The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

+10
Mr. Awesome
TRU
Edrykk Overstahr
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
The Sub-Creator
Swiftboot
Colin Marcus
Penelope
annasimone
WoTmaster
14 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 Empty wondering what technology level is needed for comic books

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Michelle says "Isn't that scrapbooking?"

I am inclined to agree.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 Empty Re: Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

Post  Penelope Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:38 pm

Never thought of a novel as a 'scrapbook', but... Okay we can go with that! scratch
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 Empty Re: Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Wow... Poker night with Kaber and Ivan...

I hope Ashara's not Scrapbooking very far away... We may need healing by the time this nights over Shocked
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:46 pm

Wait... is "scrapbooking" pixie-code for mischief? 'Cause I'm sure we can think of ALL KINDS of mischief! silent
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 am

pale

Oh no.....
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 Empty BEST EVER!

Post  Penelope Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:56 pm

I just thought that it needed to be said...

Pat, this has been the best campaign I've ever had the pleasure of being involved in! Thank you so much for putting ALL the work into creating these stories for us, and then on top of that, being flexible enough to allow the players to create their stories within yours!

I have lost more sleep over these adventures than is healthy, but have enjoyed every second of it! You are an amazing DM! sunny
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:04 pm

I'll second that!

This has been my favorite Campaign... And to be honest I NEVER thought anything would beat 1890's...

1890's is a REALLY close 2nd... REALLY CLOSE... but we do have a new winner Very Happy
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 am

I thank you both. Smile

But, if you're speaking of what made this campaign great, I had little to do with it! All I did was give you a little nudge out the door! Wink

Seriously, I think the depths that people strove to hit with their characters in this campaign (in no small part because of these wonderful forums set up by our dear friend, Michelle!) is what made it truly great! As far as complexities of storytelling, I think this was probably my most lackadaisical! I still believe the original "Second Campaign" (not the one coming up, but the one many a year ago!) was probably my crowning achievement to date. It's possible, however, that---if I am able to find the time to work on it as I'd like---the campaign after the next could win over my heart, however. Oh, how I have plans for that one! bounce Only time will tell . . .

I still appreciate greatly all you say, and am very, very happy that you all had copious amounts of fun! Let's shoot to do it again real soon, yes? Very Happy

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:32 am

I have to agree with Pat on this one. It was the characters that made this story great. You all did really well, here at the end, when we started going with these emails and threads.

Being the forwardly minded individual that I am, I appreciate progress. When it became apparent that my druid would basically no longer level due to excessive amounts of experience needed to attain new levels, I could have gotten bitter toward the character (and did, but only a little), but two things got me through it. One was that if my character died, I could bring in a new one with the same experience (although I had been accused of being suicidal before). The other was the opportunity to roleplay the snot out of him.

When we started doing these things, it really brought out who we wanted these characters to be in the first place. It brought new life to the situation, and people who had lost interest in their character, found fun new reasons to be there.

I'm just happy that everyone seemed to get a hero moment in the last two sessions. It showed that we indeed each had a role to play in the party and in what we were doing. I could not have scripted a better ending to everything that was going on. It was a real thrill ride there at the end, and I really appreciate all of your efforts.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:08 am

Ao's Boss wrote: As far as complexities of storytelling, I think this was probably my most lackadaisical!

Give yourself a mark for using lackadaisical in a sentence.... farao
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 am

how many is he up to now?
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:44 am

I lost count...

Now I want to play a game of Scrabble using ONLY made up words. Pull out the dictionary... If it's in there, you can't use it!

All words must have a definition. Cool
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Does the elven dictionary count too?
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:00 pm

LOL

I would recommend the Elven Scrabble and the Made-up Scrabble just be two seperate games Wink
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Awesome Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 pm

I'd almost like to start that as a regular game night now that you come up with the idea..."fantasy language scrabble" Could be elvin one night, could be dwarven the next. Could spontaniously be klingon another week...or maybe ringwraith another week. Though in the case of the last example I'd imagine we'd all get tired of spelling out "SKRREEEEEEEEEEEKKKK" for nearly every other word.
Mr. Awesome
Mr. Awesome

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:25 pm

Mr. Awesome wrote:Could be elvin one night, could be dwarven the next.

*cracks knuckles*

Let's do this...
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Ashara wrote:
Mr. Awesome wrote:Could be elvin one night, could be dwarven the next.

*cracks knuckles*

Let's do this...

HEY!!!

Last time you pwned me at Scrabble you expressly forbade me the usage of elven names! Personally, I think you were scared I'd gain 50 points each time it was my turn from clearing out all seven of my letters, but . . .

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:15 pm

I feel so privileged to have been a part of this AMAZING campaign as well! With it being my first campaign I feel like I've had the best experience ever! Can't wait for the next one now!! bounce Very Happy
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 4 Empty Vortobias Trueblade

Post  Penelope Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 pm

AWESOME story!! cheers

Paladins are SO great! ^_^
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:49 am

and Eddick walked into the Nymph's cave...

NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!!! Shocked
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:07 am

Eddick the Steady (XIV) wrote:and Eddick walked into the Nymph's cave...

NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN!!!!! Shocked

Bah, he probably has to roll a 1 to fail his save, and even then he'd probably only be blinded. Unless she's not bothered to put any clothes on yet...then he could be dead...

So help me, if the wedding has to be postponed AGAIN so they can take Eddick's body back to his family, Ashara is going to be... very. put. out. Evil or Very Mad
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:24 am

Bahh... He'll keep for a day!

Between Ashara and Cadderly and any Chauntea priests... we'll not have to postpone again Wink

We've got our PICK of Priests!
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:35 am

Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:38 pm

1) I feel kind of bad about being freaked out by Thornton all this time....

2) I'm more certain then ever that Calimshan will become a nation of Grassmen bent on world domination.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:40 pm

you have no idea how much fun that was to write!!! Very Happy
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum