The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Therogeon laughed with his friend. Rarely had any of them been able to laugh so freely, so often. It was wonderful to just relax. Mystra knows they all had been through enough lately. This casual banter, this easy talking and laughing was truely a gift.

The half-elf was still chuckeling when he caught something that Elric had said. "Wait a minute...you said -everyone- acts like you should feel guilty. Now I am relatively sure Ashara wouldn't be upset at seeing you, so that means that you got caught. Ha Ha, who was it? Ashara's mother or our resident pixie and party expert? And please, while you're explaining this wonderful encounter, without too many details please, you can show me this amazing gift she got you. The one that had you breaking tradition to see her."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:08 pm

"Tradition?" Elric asked with honest confusion. "Now I specifically asked what the customs around here were... and nobody mentioned I couldn't see the bride for what... two days before the wedding!" He leaned back in a thoughtful position. "Either that's a Waterdeep thing, or someone decided not to tell me about that one!" A grin lit up his face again. "Either way, its a stupid tradition, and I never heard of it!"

Despite his earlier proclamation of innocence he did start to blush again. "I think if Gwilly had been the one to catch me, I'd have been hit with a sleep arrow and left in their front yard till morning... No, it was her mother!" He tried to hide a sheepish grin as he served up some of the pie.

"And she didn't 'catch' me... I wasn't do anything wrong! Just wanted to thank her for the sword..."

He got up rather suddenly and started heading for the stairs. "That's right! You haven't seen it yet! Nobody has really... except for Eddick, but he brought it to me! Wait here!" He took the stairs two at a time till he got to his room where the precious sword was still strapped around his wedding doublet. Gently he lifted it up and admired it once again.

A short time later he returned to the kitchen and laid it carefully on the table. "It was my fathers. I don't know how much you know about my father... For that matter there isn't much I know about him... but I've found some new information."

"He wasn't always a shepherd... he used to be an adventurer like us! Ashara was able to track down his sword and bring it back to me. A keepsake for future generations." His voice had gotten more solemn as he continued to tell the story as he knew it. It was a condensed version. He made no mention of the memory read they had shared back at midwinter, or all the trials Ashara had dealt with in Carradoon. Those were still private, but in his hasty telling, he got most of the information out.

"When I wear this tomorrow, it'll... it'll feel like my father's there beside me." he ended the telling.

Suddenly his ears got very bright and he got that sheepish grin again. "Naturally I simply had to thank her! Her mother didn't necessarily agree... and I was promptly shown the window."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:20 am

He whistled softly. The sword was indeed magnificant, beautifully crafted and detailed. There was no magic about the sword, he could tell that much just by looking at it. However the make was of such exceptional craftsmanship that it would easily accept imbuing. By it's appearance it seemed elven, and Therogeon had to admidt, even though Elric was a fighter without weapons the sword seemed to fit him well.

He clapped his friend on the shoulder, smiling warmly as he took his piece of pie. "I am very happy for you my friend. That is a truely amazing gift and it almost seems like it was made for you." The wizard grinned, "As for tradition, well, why do you think they seperated you two? If you were allowed to see each other why not stay in the same house if not the same room. Still, I agree, thanking her in person definitely was appropriate." He leaned back and smiled around a bite of the really good pie.

He finished the pie and scratched Calim's head. The puppy was sitting happily next to his master licking the remnants of the roast beef off of Therogeon's plate. The half-elf looked up at his friend and smiled warmly. "I have only one question my friend," he started then leaned forward as he continued, "What in Toril am I going to get you guys for a wedding present? I know, I know, a little late to worrying about it now on the night before the service." He grinned, "But I really have no idea. Is there anything you two need or would like?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:34 pm

"Hmmm.... " Elric put his chin in his hand and thought intensely. "It's not often you get an offer like that from a great and powerful wizard! That kind of offer you need to put some thought into!"

Grinning he looked across the table at the mage. "Honestly, I can't think of anything. Gifts are neither needed nor expected, my friend." He was glad of this time with Therogeon. With the group around all the time, and the chaos of the road, not to mention the mage's studies... it was a rarity that just the two of them sat and talked. Not since they had moved out of the little house that had once been his fathers and moved into this much larger house with the entire group.

"You've already done more than enough for one life. Don't think I've forgotten how you invited a perfect stranger into your home." Talk of the old days made him smile. Still hard to believe that so much had happened in so short of a time. Therogeon was a prime example. His most powerful and practical spell at the time was whispering into the wind so people across town would hear him... Whereas the last spell he saw the half-elf cast had disintegrated the Flaming Dragon Avatar of Xvim.

All in two years. It was no wonder the common folk held magic users in such awe.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:49 pm

The wizard laughed, "Great and powerful indeed. Please, I am no Elminster or Khelben 'Blackstaff'." He sighed lightly, a contented smile on his face as he continued, "I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the world." Therogeon stretched his arms out over his head before bringing them back down. "True, I've had more blessings in my time than any one man should. I have my family. And even if we are not related by geneology, we have shed enough blood together to be related many times over."

Therogeon leaned forward and looked into Elric's eyes, "You are my brother as surely as if our parents were the same. You and Ashara are my closest friends, the ones whom I trust more than anything." He grinned, "And I invited a stranger into his own house. You had, still have, as much right to that house as anyone, myself included. So I trust you will forgive me if I desire to give you something special on the day you are wed."

The half-elf stood and walked lightly to the window, his gaze focusing on the clear winter sky. "I am not good with social interactions, and I know I have not always been the most...considerate of companions." He turned to his friend, "So yes, I am going to get you something. Whether you want that sword enchanted, or if you for some reason want it to rain fire from the sky." He paused, "Well, I admidt that fire raining isn't really a strong suit of mine, by Mystra I would find a way to do it."

He walked back over to Elric and lightly placed a hand on his shoulder. "So please, name it my friend. Anything that is within my power is yours, and at the risk of becoming arrogant, I do have a bit of power at my disposal. At your disposal."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:54 pm

"Simple?" Elric laughed at the idea. "I can think of a lot of descriptions for you, but I don't think a Simple man would make the top ten." he leaned back in his chair and pushed the plates away. He was quite full. The food didn't stop the butterflies, but it may have slowed them down... Either way he was beginning to regret eating so much today.

"As for family, Lately I've been learning the true value of familiy. More importantly when and how to recognize it. The grand majority of my 'family' have no blood ties to me at all. You are a brother by blood spilt if not blood borne, but more importantly you are my friend." A grimace crossed his face as he remembered his fist connecting with the mages face. "One whom I haven't always seen eye to eye with, but still one of the best friends a man can ask for. Family you have little say in, but friends you get to choose."

"And as such, I will not try any harder to disuade you from showering us with gifts. I believe Eddick has intentions on doing so... You have as much right as he." he just shook his head with a smile.

"As for ideas... I have no suggestions. I don't know what Ashara has in mind with the sword yet. I believe she intends to enchant it as she did my ring." A hint of frustration entered his voice. "We really didn't get a chance to talk about it yet..."

"I think fire from the sky may ruin Gwilly's party, and neither of us want THAT..." He said with a quick laugh. "Use your own discretion... I know we didn't give a whole lot of warning... I'm sure whatever you come up with will be amazing as usual!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Therogeon chuckled again. He truely didn't remember the last time he laughed so well or so often. "Amazing am I?" The half-elf stood and sketched a deep and formal bow to his friend, "Sir you are too kind." He grinned and sat back down, "Still...I do have an idea." As his eyes took on a thoughtfull mein the silver fire inside them flared breifly.

He waved his hands dismissively, moving on to a different subject. "So, tomorrow you marry the woman you love. Some would say that this is the greatest adventure you have ever been on. Tell me my friend, are you more scared now, or when we were about to enter Dagadar?" He grinned widely.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:19 pm

Elric looked at the mage with a peculiar look on his face. "Do you mean just as we were walking into Dagadar? That wasn't fear... That was confusion!" He chuckled at the memory of Ashara bearing her heart and leaving him dazed and confused in her wake. "Now... Calimport was fear! That has this beat hands down!"

He took a deep breath and tried to relax. "No, my friend. This isn't fear. This is excitement, anticipation, nervousness perhaps... Lots of emotions going on, but Fear isn't one of them!"

The butterflies were back. Nothing about tomorrow made him afraid. Only excited. He couldn't imagine falling asleep tonight... but dawn waited for nobody. Perhaps he should just skip sleeping tonight?
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:33 am

A thoughtful expression crossed Therogeon's face as he watched and listened to the emotions Elric listed cross the warriors face. "You know," He started, "I do have something that would allow you to sleep and still wake up on time for the ceramony." He grinned again as he leaned forward, "If I'm reading you correctly, right about now you're thinking about how impossible sleep would be tonight."

