The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:58 pm

"Ahhh Therogeon!" Elric turned to the newly appeared mage. "Allow me the pleasure of introducing, Sir Evatt Silverthorne. The son of our own druid, and if I remember correctly... a Paladin of Lathander."

"Sir Evatt. This Therogeon Taldavar, Master mage of the town of Impresk."

Turning back to his friend he couldn't resist a grin. "I'm glad to see you here! I was afraid you might not be able to get up this early without a minotaur waking you up!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 Empty Sir Evatt Silverthorne

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Sir Evatt nodded his assent. "You are forgiven for your indescretion Master Mage, after all anyone who brings shadows to light is a friend of Lathander. And should I need your service, I will call upon you gladly."

Sir Evatt turned back toward Elric. "Of all days one would be pretentious, one's wedding day should be that day. If my brother were here he would list long your deeds of glory in a grand fashion befitting a king. He really enjoys such things."
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 Empty Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:47 am

The half-elf bowed again to the paladin as Elric made the introductions. "A pleasure indeed my lord. May the Dawn's Light herald a new and prosperous day." It was an ancient Lathanderian greeting that Therogeon had learned just last night in Waterdeep. Unable to sleep himself, partly because of the Silver Flame and partly because of excitement for his friends, he made a quick trip to the town of his youth for some light studying. He had planned on using the phrase on Ashara to see her suprise at his knowledge, but he figured a paladin of the rising sun would be a good test for it.

The wizard smiled warmly. "Come my brother," he said turning to Elric, "We need to get you to the shrine before Lathander's Light breaks or Ashara will hunt me down. Your safe, she loves you. Me, I'm just the guy who was supposed to get you there on time."

Therogeon looked back at Sir Evatt Silverthorne as he turned Elric towards the shrine, "Please my new friend, join us. This will be a day long celebrated and another follower of the Rising Sun can only make it more....glorious."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:03 am

Elric started to blush at Sir Evatt's suggestion. He hoped he didn't say anything like that around Ashara! She'd undoubtably go into 'the list.' Naturally he was pleased she found so many things about him noteworthy, but to hear it from others? Or around others??

Nope! That made him uncomfortable. He didn't care for being the center of attention like that. Which was odd as she had so often pointed out. He'd actually written songs about their deeds, and apparently 'Throatpunching a Dragon' had made it as far as Eddicks homestead. Still such was the mystery that was Elric.

Glad of the change in topics he couldn't help but smile.

"Well, then in the interest of 'your' safety we certainly should get a move on!"

They didn't have far to go at that point anyway. As they approached the shrine, he saw that he wasn't alone. Half the town seemed to be showing up and the rest were trickling in. Elric barely noticed them though. Flowers were everywhere! Even growing though the snow! Was that Gwilly or Eddick's work? Regardless the white of the snow only made the colors of the flowers stand out more. The place was amazing! Gwilly had really outdone herself this time!

Waving off well wishes from everyone he crossed paths with, he left his two companions, and with nervous excitement took his place at the altar.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Under the ever-lightening sky, father and daughter crunched through the soft snow toward the shrine where a new family was to be born at dawn. As they passed by the house that once belonged to her mentor, Josiah, she noticed that the pear trees that grew along the sides were dotted with clusters of tiny white flowers! It was much too early for the trees to be in bloom, and she grinned guessing that this must have been part of Gwilly's decorations. Also out of place, were the red and gold ribbons draped along the frame of the front door of the modest dwelling. Since Josiah's passing the house had been kept up and occasionally used by various members of the community, but it had remained largely vacant.

Trying to distract herself and remain composed in the face of her jitters, Ashara calmly questioned her father. "Will you be having some new neighbors moving in?

"Yep, and soon by me own estimation," Ebbard replied. "Hard t' know how long they'll be stayin' though, and it ain't likely a perm'nant thing." With a sideways glance at the nervous young woman, he couldn't suppress a grin as he added, "Young couple they are. I'm sure ye'll take a likin' to 'em!"

She saw the smirk on her father's face, and through the fog of her nerve-addled mind she realized who the 'young couple' was that he was referring to. Heat started crawling its way up her neck, and she opened her mouth to question him further, but Ebbard interrupted her. "Looks like the whole town turned out this mornin'!"

As they rounded the bend in the path Ashara could see the large assembly that had gathered at the foot of the small hill on which the altar stood. She saw then that all the trees standing in the area were in full bloom! Shining golden pillars wrapped in ivy and roses stood tall on either side of the altar in the distance, and were topped by flickering lights. It was beautiful! Gwilly was truly amazing, and she grinned, knowing that the pixie would enjoy being told just that as soon as the opportunity arose!

The crowd of familiar smiling faces parted as Ebbard Rosemorn and the bride-to-be made their way towards the hill. It was then that Ashara realized that for all of their beauty, none of the lights could shine as brightly as the man that stood alone in front of the altar. Her heart raced and her breath caught in her throat at the sight of him. Elric looked every inch the handsome prince from all the picture books they would read as children, and when she saw that he wore his father's sword at his side, she couldn't contain the radiant smile that spread across her face!

Many of the memories they had shared this past Midwinter day, were still fresh, and they flitted through her mind now. Lying in the field listening to Arturo's stories. The two children chasing each other around with sticks, playing knights and dragons. A young boy sobbing within a copse of trees as his friend tried to comfort him. Meeting again after twelve years at his father's grave. Standing at the edge of Impresk lake when the Champions of the Red Dawn were first created. Upparkol. Trademeet. Azerfax the green dragon. Dagadar, Zazesspur, their fireside chat... Then there were the recent memories of Athkatla, Calimport, his note from last night, that kiss...

It had been a long, twisted and dangerous road that led them up to this humble shrine, but unless the sun failed to rise (and it never did, praise Lathander!), they would finally be joined together in front of all of their friends and family in this place.

Ashara's tunnel vision was jerked into a wider view when Ebbard tugged back on her arm ever so slightly. She flushed when she realized that she'd been nearly pulling her father up the hill!

"Jest let me have me walk, Ashes," he smiled gently. "I've been anticipatin' this day fer years, and that boy ain't goin' nowhere!"

Muffled chuckles could be heard around her and her face turned an even brighter crimson when she realized that one of those chuckles issued from the mouth of one Cadderly Bonaduce, who stood near the front of the assembly. The beautiful Danica was at his side, with their children and Ivan and Pikel in front of them so they could get a better view of the ceremony. Ashara smiled and nodded a brief thanks for their attendance before her attention returned to the man waiting for her.

Her father led her to the altar, where she laid the crown of lavender and alyssum next to the beautiful wreath of roses and crocuses...and something sparkly...that he'd woven for her. After receiving her kiss on the cheek, Ebbard placed his daughter's hands in Elric's.

"Good morning," Ashara whispered to him, smiling brightly, as the light of his holy symbol danced in her eyes.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Dawn was getting close. Despite the words of Sir Evatt, the premonition of the Oracle, and his own faith in his friend... Elric was starting to get nervous. Well... NervousER. Eddick SHOULD be here! If he was waiting for the last minute... This was IT!

He was fighting the instinct to ask Cadderly fill in when an excited murmuring from the crowd caused him to turn around. Suddenly all thought of Eddick was pushed from his mind. Whether the crowd hushed or he simply couldn't hear them anymore, was something he would wonder about for years. It must have been a trick of the Pre-dawn light, but his bride seemed to glow bright white as she made her way to him. Despite all the amazing illusions, the crowd, and his friends about him... from the moment she arrived, he couldn't take his eyes off of her.

As the two Rosemorns made their way to him, the whole scene took on a dreamlike aspect. It felt more like he was watching it happen then that he was living it! Suddenly he felt her hand in his and he realized it wasn't a dream at all. This was as real as it gets.

He heard her whisper "Good morning" and he tried to respond. It felt like hours before he could find his tongue, but since the sun hadn't risen yet it could only have been a moment. Perhaps it did take longer? Today it seemed that Lathander was holding the sunrise just for them.

"Melamin, Lle naa ikotane vanima!" <My Love, You are so Beautiful!> he finally whispered back. "Uuner nauva oio elea i'romen a're!" <No one will even see the sunrise today!>

Last edited by Elric on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:24 am

Ashara blushed as much from the weight of his eyes on her as from the compliment he offered so sincerely.

"Diola lle, A'maelamin <Thank you, my beloved>," she whispered as a large lump began forming in her throat. "Lle naa <You are>... Amin <I>..." Finding it difficult to form any coherent thoughts in the face of this moment, she simply squeezed his hands and smiled up at him.

"Finally..."

There were times she wondered if this day would ever happen, but it had arrived in spite of all the odds stacked against them! As soon as the sun broke the horizon they...

The woman's gaze was ripped away from her betrothed and toward the skyline as a sudden realization hit her! The dawn was only moments away and there was no sign of their druidic official!

"Where's Eddick?" She mouthed silently to Elric.

Ashara was confused and concerned. The Sacred Guardian spell would have told her if he was in danger, but she'd sensed nothing of the sort. He seemed genuinely excited about this day, so why wasn't he here? She would much rather have their good friend there to perform the service, but if worse came to worse there was Cadderly standing nearby and if that wasn't possible she would just have to lead the ceremony herself! Unconventional perhaps, but she was determined that there would be no pushing this off any longer!

Last edited by Ashara on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 Empty Eddick

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 pm

A small cloud appeared out of the trees to the north, flying at amazing speeds toward the collected personages at the shrine. As it neared it slowed down and eventually stopped between Elric and the shrine itself, and then slowly turned into the shape of a man, then solidifying into the long expected druid.

He was wearing a green tunic that had blooming rose vines woven into the outer seams, as well as down the length of the arms and the blooms covered a four inch wide path down the front. His goatee was trimmed but his hair was still as wild as ever. He had a great big smile on his face as he materialized, partly from relief from being on time, and partly because of the look on Elric and Ashara's faces from his almost late arrival.

He looked over his shoulder, and saw that the dawn's light was still about a minute away, He leaned over to Ashara and spoke quietly enough so that only the three of them there could really hear what he was saying. "I hope that I didn't make you worry too much, there were a few things that had to be done to make this day as special as it could be."

As he spoke, a slight warm breeze blew out of the south and an eagle flew overhead with a piercing cry. "It seems as if spring is coming a mite early this year."
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:21 pm

Elric looked over Ashara's shoulder to where the group from Spirit Soaring was gathered. As he'd suspected Cadderly had already started readying himself as a stand in. With the druids appearance he was returning to his family's side. Elric shot him a look of thanks and slightly nodded his head in gratitude. Cadderly just smiled broadly.

Turning to the long anticipated druid. A great weight left his shoulders. Everyone was here! The oracle and the Paladin had been accurate and Eddick had arrived. And he'd done so with little time to spare! It occured to him as the line of the dawn approached the altar, that he was thankful the shrine was on the western side of town... If it'd been any nearer their house. Eddick would have been officially late!

"Glad you could make it." He said with grin.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:26 pm

"It seems as if spring is coming a mite early this year."

After an audible sigh of relief at the appearance of their friend, Ashara pushed the hood from her head and turned to let the warm breeze whisper in her ear and across her face. It felt so good to feel that warmth again. Winter had stretched on for an eternity it seemed, but even if this spring would only last a day, she knew that the true season of rebirth was just around the corner!

"Glad you could make it."

"As am I," she smiled, echoing Elric's sentiments. "And thank you..."

Ashara's eyes turned to the east just in time to see a resplendent red dawn burst over the horizon. Rosy light rolled over Impresk Lake, engulfing the humble homes of their village until it reached the three figures standing upon the small hill next to the shrine. At the beautiful sight, the priestess' eyes glistened with unshed tears. Tears of joy, hope, awe, love... There were too many emotions to properly grasp.

When the first rays of that dawn struck the water in the small rose-quartz bowl on the altar, she reached down to carefully pick up the vessel, and with a serene smile, turned to offer it first to her groom to drink.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:02 pm

With reverant awe Elric accepted the bowl of water. Of all the things he's done in his life, this was the most important. All his life had been leading him to this point. The gravity of the situation caused his trembling hands to nearly spill the water!

Nearly...

Taking a deep breath to steady himself, he brought the bowl to his lips and drank deep. Whether it was the cool winter morning (at least before Eddick brought the spring...) or by divine providence, the water was most cool and refreshing he'd ever tasted.

Ever so gently and with a touch of relief, he returned the bowl to his bride.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 pm

The young woman couldn't stifle a grin while she watched the ball of nerves that stood where Elric had just been. To be fair, she had performed this particular ritual of the dawn-touched water thousands of times since she'd first felt the pull of Lathander at her spirit.

Never quite like this though...

As she took the bowl, she gently brushed her fingers along Elric's hand, hoping in some small way to calm those pixie-sized butterflies wreaking havoc on his insides.

Somehow, after her short anxiety-ridden walk to the altar when her hands were placed in his, a calm had settled over her mind. There was nothing to be nervous about here. Not at his side. Her heart wasn't on the same page as her mind unfortunately, and it pounded loudly in her chest.

Ashara's eyes never left Elric's as she drained what little was left of the water and returned the bowl safely to its place on the altar. Taking the hands offered by her betrothed she smiled brightly before turning to their druid friend who would be formally joining the two of them together.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 Empty Eddick

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:09 am

Eddick raised his voice. In normal conversation, he was somewhat soft-spoken but the tenor of his voice changed when addressing a crowd. It seemed even unnaturally clear and strong, but not overbearing to those nearby. "On behalf of the bride and groom, I thank you for attending this blessed morning.

"Throughout the past few years, through war, natural disasters and the struggles of the gods ruin and difficulty have swept across the face of the land. Horror, grief and death have held sway over the thoughts and minds of Tethyr, and beyond. It seems as if darkness had already won and the places we know were on the edge of the abyss. But the dawn was coming.

"The Dawn has always been the symbol of the beginning of something good, something better. As the light illuminates and colors the landscape in stunning reds, pinks, and golden colors, what was formerly bleak and foreboding becomes radiant, joyful, and full of hope. The dawn always speaks of change, and optimism, even if only for a little while.

"The marriage we are here to celebrate is a change indeed. Before, two hesitant souls, full of self doubt emerge as shining beacons of hope after one of the darkest of nights. Their union shouts joyfully to the world, announcing the end of night, the promise of a bright future. The darkness flees at such courage and love, unable to stand against the power it does not comprehend."

The druid raised his hands over them, and closed his eyes in prayer to whomever was listening. "May your love multiply, and continue to drive the darkness away. May your lives be sweet, bringing joy to all those who share the feast. May evil flee from your very presence, that your days will be prolonged, and may your family grow in power and light until darkness may no longer be found."

Eddick opened his now shining eyes and beamed at the crowd. "It is now my honor and privilege to declare to you the formation of a new life. Elric and Ashara are now known by the name Everdawn."
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:23 am

Only one thing remained. With sure and confident hands, Elric reached down and lifted the crown he had spent so long making. With early dawn flickering in the embeded gems, and reflecting off the moisture in his eyes he gently placed the crown upon his brides head.

Watching the gems dance was exactly as he had imagined in his head! It looked as if the stars themselves had come down from the sky to see what beauty really was.

Last edited by Elric on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 am

Everdawn.

The name had been spoken in little more than whispers since they'd decided upon it, and now hearing it used boldly in front of their friends and family, made Ashara's heart flutter in her chest. From this day forward everything would be new, and she was excited for this life they were beginning!

Scents of roses and lavender mingled at the altar as Elric placed his crown on her head. After she had crowned him with the delicate wreath that she'd woven, Ashara gently ran her left hand down the length of the braid in his hair and grinned as her hands rejoined his.

"Verno'amin <My husband>," she whispered in near disbelief, with one of the few breaths her lungs could muster, and with heart pounding she leaned in to seal their union.

Last edited by Ashara on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:39 am

"Verne'amin..." <My Wife...> He whispered back. As he leaned in for the kiss that would finalize the ceremony, the residents the small village cheered and clapped. Elric heard none of it. As their lips met for the first time as husband and wife, the world seemed to only consist of them two.

It was a moment he knew that he'd never forget, and a moment he knew they'd relive a many, many times through the years.

When they finally seperated, Elric looked at his wife with emerald eyes sparkling like the jewels in her crown. "Saesa omentien lle, arwen Everdawn." <Pleasure to meet you, Lady Everdawn.>

Last edited by Elric on Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:12 am

"Oio elealla nauva alasse'amin, Heru Everdawn, <Ever thy sight will be my joy, Lord Everdawn>" Ashara replied with a smile and a slight curtsy, once she'd caught her breath. "I'seasa naa haba! <The pleasure is mine!>"

While helping her daughter to get ready that morning, Arryn Rosemorn had prattled on about many wedding traditions, and why things were done the way they were. The wedding kiss, she said, was more then just the conclusion of the ceremony, but a token of bonding and the exchange of spirits as each partner would send a part of themselves into the new spouse's soul, there to abide ever after.

At the time, Ashara had chuckled at the absurdity of it, but when their kiss ended and she looked into her husband's eyes, she felt as if something had passed between them in that moment. Something intangible, but powerful all the same. Perhaps not all of the traditions were simply symbolic...

Grinning ear to ear, she took Elric's offered arm and they began their first journey together, down the small hill to the family, friends and well-wishers that waited to congratulate them at the dawning of their new life.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk - Page 4 Empty Re: 14th of Alturiak - CoRD Epilogue 2 - Impresk

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4