The Wood Between the Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:40 am
Latest topics
» The "Bored at work" thread
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 9:31 pm by Magyc

» Fangwood Map
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 15, 2023 8:04 pm by Magyc

» Introduction to Kestrillon
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 5:56 am by Eddick the Steady (XIV)

» Picturesque
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 1:11 pm by Magyc

» Pathfinder
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 10:31 pm by TRU

» High Jumping
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 10:31 am by Magyc

» The Adolescence of Silas Trester
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 07, 2022 7:22 pm by The Sub-Creator

» Prophecy from the Vistani
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 19, 2022 12:47 am by TRU

» Lettters of Correspondence
Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2022 4:59 am by Colin Marcus

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

+10
Mr. Awesome
TRU
Edrykk Overstahr
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
The Sub-Creator
Swiftboot
Colin Marcus
Penelope
annasimone
WoTmaster
14 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 Empty Re: Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

Post  WoTmaster Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:59 am

Elric wrote:Bah... I've had TWO characters ask him his name, and he just raises his eyebrows Wink

Ryn finally got his name, but it took two adventures to do it Very Happy

Dwarf still doesn't know who he was....

He's also very soft spoken, and he's WAYYYY over on the other side of the table.
Much as I like my Right hand of the DM spot, I may need to scoot down a bit to keep in the conversations Smile

Wait a minute... I'm married to the DM and you are on the right and I get the left??... something about this is not adding up to me! Smile
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 Empty Re: Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines...

Post  The Sub-Creator Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:57 am

WoTmaster wrote:Wait a minute... I'm married to the DM and you are on the right and I get the left??... something about this is not adding up to me! Smile

You know, now that you mention it, that is kinda . . . peculiar . . . Shocked

You may wish to do a little further research into this matter!

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:16 am

It is worth noting that Matt is ALWAYS on the DM's right... Wink
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 am

It used to be the left... but I do like the right better Very Happy

Have to keep within easy note passing spot Twisted Evil

Besides "the closer I am to danger, the further I am from Harm!" What a Face

Last edited by Elric on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:25 am

Not ALWAYS. In the first 1890s campaign he was to the left and I was to the right.

Smile

But other than that... yeah... pretty much always to the right...

I think it is cuz he usually is the first one to the game and gets to pick his spot first!

(and on tuesday nights it is more convenient for me to be on the left side of the table than stuck in the corner)

Wink
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 pm

For the main campaigns I'm usually on the left. Mostly because the DM can't hear me over the others. Razz
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Ashara wrote:For the main campaigns I'm usually on the left. Mostly because the DM can't hear me over the others. Razz

This is true. Smile

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm the opposite.

I have a much harder time hearing the DM than they do hearing ME....

Don't think I ever heard someone say they couldn't hear me before scratch
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Edrykk Overstahr Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Huh? What? Laughing

Edrykk Overstahr

Back to top Go down

Post  Swiftboot Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:17 pm

well, the way i look at tuesdays is twofold...

1st, when i am annoyed with players i wish to slap them. as i am right handed, that is my slapping hand. since i have to live with my wife i would rather not slap her.

2nd, being the dm and the husband, sometimes i demand food or drink. holly being the wife is in the outside position best suited for hearing my demands and getting said things for me. to which she completely ignores me. still, it is good to know that she is in that position.
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:29 pm

I think these arguments tend to fall apart when its pointed out that seating chart rarely changes... despite the fact the DM's do Wink

Marriages, Food runs... Slapping opportunities... If they were an issue it would change based on who was DMing..

Ok, Except the slapping. That's kind of universal bounce
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  WoTmaster Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 am

Kaber wrote:well, the way i look at tuesdays is twofold...

1st, when i am annoyed with players i wish to slap them. as i am right handed, that is my slapping hand. since i have to live with my wife i would rather not slap her.

2nd, being the dm and the husband, sometimes i demand food or drink. holly being the wife is in the outside position best suited for hearing my demands and getting said things for me. to which she completely ignores me. still, it is good to know that she is in that position.

wow... since it's your birthday when i read this i'll let it slide...
lol
WoTmaster
WoTmaster

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 Empty To Put down a Dracolich

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Question!

This thread is set in Athkatla, but when?

Is this one of our first nights... 'we know the dragon is in Amn so what kind of plans do we have...'

or is this 'The dragon's coming TOMORROW, so set up the stragagies NOW' terror filled thread:shock: that we were picking up on Saturday?

I don't think Josh can post when he's at work, and I'd have questions for Therogeon Wink

Also my #1 strategy for killing a giant building sized dragon. Build a Second Giant sized MECHANICAL Dragon to FIGHT it! That way they fight on even terms and the death and destruction is DOUBLED!!!! Shocked Wait a minute... Hand me my notes

pale oops....
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

I would prefer to have the discussion the night/afternoon we talked to the Cult guy, but technically that hasn't happened yet, so we may need to get the okay from Pat. Plus, the cult guy will probably have some important information for us.... scratch

Maybe it would be easier just to set it the night before, on the sixth... After the whole deal with Quintel and learning about Myrkul and his connection to the Rod. We KNOW it's coming at some point, we just don't know how very soon it actually WILL be coming.... pale
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:41 pm

Exactly!

Also we specificly came to amn BECAUSE the dragon was here... so they KNOW a fights coming...

I'm also concernced with how quiet the forums have been lately. If Pat, Josh and Michelle don't add to the converstation... it'll feel weird. Expecially with Pat and Josh knowing the most about the cult and dragons and such.
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Sub-Creator Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Elric wrote:Expecially with Pat and Josh knowing the most about the cult and dragons and such.

Whoa, now, son . . . I don't have a character involved in said discussion! There's no reason I should be posting info about anything, especially in-character!

That said:

Ashara wrote:Plus, the cult guy will probably have some important information for us....

Oh . . . oooooh . . . oooooooooooooh, goodness . . . .

Will he EVER! Yeah, you'll definitely want to hear what he has to say on this one. Twisted Evil

The Sub-Creator

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:58 pm

I don't know how 'official' it all needs to be... Just a place to bounce some ideas around. I'll send an email out to let everyone know that this is happening at least. Crews won't be there on Saturday, so this gives him a chance to participate too.

I just thought 'in character' would be more fun than 'out of character'... Smile

I'll edit the thread to show the date too!

Ao's Boss wrote:

Will he EVER! Yeah, you'll definitely want to hear what he has to say on this one. Twisted Evil

/rolls d30

/fails

Shocked
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:17 pm

/sigh

He's ALWAYS saying things like this..... Sad
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:17 pm

Ao's Boss wrote:
Elric wrote:Expecially with Pat and Josh knowing the most about the cult and dragons and such.

Whoa, now, son . . . I don't have a character involved in said discussion! There's no reason I should be posting info about anything, especially in-character!

That said:

Ashara wrote:Plus, the cult guy will probably have some important information for us....

That was my point... DOn't know what you've in mind for Creepy McSneaks-a-lot there, but if the conversation was AFTER we met him, he 'might' be there....

All I'm sayin' Wink
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:24 am

welp, I'm not really posting in character because Gwilly wouldn't really discuss such things. It bores her. And she is not good at planning...
TRU
TRU
Admin

https://cord.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Colin Marcus Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 am

ahhh yes.... the 'Longreach Syndrome"

I recall it well.... Very frustrating.

Well, In character or out... If you have an ideas THROW THEM OUT!!!

WE WANT TO LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cyclops
Colin Marcus
Colin Marcus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 Empty Poker night

Post  Swiftboot Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:09 pm

okay, this came from a brief discussion about the minotaur and men thread and i had to share.

Ben: more!
more backstory!
buahahahaha

Sparkler: oh, you know where it is? i think i gave it when talking to ashara in dagadar...

Ben: Eddick wasnt there!

Sparkler: okay, nobody else knows so i guess you are entitled
yeah, i wasn't going to cause i thought i told it already, guess not to you...
story time with kaber!

Ben: yeah, ashara's no gossip
no one knows but her

Sparkler: where's gwilly when you need her to overhear a conversation??

Ben: sigh
she doesnt tell secrets that often, and she leaves out details
we really need a better busybody in the group

Sparkler: we do...i bet furgal would have been great

Ben: do we expect our men to just up and talk about our feelings?
sigh
I bet Aratis loved the gossip

Sparkler: LOL

Ben: "I love killing people and gossip, and Im all out of gossip"

Sparkler: see, that's why we have the women, else we'd never know anything about anyone
LOL!!
what we need to have is manly "training sessions"...or "poker nights" that way we can be open to each other without looking weak in front of the women folk

Ben: could you imagine kaber, elric, eddick and Therogeon sitting around a table playing cards?
we need a fifth

Sparkler: cadderly
or ivan

Ben: there we go

Sparkler: okay, from now on, when we are all in town, every wed is poker night

Ben: nice
Eddick will port in for that

Sparkler: just to warn you, kaber will have a hard time bluffing. and might take cutting the deck literally

Ben: world traveller comes back for poker night
let the wookee win
got it

Sparkler: hehe

Ben: someone move this walking carpet!
I dont care what you smell!
Swiftboot
Swiftboot

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:16 pm

R O F L!!!

Technically Elric probably knows whatever backstory stuff has been told to Ashara. After the Memory Read and all... That would be up to him! Wink

LOVE the idea of poker night, but what do the girls get to do? Ashara's already been accused of spending too much time with Gwilly!! sunny
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Commenting about the other RP threads' storylines... - Page 3 Empty Make us snackfood!

Post  Eddick the Steady (XIV) Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:22 pm

Michelle thinks scrap booking would be a good time with Ashara. It would require lots of drawing due to the non-availability of cameras.
Eddick the Steady (XIV)
Eddick the Steady (XIV)

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm

"Make us snackfood!" ROFL! Well that's a given! Rolling Eyes

Hopefully the guys won't be playing poker for money, cause Elric would certainly not be able to bluff to save his life!

Scrapbooking would be fun... Maybe they could write illustrated novels detailing the adventures of the CHAMPIONS OF THE RED DAWN! Very Happy
Penelope
Penelope

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum