reached the bench and sat down though he didn't release her hand forcing them to sit close together. "I don't know how long of a nap you got at your mom's and I know it's been an eventful day. I didn't want to make you overdo it."

Suddenly from behind them a squirrel broke from the bush and chittered at them angrily. Apparently when they had sat down it had woken the creature from it's nap. Drax looked at the small forest animal quizzically for a second before his ears flushed slightly as he looked back at Elle.

"You know, you remind me of a squirrel." he said softly, his smile widening slightly at her quizzical look. "They are absolutely adorable, petite animals and they are far smarter than anyone gives them credit for." His hand tightened on hers taking a chance and bringing it up to his lips. He kissed the back of her hand softly before continuing. "I've seen these little guys solve all kinds of supposedly squirrel proof traps to get what they want." His smile warmed even more if that was possible, "And you are so smart. Far smarter than I. I have seen you solve things that I thought for sure couldn't be solved." His tiger slitted eyes twinkled, "And you have always been beautiful well beyond adorable."

His ears flushed again, slightly longer this time. "Am I being too sappy?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:32 pm

"Watch it there with the smooth moves, lover boy," Elle murmured playfully, gently teasing Drax for kissing the back of her hand. "And yes, you are being a bit sappy," she smiled up at him, "but I think that's perfectly okay. It's you."

Elle watched the squirrel tear around the lawn and scamper up and down a couple of nearby trees. 

"So, a squirrel, huh?" Behind pursed lips (curved in a subtle smirk) she ran her tongue over her lips. "I didn't realize my new front teeth were so prominent... Maybe the ancient Thassalons had a weird rodent fetish." She arched one of her eyebrows while giving Drax a wry grin.   

"So, what else did you want to talk about besides likening me to small scrappy scavengers?"

Last edited by TRU on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Draxthious chuckled lightly, barely resisting the urge to make a comment about her teeth. Slowly his grin diminished but never disappeared.

"Us." he said simply, his hand tightening around hers again. "I mean, this is amazing and wonderful and probably so many other words I don't know to describe how happy I am right now." His eyes shone as he continued, "What I'm trying to say, is what ever you decide, I'll be fine with."

His other hand slid across the back of his neck, rubbing lightly. "I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I?" he asked sheepishly. "I mean, I know I'm not the most....what I mean is....If you wanted to keep our relationship a secret from people, I'm ok with that as long as I'm with you." His ears flushed again as he continued, "And yes, I'm assuming a relationship because this." he said squeezing her hand tighter, "feels too right not to be."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:18 pm

"Yeah, I think I want to make a go of it. Give this 'us' thing a chance." Elle spoke with soft sincerity. "I had thought myself to be a confirmed spinster for a while now. I wasn't even sure if I was good relationship material. I guess this is one of those times when life gives a second chance. And though I'm a little scared I figure I'd better take that chance before it's gone again.

"I like you, I like us, I think I always have. Why do you think I would want to hide that?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:23 pm

He smiled softly, happily. "Lingering doubts on my self confidence." he chuckled lightly. "I still can't believe I'm not dreaming.

"I definitely like 'us'." he continued, "and I know I've liked you for a while. You say you don't want to hide this, then I'm even happier than I was before." His grin widened slightly, "Which brings us to another question. What do we tell Colin and Pyraxis. I mean, I know what we tell them, but how?" One shoulder shrugged slightly, "For that matter, what will Penny say?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:25 pm

"Preferably we should use our mouths to tell them, and by mouths, I mean words... though kissing would get the point across." Elle grinned mischeviously.

"I do believe protocol dictates a formal declaration of intentions only be made to the family of the feminine party... as for our friends, I don't know?" Elle shrugged. "When all of the "heirs" paired off we never bothered to tell eachother, we always just found out eventually. Somehow I don't think that would be good enough for our friends. I think they deserve to be shown more deference than that.

"I think we could tell them tomorrow morning at the breakfast table, holding hands just like this. We could say that we've entered into a courtship, that we are romantically inclined, that you have intent to pursue me, that we like each other and we want to see where this goes... I don't think we need to be fancy, just honest.

"As for my sister," Elle's face grew pensive, "I so wish she could hear our news in person, but I suppose a letter will have to suffice. I don't want to keep something this important, this thrilling away from her.

"I wish I knew what she will say... I hope she'll be glad," Elle forced a quick sigh of concern. "I really hate to disappoint her, in anything. She's the main reason I'm even considering going with you guys to Kaer Maga. I desperately do not want to let her down, and I feel like I would be doing just that if I stayed behind."

Elle turned back from blankly staring at the quiet street in front of them and looked at Drax with curious eyes.

"What about you? Is there anyone else you want to tell besides our little vanguard?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Drax shook his head. "No, I have no family, no one outside of our little group." he smiled a little sadly. "Though I wouldn't mind shouting it from the rooftops if that's what you wanted."

His head tilted slightly as he considered his next words carefully. "Sweety, I understand why you would want to stay instead of going back to that horrible city. I think however you not going would not be a disappointment to your sister, but a disservice to you." He turned his body so it was fully facing her taking her other hand in his as well. "You need to keep moving forward and not coming along with them, with us, would not be doing that." He smiled softly, his eyes reflecting his belief in her strength, "You are stronger than you give yourself credit for and I know things are moving at breakneck speed but I think if you stopped moving now you would be lost." He continued to look into her eyes, his blue tiger slitted ones matching her vibrant green orbs. "I just found you, I couldn't bear to lose you again."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:31 pm

"I've been here for going on five years now, Drax, was I really that hard to find?" Elle spoke the words sweetly, one side of her mouth turned up in a little grin. "Don't worry, I'll come with you guys to the city of strangers. I can't let you have all the fun without me. I just hope I don't accidentally kill you all in a fit of the crazy..."

Her eyes took on a worried look for a moment before she reverted back to the half grin.

"So, infinitely curious one, have I answered all your questions?"
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:34 pm

"You are not now, nor have you ever been crazy." the tiefling exclaimed, "And nothing you say will convince me otherwise."

He had caught the change in her eyes, the look of worry. It stole some of the joy from his eyes as he grew concerned.

"Mostly for now, though I'd like to believe that we have the rest of our lives to answer the ones I do have left. Except for one." He squeezed her hands in his, "What's wrong? I saw the look in your eyes change, the worry you have about something. Please little squirrel, tell me?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Mother Knows Best - Page 2 Empty Re: Mother Knows Best

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum