The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back

5 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:17 pm

The priestess couldn't help but notice the young man favoring the one hand. It was always difficult for her to see the injuries that would inevitably come to Elric's students during their training, and not use Lathander's power to heal them of their pain, but she'd lived enough of her husband's memories to know that the pain and the abuse his body had taken over the years had made him strong and sturdy enough to shrug off blows that would fell most others. She'd seen that intensive and often brutal training save his life on many occasions, and she wouldn't have overstepped her bounds by healing any of them unless expressly asked by Elric or in case of mortal injury. Fortunately the half-dragon didn't have the penchant for child abuse that Eldorath had, so grevious injuries were few and far between!

Ashara set her pack down in the doorway of the training room and rifled through it a moment before pulling out a bandage roll and a pouch of herbs.

"Your Tura has gone with Master Therogeon to try to find those responsible for the attack last night," she stated, moving over to him. "I'm sure he'd appreciate your efforts here to help find Marstine... We are both very fond of her as well."

Ashara hoped she'd yet be found alive, but the likelihood was slim... Still, she'd use the present tense when referring to her, until proven otherwise. Perhaps if they found her in time, something could still be done!

As she reached for his injured wrist, Bramin opened his mouth in what she assumed was protest, but she interjected before he had the chance.

"I assure you this will still hurt when I'm done with it," she explained, not wanting to hurt the man's pride. "No magic at all! The herbs will keep the swelling down, and the bandage will immobilize it. You're welcome to keep punching with it, but it will do no good to tear the ligaments and lose the use of your hand when you're going to be helping look for our dear girl."

The mention of Marstine won Ashara that battle, and she set about wrapping Bramin's hand, wrist, and arm up to the elbow.

"I would like to be out there with you myself, but I will have to be at the mage tower until Lord Everdawn returns... I can still help you narrow down the search for her though, if you would like the assistance that is. I know she means a lot to you...."

She sighed softly and patted his hand gently after finishing the bandage.

Last edited by Ashara on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Elric

Post  Colin Marcus Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 pm

So, Eddick was right. Someone WAS watching last night... and now he was gone. Feeling a distinct need to hit something he tried to remember that this fat ugly man was just the innkeeper. He had nothing to do with the actions of his patrons. Still with very little patience he snatched the note away from the innkeeper.

The note seemed simple enough. A lump of black wax sealed it with the letters CF. He tried to wrack his memory for any enemies with those letters... but nothing was coming to him. He was about to break the seal when he remembered what he was dealing with. Scrying... Disappearing... A mage then. Perhaps a priest of one of the many evil gods they'd ticked off. Without taking his eyes off the innkeeper he handed the note back to the resident mage. If it was trapped or magiced in some way, he'd know.

"Your quite mistaken." He said with a gritted teeth. "Anyone who kills innocent people and threatens a pregnant woman... That is exactly the type of person we 'deal' with."

"Describe this man to me... and tell me where his room is."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Verton Wordray

Post  Penelope Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm

The innkeep's eyes widened at the mention of murder! Instinctively, he took a step back, as the half elf looked for all the world like he could lunge across the desk at him at any moment.

"Whoa, whoa... I ain't knowin' nothin' about no murders, mister! I just sit here and take the money, see, I don't need t' know about their business!"

Realizing his words were infuriating the warrior further, Verton launched into a stream of what little information he had, just to refocus their ire.

"I never got to see his face, but he was maybe a little shorter than you," indicating the half elf. "Kinda thick, I'm guessin', though it was hard t' tell underneath that big, black cloak he was wearin'.

"Voice was unnervin' too..." The man shuddered remembering their last encounter.

He pulled a ring of keys off his belt, unhooked a particular one and tossed it to the man that looked like he needed to throttle something.

"That'll open the door. Second floor, third room down on yer left. He told me t' invite ya up when ya came lookin' fer him.

"Now...now don't go destroyin' nothin'," he chanced hesitantly. "Please... I don't want no killin's under my roof neither, that's just bad fer business, and broken furniture don't pay fer itself!"

Verton glanced at the half elf's bag of coins before timidly looking him in the eye once more.

Last edited by Ashara on Thu May 06, 2010 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Eddick

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:09 am

"Thank you again, my friend. For yesterday. For today. We miss having you around here!" She smiled and released him, briefly considering tugging his beard, but deciding against it. "Tell Kaber hello for us when you find him please and ask him to come visit when he can... It's been FAR too long and soon there will be four children that would like to see him in person rather than just in the story books!"

"Forgive me for the haste, but I promised a certain warrior that I'd be locked up in a tower soon! I hope you'll come back when this business is concluded," she said before turning to leave. "I'd love to hear what you've been up to since we saw you last! You always do have such good stories!"

And with that she was gone. It was hard to watch them get older and not need you anymore. Not that she needed him too much in the first place. Just a little encouragement in the darkest of times. Eddick knew that if Stonehinge was not only a couple hour ride away he probably would visit as much as Gwilly did.

Stonehinge, his six year mission was nearing completion. It loomed above the landscape, becoming so much more than it ever was before. When he started, he never knew how much it would be blessed. But he had sacrificed so much. He had not given this much to anything since Silverthorn Keep. He was starting to feel restless again. He felt stuck again. When he first started traveling, he received his first spells and abilities, it was so freeing, but now he felt trapped.

It might have been his own doing. But there came a time, while he was still with CoRD, and before Xvim where he had reached a limit to his power. Before, everything came so easily, but now it had been almost six years since he had received anything new. He hoped that through building Stonehinge and recreating the circle that he would receive more. He had always been doing what he thought was the best, what came natural to him. Now he just had to wait a few more months. Patience was not a stranger to him.

Now it was time to find Kaber, and that shouldn't be a problem. He was still trying to show other Minotaurs the concept of love and service as a better way of life. He honestly hoped he would succeed. The difficulties he had been working against for quite some time might be better handled after some distance for perspective. He had hoped that Kaber would come to their annual meeting this year, for once. But near the end of their journey together, he got that far away look in his eyes that Eddick knew so well. And now he was gone too.

Again that foul mood started to rise in him and Eddick beat it back with some hopeless optimism. Things were going to get better, not fall apart, and perhaps this restless soul would find a true home. Just not today.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Bramin

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:36 am

Bramin blushed a deep red. Whether from pride at having the priestess know he hurt himself through his own carelessness, or from the realization that other people knew he had feelings for Marstine, he couldn't tell. Though his pride was wounded more than his hand, if he was honest it was probably the latter.

"Thank you, Lady Ashara..." He said as he tenderly flexed his wrapped hand. It would heal... slowly as always. Doubted if it mattered. As much as he'd like to test these skills Tura Elric had been drilling into him for what seemed like forever... his master already left for the fight and left him behind. As much as he wanted to keep hope alive, he doubted very much that they would find Marstine... There would be no rescue. HE would do no avenging... That would be left to the REAL heroes.

"I'm sure everyone will appreciate any help you could give..." he said hopefully. If anyone could find her it would be the Sunrise Lord.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Therogeon

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:11 am

The wizard took the note from his friend. A quick scan told him that there was no magic about the letter. Sometimes a note is just that, a note. So thinking, he quickly and quietly broke the wax seal and read the note.

Greetings Champions.

I believe I have your attention now. I do apologize if the threats upon your companions seemed...crude, but I had to prove that I am serious about my request.

There is only one of you whom I seek. One whose actions cannot go unaddressed. Your own shame should name you, so I shall not! You have been given great gift which you have neither earned nor deserve, and I will see the issue resolved. Permanently.

I should like to meet you in person. Face to face. If you refuse my request, than I assure you, I will never rest until I have stripped you of everything you hold dear.

You will come to the ruined tower at the foot of Mount Raclavar within the Orsraun Mountains. It is there that you and I shall have this matter settled.

~ A

A ruined tower in that location could only mean Semerot of the Iron Tome. A paranoid wizard of middling skill who was defeated, and subsquently destroyed along with his tower in a wizard duel some time ago. The wizard grinned. Some time ago being around a decade, give or take a year. Of the wizard who defeated Semerot, Therogeon only knew his name. Adokas. He would put the school to searching out more information on this wizard.

The initials CF on the other hand, were definitely not known to Therogeon. Or were they. Something about them sounded familiar but for the life of him, he couldn't place it.

Therogeon spoke then, a quiet yet determined whisper, "Why do many mages think huge dark cloaks make them look intimidating. All they really do is make you sweat overly much in warm weather and become cumbersome when it rains or snows." He sighed then turned to Elric, "Come along brother, whether or not he's there, it seems we are expected. We should at least see what he wants or has left for us. You know, besides a trap." Grinning the wizard turned for the stairs.

Second floor, third room on the left. This was the door. Therogeon whispered a spell that would allow him to see any and all magical effects, even if they were of the Shadow Weave and glanced at the door. His left thumb was gently rubbing the plain gold band on his ring finger.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:42 am

The cracking of the wax seal alerted Elric that the note was in fact safe. Tossing the small pouch of coins to the innkeeper he turned his attention to the mage and the mysterious note.

Whoever 'A' was he only wanted one of them. As the note was written in Elvish that narrowed it down. Him. Therogeon. Possibly Ashara. Though the fact that she was the one whose abduction was interrupted... He didn't know if that strengthened or hurt her case... Besides, though she knew Elven almost as well as he did... it was not her native language.

So Therogeon or him... "More than twenty-five words... " the warrior stated the obvious. "Looks like you get to send this info back to Impresk."

"Any idea what or who he's talking about... Did you get any new gifts lately you didn't deserve? Feeling any unusual shame?

They stood outside the door. As Elric reached down with the key he listened for any kind of movement... He heard nothing. He didn't really expect to.

"If it's a trap, then it isn't a very good one. He's already told us where we're going next...Orusan mountains are north of Turmish... Not anyplace I've been.."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:56 am

"A gift....well, now that you mention it. Though how our mysterious antagonist heard of it before me is beyond my understanding." The wizard looked back at his brother and grinned, "Almara's pregnant."

"Beyond that though....I can't speak for you, but I do know of at least one orginazation that despises myself and my group. Simply because of the magic we practice and weild. The Cult of the Dragon." Therogeon shrugged as if it didn't matter to him. "As for who this A person is, I have no clue."

"The tower can only refer to a mage tower that was destroyed around ten years ago in a mage duel. I have never been there myself, but have heard of it and can probably find it." His grin turned into a reufull smile, "You know all this information sorta points to me being the one that fellow wants, doesn't it?"

The wizard then held up his hand to show the plain gold band on it. A ring similar to the one he wore when he traveled with the Champions but completely different than the one he wears as head of the Veil. "And I've already passed on what we know to Almara." He grinned, "Now, since this door isn't magically trapped, what say we see what we can see?"
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Almara

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:15 pm

The young wizardess took Ashara's things quickly to the Tower. As she entered she glanced at the student on door watch, a young human named Adraikthul. "The Lady Ashara and probably her children will be arriving shortly. I am to be informed immediately when they arrive. I will be in the Master's personal library. Master Therogeon will be unavailable for a short time, any questions are to be directed to myself." She started to turn away and stopped. Turning back to the student she added,"And have the kitchens prepare some food for us, nothing too fancy but filling. And make sure it is appropriate for children."

She turned from the student and placed a hand on the correct rune. A whispered word later and she was in Therogeon's personal library. She didn't spend much time here and now that company was coming over, she was sorry she hadn't. It wasn't that Therogeon was untidy, quite the opposite, it was that Calim primarily only stayed in this room. For a wizard's tower dog that wasn't a familiar, Calim did remarkably well. He could activate any of the teleport runes specifically for him thus allowing him to get outside when he needed to, to the kitchen for food and to Therogeon's bedroom. Yet for some reason, the dog only stayed in this room and outside. Almara shrugged and set Ashara's things down on one of the chairs.

She whispered a couple quick words and suddenly the glasses from last night were being put away (after being washed) and the room was becoming tidy again. Calim looked up as she appeared and barked a soft greeting. She tossed him a soup bone which he happily caught and worked on devouring.

When everything was tidy again she felt the distinctive tingle in her mind of Therogeon's incoming message.

"My love, we have made contact in Carradoon. The innkeep was given a letter to give to us when we arrived. The letter was written in beautiful elvish and essentially contained the message, 'Now that I have your attention, there is one among you who has been given something I don't think you should have and you should feel bad about that. Have that person come alone to a ruined tower in the Orusan Mountains or everyone you love will suffer.' So it seems the usual Amnian romance claptrap. It was signed with a letter A. The tower he is refering to is probably Semerot's tower, and he was defeated by a fellow named Adokas. I do not know enough about him. Please find out some more for me. Now Elric, Thornton, and I are about to enter this fellow's room. I'll send more when I know more. Love you."

She sighed as the sending finished. Placing a hand on a mirror she whispered "Therogeon" and the reflection in the mirror shifted to show her love and Elric standing outside a door in what appeared to be a hallway.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Re: Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:17 pm

Elric couldn't help but grin at the news. "THAT must have been the news Ashara said you had... Congratulations."

He nodded thoughtfully at Therogeon's reasoning. "Your magic... I remember you saying that it was founded by Cult members... That could be the gift they think you haven't earned..."

Hesitantly he turned the key in the lock and heard a click as the door slowly swung open. "Now, lets see what we've got here..."
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty The Room at the Flaming Troll

Post  Penelope Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:27 pm

The door opens to a macabre scene. On the other side of the drab little room, the body of a young man, no more than sixteen years of age, lies upon the bed drenched in blood, and clothed in nothing else. His eyes, opened wide in surprise, stare blankly at the ceiling.

Before you are able to properly take that particular horror, you notice the grinning skull drifting about the room, trailing black flames. Sensing the door open, it turns its flaming red eyes upon them and speaks in a hollow, malevolent voice.

The Dark Sun's wrath cannot be quenched by time. Vengeance will soon be wrought upon the Champions. You shall never find peace...

With its message delivered, the skull breathes a gout of flame toward men before slowly fading away.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Thornton

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:38 pm

Thornton was not the investigative type, so he had not crowded the others as they went into the room. When he heard the speaking in the room, he readied his crossbow and was going to shoot over their heads at the intruder if he was hostile, but he was met with a gout of flame instead.

He fired his crossbow through the flame, missing the fading skull, and as a reward his hands and the top of his head were set on fire. He calmly placed his crossbow down and grabbed his decanter and got rid of the accursed fire. He replaced the stopper and offered it to anyone who might also be burning, though he knew they were not near as flamable as he was.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Therogeon simply stepped back and stood on other side of the door way as the jet of flame passed harmlessly between them. When it vanished they reentered the room.

Sighing, Therogeon walked over to the body. There were no markings on this one, as he was afraid there would be. Another rash of cursed bodies would not be good and if they had to face another flaming dragon avatar....

"Cyric" He whispered as he looked around. If this was Cyric's work, and supposing the letter was true, then any one of the Champions could be the intended victem. Still...this was not good. The familiar tingle at the back of his neck told him he was being scryed upon. He hoped it was Almara. Still, even if it wasn't, they were not doing anything that would give away their plans.

"Fracking Cyric." he reitterated.

Last edited by DerrackTyme on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm

Elric cursed loudly in pixish. He KNEW he should have put on the beastman mask before coming in... He KNEW it! Another mistake come back to bite him, but with Therogeon saying the door wasn't trapped... and the innkeeper saying the enemy was gone... He TRULY had thought his eyes would be more useful in this. Quickly he patted down the flames as they tried to catch hold of his clothing. Slightly singed, but fairly unharmed he stood back up and looked back at his companions.

"Well... The DOOR wasn't trapped." he conceded. "Not the FIRST time we saw one of those either... Though I forget. Was that a Cult trap or a Cyric trap?"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Seeing as the others were not on fire, he put his bottle away. Ever since he had gotten his necklace from master, he never had to worry about fire again. It was a wonderful item. Although he still burned, it did not damage at all, which was the grass man's greatest worry. The lesser men were instantly consumed by fire, and before the necklace he would burn quickly. Thankfully, damage was repairable and Thornton yet moved. Although his counterpart Ivy had been destroyed by it some time ago.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty The Body

Post  Penelope Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:08 pm

As Therogeon moved over to the body of the young man, he saw that there were no markings on it, save for a single, deep incision at his wrist. Blood, which is saturating the bed, is also pooled on the floor beneath the arm, as it dangles lifelessly off the edge of the mattress.

After the mage uttered the name of the Mad God, and turned his attention back to the bed, the body's head jerked around to the side, lifeless eyes peered at the elf as his mouth opened and a sickly yellow fog burst from his throat, filling the room and billowing out through the doorway.

With slow, jerking movements, the bloody corpse began to rise.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:40 pm

"ohh... This is too much!" Elric exclaimed as he prepared to take a battle stance. The smoke filled the room fast, but didn't seem to have an noticable affect. It was difficult to see but he still knew where the creature was last and he could easily hear it shuffling. The warrior started toward it confidently.

Suddenly he started to swoon. The room seemed to spin and before he knew it he was on his knees gasping in agony. His body hurt all over. Throught the fog he could see his hands as boils grew and burst with sickly puss. He tried to rise but couldn't get his muscles to respond.

"What..." He bellowed through clenched teeth... "What is... Happening? AGHHH!!!!"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:43 pm

The noxious fumes eminated from the mouth of the corpse. Therogeon stepped back, but not quickly enough as the gas billowed out and filled the room. The wizard could feel the magic inherant in the cloud try and seep into his body and he quickly steeled himself to resist the effects. It was not a Cloudkill or Incendiary Cloud as he first thought. This cloud seemed to be trying to infect him with something.

With a start he recognized the spell, if not the name of it. It was designed to cause a horrible infection in those who breathed in the fumes. This disease was powerfull enough to even infect those around the bearer who weren't in the gas but later came in contact with. A nasty spell. With that thought the wizard activated the command from his staff that would dispell all active magic in the room.

With a quick burst of light the gas in the room dissappeared. Therogeon coughed once and quickly turned to check on Elric. If he was sick they would have to get him back to Ashara quickly. Thornton would be fine, as he was a plant golem and thus truely didn't 'breath'. It was then, and with a small start, that Therogeon noticed the corpse moving.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:18 pm

As Elric swooned, Thornton stepped inbetween the corpse and the mage. He brought out the axe and, with a quick spin of the blade, brought it down in the corpse's chest, knocking it back onto the bed and he nearly fell down on top of it. Gore shot out of the wound and splattered the tabbard to Thornton's dismay.

The monster, still moving took a swing at Thornton's side, but the blow was turned aside by the magical chain protection he had. Thornton pulled out the axe and swung again at the belly of the beast and after the removal of the remainder of its intestines, it lay still.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Ashara - Impresk

Post  Penelope Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:00 pm

With a mirthless expression and a heavy heart, Ashara walked as quickly as she could with the three children toward Therogeon's tower.

A short time ago, with Elric's senior student Bramin at her side on the roof of the Champions house, they had learned through her spell that Marstine was indeed within Impresk, near the home of Tathya Deleverso. She was a local merchant that maintained a sizable garden to grow vegetables for sale during the appropriate seasons.

Unfortunately the chimes had tolled slowly and sadly... Marstine would not be found alive. Distraught and angry, Bramin had rushed off to find Mr. Moonford and recover the poor girl's body.

The whole affair made Ashara sick to her stomach. Kendra, Marstine... Both senseless deaths! Tarpin had been killed trying to defend her family and their town from the assassins, and if he could return to them, he would do so with honor, but the two women had only been tools for the doppelgangers. It just wasn't right. They were good people who deserved so much better!

It wasn't the first time she felt personally responsible for the deaths of innocents...

The four Everdawns were nearly to mage tower, when Ashara's vision was filled with flames! She gasped and stopped in her tracks from the shock of it, but was somewhat relieved when she saw Elric's hands patting out the fire on yet another ruined shirt.

"Momma?" Arturo looked up at her with questioning emerald eyes.

The priestess' heart was pounding heart in her chest as she prayed that the men would be alright. She was sure that if anyone needed assistance that she would hear about it, but if Elric wasn't able to get Whispers to her, then Almara would have to relay the information. She would have seen what happened in her mirror!

"I'm fine sweetie," she replied to her eldest son, while trying to keep her voice steady. "Let's see who can win a race to your uncle's tower!"

Three grinning faces took her up on the offer, and charged off to the north as fast as their little legs could carry them, giggling with delight.

Ashara managed to keep up with all of them even after almost stumbling when Sacred Guardian showed her a vision of Elric being enveloped in some sort of yellow fog. What was going on!?!

When they reached the door of the tower she knocked anxiously, while the children quibbled about who had actually won the race.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Almara

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:26 pm

The wizardess saw both spells take effect was gratefull to see her love still standing. She gasped however when she saw the undead creature attempt to rise and again when she noticed the Elric had fallen. Though she herself was not as skilled as Therogeon with understanding spells, she was no novice. She too recognized the spell for it's effects and immediately went to the rune that would allow her to teleport within the tower. Activating it she reappeared within the entrance way to the suprise of Adraikthul. She was about to send him to find Ashara when she noticed the four Everdawn's approaching.

Instead she sent him to clear out the kitchen until otherwise notified and turned to greet them with a tight smile she hoped would fool the children. She would take them to the library and Ashara to the kitchen. She sent a quick thought to Therogeon, "Kitchen is clear" and greeted her guests.

"Hello everyone!" she smiled, "Come on in. I happen to know a certain puppy that is waiting to see everyone." She then turned to Ashara and whispered, "The kitchen is that rune, "she added pointing, " They are unhurt, but will need special care. Therogeon will tell you how to get back to the library....if you don't mind me staying with the children."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:37 pm

He jumped back as the corpse suddenly seemed to grow another body, this one wearing chainmail. Or rather, as Thornton fell upon the beast hacking with his axe. He sighed in releif, "thanks Thornton....preciate it."

He then looked up as Almara's sending, "Kitchen is clear" entered his thoughts. Why would she send that....Elric! The wizard turned and ran over to his friend. The boils had covered the warrior's body and he could see just how weak the warrior was. "Hang on my brother", he whispered as he knelt down next to him. He placed a hand on Elric's shoulder.

"Thornton...don't let anyone in the room, "he added after a moments pause, "or out for that matter, until we return. Oh, and don't kill anyone unless your life is in immediate danger. Just keep them out of the room." He then looked down at his friend and forced a soft smile, "this may be a bit dizzying." So saying he spoke the words to his last teleport spell he had memorized and he and Elric suddenly were no longer in the inn in Carradoon but rather on the floor of the hastily emptied kitchen back in his tower in Impresk.
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Ashara

Post  Penelope Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:39 pm

"Of course not! And thank you, Almara...," she nodded gratefully amid the cheers of, "Yay! Calim!" and "I gonna ride him!"

She watched briefly as the woman escorted the children away and moved over to the rune on the wall that had been indicated would take her to the kitchen. Frustrated and worried she smashed her hand onto it a little harder than was necessary, and disappeared.
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  MrPrettyPretty Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:49 pm

The wizard looked up as they appeared in his kitchen. He wasn't suprised to see that it was empty, or rather he was suprised that Ashara wasn't here. Wait, there she was, appearing by the runes for traveling through the tower. He stood quickly and faced his sister.

"He was affected by a spell which caused a debilitating disease within him." He stepped around the table in the center of the room to give her easier access to her husband. "It has weakned him considerably and you should know he is probably contagious. Be carefull of the sickness yourself, please."
MrPrettyPretty
MrPrettyPretty

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:00 pm

The room spun and changed. In his weakened state he wanted to vomit, but couldn't. Suddenly the room changed from the dark a disgusting inn room, and became a familiar kitchen. Arms shaking he slowly raised himself up to his feet.

"owww... what happened?" he found himself asking. With the fog gone and in the light he finally got a look at what happened to him. "By Lathander...." He whispered in growing horror. "What is this?!?!"

Lesions and boils were covering his body and the pain was unimaginable. He knew that Ashara must have known he was in trouble, and was about to whisper to her... when he realized she was in the same room. Spinning around to see her, he realized one eye was nearly swollen shut. He leaned against a table and winced as he felt another boil burst.

"Hi..." he muttered in faint attempt at humor, "We're back...'"
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back - Page 3 Empty Re: Alturiak 1377 - CoRD Strikes Back

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next