He leaned back again though the grin never left his face. "I know if -I- were excited, nervous, and in anticipation I'd have a hard time sleeping. Well, I am going to let you in on a little secret." The half-elf wizard leaned forward, a mischevious glint in his eyes as he whispered conspiratorily, "I am an herbalist." He winked as he leaned back.

"Seriously, it would take me about ten minutes to come up with the combination that would allow you to sleep all night and wake just before dawn. And actually most of that time would be the mathmatical formula needed to get the dosing just right." His grin widened slightly, "We wouldn't want you to sleep until noon after all." Therogeon spread his arms, "What do you say my friend?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Re: 14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 am

"I think if you drugged me till noon, you would get a lot of people... very upset!" Elric laughed. "Besides, you do realize I spent a good part of the day expecting a sleep arrow in the back... I think I'll pass on any herbalogical remedies!"

"Though perhaps some tea would help... You do make a pretty good tea!" Elric looked out into the night. The time was flying. He'd probably best call it a night soon. "One cup of tea, then we'll see how it goes..."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:55 am

The half-elf smiled at his friend and rose to prepare the tea. Calim had curled up on the floor next to the fire place and was twitching slightly while he slept. Therogeon took some of the special tea leaves he had gathered over the months and a pot of water, which he placed on the hook over the fire. He placed the tea leaves inside a special container, a small basket that could be closed to prevent the leaves from floating out, with a long handle so it could be placed into the water. Once that was done he turned back to Elric.

"This will take just a minute to brew and it doesn't have any special ingrediants." He smiled at his friend, "Come, let us rest and relax the rest of the night. Dawn will come very quickly, probably much faster than it normally would. Or at least it will seem that way."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Gwilly

Post  TRU Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Gwilly left the Rosemorn’s full and happy. When she arrived at their house all was quiet and dark already. It must have been later then she thought if everyone was already in bed. The pixie raided their kitchen for a few morsels of food and then left a note in the kitchen for Arryn find in the morning. It read: “Needed something to eat but you were asleep so I helped myself because I knew you wouldn’t mind. Now I am off to get the shrine ready for the ceremony. ~Gwilly”

Gwilly knew she would have to move fast to get everything ready before people started to show up. She flew quickly to the shrine of Lathander and cast her dancing lights to illuminate the place while she worked. The night was always so dark in the winter time. Thank goodness for the reflection of the lights off the snow to make things brighter. Eventually the snow would have to go. Gwilly hovered in the air a moment as a thought struck her and proceeded to rattle around in her little head. Sure she had wanted to make this place into a garden blooming in the spring time, but why not leave to snow? Snow was quite beautiful and it would add a wonderful contrast to the brilliant colors of all the flowers she was about to “grow” out of the ground. Yes, the snow was going to stay!

The pixie decided to work from the ground up. Upon the snow in front of the shrine covering an area of about 6’ by 10’ Gwilly drew a picture of the rising sun. It was similar to the insignia of for the Champions and yet much more detailed. A burnished bronze sphere peeked over small lavender hills. Rays of yellow, orange, and pink rose petals shone out in broadening, wavy lines from the rising sun, stretching across a violet sky.

On either side of the alter Gwilly “erected” two 10’ tall golden pillars that shone as is if they had been polished for days! Around each of the pillars crawled three vines of miniature white and green ivy as well as a creeping rosebush in full bloom with miniature soft pink tea roses, and at their base crocuses, snowbells and narcissus poked their little head up through the snow. Between the pillars a gauze-like cloth was draped so that it would hang down and almost touch the top of the alter. It simmered as if it had a million stars woven into it. Gwilly placed a dancing light over each of the pillars and cause the other three to look like candles lit at the alter.

On either side of the pillars Gwilly grew a hedge of rose bushes in full bloom that skirted the edge of her sunrise on the ground. The roses were of the same hue as the petals Ashara received from Lathander in Dagadar. Over the hedges she draped the same gauze like cloth that hung between the pillars.

Lastly she cause all the trees that could be seen from the shrine to look as it they were in full bloom for on this day in the middle of winter, spring had come.
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:46 pm

They sat that way for the next couple of hours. Laughing, reminiscing, just talking. Eventually the two friends found themselves stifling more yawns than actually talking. For the fifth time that night, Elric claimed that he really should get to sleep. Finally he seemed to mean it.

Stretching as he rose, he said his farewells. His head felt fuzzy from all the excitement and perhaps lack of sleep, but it still kept buzzing. The tea had helped calm him... but not much. Sitting on the edge of his bed, he looked out into the night. He couldn't help but wonder what the others were up to. Eddick was off on his mysterious errand. Kaber in the mountains. Ashara? Probably lying awake trying to sleep too. Gwilly? She never slept on a normal night... what was she doing THIS night! She was taking her job as Official Wedding Planner quite seriously. He really had expected her to show up sometime this day and tease him mercilessly. But she was apparently much to busy...

Elric was a little concerned about that... He didn't think the Great Party in Zazzespur had been planned this much! He wondered what they were walking into tomorrow.

With thoughts like these he finally felt himself start to drift off. He was used to get up at first dawn for years, but since sharing their morning practices he had been getting up a short time before first light. Tomorrow, (today?) he had to be up much earlier than usual. He had a lot to do before the new day started. New life started! The last thoughts he had were a prayer to the Morninglord that he wouldn't oversleep. The last thing he saw before losing consciousness was the glow of his partially covered holy symbol shining on a red and gold doublet and a perfect crown of flowers.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Sleepy, hazel eyes fluttered open slowly, and she was confused for a moment as to where and when she was. How long had it been since she'd slept in her old room? The nearly overwhelming scent of lavender brought her back to the present. It was finally here! The day she'd been anticipating for...how could it only have been two months since their engagement?! A wide smile crept across her face in spite of the butterflies that suddenly raged to life at the thought of Elric waiting for her at the altar. Blowing out a long breath to calm herself, Ashara closed her hand closed around the onyx pendant he had given her as a gift last night, just to be sure it wasn't all a dream!

The sky was dark yet, without a hint of grey, but as she leaped out from under the covers, her medallion lit up the tiny room like mid-day. Failed crowns engulfed her small work desk and flowers littered the floor. The young woman wasn't sure how many crowns she'd made, nor how late it was when she finally achieved what she had hoped for, but looking at it resting on her nightstand, it was still as perfect as she remembered! The long lavender stems were braided at the base of the crown, then more were woven in to form a wide lattice-like band. The purple flower spikes lined the top edge of the crown and at the center they rose gently upward, leaning towards eachother to create a small peak. Yellow alyssum were tucked in throughout the latticework like tiny flowers within a trellis. Ashara had considered using magic to create something a bit more spectacular, but decided against it. It was gracefully beautiful and perfect in its simplicity. She didn't want to add anything to the crown that she didn't create with her own abilities, and she was proud of what she had done!

Her mother must have seen the light streaming out from beneath the door, because Ashara soon heard a knock just as the woman entered.

"Good mornin'!" Arryn Rosemorn beamed at her daughter as she rushed over to wrap her in a quick hug before pulling her back to arms' length. She looked the young woman over and pushed some of the wild hair back behind an ear. "We've a few hours 't prepare ye to meet yer husband, and from the look o' ye, we've got us some work 't do!

Ashara's fierce blush only caused her mother to grin the wider. "Are ye ready fer this, Ashes? Today'll be a day ye'll remember fer all yer life, but ye gotta know that it ain't this day that's the most important. Ev'ry day after this'n is more important then the one b'fore. Yer here 't start a new life with that young man, so there better be no doubtin'!" Arryn chuckled at the question. She already knew the answer, but as a mother, it was her right and duty to ask!

The young woman smiled brightly and chuckled along with her mother before kissing her on the cheek. "No momma, no doubts at all, and yes I'm ready for this," she laughed, "all the anticipation is killing me!"

"Alrighty then!" Arryn smiled and threw Ashara a towel. "I've already heated a bath fer ye, so go git yerself clean and we'll see what we kin do 'bout that crazy mop o' hair!"

With a chuckle and a teasing roll of her eyes, Ashara caught the towel and started out the door of her room.

"Oh, n' Ashes," Arryn began softly, stopping her daughter in the doorway, "be gentle with yer father t'day. He's feelin' a bit like he's losin' a daughter and a son... Arturo's spirit is hangin' heavy on 'im. He's wishin' 'is friend could be here t'day of all days."

The young woman nodded in understanding and thanked her mother before heading out to her bath. From the glistening in the woman's eyes as she was speaking, Ashara didn't think her father was the only one feeling emotional today!

Last edited by Ashara on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:02 pm

Slowly he drifted back awake. It was still dark, but he somehow knew it was time to wake up. Groaning as he sat up, he wiped his eyes and looked around. There on the chair just as he'd left it was his wedding doublet. The haze of sleep fell away and his face broke into a massive grin.

It was finally here! More than once he'd feared this wedding would never happen. There was always something 'more' important going on. Some catastrophe or other that required them to put their lives on hold and attend to. Not to mention the fact that monsters, dragons, and all the gods of evil seemed to be conspiring against them...

With a feeling of trepidation he looked out the window into the night. Everything was silent. No fires in the distance, no green glows seen from across the realms, not even the beating of giant wings. Just peace all around.

He took the stairs two at a time as he headed for the training room. It was unusual for the house to be 'this' quiet. Granted it was earlier than usual, but living with a Morninglord and a pixie, it was never this quiet. Therogeon must have retired back to his own dwelling, and Kaber still was nowhere to be seen. Eddick had mentioned an Errand yesterday. Ashara was with her parents, and who knew where Gwilly was. Probably still trying to get decorations 'just' right. As he started heating up the water he couldn't help but chuckle. She'd better not try to shooing him away today! She was out of time! When the dawn broke the horizon he knew exactly where he'd be standing. No pixie, or dragon for that matter, would get in the way now!

While the water was heating, he decided to squeeze in his morning workout. It was a short workout, but it helped clear his head. Helped put his thoughts in order. His mind was a chaotic mess this morning. So much was happening. His life was about to change drastically. He'd never spent a lot of time thinking about the future, but today his whole life kept flashing through his mind. Not just the wife he was about to take and the family he could almost picture, but the past that had lead him to this place.

He wished Eldorath could be here today, but it wasn't realistic. That old elf literally could be anywhere in the world right now. He wished Vailis could have been there too, but the whole siege thing made social visits a little problematic. He looked forward to whenever he could introduce them to Ashara.

Sometime later, he found himself staring at a stranger in the mirror. Rarely had he put this much work into his appearance. He'd scrubbed himself till he glowed. Long hair cleaned and brushed with a single braid down the right side of his face like he'd seen the elven nobles wear. He chuckled as he realized that before their midwinter experience he hadn't even known 'how' to braid!

The Holy Symbol that Ashara had given him when she'd first spoke of her feelings shone around his neck.The way the light gleamed off the golden threadwork of his tunic and his fathers sword, he realized with amazement he could easily pass for an elvish prince.

With that thought, he left the home of the Champions of the Red Dawn and went toward the altar where he'd meet his princess.

Last edited by Elric on Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:10 pm

Ashara held her hair to one side, as her mother laced her tightly into the beautiful dress. Arryn had noticed the scars this time, gasping softly as she ran a finger over the angry purple lines. She didn't even ask. Probably didn't want to know, and the young woman was glad of it. The back of the dress covered all but the tops of the scars and though she was hardly ashamed, on this day she didn't want to have to explain to anyone what happened.

As her mother laid the cape of crimson velvet over her shoulders, Ashara's eyes were drawn to Dawnspeaker resting on the top of the desk. Standing there on the other side of the room, it was probably as far from the holy mace as she'd been since receiving it in Dagadar. She had been considering carrying it at her side to the altar. 'Not today,' she decided in her mind at that moment. Just for this one day she wanted to simply be Ashara, daughter of Ebbard and Arryn Rosemorn, and soon, wife of Elric Everdawn. Dawnspeaker weighed next to nothing, but the burden that accompanied it was more than she wanted to bear on this day. Just for this one day...

She finished fussing with her daughter, and Arryn Rosemorn grinned in satisfaction as she pulled her over to the mirror so she could see her reflection. Her hair had been brushed into shining copper waves that spilled down over her shoulders, and her skin glowed pink from excitement as well as the heated bath. Elric's onyx pendant hung just above the shining jeweled medallion against her chest, and she wore the dragon bone ring that he had made for them all what seemed like a lifetime ago. Ashara's fingers traced the embroidered sunrise on the dress' satin bodice and she began nearly trembling in anticipation. Smiling happily, she spun around to hug her mother, who couldn't help the tears that started to fall.

"Ye look beautiful, Ashes," she sniffled, "it looks as if the stars are shinin' right through yer eyes!"

"Thank you, momma," Ashara laughed, kissing her mother's tear-stained cheeks, "for everything!" She glanced out the eastern facing window and saw the sky beginning to grey. "It's time now, he must be there already!" The butterflies were fluttering up into her throat at this point.

"Bah, there's plenty o' time fer the walk," Arryn said dismissively, but did noticeably quicken her pace at her daughter's concern. "Don't forget t' grab the boy's crown, ye spent far too much time on it t' leave it in the room!"

Ashara gingerly picked up the wreath and pulled up the hood of the cape before rushing downstairs to where her father was waiting at the door.

The old farmer stood as the young woman approached him. He was wearing clean black breeches with the vest and tunic he only pulled out for the most special of occasions. Ashara pretended not to notice the proud man's bottom lip quiver slightly as she laced her arm through his with a bright smile.

"Don't even seem possible we're here already, Arryn..." Ebbard mumbled softly to his wife, as he patted his daughter's hand.

Her mother smiled and gave him a quick kiss. "Ye'll be fine, dear," she said with a reassuring wink as she threw her winter coat over her simple blue dress and headed out ahead of them at a brisk pace to the shrine.

"Well, Ashes, we'd best be goin' then too. I ain't wantin' t' risk gettin' me throat punched if I make ye late!" Her father chuckled at the joke as he lead her out into the chill winter air toward the altar where her betrothed would be waiting.

She didn't feel the cold, and she was quite sure that the only thing holding her to the ground at that time was her father's arm. Ashara's nerves demanded that she move faster, but the old farmer plodded along at a steady pace. They wouldn't be late, in spite of her worries, but every step seemed to take an eternity!
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Sir Evatt Silverthorne

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:11 am

A familiar white horse rode into town just as the blue of the evening was beginning to lighten. But on closer inspection, it was not the white horse that the townspeople had become accustomed to riding in at breakneck speeds toward Therogeon's house. There were three main differences. First, this one was covered in a Golden Badger hide that glistened in the dim light. Secondly, it was also covered in scars. Thirdly, it carried a man who looked every inch of foreign.

Its rider looked quite at home atop the fine animal, even with the lack of a saddle. He wore what seemed to be a helmet fashioned from the skull of lizard with three horns protruding from the snout in a line. It hung quite unnaturally over his brow and it shone with an odd yellow glow that resembled a lantern. There was a bow slung over his shoulder that looked like it had been made from a single enlarged blade of grass. He was wearing red scaled armor that had been painted with yellow and pink hues so it seemed as if every scale was a miniature sunrise. And even though it was a chilly morning with the snow all around him, he was barefoot as a halfling on a summer day.

Other than the way he dressed and his short cropped platinum blonde hair, he acted and looked exactly like his father.

It had been almost seven years since he had seen the man who raised him and had disappeared after the wedding of his younger sister. It was the last time he had seen his father, dressed up in regal robes, the golden crown on his head, his handsome face grinning from ear to ear, but Evatt had sensed a deeper sadness. He knew his father had a secret.

When his father was gone, he had the dogs out tracking his scent, and they found nothing. No horses were missing, no provisions were taken, it was as his father was just taken away. They searched for him for three weeks before Evatt made up his mind to seek the oracle at Maelsequa. The oracle, once properly petitioned, could answer any question, and after many tests and dangers, the oracle finally mentioned that on the 15th of Alturiak, his father would appear at a wedding in a small town called Impresk.

When he arrived home from his quest, he felt terribly foolish to find out that they had begun hearing rumors of a person going by the name of Eddick in Tethyr, hanging out with some defenders of the crown and fighting evil magics. The rest of the family had been convinced that it was a coincidence, two similarly named individuals could be found in distant lands with no relation, but Evatt went to investigate. It was only three days ago that he had discovered the location of Impresk, and here, an hour before dawn of the 15th, it seemed that no one was yet in the streets.

But in the distance, he saw some strange lights. The white horse turned his head in a questioning manner toward his rider. "Yes, Icarus." said the handsome yet exotic man with a twinkle in his eye. "I think so."
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Elric heard the rider before he saw him. Quickly he hid his light under his cloak as he switched to infravision. Impresk was small, and while the wedding seemed to be an event of the season, nobody would have needed a horse to get there. Yet, someone was riding a large white horse ahead of him, Someone he didn't recognize.

He hadn't seen much, and infravision didn't do him much good for identifying others, but strangers concerned him. Especially any strangers with a bow strapped across his back. A cold chill that had nothing to do with the winter passed through his bones. Did the assassins finally show themselves? Would there be one more battle before he was to be wed? He didn't have much time before the dawn came.

If it was a fight, it could get... interesting. The only weapon Elric had with him was his fathers sword... and himself. Most of his magical protections were still at the house. Foolish perhaps, but at the time he didn't want to wear things he normally associated with battle and blood. Today was about Joy, not battle. Or at least it was supposed to be. If there was a fight, he'd be relying on only his skill today. He felt confident that he'd win... but if he damaged his wedding clothes or ended up missing the dawn... he'd be very upset.

Still, he couldn't just bypass this stranger. If he did mean ill then he'd just find a quiet place and shoot from a distance. He refused to be looking over his shoulder all day. With a whispered word of "Kil'ral" he activated the magic of Ashara's ring. Feeling the warm tingle of magic flow through his hand, arm and then the rest of his body, he quickly approached the rider. His cloak was still around him though Elric suddenly released the light from his holy symbol. With one hand waving a greeting and the other ready at his fathers sword he hailed the stranger.

"Greetings stranger... Are you lost? Is there something I could help you fi.... Eddick?!?" As the light took in horse and rider Elric stumbled his words. This man Looked entirely too much like a young Eddick to be a coincidence. For that matter, so did the horse.

Last edited by Elric on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Sir Evatt Silverthorne

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:52 am

The rider heard the footfalls of another person on the road. Icarus could see that it was a man, possibly a half elf or a ranger with a sword. Icarus was also not alarmed by the smell of the man, this was not a man of blood, either red or blue, and it was possible that the sword was only decorative, being as there was going to be a wedding today.

At least they were not alarmed until a light flashed in their faces when they had adjusted well to the darkness. The light spoke.
Greetings stranger... Are you lost? Is there something I could help you fi.... Eddick?!?

This was confusing. The rider reached up and scratched in goatee. How did this man know that he was looking for Eddick?

He spoke in a confident and clear tone that sounded exactly like Eddick addressing a crowd. "Yes indeed, I am looking for the one who calls himself Eddick. Is this druid a reader of future events that he would anticipate my arrival? No matter. I have come to speak with him, pray tell where he may be found. You may announce me as Sir Evatt Silverthorne to him, but if he knows already that I am here, then announcements would hardly be necessary."

Then Sir Evatt smiled, and it seemed as if the early morn got a little brighter. The smile was not Eddick's smile, but more wholesome and more winsome than Eddick had ever been. His strange attire seemed more charming than odd, his horse seemed more beautiful than imposing, and all tension seemed to slip out of the situation like a couple leaving a party for some "fresh air".

Evatt had often noted the fact that his smile had some sort of uncanny ability, but he knew that his mother had the same effect on people. He knew that his mother often used the tactic in negotiations to convince people it was in their best interest to agree with her, but he had decided when he took on the mantle of paladin that he would never use it without being genuine.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Sir Evatt! Elric knew the name before it was spoken. Eddick had spoken of his son, the Paladin of Lathander to him... To Ashara, once before. Even without prior knowledge there was no mistaking the resemblance. He hadn't met any other Lathandarian Paladins, but he couldn't help but wonder if they all dressed that way?

The half-elf was convinced that the knight meant no harm, but he couldn't help wonder what he was doing here. On this of all days?

"No... no, no, no.... Eddick can't see the future." Elric shook his head with a smile. Slowly the smile faded. The druid DID seem to have an uncanny knack for walking into stupid, suicidal situations with utmost confidence. Almost as if he KNEW that they'd be fine... And Elric would never forget the knowing grin back at the doorway to Dagadar. "At least... I don't think he can..."

"Regardless, he may be old... but I doubt I'll need to announce his son to him!" Elric said with a chuckle. He returned to the edge of the road where he had placed Ashara's crown. It was much to fragile to take into a combat situation. Carefully he picked it up and examined it. Still perfect!

"Come along! Your father is performing my wedding in a very short time." He gestured to the predawn sky. "We're on a time limit, as I'm sure you realize... so I don't know if you'll have time to talk much before the service... but your certainly invited to the festivities."

A sudden thought occurred to him. Eddick brought Gwilly from his own homeland... He probably knew her too. Based on his gaudy armor, they probably got along quite well! "I'm not sure what to expect, Gwilly's been working all day and night on this party!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:36 am

"Regardless, he may be old... but I doubt I'll need to announce his son to him!"
It was him! After these years, the family would be reunited. Well, as much as they could be scattered over the south east as they were now. If this man could tell at a glance that he was the son of Eddick, then he must not have changed all that much.

Sir Evatt regarded the man with interest. This was obviously one of those CoRN people that the rumored Eddick was hanging out with. If it were not for the sword, he would have guessed that this would be Elric the weaponless warrior, the Dragonpuncher. Then again, that sword could be merely decorative. And it was to be his wedding. Well, there was merely the Morninglord that was eligible, unless Gwilly had this poor man extremely confused.

"Congratulations on your wedding day. May you be satisfied by the wife of your youth." He figured the standard Lathanderian blessing from home would suffice for this wedding. "I hope my arrival will not cause too much of a disturbance, after all this dawn belongs not to me but to you and your beloved. If you would kindly lead me toward an inconspicuous place that Icarus and I might stand and watch the festivities, I would be much obliged. After all, a party by Gwilly is not one to be missed."
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:49 am

May I be satisfied??... with the.. Youth?!?

Elric ran the strange phrase through his mind. Finally he just shook his head with a grin. Yep! This was Eddick's son alright.

"Umm.. Thank you for the well wishes, Sir Evatt. I'm certain they are... heartfelt!" They started walking to the glow where the shrine was.

"I'll show you were the shrine is located, Actually you can almost see it from here... As for a place to stand out of the way... Again, I don't know what we're walking into. whether there are chairs or if everyone's going to be standing..."

"I only know where 'I'm' supposed to be. I'm sure you'll find someplace to make yourself blend in." Elric couldn't help but grin as he thought of that armor trying to be inconspicuous with the villagers of Impresk.

Elric noted the excitement in the mounted Paladin. "Eddick's not expecting you here today is he?"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 3 Empty Re: 14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:08 pm

"I am unsure of my father's expectations, being in that I have not seen him since he disappeared these past seven years. But I am sure that he cannot continue doing great deeds and still continue unnoticed. But of that you are also aware, are you not, Dragonpuncher?" Sir Evatt was quite aware of the identity of the man before him now. His well muscled limbs, his pointed ears and almond eyes, and the fact that he moved like confident lion. Also, the look of pride the man had when his deed was mentioned was unmistakable.

"When we first heard the rumors that an Eddick was about in the west doing mighty deeds, most in Silverthorne Keep decided it was a coincidence, because my father was never known for battle prowess, but he was a brilliant diplomat and he was never taken by surprise. He was always staring out at the horizon, and would always see things coming. When he disappeared, I don't think too many of the family were terribly surprised either having inherited that from their father.

"When I heard of the rumors of the druid who called himself Eddick, it somehow made sense to me from what I knew of my father. He was like a seed, simply awaiting the right conditions for blossom. But I had to come and see for myself, because I had gone to an oracle who said that he would appear in a cloud of mist in Impresk on the 15th of Alturiak at a wedding just before dawn.

"So here am I, to accept the destiny of whatever comes with the dawn and to feel the warmth of the new day dawning."
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:36 pm

"That makes two of us." Elric responded with a wide smile that danced in his eyes. Whether he realized it or not, the Paladin had put him to ease. He was here because Eddick WOULD be here. He never really thought Eddick would miss the dawn, but when someone leaves for parts unknown and isn't seen again... The half-elf was... Concerned to put it mildly.

Not only did the Oracle tell him that Eddick would be on time, but that there WAS a wedding that takes place today! No more distractions, no more disasters. Also, Eddick did NOT know his son was coming to visit! He didn't get to see the old man surprised very often. Though listening to these two talk to each other would certainly be an experience... seeing the druid struck speechless would be the icing on the cake!

Provided it didn't cause him to miss the dawn... which the Oracle confirmed it wouldn't!

"And call me Elric." the half-elf corrected. "Dragonpuncher is just a little... Pretentious." He chuckled as he remembered having the same conversation with Ashara. "Besides... it was a one time thing. I try not to make a habit out of it."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:47 pm

"Ahh, but what a habit that would be. And as far as titles go, that one does seem to fit." Therogeon grinned as he stepped out of the predawn shadows.

"Forgive me for eavesdropping. I saw you," he nodded to Elric, "conversing with the young man here and I was curious." Therogeon turned to the warrior. "I am Therogeon Taldavar," The half elf bowed courtiously, "at your service."

The young wizard was dressed in his finest clothes and indeed seemed more suited for upper nobility in Waterdeep than a wedding in Impresk. Then again, this was his best friend's wedding...both of his best friends. If one coudn't dress up for that occasion, then there was no occasion worthy of dressing up. He carried with him the ancient elven staff of power, though that was more for show than because he expected to use it.

He smiled at Eddick's son, "Please, be welcome in Impresk good sir."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next