The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

+10
Mr. Awesome
TRU
Edrykk Overstahr
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
The Sub-Creator
Swiftboot
Colin Marcus
Penelope
annasimone
WoTmaster
14 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty The Journal of Robert Dallion

Post  Penelope Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:29 pm

"If I’m going to get the others to follow me, I’ll need a story they can believe. Certainly nothing to do with Merlin. I have written a story about a Witch named Camelienne who haunted this area years ago. I say that she used a stone that possessed great power. Naturally they’ll want to go looking for it during the day so add in a clause that it can only be seen in light not brighter than the stars. That should help keep things on my terms. I throw in a ghastly death and the potential of missing children and I’m sure they’ll be hooked."

ROFL!!

Great reading! Thanks for continuing to post this stuff! cheers
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty Re: Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

Post  Swiftboot Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:24 pm

yes, and this becomes the exact point where matt took over the game from pat... we can never trust a dm again...
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty Re: Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:48 pm

Embarassed
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 am

With a quick snap, the spell book closed. Therogeon looked around him then and noted that Ashara and Elric as well as their three children and Almara were all in the library. Somehow a table had gotten broken

And Remember boys and Girls... This is what he does on WATCHES!!! Shocked
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty Mournaxe's pipe...?

Post  TRU Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:20 am

Ok, I was almost crying whilst reading the "In the Tunnels under the Water" until I read this part:

He brought out his pipe but even the familiar taste of tobacco didn't soothe the overly emotional fighter. Sighing he tamped out the pipe and put it away.

scratch
WHERE IS HE KEEPING THE PIPE? In his beard? He's NAKED, for goodness sake! I busted up laughing when I read it! Thanks, Josh! You made my day! Laughing
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:26 am

oh please, let it be in his beard!
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Saoirse Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:53 am

We've certainly had some disturbing visuals already in this campaign...

Pulling a coin out of the inside of a boy's head that had basically exploded from the bullet...

Marionettes coming to life to try to control Willow's body...

Creepy cloaked figure distorting time and seeing the guard's throat open up a few moments AFTER the cloaked lady passed...

Rotting mermaid strung up in the mock "Drunk Duck" tavern...

Vistani lady turning to mist and diving down the throat of the knight...

But the MOST disturbing HAS to be when the nekkid dwarf was on top of the knight trying to get him to breathe! pale I envisioned mouth to mouth, but Adam insists that Glanin didn't do that...
Saoirse
Saoirse

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:21 pm

Please.....

Let...

me.....

Die......... Shocked
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Gwilly wrote:scratch
WHERE IS HE KEEPING THE PIPE? In his beard? He's NAKED, for goodness sake! I busted up laughing when I read it! Thanks, Josh! You made my day! Laughing

/channel Josh.

MUHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH Twisted Evil

/Stop Channeling Josh.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:25 am

Hey all,
We didn't have internet at our place this morning.No We don't know if it got shut off early because of the move or if the internet is just down. Needless to say, I may not be back on this lovely forum between now and Saturday. I was hoping to finish the under the tunnel thread but I don't know about that now. May have to finish that in game play...

I will post again if we get the internet back. bounce

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... pirate
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Awesome Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:47 pm

Hey, push comes to shove, you guys can always come hang out here and 'jack my signal some more. I know I sure don't mind it! Besides, company is FUN!!

ms. pacman pacman pacman ghost orange ghost
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:53 am

Have internet!! YAY!

Thanks, Justin, for the offer. I was out all day garage sale-ing in Freeland yesterday so everything worked out. Today is packing day, again, still, etc!

Last edited by Gwilly on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incomplete... cause I had to run Ben to work)
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty Look what MMO's have done to us!

Post  The Sub-Creator Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:30 pm

DerrackTyme wrote:"One of the spells I am going to buff you with..."

I've bolded the word. I'm sure we've used this in-character before, but when I saw it this time, I couldn't help but laugh. We're actually using this terminology readily! I find it funny, that's all.

What has the world of computer gaming done to us! Laughing

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:45 pm

lol yeah... It's a vicious circle...

We use it in the computer games...

we use it in conversations ABOUT normal gaming...

we use it IN Normal gaming...

Now we're back to the computer, talking about normal gaming....
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Awesome Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Point in case though, even when referring to computer games, I have yet to ever use that term. Then again, I rarely if ever play games where "buff"-ing is even a remote possiblity... Wooooo...Master of Orion 2 ruuuuuuules!!!
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty Re:No Longer Home by Eddick

Post  TRU Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Eddick the Steady (XIV) wrote:"I turned around and left, and stopped Spiketail from coming in while Ellio, in a bold move, handed his drink to a demon named "Pinky" who seemed genuinely pleased to receive it.

Where's The Brain??? Suspect
TRU
TRU
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:36 pm

No brains allowed in the Sake Sake

shh, its a secret
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty Hmmm . . .

Post  The Sub-Creator Tue May 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Ao's Boss wrote:My life is all I have, but it is not my own; thus, I have nothing.

The opening line of FC's account of his past in The Creation

Darya wrote:I have nothing. I am nothing but what I’ve been trained to do.

A line from Lady Darya's Unsent Epistles

I thought this a most interesting commonality! Very Happy

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Wynnsaren Tue May 04, 2010 4:30 pm

Ao's Boss wrote:A line from Lady Darya's Unsent Epistles

I thought this a most interesting commonality! Very Happy

They are both servants, though only one of them chose that life... sunny
Wynnsaren
Wynnsaren

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Tue May 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Agreed!

I just find it very interesting that one comes from a background of "relative" wealth and comfort, while the other comes from a background without a whiff of privilege or freedom, yet both (in a matter of speaking) see themselves in the exact same light--whether by choice or force.

These two characters share identical realities about what they are, and (at the very least) a similar dedication to it. Two characters in all ways different, yet absolutely the same!

I simply enjoy the irony of it. Smile

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed May 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Hells, he supposed it might even be possible that in his beatings-induced haze they may have said something to him about who they were, and he'd just missed it. Somehow, he doubted that, however.

Oops.... Embarassed
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xarhelm Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Actually I believe Nas was taking a freeze trap to his face when he mentioned his name. He simply refers to him as master gnome much as he sometimes refers to the dwarf as master dwarf. Plus after all we saw and dealt with Nas feels the gnome showed remarkably poor reception for being set free and having his stuff returned.
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 6 Empty At the risk of sounding the jerk . . .

Post  The Sub-Creator Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm

I wish to enlighten the community on one grammatical flaw I keep seeing repeatedly throughout our threads. It's a minor thing, I'll grant you, but one easily remedied.

When a character is speaking, and a new paragraph begins during the course of their speech, one need not close off the dialogue in the previous paragraph. In other words:

Johnny gathered in all his winnings from the center of the table. "I forget how easy it can be to take all of your money!

"Eric! Grab me a beer from the fridge, would you?"

Note that the lack of quotation marks at the end of the first paragraph indicates it's still Johnny speaking in the second paragraph. If I were to put closed quotations at the end of that first paragraph, the indication is that a different person is speaking that second line.

I continually see us closing the dialogue, and then immediately starting up another paragraph with the same person speaking, without any descriptors between. It's slightly confusing this way, because my brain tells me that someone else is speaking in the next paragraph, when, in fact, this is not the case.

Anyway, this was something that I wanted to bring up, primarily from a standpoint of clearer understanding while reading the posts. It's certainly not as pivotal during our general posting, simply because we rarely speak for another character other than our own. But, we also do some storytelling, and closing dialogues when they should be left open could quickly become a hindrance to comprehension for those reading along!

That is all. Didn't mean to offend, if I have. Just something that I thought would be an easy fix.

Bannachadee, always! Smile

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu May 06, 2010 3:18 pm

Fixed two of the threads that I've posted in so far!

I'll be sure to try to watch that in the future! Thanks for the tip! Very Happy
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  xarhelm Thu May 06, 2010 3:39 pm

I apologize in advance I have a very minor learning disability and as a result punctuation and spelling are the items effected but I will make a efffort to try and make it clearer. study
xarhelm
xarhelm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum